#66 2010-01-25 20:34:17

By: angel-joe on 1/25/10
Wouldn't it be so IRONIC were the AG to discover that Scott Brown's Facebook page was not really a registered FB page but just a fake website? Whew.

ALL RIGHT THIS JUST ISNT FUNNY ANYMORE. WHERE IS BETTY'S RELATIVES? SHE NEEDS MEDS AND QUICK.

#67 2010-01-25 21:00:11

It's like these people just sit around all day drooling all over facebook.  Put down the 40 ounce malt liquor, turn off Jerry Springer, and get a job tin hats.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-01-25 21:01:04)

#68 2010-01-25 21:11:40

What a great day!! More than 1000 people are fans of the Wareham Free Library!!!!  Thanks you Friends and supporters, patrons and library lovers!!!

#69 2010-01-25 21:12:43

Hey look, everyone!  Mature and responsible debate!

By: robertslager on 1/24/10
Here's another problem with all this. The Friends claim they have an "anonymous" donor who will make a dollar match for everyone who signs up on the fake Facebook page. But because the Friends won't share their financial records, how does anyone know there really is such a donor? If there was, why not have this person donate the money directly to the town? Why give the money to the Friends? Why remain anonymous? What possible negative remification could come for somebody donating money to the library directly through the town? At least that way there would be a public record of it. Every single aspect of this fake Facebook page smells to high heaven.

Bobo, were you born this stupid or did you have to work at it?

Here's a lovely little "mature and responsible" exchange:

By: stormlover on 1/25/10
I HAVE JUST SENT A LETTER TO THE "FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY" ASKING THEM TO REMOVE MY NAME FROM THE MEMBERSHIP AS I CONSIDER THE NEW "FACE BOOK" NOTHING BUT ANOTHER HATE SITE.
By: robertslager on 1/25/10
God bless you, Stormlover. For these people to use the library for their own purposes is disgraceful. The library desperately needs help, and these people are sitting on nearly $1 million. If people want to help the library, please send donations directly through the town. That is the only way to be certain the funds will be used properly.
By: angel-joe on 1/25/10
What would be the charges be for "impersonating" a registered website? That is not a REAL Facebook account. It is JUST a web page. ..

So, what would the federal charges be for that? Seriously?

By: robertslager on 1/25/10
I'm guess that wull be up to law enforcement officials.

Ham's thoughts:

1) Jesus Christ, Bobo the Brainless Bastard can't even spell "will!"  "Will" is at least easier than "earth!!"  Bobo, "wull" you ever realize that someone who can't spell shouldn't be a reporter?!

2) Yeah ok tin hat assclowns, I'm sure the Facebook Police will get right on this.

3) What is the charge for scamming your landlord out of rent money?  Just curious.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-01-25 21:13:58)

#70 2010-01-25 21:33:18

Oh c'mon.  I love reading peoples responses who have no idea of what they speak.  What the hell is "not a REAL facebook account.  It is JUST a web page"?   who is this clown?  Must be well beyond the age of a person who understands facebook or the internet in any way whatsoever.  It IS a facebook page.  Just like many other "fans of" pages on Facebook.  Do we need the police to look into all of them too?  It is accepted practice on Facebook to make a page devoted to fans of damned near anything.   This isn't a web page made to look like a facebook page.  IT IS A FACEBOOK PAGE.  This is how it works!   Find out what you write about before bashing it, numb nuts.

And furthermore, all you have to do is click on "Remove me from fans" and you will be removed.  It is that simple.  Learn the damn website before looking like a dip shit.

Last edited by WantToSeeChange (2010-01-25 21:40:38)

#71 2010-01-25 21:42:14

To turn a Bobo phrase, I just read something from MsLilly of all people that made me "scrape my jaw off the floor." 

She likened the relationship of the Friends of the Library to the library to a church and a "Moms for the Church group."

MsLilly said it wouldn't cross her mind to donate money to the church, but if she were walking by a "Moms for the Church Bake Sale," she'd buy a cake, and the "Moms for the Church" would donate the money she paid for the cake to the church.

Along those same lines, people might not think to donate to the library, but would take part in a Friends of the Library fundraiser and the Friends would donate the money to the library.

Wow.  I am just completely stunned that friggin MsLilly of all people actually gets it.

#72 2010-01-25 22:15:42

I am finding it hard to believe that some people are this stupid.

Someone with a very big heart and an obvious love of Wareham's Library decided to make a donation to the Friends of the Wareham Library.  To make it a bit more fun and to get people to join a great cause and get to know the Friends and the library, it was decided to see how many facebook members could be found to accept this cause.  For every click of the keyboard (one member), one dollar would be donated to the Friends of the Wareham Library.  It was a lot of fun for us to watch the numbers climb.  Basically, we had a good time, didn't have to dress for the occasion and carried out a successful fund raising event.

There isn't anything illegal or immoral about what has taken place.  I had fun!  I would love to see the face of a "federal" investigater if they were to really report this fb cause.  Then, I would like to hear their answer to Bobo.  Impersonating a registered website????   What does that mean?

At least we will find out who stormlover is, as that person has sent a letter to the Friends to have their name removed from it's membership.  As far as the tainted angel goes, she's around 46 and a little unstable.  In fairness though, she does have knowledge of Cape Verdean history, but to what point I don't know.

Thank you to the donor.

#73 2010-01-25 22:33:29

People, I don't want to alarm you, but I just heard there was a facebook page for Arthur "the Fonz" Fonzarelli, but no word on whether Henry Winkler has officially sanctioned this.  Better get on the case, Bobo!  You should call on Obama to convene a Federal Facebook Task Force immediately!

The Fonz - known for wearing his leather jacket during the summer months, but unlike Bobo, was cool enough to pull it off.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-01-25 22:44:36)

#74 2010-01-25 22:37:47

What isn't Bobo screaming for an investigation about??..he's a nutjob. It was windy today Bobo...Should we investigate the bloggers for their part in it?? angel-joe, give Bobo some of your medication..wait, maybe you better keep it for yourself, looney toon.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-01-25 22:52:11)

#75 2010-01-25 22:44:02

BREAKING NEWS: Facebook has a Star Trek webpage and Bill Shatner has not been notified.  Call in the Coast Guard.

#76 2010-01-25 22:50:36

BREAKING NEWS:  Facebook has Star Wars fanpages, George Lucas clueless to the whole ordeal.  Oh, the humanity!  Call the marines!

#77 2010-01-25 23:29:11

1,070!! Bobo couldn't get that many fans....EVER!! They did it (almost entirely) in about three days..Bahahaha..

It's been fun to watch this number rise so quickly, and for such a great reason/institution...I love the "can do" attitude of these people..they have every reason to thumb their noses at a "hostile administration"..and Bobo the AssClown..We have Brenda & the gang crying that they don't hand over the checkbook..and Bobo crying "open da books! open da books!! they're a bunch of crooks!!"

Kudos you guys for finding a way, despite the obstacles. You're an inspiration.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-01-26 09:30:20)

#78 2010-01-26 06:28:24

1088 this morning!! We have Nevada, Delaware and Wisconsin!!

I spoke with the original donor last night. When we started this, we thought we MIGHT get 500. With it hitting 1000, I wanted to make sure we were still a go. The donor took a big gulp and said--GO FOR IT!!!!!  Now I need to check on the donor who agreed to match it!!

Thanks Fans of the WFL!!!

#79 2010-01-26 07:24:08

What possible negative remification could come for somebody donating money to the library directly through the town?

UMMMMMM BOBO LOOK AT WHAT YOU HAVE DONE ALREADY YOU JERK. YOU'VE CALLED IT A SCAM.

#80 2010-01-26 08:25:26

What possible negative remification could come for somebody donating money to the library directly through the town?

First off, "remification" is not a word, but I won't get into that.

Secondly, I would only add to this that I believe there is a general "fear" of sending money to the town proper.  It seems as though with all the spending that is going on, it would lead to a possible "misappropriation" of these funds.  I personally think that sending money to the Friends is a better choice.  IF, (in Bobo's world), the Friends have taken money (and I HIGHLY doubt this), I still personally trust them more than the town at this point. 

I don't believe for one second that this Facebook page is a scam in ANY way, but I think we all believe this way.  Let's keep the fan base growing!

#81 2010-01-26 08:38:23

Bornof...you give Betty too much credit. Her knowledge of Cape Verdean history in Wareham borders on the delusional. She has no idea of the history of the cranberry business, the Cape Verdean involvement in that business, the alleged slavery attached to it, etc.
The only knowledge she has about history is located in LaLa land where she resides.

#82 2010-01-26 08:53:04

I agree with WTSC, I feel much more comfortable donating money to the Friends than the Town. It's clear they lack the necessary skills to manage money and people. As you can see, it is possible to raise money for such a worthwhile cause because people believe in the power of the LIBRARY! Maybe our TA and Selectmen will take notice????

#83 2010-01-26 08:58:02

Ten friends!!! WOW!!
Ten friends is a lot...IHATESLAGER and I only have 15 friends between the both of us.
The troll must be VERY popular!
Let's see....Library fans= 1100 so far.
Troll friends= 10.
Not bad odds...if you are a Marine with a fire team looking at the enemy force. But, to use those stats in the civilian world is not that impressive.
Hopefully, if he tries real hard, he'll have 12 friends by the end of the week.
The library will be hitting 2000 fans very soon.
Let's see if the Chairman of the BOS can set up a Face book page and see how many friends he has. Want to bet  that they are the same 10 to 20 people that the troll will eventually get?
The few who have not joined the troll's Face book that are members of his minions are scared to death to put their real names up...like we don't know who they are!!
Dumb asses!

#84 2010-01-26 13:12:23

Good God!  An illiterate reporter!  "Ramifications," Bobo!  It's "ramifications!"  For the love of God, sign up for Hooked on Phonics, man!

Earth, will, directly, ramifications - all words that seem to be tripping up the cub reporter.

Bobo, you don't need to trash the library just because you're angry about your illiteracy.  I'm sure they'll let you join the adult literacy program.  Just bring a blanket because Brenda is against heating it.  You'll be cold, but you'll finally learn how to read and write and conquer your illiteracy!

Adult illiteracy is nothing to be ashamed of, Bobo.  Just admit you have a problem and sign up for the adult literacy program today!

#85 2010-01-26 14:40:12

1, 134 right now!! We just got Illinois. Could 2000 be a reality?

#86 2010-01-26 15:05:16

Nora,

Shoot for 2010 and make this an annual January fund drive by the Friends for the Library.

#87 2010-01-26 15:09:10

What a great idea!! There sure isn't any heavy lifting involved in this fundraiser.

#88 2010-01-26 15:44:12

Addendum - Annual Internet Fundraiser by the Friends for the Library:

Nora, two more thoughts -

1) Reciprocal Links:  Example - http://www.northeastminneapolisartsdist … strict.php
have sponsorship by entities that will post your link on their website; the link could be a logo for the annual event. This not only could increase interest but may improve recognition by the search engines for the Friends website.

2) Run the fundraiser on multiple supporting sites ala MS Telethon. Perhaps sites could compete for greatest amount of fans contributed towards the fund. Perhaps the fundraising could be on FB and other places too.

#89 2010-01-26 15:46:49

Someone had better take pity on the poor anonymous donor!!
I think all of the above is great, but I am sure it will take more than one donor to cover what will come flying out of the box.

#90 2010-01-26 15:51:58

Gee whiz! I wasnt' going to say anything or stir up any trouble, but I had to say something about this:

By: angel-joe on 1/26/10
Robert, You PLAY dumb really well. (That's a compliment) ;)

I wonder what will happen to the "administrators" of the fake facebook page?

The reason he plays dumb really well is....well, you know!

If angel joe is wondering what will happen to the admin of the FB page, I have a suggestion. I say we cheer them. They are raising funds for a library that is barely functional due to funding issues and poor management. What has any of the Selectmen or their hand picked hatchet lady done to promote the library? Anyone? The correct answer is NOTHING.

Yep, we should cheer the admin of the Wareham Free Library page on FB. That is FB, not FBI Angel Joe.

(back to the conspiracy)

#91 2010-01-26 16:27:14

What amazes me are the wonderful comments we are getting about our library on the Facebook page. It shows how highly people think of the library. And so many students who spent many an afternoon have signed on. We have young and old and people from all over the country and even people from other countries supporting a library.

If I was the Town Administrator, BoS, or Acting Library Director, I would be so PROUD that one of the town's departments has been so highly praised and is so highly respected as an institution.

#92 2010-01-26 16:35:22

Larry, that quote from Angel Josephine had me laughing for a good straight hour.

Look, all I know is if Bobo's stupidity is just an act, then get him an Oscar!!!

#93 2010-01-26 18:11:53

Nora, Go Go Go!!! Great idea to shoot for 2010..and make it an annual thing, wag the dog....use your brains..save the back aches..

Yup, Bobo you play dumb real well..is that method acting?

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com