#1 2010-01-25 23:16:11

Watch the news Tuesday morning. Thirty officers, some state police, some North Andover PD will be facing criminal charges.
And this is the type of leader that the Wareham Board of Selectmen aspire to have as a full time chief. Someone who didn't provide his dept with proper training to avoid these types of criminal charges?

#2 2010-01-26 01:49:40

TBL

I think you are being much too critical of Chief Stanley. The state police handle those OUI road blocks. There may have been some North Andover officers present but the photo I saw on TV showed several state troopers on and around the guy. It's not the local chief's fault that the troopers tuned up some asshole that punched a female trooper and unleashed his pit bull on them. Did he deserve to die? No. Did he create the situation that lead to his death? Yes he did.

#3 2010-01-26 05:26:05

I believe this is a situation where a taser would have saved a life.

#4 2010-01-26 08:45:28

WE NEED A FUL TIME POLICE CHIEF AND WE NEED THIS DONE NOW,LET HIM APPLY FOR THE FULL TIME JOB ALSO I REMEMBER HE SUPPORTED THE SELECTMAN IN THERE QUEST FOR THE ELEMATION OF THE STRONG CHIEF LAW.

#5 2010-01-26 08:46:29

I feel badly for the Chief. He has ignored his real responsibilities in his own Town to play "footsie" with the Town of Wareham.
I agree with some that he has helped the PD achieve some things whet were unable to change before. The reason is that he is supported by the BOS and they are not interfering with the day to day operations.
I think it has improved the morale of the PD, but only based on the no interference of the BOS.
Demand a test for the Chief's position, whittle candidates down to three, hopefully one comes from Wareham, and appoint a permanent Chief and have the BOS stay the hell away from the PD and anyone will be successful.
Non interference is what has been successful, not the proactive actions of the Chief who has been protected by isolationism.

#6 2010-01-26 12:23:56

TBL, I understand clearly your support of Chief Stanley, as he has been given free reign to institute new programs and policies and that Wareham's finest are appreciative. However, had North Andover officers been properly trained, they may have prevented this situation from happening by virtue of knowing what to do to prevent it.
And, where was Chief Stanley on the day this happened? Here in Wareham?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com