Board of Selectmen/Sewer Commissioners
MEETING AGENDA
7:00 PM – Room #320 Multi-Service Center, 48 Marion Road, Wareham Massachusetts

1. CALL TO ORDER BY CHAIRMAN
2. ROLL CALL
3. ANNOUNCEMENT
4. CITIZENS PARTICIPATION
5. CONSENT AGENDA
a. Authorization to sign bills and documents, etc.
b. Approval of the January 5, 2010 meeting minutes.
c. Approval of the January 12, 2010 executive session meeting minutes.
6. LICENSES & PERMITS

a. 7:15 P.M. Hearing – On the application of Marc Whitney d/b/a Lacasse Service, 109 Onset Avenue, Onset for a Class II License under the provisions of Chapter 140 of the Massachusetts General Laws.
b. 7:30 P.M. – HEARING – On the application for a new Annual Common Victualer All Alcoholic Beverages License by Wasabi Steakhouse, Inc. d/b/a Zen Palace, Ching Chan, Manager, 2421 Cranberry Highway, Suite 420, Wareham, MA under the provisions of Chapter 138 of MGL.
c. Application for a Common Victualler’s License by Wasabi Steakhouse, Inc. d/b/a Zen Palace, 2421 Cranberry Highway, Suite 420, Wareham, MA under the provisions of Chapter 140 of the Massachusetts General Laws.
d. Application for use of town roads by Max Performance, c/o Tim Richmond, 57 Prospect Avenue, Norwood, MA and also to use the Onset Bandshell, Town Pier and Onset Beach for the Wicket Onset Triathlon to be held on June 12, 2010 from 9:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. with a rain date of June 13, 2010

7. TOWN ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT
8. TOWN BUSINESS
a. Meeting with the Community Events Committee.
b. Update on the health care trust fund.
9. SEWER BUSINESS

a. Any sewer business.

10. LIAISON REPORTS
11. ADJOURNMENT
12. SIGNING OF DOCUMENTS APPROVED BY THE BOARD

Last edited by billw (2010-01-25 12:37:02)

#2 2010-01-25 15:35:03

Let's get a gang together for the triathlon in June.  They usually have team competition and age categories. 

Is this a fund raising event? Maybe the sponsors will kick some money in to pay for lifeguards or such.   Triathlons attract lots of lookers.

#3 2010-01-25 15:41:55

Is Sweet Brucey back from Mexico yet?  If not, the meeting will probably last about 5 minutes, none of them will know what to say or do without His Royal Bruceyness.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-01-25 15:42:17)

#4 2010-01-25 15:43:00

No time spot to acknowledge and apologize for their 14 open meeting law violations I see.

#5 2010-01-26 19:39:36

Wow, no Sweet Brucey again tonight!  Sweet Brucey's Mexican getaway is extra long this year.  Two months and counting.  The best two months Wareham has had since last year's Mexico trip.

Alright, I think I get the Hypocrite Elite's campaign strategy this year.  They're going to keep Sweet Brucey holed up in a Tiajuana safehouse from now until election day so he can't say anything stupid.

#6 2010-01-26 19:56:28

Hamatron5000 wrote:

They're going to keep Sweet Brucey holed up in a Tiajuana safehouse from now until election day so he can't say anything stupid.

That didn't stop him last week.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#7 2010-01-26 20:03:53

Bahhh...ha ha...yeah that's true, he had to get on the phone and do some damage control with Bobo.  I guess 14 open meeting law violations will get him to leave the beach and drop the mai tais for a minute.

#8 2010-01-26 20:38:16

Uhmmmm.....uhmmmmm....uhmmmmm....uhmmmm....uhmmmmmm....uhmmmmm

You have to be kidding me? At what point does one of the Selectmen stop talking long enough to listen to how uhmmmm, bad...uhmmmmm she sounds?

#9 2010-01-26 20:47:30

Holy crap..is it over already???

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#10 2010-01-27 07:00:32

I certainly don't condone anyone calling a selectman at his home to complain about his lack of doing due diligence as an elected official. I refer to whomever called Cronan complaining about the fact that he did not read the police department policies except for the highlighted areas but was willing to vote.  Then Eckstrom freely admitted that she did not even read the highlighted areas.

This is not the first time these people haven't bothered to read important town documents. For those just joining the site, I'm going to post excerpts from the library litigation depositions that give evidence that these two selelctmen have a pattern of not reading documents. Last night it was just a policy to pass. In the case of the library litigation, the case dragged on for more than two years incurring high legal fees at the expense of the taxpayers.

I know some of you have read this before, but with the election coming up, I think we need to decide if these people should remain selectmen. Read it (again) and weep.

Cronan and the Library's lawyer:
Q: Do you know what the counterclaim is?
A: I haven't read it.
Q: Do you know what the Board of Selectmen, you being one of them, is seeking from my clients in this case?
A: I haven't read it.
Q: Yes. But without reading it, do you know what the Board of Selectmen is seeking from my clients in this case?
A: No.
Q: You don't know what the counterclaim is about?
A: I do not.
Q: Okay. Do you think you should?
A: Yes.
Q: But you don't?
A: I haven't yet.
Q: After two years of litigation?
A; Hmm.
Q: Do you intend at some point reading the counterclaim?
A" Yes.
Q: When do you think you're going to read it?
A: As soon as I get a copy of it.
Q: Are you indicating you never read the complaint?
A: I've told you three times, counsel, I have not read the complaint and I have not read the counterclaim. I have read neither.

And here is Brenda and the library's lawyer:

Q: Okay. Do you recall signing an agreement on behalf of the town in connection with the Spinney?
A: Yep.
Q: Did you sign the agreement?
A: Yep.
Q: Did you read the agreement before you signed it?
A: No, I did not.
And Later:
Q: So,you remember signing it though?
A: I don't remember signing it. I remember--I remember voting for it. I mean you know--
Q: And you voted in favor?
A: Hmmm hmmm.
Q: Without reading it?
A: Voting in favor without reading it, yeah.

Here is what John Cronan had to say about those financial records. Understand that the depositions took place at the END of the two year litigation process.

Q: Do you know that throughout the course of this litigation a lot of documents and records were produced by the trustees, financial records, showing their accounts and the money which they hold? Do you have an understanding of that?
A: I understand records and stuff have gone back from lawyers to lawyers, but I have no knowledge of what it says.
Q: Did you yourself look at any records that were produced by the trustees in this litigation?
Q: Do you know if any other selectmen have looked at any of the records produced?
A: I couldn't answer for them.
Q: Understanding that you're a party to this litigation, do you feel that you need to look at the records that are being produced?
A: I think that at some point I should, but right now there's lawyers handling all this stuff, so I stay out of it.

Brenda on the financial records:
Q: Do you have any intention of looking through the records which were produced in this case?
A; Do I?
Q: Do you?
A: No. I don't have any intention of personally looking through any records.
Q: You are a part of this case, right?
A: I believe my name's on the paperwork.
Q: Okay. Now part of the action being against you personally, I mean, do you have any concern with not personally looking at the records that were produced to you?
A: I think that's the other side of the case. I think that as you just said, that Attorney Montgomery is defending me as a selectman and as an individual. In that, I'm only here defending myself. I have no interest in those records. Attorney Corbo is representing the town, and so you know what, the town, whether it's through the attorneys or accountant, treasurer, I don't know who would be--personally am I going to sift through and go through it? It really doesn't matter to me. I shouldn't say it doesn't matter to me. As an individual, that stuff--that's stuff for the town and that's the information that I believe Attorney Corbo, town accountant, those people would look at, not me as an individual.
Q: Is it your--I'm sorry. I'm trying to understand this. Is it your understanding that the town accountant's going to look through those records?
A: Well, I don't know who would look through them. I don't think -- I would think that counsel would look through them.
Q: Do you know if anybody other than the counsel's going to look through those records?
A: I don't know.
Q: You have no present intention to look through those records?

#11 2010-01-27 09:22:59

larry gaines has come before the BOS many times asking the public to donate food and "personal items" gift cards the COA has an ad on WCTV asking for food items to be donated.. how do i know that those items went directly to the COA members in need and not in someone's pocket..????

#12 2010-01-27 09:37:18

They probably went in Larry Gaines' pocket. We should have an investigation. Call in the FBI, DA, IG, CIA, ABCC, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, XYZ and all the rest of the alphabet soup. There is something sinister going on here. We must put a stop to this corruption. My opinion.
Focus: Vote April 6, 2010

#13 2010-01-27 09:37:50

brenda so does this mean no MORE.....
Friends of the Elderly
Fuel Assistance
Outreach
Adult Day Care
Serve
SHINE
Meals on Wheels
Transportation
they are not "TOWN DEPT'S" these and others work so to speak out of town buildings?

#14 2010-01-27 09:38:33

rukidding wrote:

They probably went in Larry Gaines' pocket. We should have an investigation. Call in the FBI, DA, IG, CIA, ABCC, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, XYZ and all the rest of the alphabet soup. There is something sinister going on here. We must put a stop to this corruption. My opinion.
Focus: Vote April 6, 2010

angel-joe said the same thing hehehe

#15 2010-01-27 09:42:07

All of those tin hats that made donations to the rag...how do we know that those donations went to improving the rag?  How do we know that they didn't go into Bobo's pocket to spend at the bagel shop?  In fact, I'd say look at a copy of the rag and see the evidence - obviously not a cent has been spent on proofreaders or fact checkers. 

Certainly none of that money went to Bobo's landlord, who Bobo stiffed out of $5,600.

Scamming the tin hats! Oh, for shame, Bobo, for shame!  Call in the Feds immediately!!!

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-01-27 09:42:37)

#16 2010-01-27 09:53:19

There's an obligation by this government to support it's institutions and especially it's citizens. It's the citizens and their well being that make living in a town a happy place to call a home. Comments like Brenda's are the opposite of this. I'm disappointed but not surprised that neither John nor Walter could at least ask a question about the issue. Where are their minds and their voices? For Brenda to be in a position to dictate to the TA concerning her policy pertaining to the use of Town Buildings, the use of addresses, what is published on a website is so outrageous, I can't begin to take it seriously. We need to focus on April and then her recall as soon as possible afterwards. I understand Frank has taken out papers. Are others moving towards that purpose who we know have the interests of Wareham citizens at heart and can be a voice to stop attempts like this in their tracks before they begin taking shape?

#17 2010-01-27 10:16:30

I heard there are 124, yes 124 people that have been getting kickbacks from this scam. That is more people than the alleged library issue. The way the scam reportedly works is that scammer collects all the gifts and returns to his people at different times either the same face amount as the contribution or in 20% of the cases he returns more than the original contribution. We need an investigation!!

#18 2010-01-27 10:21:26

I don't know if someone has access to the original grant for the restoration of the multi service building, but if there were restrictions on the use of the building it would have been part of that. I believe it cannot just be a senior citizen center and must be open to the community. Seriously people, this is why we need to focus on April. The secrecey and exclusion that are being forced on the taxpayers by the elected officials (witnessed by Brenda's Uhmm speech last night) is exactly what is wrong with this town. The library has meeting rooms, but now the public or organizations in town may not be able to use them? Whew, that doesn't make sense.

#19 2010-01-27 11:33:36

direct quote..

“There just isn’t enough room for every Boy Scout and Girl Scout troop in Wareham to use town facilities,” she said. “Local churches are used in most towns for those kinds of meetings. If we open up space for one group than we have to open up space for everyone. We can allow some of the troops, but there just isn't room to let everyone in. The other day we had six groups signed up for three room."

1..open for 1 then open for all....BUT we can allow some..........??

2.. what is the "three" room????????

updated... send me the bill slager glad i caught that before print deadline...

“There just isn’t enough room for every Boy Scout and Girl Scout troop in Wareham to use town facilities,” she said. “Local churches are used in most towns for those kinds of meetings. If we open up space for one group than we have to open up space for everyone (if no policy exists). We can allow some of the troops, but there just isn't room to let everyone in. The other day we had six groups signed up for three rooms.

Last edited by LIZdaGNOME (2010-01-27 13:22:04)

#20 2010-01-27 12:23:26

IHS, I need ya!

Didn't Bobo have a subscription drive which he claimed he'd donate $$ to (ironically) the library, based on the number of new subscribers?? As I recall, he claimed to have received enough to equal $970 (which he so generously added the final $30 to make it an even 1K..and then he boasts about giving a thousand bucks to the library..and not the $30)...doesn't that sound just a little like the whole fb thing? Except the money came from individual new subscribers NOT a single donation by an individual donor based on the number of individuals who chose to join the Facebook page that is SUPPORTING our library. Did the $$ Bobo "donated" go to the "Friends"??

Let alone Bobo's subscription drive fell far short of his original goals..

...and then he writes a story about the FB page..Bobo, your a joke..a bad one.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-01-27 12:38:03)

#21 2010-01-27 12:26:51

YEAH PSPAN I HAD AN ARUEMENT WITH SLAGER ABOUT HOW HE SAID HIS ORIGINAL GOAL WAS TO DONATE 10,000 DOLLARS BUT HE FELL SHORT OF THAT AND ONLY GOT 97 NEW SUBSCRIBERS. HE ARGUED THAT HE NEVER SAID IT EVEN THOUGH I HAD THE PAPER RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME IN BLACK AND WHITE. HALF PAGE AD ON THE FRONT PAGE ON THE BOTTOM.

#22 2010-01-27 12:28:55

I say we encourage the new FB member to donate a dollar to the Library (directly if he would like) for every member that joins his new FB page? You think he would agree to that???

#23 2010-01-27 13:38:29

this biulding was for the community and not just for council on ageing ,i know at one time the visiting nurses used ti have a whole floor at one time.

#24 2010-01-27 13:41:01

ihateliz wrote:

this biulding was for the community and not just for council on ageing ,i know at one time the visiting nurses used ti have a whole floor at one time.

That is what the grant said.  I don't think the Town would have gotten the federal funds if they said it was for the COA alone...need to look at the grant.

#25 2010-01-27 13:56:11

Concocting her witches brew...

RECALLBROCKTONBRENDA

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-01-27 14:06:12)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com