#1 2010-02-01 22:09:49

Rip Dinkle here.....(que the music Ham)

Back from an extended vacation in the great state of Florida. Wow! It appears I have missed a great deal! Before I go any further, I just want to say....Breaking News!

After a few discussions with some local residents and parents, I thought I would bring this to the attention of everyone, including Robert Slager. He may or not be aware of this, but there is a strict guideline for establishing a Facebook profile versus a Facebook page. If you read the terms of use and statement of rights, you will find the following:

You may only use a Page to promote a business or other commercial, political, or charitable organization or endeavor (including non-profit organizations, political campaigns, bands, and celebrities).

Pages can only post content and information under the "everyone" setting

Essentially Facebook profiles, which the Wareham Observer is currently listed as, is only under your personal name

In all fairness, Robert Slager may not have known this, but he can still correct it. I can assure him that in less than 5 minutes after this post has appeared, there will be facebook members reporting this infraction.

It would be better for the Wareham Observer to have fans than friends. It was also be in his best interest to take this helpful post to heart.

Rip Dinkle.....Good Day!

#2 2010-02-01 22:25:23

Hey Rip,

Funny, the link to Slager's facebook page is suspiciously absent from his website.

#3 2010-02-01 22:27:25

Rip!
We missed you.
You can still kick Paul Shooter's ass!

#4 2010-02-02 01:30:04

he has renamed the wareham observer site...Slager Robert(Wareham Observer)

and his old personal site is now named.......Liza Slager

#5 2010-02-02 07:28:57

IM SURE ITS JUST A COINCIDENCE THAT SLAGER'S SITE IS NO LONGER PLASTERED THAT THE PAPER NOW HAS A FACEBOOK PAGE. WAS HE FOLLOWING J DONAHUE'S RULE OF ITS ONLY ILLEGAL IF YOU GET CAUGHT? IS THE TOWN GOING TO LAUNCH AN INVESTIGATION INTO BOBO'S FACEBOOK PAGE?

#6 2010-02-02 08:09:59

Rip Dinkle Here....(que the music Ham)

This reporter tried to do a good thing last night and found out that no matter how hard you try to be up front, I am dealing with a immature cry baby. Now, since he wants this to be a battle, you would think he would choose one he could win.

This is a serious issue when parents and educators get involved, so please listen up. As a friend, this person has access to their pictures and any files they have on their profile. As a parent, I have a few little Dinkles, I would not want a middle aged man who poses as a reporter with access to my under age daughter's photos. Now, if you consider the friends on the Wareham Observer page, you should be able to figure out where I am going.

If he would just sit up a Facebook Page, which is what an intelligent business person would do, this would simply go away. The Wareham Courier and the Wareham Free Library have both followed the rules, why would he think he is exempt?

Again, I am asking him to stop with the nonsense and do the right thing. This isn't partisan poltics and this is not a personal attack. I am hoping he understands this and does the right thing.

Rip Dinkle......Good Day!

#7 2010-02-02 08:11:45

Rip II......(que the music P-Span)

Other groups such as Loathing Wareham Observer and Move Wareham Forward are also in violation of the Facebook terms of use. I would suggest that these groups make the appropriate changes to adhere to the terms.

Thank you

#8 2010-02-02 08:34:40

I don't want to be distracted by all this, but I want to point out that this is exactly the problem in Wareham. Look at the legit groups like the Friends and the Wareham Courier. They followed the rules and performed the due diligence to make sure they were following the rules. Good leadership and excellent management. On the other hand, you have this moron who doesn't read the rules, makes a mistake and instead of correcting the mistake, he just tries to circumvent the rules. It is going to lead to a much bigger mess and then he will blame someone other than himself.

Does that sound familiar????????? Of course it does! If you wonder why he supports our current elected officials, he is just like them!

Use some accountability Little Man! Accept that you didn't read the terms of use and correct the problem by doing the right thing! Accept responsiblity for your actions! You aren't a victim, you are the problem! Same thing with our elected officials! Accept the responsibility for your actions!

Hopefully, the entire town and everyone that understands accountability and responsibility will send you the message you need to grow up and go away!

#9 2010-02-02 08:37:06

By: robertslager on 2/1/10
Mike, these people are pathetic. The Facebook page is not a business page for the Observer. It's a community bulletin board for all Wareham resident. I haven't even put our phone number on it. So, they want to tick off 500-plus potential voters by playing games like this? Good luck. Their hatred will cost them dearly in April.

BOBO'S RESPONSE. POOR PATHETIC BASTARD. WHY DID YOU TAKE IT DOWN FROM YOUR SITE THEN BOBO? WHY DID YOU CHANGE IT BOBO? READY FOR ANOTHER SUIT?

#10 2010-02-02 08:44:04

The 500 plus friends are mostly high school kids that don't vote. It's almost as though they think they have found an outlet for them and their "buds".
The question is: would you have the troll baby sit your kids?

#11 2010-02-02 08:54:06

That seems to be the same concern that educators and parents are asking. To make it even more perplexing, why would he send friend requests to many of these groups?

This isn't politics, so he can stop the whining now. This is a serious issue. He also needs to read the terms of use agreement again to understand the difference between a community group and a Facebook profile. Seriously, this man has no comprehension skills.

#12 2010-02-02 08:58:54

I just got word that the Loathing Wareham Observer group is disbanding their page because it is in violation of the terms of use agreement. I applaud this group for doing the right thing! I wonder why others cannot accept the responsiblity for their actions and show a little maturity and do the proper thing?

#13 2010-02-02 09:13:21

Bobo is spinning away today to try and cover his actions, 500 Voters?!? Most of them dont even live in Wareham go figure.  It looks as though Mr. Jones from the Charter "Rewrite" Committee is getting in on the action:

"Robert, I see "they" are trying to do something about the Gately support. Keep track of it because it will be a good example of how they operate. They intend to turn this fellow against you and send a message to anyone else who might support your efforts. By the way, I am an Army veteran. That is the US Army regular. ......I volunteered during the Vietnam war. It is insulting to us Army vets and all the other non-Marine vets for the Marine vets to place themselves on a pedestal. If one branch of the military is better than another then they need to explain that concept to me. To my face."

It is later followed up with this comment:

"Thanks, but I don't require salutes. It is nice to get them though. It seems like some people need the salutes to validate their lives. I pity those people."     

Get to them? "They?"  Mr. Jones, from the CHARTER "REWRITE" COMMITTEE your defending a non resident causing a disruption in "our" community?  Do you pity Bobo when he is begging for the selectmens "salutes"?  Dont you want our troops to see how our elected officials are acting?  Do you support the main representative of the townspeople not paying his taxes?  Correct me if I'm wrong but soldiers going into the Armed Services are required to have a financial background done on them and cannot carry any substancial debt. If this soldier has to carry all of these responsibilities why should he allow any slack for our troubled elected officials?

Last edited by wareham pride (2010-02-02 09:25:52)

#14 2010-02-02 09:37:39

I don't think it's getting through to little man. This isn't about politics, this is about following the rules and keeping a segment of our population safe. We didn't sit in a dark room and dream this up. There are parents and educators in this community (and others) who are very disturbed by this. I was trying to help him out by directing him to the proper way to use Facebook. Instead, he plays the victim here. It's sad that he thinks he is doing something good for the community and people are trying to destroy it. What the "people" are doing are asking him to follow the rules and do it correctly so that there is no questions or problems. Instead, we get the same song and dance the Selectmen give us when they violate an open meeting law, "It's not our fault, it's the pesky people that don't like us". How sad is that????

Stop with the references to hate groups and consider what the first post said. Grow up and use your brain! Act responsibly and remember you are an adult!

#15 2010-02-02 11:04:42

WHO SAID IT WAS OVER A FB PAGE ASSCLOWN? YOUR STUPIDITY IRRATES ME ...

#16 2010-02-02 11:19:13

It is my understanding that Slager, using his Observer facebook page, friend requested many of the fans of the WFL facebook page. After seeing that some of his facebook friends were people I knew, and people that were fans of the WFL (several of them teenagers!) I asked, and they told me that they were asked by the Observer page to become a friend. Kind of creepy. People became fans of the library when other friends asked them to join. As far as I am aware, the person that runs the WFL fan site on facebook never directly asked anyone to become a fan (sent them a page suggestion or whatever). Sad that Slager must do so...again kind of creepy and pathetic.

#17 2010-02-02 11:25:06

For the benefit of Mr. Jones...Marines are a different breed. There is no such thing as an ex-Marine or a former Marine.
Once a Marine, always a Marine.
That is why the Marine Corps is the only service that has an organization like the "Marine Corps League".
All Marines that have been honorably discharged, and all FMF Navy Corpsmen are allowed to join.

We thank our brothers and sisters like you who served us in the U. S. Army, the Navy, the Air Force, the Coast Guard, the National Guard, etc.
However, Marines are clannish. When a Marine writes another Marine, and other Marines write that Marine, and tell him what we think about a particular issue and why, the chances are that he will listen to a brother Marine as opposed to a soldier, sailor or pseudo-journalist.

Thanks for your service Mr. Jones.

I'll tell you the thing I heard for the first time about three years ago that made my day and the rest of my life: "Welcome home, brother."

#18 2010-02-02 11:33:21

Larry...I agree with you that the people on Loathe Wareham Observer were wise enough to pull the site.
Once warned is enough for anyone with any sense.
Thank goodness the people behind that site had some sense and foresight.
I am sure they can come up with another Face book page that conforms with the rules and regulations, and I will be glad to join then as I did this time.
I know there are many hundreds of people that would be happy to visit a real Face book site that discusses issues and not speculation and allows interaction in an intellectual way.

#19 2010-02-02 12:20:19

Dan,
I spoke with the administrators of the Loathing Wareham Observer and they wanted to do the right thing. I want to point out that they had 76 members and did not solicit membership. I have no idea what their future plans are, but I am sure the point has been made.

Now, back to Focus. Just like their mouthpiece, the elected officials of this town are never to blame and will not take responsibility for their actions (open meeting violations). Let's focus on putting responsible mature citizens in charge of the town and it's assets. Remember to Vote on April 6! If you haven't registered yet, send a private message and we will assist you in the process!

#20 2010-02-02 12:38:44

SPELL CHECK!!!!

"But the hater bloggers in Wareham simply couldn’t have it."

I am sure he will note the story was updated and give me kudos for proof "RADING"!!!!

#21 2010-02-02 13:19:32

What really is amusing is his lies. Just an example of the lies is how he claims the facebook profile had nothing to do with his paper and yet there was an advertisement on his site claiming "The Wareham Observer has a Facebook page". Hmmm???

My favorite is now he claims he changed the name and it is no longer a business. If you go to facebook and search Wareham Observer, his page comes up. Why? Because he put that as his secondary name.

Geppetto is very upset and your nose is growing...

#22 2010-02-02 13:30:35

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#23 2010-02-02 13:41:30

I just went on his page. I typed Wareham Observer in the search box and up popped his page. Once again you are right, Larry. I went through three pages of his 567 friends. If you take out everyone between the ages of 1 and 17 years old, he would only have 67 friends. Oh and great pic Betty Roderick!!

#24 2010-02-02 13:49:51

RU,
This is exactly the type of tactic we've seen from his "masters". They play the poor pitiful me card while they are circumventing the rules. I think it's time we send both the masters and the mouthpiece a message that we don't believe them and they need to find a new line of work. We are tired of the BS.

Do you think 200 citizens showing up at a Selectmen's meeting to TELL them to apologize for their open meeting violations would work? :)

#25 2010-02-02 14:21:23

if it is his personal site why when you go to notes does it say
"Please place a promotion of your business on these notes. Observer Media does not officially endorse any such businesses and shall be deemed harmless from any liability resulting from any subsequent transactions betweeen businesses and clients. That said, fire away!"
if it his business site you should be a fan not a friend . As fans he cant see all you information . I think this is a violation of the FB policy as well.

#26 2010-02-02 14:21:38

Just a correction.  Our mantra isn't "Robert Slager is Satan."  It's, "Even Satan Thinks Robert Slager is a Douchebag."

#27 2010-02-02 14:48:39

At this point, I only have one more thing to say....

Liar Liar! Little Bobby's Pants on Fire! :)

#28 2010-02-02 14:55:53

He has a man that is trying to guide him in the right direction on his FB site and Bobo is still fumbling.   Bobo is claiming that he doesnt want to promote his paper just the town, THEN WHY DID YOU NAME IT AFTER YOUR PAPER and I have never heard of a town called ROBERT SLAGER! Thank God!

To top it off he is claiming to the same gentleman that hes not trying to promote his paper but yet he is posting links to stories in the Rag.  Bobo your a mess.....  Time to start calling the school district and let them know that this creep is surfing kids facebook pages.

#29 2010-02-02 15:17:14

Isn't that a song? Wasting away again in Robert Slagerville...searching for my lost credibility...some people say that I'm a lying douche bag ..but I say...it's their own damn fault....

#30 2010-02-02 15:45:33

Liza Slager The Wareham Observer has a new Facebook page. Please become a friend. Thanks!January 25 at 1:15pm · Comment ·LikeUnlike......

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!!!!

#31 2010-02-02 15:54:12

This is copied and pasted from my 16 year old little cousin's page,, who I am sure will be deleting him....as soon as she GETS HOME FROM SCHOOL!!!:

I just sent you a smile!
''Dear friends, because a group of political partisans in Wareham complained to Facebook about the use of the name Wareham Observer on this type of page, I have changed the name of the page to "Robert Slager." I apologize for the inconvience. Unfortunately there some pe...ople in the community who continue to try to undermine the positive things the Observer is trying to accomplish. I simply wanted to create a page that everyone in the community could use for the benefit of everybody. Thank you again for your continued support. And don't forget to vote on April 6. If you'd like to know why, please visit www.thewarehamobserver.com. Thanks.''

#32 2010-02-02 15:59:38

LOL! Taken from Slager's facebook page:

Mr. McManus, this page wasn't set up as a business page because it was never intended to be a business page. I'm not trying to sell advertising or subscriptions for the Observer here. I simply wanted to create a page were people in Wareham could come to connect with each other. I'm not trying to promote the Observer newspaper. I am trying to allow people to promote themselves and their community.
3 hours ago

Then immediately following that comment:

Please see http://www.thewarehamobserver.com/index.php for my column about this situation.
2 hours ago

Ummm....is that a promotion?

#33 2010-02-02 16:45:27

Bobo tell it to the judge

#34 2010-02-02 16:48:31

Wareham HAS a community bill board and its called WAREHAM WEEK.  Looks like someone is a day late and a dollar short...make that 5600 dollars!!

Don't even get me started on his unwarranted attack on the WFL Facebook Fan page. His Facebook behavior is egregious and allows deviants who go trolling on FB access to pages of young boys and girls. Disgusting.

Hypocrisy reigns supreme in Salgerville.

#35 2010-02-02 17:01:13

I urge one and all to google "The Pied Piper of Hamelin" and then click on the Wikepedia entry.  There  are scary parallels between that story and the  beginning of a copy-cat escapade we should call, "The Pied Piper of Halifax". The modern  "Pied Piper" is no less  dangerous than his ancient predecessor.

Beware of oily and smarmy middle aged men who hang out with unsupervised kids and who pass out sweet words.   This guy is headed toward becoming a major news story. Get him outa here !!

Last edited by Dick Wheeler (2010-02-02 17:03:41)

#36 2010-02-02 17:08:12

Dick Wheeler wrote:

I urge one and all to google "The Pied Piper of Hamelin" and then click on the Wikepedia entry.  There  are scary parallels between that story and the  beginning of a copy-cat escapade we should call, "The Pied Piper of Halifax". The modern  "Pied Piper" is no less  dangerous than his ancient predecessor.

Beware of oily and smarmy middle aged men who hang out with unsupervised kids and who pass out sweet words.   This guy is headed toward becoming a major news story. Get him outa here !!

Wiki: The Pied Piper of Hamelin

Disney's (1933) The Pied Piper

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#37 2010-02-02 17:19:13

GWB

So lets get this straight. The friends of the library start fan drive in which two donors donate money for every fan that they bring in and according to Mr. Slager it is an evil scam. He starts a private page under the Wareham Observer name and then sends out friend request by trolling facebook and this is somehow sincere and of pure intent? Give me a break.

The statement about simply giving persons young and old a place to interact with one another is so stupid it makes me ill. The whole purpose being facebook is so people can interact with one another. And as far as the teens on his site now. Unless they  start posting there he has accomplished nothing. Alot of teens collect friends like a little boy would collect baseball cards. They compete with one another to see how many friends they can collect. That means they will accept any friend request tht comes their way. Once accepted they may never go to the page again. The big problem with that is many of these kids don't realize that kind of friending can come with its own set of consequences.

In this case it means Mr. Slager can give himself an ego boost by boasting this inflated friend count at his news site and in his paper. That being said how can he even try to claim he is not using the Facebook page as a buisness tool. I think his latest tirade posted on his Wareham Observer Site proves that argument. A blatent cross promotion effort.

If you want to get a true guage of how many people actually consider MR. Slager a real friend you need to look no further than his newly titled Liza Slager FB Page. That is his personal site. A quick view of that tells you it is right around 50.

#38 2010-02-02 17:40:09

Here is another piece of the puzzle I find completely insane:

Posted by John Donahue on Slager's Facebook profile (not page)

Robert, have you made an appeal to Facebook regarding the alleged 'complaint'? What's the difference between your page and the Wareham Gateman Baseball page (which, by the way, I have absolutely no objection to). What's the difference between a personal page and a fan page? I'm guessing that more than 500 people would support your effort to convince Facebook that we would prefer to have this page named 'Wareham Observer' as opposed to 'Robert Slager' - nothing personal! - as a forum for networking with other fans of the Wareham Observer

It's clear that the Town Moderator isn't familiar with the rules of Facebook and isn't in tune to the concerns of parents and educators. He is also states that by the number of fans, Slager could in fact convince Facebook to "bend" their rules. Keep in mind that the Town Moderator should not only be familiar with rules and laws, but he is the person who should be enforcing them! WHy not suggest Robert Slager follow the rules and quit blaming others for this issue? Another reason we need new leadership. Good job of showing how you feel about rules and regulations.

#39 2010-02-02 18:06:58

Mr. Moderator,

Bobo could make a public fan page.  The problem is though, the content would have to remain visible to the general public, not only to people who join the page.  That would prevent Bobo and the rest of you clowns from being able to defame the people you hate without being caught.

Bobo chose instead to create a personal page using his paper's name, in the hopes of keeping his lies secret and avoiding a lawsuit.  He's on the hook for $5600 in back rent that he's avoiding like the plague so he doesn't need that.

Bobo could always create a public fan page any time he wants, but we all know he won't.  Then he and the tin hats would actually have to take responsibility for the bullshit.

Something to ponder whilst looking for a job, Mr. Moderator.

#40 2010-02-02 20:32:41

My hunch is that all of this is about Bobo's standard reaction to  animals that cross the road as he commutes between here and Halifax  : Speed up and squash them.

If you re-read his hysterical reaction to" April 6 Vote", you see a person in extreme anxiety: " They are going into the schools ! They will turn the kids and their parents against me ! 'Horror, horror...tongue nor heart cannot describe thee !' "

So he quickly invented his plot to get inside the heads of our kids with  his Facebook and the old pervert  line," I know your Mom and Dad, trust me." ....

My educator credentials are stronger than my kayaker credentials: Please believe me when I say that we must  drive this despicable person out of  our town!

He is a threat to everything we love about our town. Wareham is essentially ungovernable until Slager is "outta here".  Ignoring him is akin to the reaction of ostriches to danger:" Stick your head in the sand".   If I had a kid or a grandchild in Wareham's schools I'd be  even more ripsht than I am now.

Wake up Wareham !

#41 2010-02-02 20:33:47

Mr Moderator, your guess that 500 people would support Bobo in any stupid appeal has about as much of a chance as the protest you and Bobo tried to get going at the Middle School Meeting last summer. You remember that one, I am sure. It is the one where  you and Bobo tried the race baiting tactic that blew up in your faces. You and Bobo were standing out there in the parking lot just waiting for your protesters to arrive. Low and behold it was only you two pathetic little people standing there by yourselves. You and Bobo are just so out of touch with the good people of Wareham. If there is a God, you and Bobo will be out of office very soon. 
Focus April 6, 2010

#42 2010-02-02 21:25:11

Let us not forget that it was none other than John Donahue that first clued in the ace investigative reporter on the library "free money from the copier scheme". They seem to be on the same page on many things!

I would like to think we (the posters on this board) approached Bobby Slager to assist him in the proper way to utilize facebook and that was met with accusations and "why me?" cries! What he doesn't realize is it wasn't anyone on this board that raised the alarm.

#43 2010-02-02 22:55:28

Now they are going around trying to convince people I set the page up so I could look at photos of under-aged girls on other people’s pages.

I don't know the validity of this statement, but I have a question for BoBo

Doesn't it suck when people make-up shit about you?!!

Last edited by commonsense (2010-02-02 23:10:08)

#44 2010-02-03 00:30:18

commonsense wrote:

Now they are going around trying to convince people I set the page up so I could look at photos of under-aged girls on other people’s pages.

I don't know the validity of this statement, but I have a question for BoBo

Doesn't it suck when people make-up shit about you?!!

NOW THAT WAS A GOOD ONE!

#45 2010-02-03 00:34:49

HEY IF BOBO DOESNT SUE I GUESS IT MUST BE TRUE

#46 2010-02-04 12:18:14

http://www.boston.com/business/technolo … okprivacy/

Interesting article in on www. boston.com about facebook

#47 2010-02-04 12:54:05

Thanks for the information, Larry. Very informative.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com