#1 2010-02-27 22:18:31

I've given it some thought and I think as we head into this election, it may be time to be quiet.   The more we talk the more Slager will feed off of it.  This will only hurt the candidates that oppose the current regime.  Although I have no political ties, I don't want to give Slager the opportunity to say, "well the hate-bloggers support so-and-so"

I think that this board has reached who it's going to reach.  Things are starting to turn into a political ping-pong match with no winner.  I know these boards have enlightened people and opened eyes.  More people than ever know of the corruption and ineptitude of the current board.  We are not going to add more to the argument by bickering with Slager or the BOS.  All their dirty deeds are known and documented.

Now is the time to reach people in person.  Through personal contact, through friends, and through neighbors.  By taking this route, Slager will have nothing to base his "news" on and it will become clear what his followers and those he supports are all about.

I was one of the first posters here.  I came here to vent about the garbage in the Rag.  And despite Slager's attempt to call this a hate site or CBW, TBW headquarters, I have always come here to vent and expose that scumbag's dirty little lies. 

The best way to make a psycho ex-boyfriend/girlfriend or wife to go away is to ignore them and not to acknowlege their existence.  Even if they talk shit to your friends.  Your friends know who you are, and the Town of Wareham knows we have always been on the level.

I encourage the rest of you to stop giving your "psycho ex" the attention they crave.  They'll go away.  They will.  They always do.  Think about where Slager was three years ago and where he is today.  This place is keeping him alive (barely).

I'm not suggesting the site be shut down.  There is lots of information here to help people with the upcoming election.  What I am suggesting is silence.  And I suggest the same for the courier boards and wareham week.  It's only going to be seen as bickering.  We can always reach each other different ways.

Actions speak louder than words and Slager can take no action in this election.  Only we can... and our friends...etc.  Now is the time for action!

To the candidates, a couple of suggestions....

NO ONE is going to care what you said here, or what Slager says, they want to know WHAT YOU CAN OFFER TO OUR TOWN.  Where you stand on the issues.  What are your solutions to our problems.  Don't sweat the knit-pick crap Slager will lean on.  Stick with what we get with you in charge.

And for God sake, DON'T BE SO POLITICALLY CORRECT.  Someone has to call these people out for their bullshit.  I doubt at this point people want to hear, "can't we all be friends?"  Don't make the current boards misdeeds the sticking point of your campaign, but for God's sake, don't give them a free pass for what they've done.

Thank you all for your contributions to these boards.  Good luck to the candidates, bad luck to the incumbents. It's your choice whether you continue to post or not.

Commonsense is signing off for now.... see you April 7th!

God save the Town of Wareham - - - VOTE APRIL 6TH

#2 2010-02-27 22:39:56

Well said Commonsense. See you April 7th.

#3 2010-02-28 00:10:48

commonsense wrote:

Now is the time to reach people in person. Through personal contact, through friends, and through neighbors.

Lot's of good thing's to think about..alot of "commonsense"..everyone will do what they "feel" is best, I'm sure (but, please check back, and continue to voice your opinions and concerns, and watch the vids : ) Don't stop paying attention..you'll miss some "stuff" if you do, I guarantee it. Recent history has shown that not a week goes by that some "shenanigans" occur with our elected official's and/or the administration (How was the booksale?? Oh, right...)..they warrant watching.

VOTE4CHANGE
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

#4 2010-02-28 08:05:34

Commonsense...you will be missed...you are essential to this site. Your return to oblivion can only hurt us, not help. I agree fully that we should all avoid the troll and discussing him, but your knowledge and "common sense" is a valuable and a guiding aid here.
Please reconsider signing off for all subjects. We look to your wisdom for many issues.
I support you in whatever you choose to do, but as one poster...I can't tolerate the thought of not having you here.
No matter what you decide, we will always be "friends".

#5 2010-02-28 09:56:32

All due respect to everyone, because I do have alot of respect for everyone here, but I feel like we have been running a 10,000 mile uphill marathon for the past three years, and now just as we're an inch away from reaching the finish line, everyone just decided to sit down and take a nap.

Allowing his lies to go unchallenged will never be the answer.  This is exactly what he wanted.

#6 2010-02-28 10:25:00

I agree with Ham.  While I can appreciate the sentiment, this forum must continue to reach the masses with corrections to the misinformation and false spins put on the many issues by the tabloid boy.  He is sadly of the old school that if it isn't BIG BOLD NEGATIVE, it isn't news.  Wareham has had enough of that and is hungry for some "real" news and is ready for community pride.  As long as he continues to spew his BS, Wareham will continue to diminish it's reputation as a viable community thus becoming less and less attractive to business growth and devlopment.

Now in all this, I suggest that we all pool our resources (money and time) and
reach out to all the candidates to ensure that the incumbents do not get elected.

I've recently been labeled a "political activist".  If standing up and speaking out against wrong doing is what warrants this label, then I'll accept it proudly.  Our elected representatives need to be held accountable as do any appointed officials and members to the various multi membered boards, committees and commissions.  They all swore to an oath of office to do so and must.  No more gray areas or subject to interpretation by folks who have proven repeatedly that they don't read the guidelines and/or don't understand what they've read.

STAND PROUD !  TAKE BACK WAREHAM !  C'MON APRIL 6th.

Now in all this it's imperitive to ignore the tabloid and and by all means DO NOT post any of his BS here on this site.  Ignore him.  You give him credibility by reacting to him.  He's not credible.

Last edited by bbrady (2010-02-28 10:41:31)

#7 2010-02-28 10:36:29

GWB

Meaning no disrepect Hammotron but mabey just mabey if some on here could control thier hatred and anger for a little while and just stick to attacking the issues and missteps done by the BOS and others,instead of them personally. Attack the misinformation and propaganda put out there by Slager,instead of resorting to name calling then mabey this site could gain a better reputation as a place to get the other side of the story. If you dont want to use mr. Or mrs. that is fine but mabey the next time you post somthing use first names like Bob Or Robert instead of Bobo or Assclown. I know it makes you feel better to use your pet names for him but it does nothing for adding any credibility to the information that is provided on this. I respect every one that posts here. I know you all care about Wareham but the name calling has got to stop. Trust me  am not taking a nap.I am making every effort to get people to get out and vote these people out of office.  You and others can either continue with the hateful name calling and tirades or you can attack what these people do instead of  them personally. The latter will allow more people to repect what you have to say. I will still come here to read information. In my opinion it is a good source. but until some can tone down the hate a little. My posting will be limited. The April 6th Election is just to important to me to see it screwed up by hate.

#8 2010-02-28 10:47:31

Bob...there is no greater compliment anyone can pay you than to call you a "political activist.".
Political activists, which I am proud to call myself, are the backbone of this Nation.
It means someone cares enough to speak up and speak out and carry a message that others want and need to hear.
Welcome to the club.

We don't need to address the troll or his statements directly, or even acknowledge where the statements came from...we will all know that.
Keep his NAME and the name of his alleged publication off of this site.
That's all that is needed.

Don't forget...if it wasn't for this site, even since I have been posting last July, there would be a development inconsistent with the wishes of the people of Wareham breaking ground in Westfield or at least close to it. There would be a Police Chief, non Civil Service, political lackey, maybe not even a cop, already appointed and feeding at the public trough.

There would be an incompetent Library Director in place permanently.

There would be a certainty that the government of Wareham would change to a Mayor-City Council, representative Town Meeting.

Millions of dollars would continue to be spent on attorneys fees for frivolous and even vicious law suits.

Employees of the Town would be petrified and worry whether they would have a job the next day.

I am sure many can add to the list.

Fact: This site is what has prevented what I have already stated.

Fact: This site had produced candidates for office that are completely different from the incumbents now occupying their offices. The candidates from this site are all qualified, competent and have a vision for the future.

Finally: Don't forget to remember who brought you to the dance.

Bill W and this site.

#9 2010-02-28 10:47:42

I get it somewhat.  There are folks out there who don't appreciate naughty language and we could cut down on that.  I know I could...although in my defense, a person who doesn't appreciate naughty language is just a person who hasn't experienced the Ragman yet.

Let Bobo hit someone you care about, and you'll be surprised how quickly you develop a sailor mouth.

But aside from that, we have told the truth to counter the lies of a very evil man.  And that's something I will never apologize for.  Ever.

My only point is this...a lie unchallenged is like a poison that infests the community.  Truth is the only antidote to push the lie out of our system.  If people want to try giving this site a rest for awhile and see how it goes, then go for it. 

But I hope that doesn't mean that people will just lie down and take the lies.  I hope that means that people will get out there in other ways - letters to the editor, or standing up in public forums, or in some other way - get the truth out there. 

Do whatever you all think is right - in whatever way you think is the best way to do it - I just hope that people will keep fighting lies with the truth.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-02-28 11:00:30)

#10 2010-02-28 11:04:03

What the heck! Count me in! If we have the facts and the information, let's post it! People do read this site! I attended a function this weekend and a sweet senior citizen grabbed my arm and told me she was sad I wasn't going to be posting. She enjoyed our comments! We talked for a few minutes before her husband joined us and he said the same thing! We are reaching the good citizens of Wareham.

Bill Whitehouse has given us a powerful tool and we should use it. I agree with Bob, we should ignore a certain person. He is not credible. My son made a good point. You can take an old hunk of junk car and give it a nice paint job, but it will still be a hunk of junk underneath the shiny paint.

That said, we need to also get out and support candidates that will bring about change. Hold signs, stuff envelopes, and spread the word. Call up the friends and relatives!

Had enough Wareham?

Last edited by Larry McDonald (2010-02-28 11:11:48)

#11 2010-02-28 11:16:20

GWB

Now see with exception of the Bobo thing that was a great piece. Many that I respect have been smeared by Slager. My own mother was insulted by Mrs. Eckstrom by being passed over for a board appointment that she had been asked as personal favor to apply for by a senior member on that board. I Know where you are coming from. I would never ask you to apologize for the good work you do. I am just saying that the name calling gives Slager and others a tool to use against everyone that posts here. Take that away and he has nothing. He has nothing because at that point we are just picking apart his lies. And those that would come to read what is posted here would come away with information and wide open eyes instead of the feeling that Slager may be right about this site. I know those that post here know the truth. That is why I come here and post here.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com