#1 2010-03-02 17:19:54

GWB

As found under the (In voters we (don't) trust) Thread on Wareham Village Soup.Com ( oh my god this guy has gone off the deep end.)

Posted by: Michael Jones | Mar 02, 2010 13:27

In David R. Smith’s editorial about the Charter Review Committee, the non-binding resolution on the form of government, and open town meeting (among other things), he makes the following statement:

This is the so-called ‘stacking” argument, which, as I’ve pointed out so many times before that I am sick of stating the obvious, is how democracy works. The majority doesn’t decide issues; the majority of those who vote decide them. Town Meeting intimidation is no excuse. There are enough police on hand to jump into any altercation, and fear of disagreement is no defense for inaction. Many have taken bullets for their views, so holding up a colored card to vote ”yea” or “nay” in a high school gym sort of pales by comparison, doesn’t it?

It sounds to me like Mr. Smith is advocating violence. In order for us to fully participate in his vision of democracy we must be ready to stand up to those who want to intimidate us into voting their way. In his democracy we are expected to bring as many people with the same views as ours as possible to town meeting. In his democracy we (our gang of like-minded people) are expected to do everything possible to get enough of the other people to vote our way. In his democracy we are expected to show no limits to our efforts to influence people in attendance because the police are there to let us know if we have gone too far. In his democracy an altercation (i.e. fist fight) is just another way of casting a vote with someone else’s vote card. In his democracy moving from one section of the auditorium to another to be counted twice is just a matter of not getting caught. In his democracy if you are going to hold up your vote card at the wrong time you better be wondering where the bullet is going to lodge in your body and how many votes you’ll miss as you are taken to the hospital for treatment.

What a sick view of democracy! Speaking of sick, I am sick and tired of people claiming that apathy is just people’s way of saying they agree with everything that is going on. They make the argument that if people don’t participate in town meeting and/or elections then it must mean they are happy with the decisions the rest of us are making. That is the kind of over simplification of behavior that only a supporter of the status quo could make. The reasons people don’t vote are many and varied. To suggest you know why they behave the way they do without a detailed and statistically significant study says more about that person’s trustworthiness than anything else. Mr. Smith says that some people just don’t care enough to participate. That is obvious! The real question is “why” they don’t care. Maybe some of them don’t want to participate in such a sick form of democracy as the one advocated by Mr. Smith.

I hate to disagree with him for fear he might beat me up, but the only one that I see that has a really sick view of how Democracy work is this guy.

Ham please bring him peace! sounds like he needs it ;)

#2 2010-03-02 17:27:14

Yes...the brother needs peace..and also a bit of intelligence..is he the Scarecrow?...he seems like a nice enough fellow. Perhaps he is just confused. I know that all of us love him and hope for the best for him and wish him peace...
We love him....
PEACE!!
Don'tcha' just feel good?
Peace out brothers and sisters.

#3 2010-03-02 17:38:47

GWB

Yes I agree Dan he needs a great big hug. I hope this is not the ultra stable mindset that he brought to the table as a member of the crc. No wonder those folks voted for a government change. He wanted it and they were to scared to vote any other way. Perhaps someone here could provide Mr. Jones with the number for a well trained mental health professional. Someone like that might be able to bring him the much needed help he needs so that he too may feel the Peace and love that Ham is now bringing to us.

Have a peace filled wonderful night! Must see TV in an a little over an hour.

#4 2010-03-02 17:41:36

Ye, the assistance of the Great Ham of Peace hath been requested and the Ham of Peace shall assist with words of Ham Peaceful Wisdom.

I got nothin.'  This guy needs to get a delicious Dunkin Donuts Ice Coffee and try to chillax.

So sayeth the Ham of Peace.

#5 2010-03-02 17:46:47

As  Larry of Peace (so sayeth the Ham of Peace) I find the best way to approach this is to hand him  a flower. He speaks of being held in a headlock as a young brother and upon meeting him, he expressed his concern of intimidation. Perhaps a course in self defense? We cannot always be victim. We must broaden our horizons and show this gentelman there is nothing to fear but fear itself. We will not harm him if he has different point of view. We only want to share our love and promote peace.

#6 2010-03-02 18:09:48

GWB

Oh Larry of Peace (so sayeth the Ham of Peace) Would you happen to have a really super de dooper Gun locker for which we could lock our weapons up in. Perhaps it would bring Mr. Jones that comfort he needs.

( if you are going to hold up your vote card at the wrong time you better be wondering where the bullet is going to lodge in your body and how many votes you’ll miss as you are taken to the hospital for treatment.)

It is really really sad that his chief prophet has managed to instill such fear and hatred into him.

Last edited by GWB (2010-03-02 18:10:46)

#7 2010-03-02 18:28:32

GWB

People killing People dieing, Children Hurt and even Crying, Can you practice what you Preach and would you turn the other cheek? Hammy, Hammy, Hammy, Help Us! Send some guidence from above. Cause people got me got me questioning, Where is the love? So sayeth the Black Eyed Peas

Ps. If you could Peace Span find the video. thought it might be fitting with the peace movement.

Last edited by GWB (2010-03-02 18:37:22)

#8 2010-03-02 20:48:20

Oh gracious and wise GWB,
I am awaiting my gun permit from the Town of Wareham (purely for sport purposes). My permit from the oh so far away state of tranquility (Tennessee) has expired. I can direct you to a proper storage unit that is locked. We come in peace to conduct town business and spread the word of the great and mighty Ham of Peace. Fear not you brothers and sisters of perpetual victimness, we shall defend you with our bare hands against the evil doers!

I see the gospel of perpetual victimness being preached. In chapter 7, section 3:
Woe is the victim that attendeth town meeting. Yea shall cower and and not shout "you missed the count" loudly (as did sister Andrea). Yea shall be awarded bountiful time over the intimidating scoundrels in our quest to supress peace and togetherness. Long may you live in your victimness or until yea shall findeth the courage to speak the truth through words or pen"

#9 2010-03-03 00:28:30

Here ya go GWB..

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:QGrzS7U70nPVaM:http://www.fromthevaultradio.org/home/wp-content/images/FTV029_Peace/peace%2001%20american%20flag%20handsign.jpg
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-03-03 00:36:54)

#10 2010-03-03 05:20:57

in the greater intrest of peace i found this quote perfect.....

"Your government is only as good as the people you elect.” from alan slavin......

vote for better people in our goverment april 6.........

#11 2010-03-03 06:19:18

GWB

Thank You Brother Peace Span. Considering all the darkness that has consumed Wareham politics over the past couple years I think of this song often. Words kinda fit don't cha think.

People can accuse those of us that want responsible government and dare I say it Journalisim in Wareham of Hate all they want if it Makes them feel better but I know in my heart it is not true. Fear can be a very ugly thing it can control your life if you let it. Don't ever let it! Stand Strong! Support your Candidates! Stand up for what you belive in! It is your right as a American. And nothing the TFHC or their leader can do can take that away from you!

See you on April 6th and the 26th time for the dawn of a new day in Wareham one that is brighter for all of us.

Peace Out...... GWB

#12 2010-03-03 15:12:33

http://koikoikoi.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/tumblr_kx0vudxfPD1qzt4vjo1_500.gif

#13 2010-03-03 15:41:26

OK Bill..I can't stop looking at that thing....Wow..

VOTE4CHANGE
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-03-03 15:44:54)

#14 2010-03-03 16:12:01

WOW!!!
Brother BillW of Peace presents a groovy thing, man...I am hypnotized!!!
Big HUG to you, brother Bill.
Peace, cuz...

#15 2010-03-03 16:13:21

Marny...that's what you were talking about... Lucy with Diamonds...I didn't get it then...I'm cool now.
Brother Bill showed me the way!!
Peace out!!

#16 2010-03-03 16:30:39

HAM of Peace asked me to post the following:
As much as we all know that HAM of Peace is our supreme Karma dude...he is in a total funk.
He is confused and aggravated by not being able to let loose on the troll. He is fighting it with every fiber of his being.
BUT...he knows, it is up to him to show us the way. The way of peace. The way of love and happiness. The way to hug and love all brothers and sisters of all races and creeds and political leanings. Hug those who have transgressed against us and our families and Town.
He spreads the message of love with great reservation. But...he is the messenger of love..and he accepts the mantle of leadership.
Love and peace to you all from the HAM of Peace.

P.S. He wanted me to remind everyone that...if he gets pissed off...all bets are off.
However, he is pleased to know that there are many other bearers of love to carry the message.

#17 2010-03-03 17:48:33

Marny...I am sorry..you meant Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.
Anyway..OK...so I read that grapes help memory loss and are great for antioxidants.
My question is: what is more effective...eating them out of the box...drinking them with the liquid that Dick Wheeler often speaks of..or smoking them?
I need an answer quickly, because some friends are talking about "rolling one", and I think they mean grapes.
Thanks for your help.
Peace OUT!!!

#18 2010-03-03 18:01:09

I'd be glad to help but my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be......
....And I'll tell you something else....My memory isn't as sharp as it used to be!

#19 2010-03-03 18:55:56

What???
Dick...what???

#20 2010-03-03 20:27:37

....An Englishman, an Irishman, and a Scotsman walk into a bar, and.......
shuckey-darn !....I can't remember how it goes.........Help me Dan !

#21 2010-03-03 22:49:48

Dick
I know how your memory is going I must point out that an Englishman , Irishman , and Scotsman would never walk into a bar together to begin with that is why you cant remember how it goes. that is like saying Bruce , Robert and Ham  the peace maker walked into a bar together it would never happen. Peace and love to all from a loving Irish Man.

#22 2010-03-04 07:38:39

Dan I can understand your confusion. I have heard from friends, that if you roll one first you will then be able to consume mass quantities of grapes at one sitting.

#23 2010-03-04 09:34:22

Thank you, Marny...that is exactly the information I needed. Burn it..drink it...Peace out Girl!!!

#24 2010-03-04 09:36:39

Kinsailman brings up a good point...but because we are the Peace group, I think that we could actually seek Irishmen, Englishmen and Scotsmen from this site of Peace to go out for a "wee one"....Love and peace...

#25 2010-03-04 09:43:14

Let's face it, if a Scot, English, and Irish entered the bar together, it would be in a tussle with fists flying. Afterwards, they would toast each other until they had had enough alcohol, and then resumed the scuffle.

It's still Peace, but a very different kind of peace!

#26 2010-03-04 10:33:50

Dick Wheeler wrote:

....An Englishman, an Irishman, and a Scotsman walk into a bar, and.......
shuckey-darn !....I can't remember how it goes.........Help me Dan !

Not mine..

An Englishman, Irishman and a Scotsman all walk into a bar, the barman shouts:
"What the hell is this? Some kind of a joke?"

another..

A Scotsman, an Irishman, and an Englishman are each sentenced to a year in solitary confinement; before being locked away, each is to be granted a year's supply of whatever he wants to help him get through the long, long spell alone.

The Scotsman asks for a year's supply of whisky; it's given to him and he's locked away.
The Irishman asks for a year's supply of Guinness so he's locked up with several thousand bottles of it.
The Englishman asks for a year's supply of cigarettes and he's given a pile of cartons and the cell door is shut on him.
One year later, the doors are all unlocked.

The Scotsman staggers out and shouts, 'I'm free!' and then keels over dead from alcohol poisoning.
The Irishman is dragged out into the light, whereupon he promptly dies of liver failure.
When the door to the Englishman's cell is opened, everybody watches eagerly to see what sort of a wreck the man has made of himself.

To their surprise, he walks right out the door, sidles up to the first person he sees, and asks, 'I say you wouldn't happen to have a match, would you?'

more??

3 guys, 1 Irish, 1 English and 1 Scotch, are walking along the beach one day and come across a lantern and a Genie pops out of it.
"I give you each one wish, that's three wishes in total", says the Genie.
The Irish guy says, "I am a fisherman, my Dad's a fisherman, his Dad was a fisherman and my son will be one too. I want all the oceans full of fish for all eternity."
So, with a blink of the Genie's eye "AlKaZoom" the oceans were teaming with fish.
The English guy was amazed, so he said, "I want a wall around England, protecting her, so that nothing will get in for all eternity.
Again, with a blink of the Genie's eye "AlkaZoom - POOF" there was a huge wall around England. The Scot asks, "I'm very curious. Please tell me more about this wall."
The Genie explains, "Well, it's about 150 feet high, 50 feet thick, protecting England so that nothing can get in or out."
The Scot says, "Ach, fill it up with water."

ok, last one..

An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman were sitting in a bar, drinking, and discussing how stupid their wives were. The Englishman says, "I tell you, my wife is so stupid. Last week she went to the supermarket and bought £250 worth of meat because it was on sale, and we don't even have a fridge to keep it in." The Scotsman agrees that she sounds pretty thick, but says his wife is thicker. "Just last week, she went out and spent £17,000 on a new car," he laments, "and she doesn't even know how to drive!" The Irishman nods sagely, and agrees that these two woman sound like they both walked through the stupid forest and got hit by every branch. However, he still thinks his wife is dumber. "Ah, it kills me every toime oi tink of it," he chuckles. "Moy woife just left to go on a holiday in Greece. Oy watched her packing her bag, and she must have put about 100 condoms in there. And she doesn't even have a penis!"

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-03-04 10:44:49)

#27 2010-03-04 11:45:55

It being March and all i will ad my 2 cents worth not sure it is even worth that much.
A  Mormon was seated next to an Irishman on a flight from London. After the
plane was airborne, drink orders were taken. The Irishman asked for a
whiskey, which was promptly brought and placed before him. The flight
attendant then asked the Mormon if he would like a drink.

The Mormon replied in disgust, "I'd rather be savagely seduced by a dozen
whores than let liquor touch my lips".

The  Irishman then handed his drink back to the attendant and said, "Me, too.
I didn't know we had a choice........."

#28 2010-03-04 13:34:45

In a moment of peace and clarity, the following was posted in response to Mick Jones, Vice Chairman of the Charter Review Committee.

Repost:
Good morning Mick! I hope all is well with you.

One of the more interesting points you have touched on is the participation in town meeting versus the participation in town elections. You qualify those counts as “small” and “large”. In reference to the number of registered voters in Wareham (approximately 15,000), I would consider both numbers small. In general, there seems to be a disconnect between the voters and their right to attend town meeting or vote in town wide elections. As the Vice Chairman of the Charter Review Committee, I would think that issue would have been a very large topic of discussion. Is it your opinion that by eliminating town meeting, that will increase the citizens that flock to the poll? Is this based on any sort of polling or statistical research completed by the Charter Review Committee before deciding to change the form of government?

I also find it peculiar that you insinuate that the concern is purely about winning and losing. I think that is a bit unprofessional and bias. Is “stacking the vote” the same as informing citizens on the articles at town meeting and encouraging them to attend? If so then I would submit that calls made from a phone bank encouraging registered voters to attend and misinforming them about articles on the warrant would be considered “stacking”. However, it didn’t work. Maybe it is about losing more than winning? Many of the voters who did attend town meeting received those calls and still voted down the article in question. I do agree with you that stacking town meeting has not worked.

One point you seem to be overlooking, no one is excluded from attending town meeting. It is open to all registered voters in Wareham. That is a fact and no amount of twisting will change that fact. If voters do not attend town meeting, then they miss their opportunity to speak out or simply vote on the articles. If you are successful in changing the structure of the town government, you still have not addressed voter apathy. I would consider that a more important issue than any changes to the structure. Since there was no chance for the citizens to weigh in on that topic before the committee decided to ignore our existing Charter, then the question remains, who does the change benefit? A prime example of voter apathy is the low turnout for the public meetings held by your committee. If you consider 500 at town meeting “small”, what do you consider the 50 citizens who attended your public information session? If a structural change is going to fix all the issues of Wareham, where are the citizens that support it?

On the issue of non-binding referendums, the jury is still out. Since it is an opinion poll, how will the new administration choose to use the results? Based on the carefully crafted wording, there can be several conclusions. Since not one of our elected officials or the Charter Review Committee took the time to actually consult the citizens of Wareham, it leaves many wondering who exactly does our administration work for.

That really good article by Andrea Smith forgot to mention that during town meeting, she can be heard (I was 6 rows up and in the middle) yelling “You missed the count”. It didn’t sound like she feared for her life. In fact, as much as I have been criticized, threatened, and abused at a certain chat forum (Andrea and you participate in the forum) an intelligent person would conclude that the words “intimidation” and “fear” are just used to rally sympathy. People that truly are in fear for their life and feel intimidated do not make comments such as “I feel another column coming on” or “Sorry, hit the post button by accident - I meant to say "One, two three all in unison "old MacDonald had a farm" eyi eyi oh my head.". Does that sound like the frightened person who wrote that article?

I think it’s time to stop equating town meeting to a MMA match.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com