#1 2010-02-22 00:40:21

Mary Ann Silva and both Donahues should know we're watching close this time. They pull the same stunts again, they're looking at prison.

#2 2010-02-22 07:09:12

Fully expect them to hit the nursing homes running!!..

#3 2010-02-22 07:21:39

Many are worried about this because the town clerk that is up for re-election is going to be in charge of counting the ballots that determine whether or not she'll still have a job.  That's normally the kind of conflict of interest that Bobo would be foaming at the mouth over, but when it's someone on his side, then he's a good lackey.

Is there some way to bring in outside election monitors to oversee the polls and make sure there is no hanky panky?

#4 2010-02-22 07:25:27

Keep in mind, people, this is the election to end all elections.  Sweet Brucey, the King of the Hypocrite Elite's throne is at stake.  Without their king, the rest of the Hypocrite Elite will be left twisting in the wind not having any idea what to do and their political reign of terror will come to a screeching halt.

They know they're nothing without their Sweet Brucey, so expect an onslaught of attempts to interfere with the election process and to smear Sweet Brucey's opponents.

#5 2010-02-22 09:28:42

Ham….  I think the Secretary of State is in charge of elections, it is their office that determines if independent monitors are needed. I’m not sure how far in advance of an election you have to contact them, they need time to review the request. I think it would be a good idea if someone called and explained the situation of town clerk running for election and counting absentee ballots.

#6 2010-02-22 09:38:59

Lets not forget that Hubbie runs precint one now..I'll amend that to say he tries to run it, when he's not hanging out in the Clerk's office!!..he's very lucky to have Hazel Taber to rely on..

#7 2010-02-22 13:28:40

Holy Moley.

I'm starting to think that the folks who think that if we just didn't say anything, that Bobo would just dry up might be on to something.  He's already got a 20 page column that says we have falsely accused the town clerk of rigging elections.

Nowhere above does it say that, read for yourselves.  The only point I and other bloggers have tried to make is that it would be good ethics for her to recuse herself since her own employment is at stake in this election.  Not sure what the big deal is about saying that.  That's normally the type of ethics conflict that would make Bobo foam at the mouth, but I guess he has to be a good lackey when it comes to his side.

Not sure what Bobo has against the idea of election monitors.  It's an idea I just threw out there.  No one is actively pursuing it to my knowledge.  I thought Bobo wanted more oversight of government, not less...oh right, but when it's his side, he's a good lackey.

Hey Bobo!  I noticed you worked my comment about your gin soaked papa into your column.  You complain about leaving statements out...why did you leave the part out where I asked why you haven't paid your landlord for the $5,600 rent bill that you have owed him for quite some time now?

When will you pay your rent, Bobo?  When will Sweet Brucey pay his taxes?  Why do people who don't live up to their responsibilities feel they know what's best about the town's responsibilities?

And, while we're on the subject of Bobo's latest diatribe...the main criticism of Cronie for his "sue the town" remark was a) Wouldn't it be better for a represenative of the town to say "let's see how the town can resolve this problem in a way that helps everyone while avoiding a costly lawsuit?"  No, instead he invited a lawsuit and b) he then tried to deny ever saying "sue the town" when the tape clearly showed otherwise.

Bobo, come on...I know you have to be a good lackey, but at least make an effort to hide the strings, will ya?

Oh well, I suppose it will always be good for a laugh when more and more of these rants come rolling in over the next month from Sweet Brucey and Cronie's Halifax-based campaign headquarters.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-02-22 13:46:53)

#8 2010-02-22 14:58:54

Reading Bobo's rag is like watching a dog chase it's own tail. You should just change the name of your Rag to "Lies about the "Hateblogger's""...any of his supporter's need not wonder why "bridge's" aren't made..it's the Assclown with the flute, the "Pied Pinhead". Here's a difference you may or may not think is relevant..none of us are elected officials, nor "Multi-Media Magnates"..think Anti-SLAPP..and why the "little guy" is protected aginst lawsuits brought on by entities like Newspaper's and elected official's for speaking out and voicing their opinion(s). The lies and misrepresentation's presented by Mr. Assclown are far worse (IMO), than some name calling, edited photos and other "satire" we use, which is common in "politics". Testing the boundaries of slander, libel and defamation are common practice for the "Halifax Hack"..just like the BoS he so CLEARLY endorses, if you dare "oppose" them, or their "views"...or agenda, then you are fair game, and your reputation and "good name" are LIKELY to be sullied. It is we who open up ourselves to ridicule and "smearing"..and to quote "Move Wareham Forward's" Ellen Begley..."Bring it on"

VOTE4CHANGE
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

#9 2010-02-22 15:04:25

Just want to mention to P-Span, I did watch the video!

#10 2010-02-22 21:03:31

marny wrote:

Ham….  I think it would be a good idea if someone called and explained the situation of town clerk running for election and counting absentee ballots.

And also it would be a good idea to point out that she is passing out absentee ballots during working hours.

#11 2010-02-23 07:20:04

Maybe someone could ask the TA at the selectman's meeting, in person or by email if she will be recusing herself from counting the absentee ballots.

Bobo we are asking a question about who will be counting the absentee ballots. If you can't see that there would be a conflict of interest if the person running for election is the same person counting the absentee ballots then you really are one of the most stupid people on the planet.

#12 2010-02-23 07:52:46

The sad part of all of this is that we should not be discussing it at all. If the incumbent town clerk really wanted to make sure she is considered "above reproach" in this election she would be asking for the secretary of state to monitor the election. If the incumbent town clerk did not want to have the "appearance of a conflict" lingering over this election, she would be asking for the secretary of state to monitor the election. If the incumbent town clerk just realized that even if she wins (God forbid), she will be under a cloud of suspicion for having her husband and sister in law employed in the election process, she would not have either of them anywhere near the polls (except of course to cast their votes). If the incumbent town clerk was at all concerned about taking this issue off the table, she would be asking for the secretary of state to monitor the election.

At the moment it looks to me like she will go out of her way to insure there is a cloud of suspicion over this election forever. Another thing Wareham does not need. But it certainly shows the concern that she and the Donahue's have over the outcome of this election.  J D expects her bud the incumbent town clerk to make sure ol Curly and the rest of the incumbent clan get reelected.

It is all about the master plan!

Focus, Vote April 6, 2010.
Throw all the bums out!

#13 2010-02-23 10:21:30

Amazingly, every time Mr Moderator lost an election he always used the "Republicans counted the votes" excuse..the best thing to happen to this Town would be to get rid of the worst BOS, Moderator, and Town Clerk  we've ever had to endure!!

#14 2010-04-01 23:28:38

Anyone know whether Wareham's absentee ballots are counted before or after the polls close?

Also, inasmuchas we can probably expect no outside help with this, are there local residents prepared to help watch Mary Ann Silva and all the family she's enlisted to man the polls?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com