#1 2010-01-25 18:22:02

I have not previously attended these events, but they showed up in my email, so I thought I would pass them along.  Sounds like fun!

February

The Wareham Committee for the Homeless (WACH) is holding a Valentine fundraiser on February 12th.    Salerno’s in Onset is hosting the evening with the band GQ & the Lady, a Chinese auction and 50-50 raffle.   Tickets are $15.  A dinner menu is also available.  Doors open at 6:30 PM & entertainment begins at 7:30 PM.   Contact Sue Boyarski at 508-295-3633 or Shell Point Real Estate 508-295-6560 to reserve tickets.  Remaining tickets are available at the door the night of the event until 7:30 PM.  Event proceeds support WACH programs; Turning Point Day Resource Center for the Homeless & Near Homeless, Baby Point and Health Point.   These programs serve Wareham, Buzzards Bay, Carver, Marion, Mattapoisett, Middleboro & Rochester.

MA Children’s Relief’s Wareham Mardi Gras Celebration V is on Sunday, February 21st  from 1:00 to 3:00 PM at Decas School.  This annual event is a family celebration for pre-school and elementary age children.  From 1:00 to 2:30 PM, children create floats, hats and masks for the parade.   Limbo and hula hoop contests to traditional Mardi Gras music are also held.  The parade begins at 2:30 with the children marching with their creations and catching 1000s of beads caught by our friends in Slidell, LA for our celebration.  Given the economy, entrance fees are reduced to $4.00 for participating children.  Adults & children bringing non-perishable or baby items (diapers, wipes, socks only) receive specialty beads.  The donated items go to Damien’s Pantry and Baby Point.  Cash proceeds from this year’s Mardi Gras Celebration go to the support Haiti citizens through clintonbushhattifund.org.   For more information, or to donate or volunteer, contact Sally Morrison at 508-291-3504, 774-766-2740 or sammorrison@comcast.net.   Also seeking volunteers from 12:30 to 4.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com