#1 2010-02-08 22:38:32

http://www.eagletribune.com/punews/loca … 11139.html

North Andover Police Chief Stanley, who was at the scene of Howe's confrontation in front of The Eagle-Tribune buiding, could not be reached for comment. He did not return a message left on his cell phone.

"Defendant Stanley knew or should have known that the use of excessive force to apprehend unarmed suspects, the failure to intervene and/or ameliorate

the physical attack upon Kenneth when an opportunity to do so existed, and the failure to provide timely and adequate medical services would result in the

contravention of Kenneth's constitutional rights," the lawsuit claimed.

Stanley, who was named along with a dozen other North Andover police officers, was indifferent to " subordinates' unconstitutional conduct was the affirmative link to Kenneth's death," Howe's family alleged.

Last edited by wareham pride (2010-02-08 22:42:45)

#2 2010-02-08 23:17:21

Remember Tip O'Neiil's advice to new members of Congress : "Rise in anger....Sit down in shame". Don't rush to judgement on this one....  People are  trying to make a bad guy out of a police chief in North Andover who wants to come to Wareham but who may have no motive other than to be closer to better striped bass fishing.

#3 2010-02-08 23:22:23

Don't judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes.  I remember those that condemned a Wareham Officer two years ago when they only knew ONE SIDE of the story.  Brucie took that ball and ran with it, but he was wrong.

#4 2010-02-08 23:50:01

Can anyone give me one good reason why they haven't called for a civil service exam? Would we know if they did? Granted..innocent until proven guilty (something "we" don't get alot of around here)..If we were to be like "them" then we'd be all over this. It doesn't look "good"..no matter how you slice it. Nothing has changed my opinion that Wareham needs (and deserves) a FT Police Chief. The current (and former) Administration is responsible for creating a situation where we've had turmoil and some level of instability at the Chief position. I am NOT judging the Chief (time and the opinions of many people will decide that)..I'm saying it is ANOTHER example that over time, and their "mismanagement" MANY problems have arisen..and compound that with a total lack of accountability..and "they" wonder why "we" don't see a way to "work it out" with them..oh my head.

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

#5 2010-02-09 08:41:57

I'm sure that the new board of Selectmen will be calling for a test very soon!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com