#1 2010-03-16 11:26:55

Hat Tip to Dick Wheeler!

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/sorelosers.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#2 2010-03-16 11:56:36

The word on the street is that the team is scheduled to appear before the BOS tonight yet I don't see it on the agenda.  Why wouldn't we want to promote such an event ?  Have ALL the media outlets been notified ?  This is bigger than anything in a very long time and its the first time ever in our history that Wareham has won a state championship in any sporting event.

WELL DONE TEAM !

#3 2010-03-16 14:30:44

The BOS, none of whom caught a single second of a game this year, wiill use this as a photo op..Of course, Bobo will be there with a tear in his eye(always after a big game)..maybe one of these days he'll actually interview the Coach and not copy his quotes from other news sources!!

#4 2010-03-16 14:56:51

Don't worry, people KNOW what these people are about. There time is coming to an end shortly...April 6th

#5 2010-03-16 15:14:32

Great cartoon! Who is the artist?
I believe if you check back to the early 60's we had a championship football team. I can't really remember, but I know we were good. Lenny Lopes and Richard Laboulierre(sp?) were the stars on the team. Richard went on to West Point. He had a twin brother.
Someone help me here...bornof?
I don't mean to take away from these fine young men. I am proud that they will represent Wareham for the rest of their lives, and their names wil live on forever.
Let the cheap "pols" take their pictures and absorb the moment. None of them are in basketball uniforms.
They will be forgotten.
Those kids never will be forgotten.
PEACE!!

#6 2010-03-16 20:16:54

Oh Biff - I had to pull out a yearbook.  1963 graduating class had Lenny Lopes and Richard (Labby) Labouliere as co-captains. 
In the 1962 (their last) football season they were Tri-County Champs.  I know there were many other serious awards and they are hung on the new WHS corrider walls and trophy case.

Don't remember Labby having a twin, an older brother maybe, but he had twin brothers that graduated with me in 1966.

Wareham's total season score was 202 and their opponent's total scores added up to 53.  They were a great team.  Buzzy Lindsey, Art Bowles, Brian Morse, Broni Baranowski, Guy Carbone, Kevin Heap, Bob Hatch, Julio Fernandes, Jim Bruce, Bob Hamilton, Jack Schea, Ed Westgate, Don Gagner and Leon Jackson to name a few.  None of these guys ended up as selectmen in Wareham so they must be doing good.

#7 2010-03-16 21:43:04

All of them were great guys!
You're right...they never became Selectmen. Smart, huh?

#8 2010-03-17 01:38:00

danoconnell wrote:

All of them were great guys!
You're right...they never became Selectmen. Smart, huh?

I probably shouldn't have written that last ditty, as I know well that you were a selectman in Wareham.  And...........I wouldn't want to hurt Cara, Steve or Claire.  I am only referring to the Board of Selectmen and Moderator as they stand NOW.

Come to think of it, where's my sign for Claire Smith????

#9 2010-03-17 09:25:30

I know you and love you, Bornof...I know you didn't mean to insult me or any other previous Selectmen.
Most former politicians have very weak egos and are easily hurt.
I agree with your assessment of the current Board.

#10 2010-03-17 15:59:32

danoconnell wrote:

I know you and love you, Bornof...I know you didn't mean to insult me or any other previous Selectmen.
Most former politicians have very weak egos and are easily hurt.
I agree with your assessment of the current Board.

Thanks, I feel better.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com