#1 2010-03-01 10:38:10

1. CALL TO ORDER BY CHAIRMAN
2. ROLL CALL
3. ANNOUNCEMENT
4. CITIZENS PARTICIPATION
5. CONSENT AGENDA
a. Authorization to sign bills and documents, etc.
b. Approval of the board’s regular session minutes of 1/12/10 & 2/9/10.
6. LICENSES & PERMITS
None.
7. TOWN ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT
8. TOWN BUSINESS
a. Election Warrant.
b. Discussion re. street acceptance – Bethal Way.
c. School Committee budget review.
d. Any town business.
9. SEWER BUSINESS
a. Sewer Abatement Request—Account 792339 3 Carleton St., Unit 3. The 1st
half FY2010 omitted Sewer User Fees in the total amount of $194.64 for 1 EDU.
b. Sewer Abatement Request—Account 792340, 4 Carleton St., Unit 4. The 1st
half FY2010 omitted Sewer User Fees in the total amount of $194.64 for 1 EDU.
c. Any other sewer business.
10. LIAISON REPORTS
11. ADJOURNMENT
12. SIGNING OF DOCUMENTS APPROVED BY THE BOARD

#2 2010-03-03 01:11:55

LIZdaGNOME wrote:

c. School Committee budget review.

The selectmen invited school officials to attend Tuesday's meeting, but School Committee Chairman Robert Brousseau said that invitation was not received until after 5 p.m. Friday. By that time, the office was closed and there wasn't time to post a meeting of the School Committee, he said. You need to post it 48 hours in advance to comply with the Open Meeting Law.

At least someone tries to abide by the Open Meeting Law.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbc … 5/-1/rss37

BoS Mtg. 3/2/10

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:QGrzS7U70nPVaM:http://www.fromthevaultradio.org/home/wp-content/images/FTV029_Peace/peace%2001%20american%20flag%20handsign.jpg
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-03-03 13:41:04)

#3 2010-03-03 08:04:48

Ham of Peace here,

In the spirit of Jimmy Carter, I shall now try to bring forth a peace accord between the selectmen and the school committee.

It would seem the problem is this.  While Brenda may feel the need to complain about the school department, our town charter calls for a seperation between the town government and the school government.  Henceforth, therefore, ergo, Brenda should have gone to a school committee meeting to bring her concerns to that committee, rather than demand the school committee come to her.

Yes, the selectmen  may scoff at such a point, but would they ever stand for the school committee having problems with things that the selectmen do and demanding that they come to listen to the school committee?

Yes, Jimmy Carter would be proud, for I have now settled the problem in a peaceful manner in the spirit of peace.

In conclusion, come on people, now.  Smile on your brother.  Everybody get together, try to love one another, right now.

#4 2010-03-03 08:10:44

Wow Brucey is keeping the meetings short and sweet and he is being extra nice. I guess he is trying to say as little as possible so he won’t go on a rant and say something stupid or insult anyone or any group in town. I don’t think they have had an executive meeting since he got back from Mexico.

It was interesting at the end of the meeting Brenda said she thought Brucey wanted to go into executive session and he said no. Once the meeting was over but the mikes were still on you can hear Brucey say he really didn’t remember why he had wanted to go into executive. I wonder when Brenda and Bruce talked about going into executive session.

Ham of Peace I think Brenda needs to take some meditation classes she seemed a little hostile in her presentation about the School Dept. It did give her a chance to show off her new power point skills

#5 2010-03-03 08:14:37

Yes, there was some un-peaceful hostility, but Marny, I think I have finally found the answer.

They all need hugs.

#6 2010-03-03 09:03:36

Maybe someone could go to the next selectman's meeting and hand out flowers and tee shirts with peace signs.

#7 2010-03-03 09:37:38

marny how bout just hugs..?

#8 2010-03-03 09:52:54

Gnome of Peace hugs would be an alternative. Personally I haven’t reached Ham’s level of peace and spirituality so I would have difficulty getting that close to the selectman. I would be afraid of vomiting in my mouth. Ham I am working on this but I fear it will take me awhile. Maybe I will learn more peaceful ways after the election. The selectman may take the hugs as a sign of hostility and have the person arrested for assault and battery.

If anyone does want to hand out flowers the flower of choice during the 60’s were white daisies. A rose was thought to be too hostile because of the thorns.

#9 2010-03-03 19:14:02

a. Election Warrant.

This clip includes the "wording" of both (CRC, Westfield) non-binding referendum questions, etc..

BoS Mtg. 3/2/10

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-03-03 20:10:32)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com