#1 2010-01-26 07:40:29

In the past few days, the Friends of the Wareham Free Library have been accused of perpetrating a "scam" because a donor offered to donate to the Friends, $1 for each fan we can get on the library Face Book Page. 

So, what is the truth about the false "scam" allegation?  Read on.

The Friends of the WFL have always been sanctioned by the town to raise money for the Wareham Free Library. As evidence of this fact, go to the Town of Wareham website. Go to Town Departments and then click on Library.

You will see that not only do the Friends have a page, but the book sale has a page, the Friends web site has a page, and if you click on DONATIONS, you will see that donations can be made to the FRIENDS and mailed to 59 Marion Road.

Also go to www.warehamfreelibrary.org. You will see us there too as part of the WFL..

So, when the Face Book page was created almost a year ago, and a donor recently offered to donate to the Friends $1 for each new fan we could get, we jumped on it. Since the town has always sanctioned us, and we have been on their website since the site was created, why would we think any differently?

Last edited by Nora Bicki (2010-01-26 07:41:43)

#2 2010-01-26 07:52:57

Nora, as always thank you for telling the truth about the Friends. The real sad part is that these idiots will likely set Brockton Brenda loose to try to remove the Friends page from the town's web site. That is the mentality of these morons. Instead of trying to figure out a way to duplicate the success of the Friends for maybe the COA, these idiots will try to destroy the Friends. Go figure!!

Focus April 6, 2010

#3 2010-01-26 08:03:41

We are well aware that they might pull us off the town site as some sort of punishment for raising money for the library. That was one of the reasons we held off on posting about it. I have copies of each of the pages.

The fact that the BoS and the acting director are not even aware of what is on the towns' library web site, of course, is telling.

#4 2010-01-26 08:05:15

What's good and bad about this info all at the same time is that many of us already know the truth so to read the "SPEW" from Bobo and Co. is actually tell all about what they don't know but pretend, like their leader, they do.

What will be even more interesting is the continued SPEW after their guru journalist questions MG and the TA. 

I want to know who canceled the book sale and why ?  I can't imagine anything logical.

Copy and Paste...it ought to to eye opening.

#5 2010-01-26 09:17:11

I agree Bob..It'll be interesting to see how Mr. Andrews "handles" this (I have NO FAITH in Griz, she has proven herself to be on the wrong side of too many things to hold out any hope that she'll do the right thing here)..and Brenda?? C'mon, you know she's going to do whatever she can to thwart the efforts of the friends (while complaining they don't "give" enough)..

Please, Mr. Andrews..do the right thing here..show us that you won't be manipulated by the likes of Bobo, Brenda, Brucey, etc...we're watching..and waiting to see if we have a TA (finally) who sees what's in the best interest of the Town..and is willing to be a part of positve change in Wareham..Don't let us down.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#6 2010-01-26 09:33:33

PSpan said:

"Please, Mr. Andrews..do the right thing here..show us that you won't be manipulated by the likes of Bobo, Brenda, Brucey, etc...we're watching..and waiting to see if we have a TA (finally) who sees what's in the best interest of the Town..and is willing to be a part of positve change in Wareham..Don't let us down."

Let me remind you all that it took McAuliffe about six months before he realized that he was working for a bunch of lunatics. Once he figured that out and he actually began to do "what's in the best interest of the Town" it took the selectbozos about four months to fire him.

I am sure Andrews is aware of that. Therefore I don't hold out much hope that he will do the right thing.

Focus April 6, 2010

#7 2010-01-26 09:47:57

One question that could be asked is how did the town spend the $1000 gift to the TOWN for the library from a certain vocal critic of the Friends? And how about the infamous $100 Jane gave to the town when she discouraged people to donate to the Friends Paddlethon fundraiser??

Do we get an accounting of the money given to the TOWN for the library's use? I don't see anyone questioning how exactly gifts to the town are used. People should feel free to give money to the town for the library if they so choose, but perhaps we should ask for invoices.

We gave the invoices for the Paddlethon's $45,000 for books and materials, and the invoices for the $20,000 in books and materials for this fiscal year to the acting director. The $20,000 check we gave to the town can be verified by the treasurer.  When the Friends say we will buy books and materials with funds we raise, we do just that.

One of the reasons we were sanctioned by the town long ago to raise funds for the library, is because the administration at that time recognized that people don't tend to give "donations" to towns per se. They pay taxes to the town and so do not think of the town as a non profit. That's why Friends groups are started. A group of people willing to go out and work hard to raise money for something like a library are often more successful.

If the "town" decides to hold a fund raiser for the library, all well and good. I have just never seen that happen here in Wareham. Consequently, the donations aren't rolling into the town. In three days, we have raised over $2000 for the library!! And that is bad....why?

#8 2010-01-27 07:20:40

rukidding wrote:

Nora, as always thank you for telling the truth about the Friends. The real sad part is that these idiots will likely set Brockton Brenda loose to try to remove the Friends page from the town's web site. That is the mentality of these morons. Instead of trying to figure out a way to duplicate the success of the Friends for maybe the COA, these idiots will try to destroy the Friends. Go figure!!

Focus April 6, 2010

I do believe Brenda's inarticulate mumblings at the end of last night's meeting meant that the Friends will soon be removed from the town's website. I'm not surprised.

I am concerned, however, about the attempt to not allow people to meet at the library (did she mean all town buildings? I couldn't understand the convoluted story she tried to convey). Having the TA's secretary calling churches to arrange for places for the girl scout's to meet? Did I hear that correctly? How is that the secretary's job?

So, the scouts can't meet at the library? I'm thinking the Friends will get the boot soon. What about the grief counseling group? The bi-polar group? The chess club? The garden club? The quilters and the button club? I could go on. So many groups reserve the meeting room at the library and have done so since the library opened in 1991.  Please don't punish all these fine organizations because you hate the Friends and the library!!! 

The library is a wonderful community resource and to act in a vindictive manner to these totally innocent groups needing a place to meet for the betterment of our community would be a shame.

#9 2010-01-27 07:55:00

Nora, I hate it when my predictions come true. Then again these morons are so predictable it is sad. They will do anything in their power to tear this town apart. It is clear the Friends will survive. It is sad the boy scouts, grief counselors all the way up to the quiliters and beyond will find themselves out in the cold.

It is really a shame the Marcia cannot learn something from the Friends about supporting their organization. Wouldn't it be nice if the council on aging had a support organization that was half as passionate as the Friends.

When we get new blood in the positions of power in this town things will change. Focus: Vote April 6, 2010

#10 2010-01-27 08:12:23

Have they lost their mind? The last I recall, our taxpayer dollars pay for the builidings (and upkeep) for this town. It also pays the salaries of town employees. This includes the TA and Marcia Griswold. If the boy scouts want to hold a meeting at the library and the room is free, what exactly is the problem?

More to the point. the Friends have raised countless dollars to purchase supplies, computers, and books for the library. If Brenda, who obviously isn't library friendly (uhmmm, uhmmm) thinks it's a good idea to cut off the support of the Friends, I would hope she has another method of raising money. Why not put Ms Griswold out on the fund raising trail????? Her personality is so perfect to get people to donate.

Enough is enough. If this group of Selectmen, the new TA, and a non-resident hack continue to make the rules for this town, we will end up further down the sh*thold we are in.

#11 2010-01-27 08:22:39

BRENDA IS A  CERTIFIABLE ASS HOLE.

#12 2010-01-27 08:23:20

So let me get this straight.  Just to give some political payback to the Friends, they want to kick them out of meeting at the library, and to do that, they'll kick every other community group including the girl scouts out of the library just to do it?

What a bunch of miserable hateful animals they are.  I hope everyone involved in all of the groups that are kicked out remember this when they vote in April.

I thought a certain scumbag reporter claimed support for the girl scouts - I'm sure when the selectmen crack the whip on him though he'll tow the line like a good lackey.

#13 2010-01-27 08:27:09

Marcia has told more than one person that it is her goal to get the friends out of the library and to get the friends of the elderly out of the muti service center. She doesn't want these groups using town buildings because she doesn't have contol over these groups. Marcia is all about control. She's upset with the friends of the elderly because they stopped giving her food cards.

#14 2010-01-27 08:29:25

Good God, they're after the Friends of The Elderly too?!  I know these people have no friends in their personal lives, but that doesn't mean they should go on a mission to destroy all friends.

#15 2010-01-27 08:44:38

I wonder how Bobo is going to spin Marcia throwing out the girl scouts.  Maybe he’ll imply that there was some kind of money laundering scheme when the girl scout’s sold their cookies.

#16 2010-01-27 08:46:17

Hey folks, I'm just giving you MY interpretation of Brenda's vague mumblings last night. (Oh for a subject AND predicate in the same sentence!!) 

She talked about groups meeting and then said Ms. Green helped to relocate some by calling churches?? I think.

Let' not get too angry until we are sure. Did ANYONE who heard that "message" at the end of the meeting from Brenda understand it fully?  I'm just saying that's what it sounded like to me.

Marny is right though, I've heard the same from several people. Ouch.

#17 2010-01-27 08:56:27

So, that would also mean that the Democratic Town Committee will have to look for a new meeting place? They meet in the Multi Service Center.

Last edited by Maturevoter (2010-01-27 08:57:31)

#18 2010-01-27 09:14:33

Bingo! You beat someone to it MatureVoter!

Seriously, isn't that what the Multi-service center and library meeting rooms are for? What on earth is Brenda thinking? Let's hope our TA understands PUBLIC buildings and tax payer support.

#19 2010-01-27 10:44:08

Nora Bicki wrote:

Did ANYONE who heard that "message" at the end of the meeting from Brenda understand it fully?  I'm just saying that's what it sounded like to me.

Umm, uh umm ah I didn't umm uh understand it umm umm fully umm, but umm that's exactly uh umm how I took her umm uh comments umm last night umm.

Meeting should be up later today..Her umm rambling rant occurred in the final 15 minutes umm, or so.

RECALLBROCKTONBRENDA

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#20 2010-01-27 11:53:35

Nora Bicki wrote:

So, the scouts can't meet at the library? I'm thinking the Friends will get the boot soon. What about the grief counseling group? The bi-polar group? The chess club? The garden club? The quilters and the button club? I could go on. So many groups reserve the meeting room at the library and have done so since the library opened in 1991.  Please don't punish all these fine organizations because you hate the Friends and the library!!!.

This isn't exactly a bad thing.... all those groups must contain registered voters, right?  If the BOS can piss off enough voters (that may have even supported them in the past) then they'll pretty much seal their own fate.

#21 2010-01-27 12:06:25

Quite true. But it looks like most of those groups will be able to meet but there will be some new guidelines/policy procedures coming out soon. A tempest in a tea pot if you ask me, but the policy of the BoS seems to be if it ain't broke, fix it our way!!

See my post about meeting with the TA.

#22 2010-01-27 12:29:24

BOBO HAS THE NEW ARTICLE UP ON HIS WEBSITE ABOUT THE BUILDING USE , I LAUGHED MY ASS OFF WHEN I READ THIS:

Eckstrom said the town administrator’s office has been working with some Scout leaders to find space in other locations.
Ecsktrom told the Observer the new policy is not intended to be punitive.

NOT PUNITIVE BRENDA?

#23 2010-01-27 12:36:45

Just saw Bobo D-Bag's article. Bobo confirms it. The selectmen are tossing the girl scouts.  Bobo, who has claimed to support the girl scouts (put up a pic of his kids in girl scout cookie uniforms just a couple of days ago to support the scouts) is being a good lackey and supporting this outrage.  I guess when Brenda wants something, Bobo will drop his support for the scouts like a hot potato. What a fat hypocrite.

All you Wareham girl scout Moms and Dads, be sure to register your disapproval at the ballot box in APRIL!!!!!!

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-01-27 12:39:18)

#24 2010-01-27 12:42:03

QUOTE CRONIE:

“It’s scary,” he said. “A lot of the 501C3 (non-profit groups) use Town Hall (as their base of operations.”

It's scary.  A convicted dirt thief holds a seat on the most important board in town.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-01-27 12:43:20)

#25 2010-01-27 12:42:29

brenda's daughter is in the girl scouts also..

#26 2010-01-27 12:48:03

The odd part is that the whole purpose of the Multi-Service Center was to provide meeting space for all different kinds of groups.  If they're going to shut every group out just to carry on their twisted vendetta against the Friends, then they might as well just close up the Multi-Service Center and sell it.  Meeting space is by and large its main purpose.

#27 2010-01-27 13:25:53

Nora Bicki wrote:

rukidding wrote:

Focus April 6, 2010

I do believe Brenda's inarticulate mumblings at the end of last night's meeting meant that the Friends will soon be removed from the town's website. I'm not surprised.

If they move the Friends, will the BOS list themselves as "The Enemies of the Library"?

#28 2010-01-27 13:34:16

commonsense wrote:

Nora Bicki wrote:

Please don't punish all these fine organizations because you hate the Friends and the library!!!.

If Brenda doesn't mind biting off her nose to spite her face, neither do we cuz it will be an improvement in her looks.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com