#1 2010-01-21 20:04:42

Please check out becoming a fan of the library on Facebook.   Let's see if we can get 1000 fans before the end of January.  It is almost 300 now!  Those that wish to donate towards purchasing books thru Facebook make you checks out to the Friends of the Wareham Free Library and send to 59 Marion Rd., Wareham 02571.  It's our library lets show how much we care about it.
Priscilla Porter

Last edited by emma6782 (2010-01-21 20:39:26)

#2 2010-01-22 07:32:02

Just checked and we have 345 fans!!!  We have a commitment for $1 per fan. Anyone wanting to match that? Anyone want to make a penny on the dollar donation? Ten cents on the dollar? Make your checks out to Friends of the WFL.

Since we were told we can't have book sales (1. we are "uncooperative" 2. there is an ongoing investigation, 3. the money might not be going to "this" library 4. we don't know where the books are coming from), this is a great way to raise money this month.

We average $1000 per month from book sales. Since our fiscal year began, we have purchased $20,000 in books and materials (invoices given to the acting library director as proof that the money is indeed spent on the main library). But the library budget included NO money for books and materials. In order to be certified, we need to spend 15% of the town's allotted library budget on books an materials (of course, the paperwork that was due in October must also be submitted and Pacheco has until Feb. 3 to get the legislation passed.)

So, what about it?? Pass this message to your Facebook Friends, and think about making a donation. Write the word "Facebook" in the memo line of your check.

AND MANY THANKS TO OUR SUPPORTERS!!

#3 2010-01-22 09:22:09

Nora I think you are setting the bar to low. Although it would be nice if everyone gave a dollar I think you could set the goal at $10.00 a month. Think about it that’s the price of 2 fancy coffee drinks. I have been a long time supporter of Habitat and have an auto pay of $25.00 a month. Money I don’t miss and would probably be spent on something stupid.

Not to take away from the library but Steve maybe you could set up a face book page for Damien’s for donations. I think most people would be willing to join either the friends face book page or one set up by Damien’s or both and contribute $10.00 a month to each fundraiser. $20.00 a month you know you spend that much a month on foolishness. People that have quit smoking could donate the money they no longer spend on smoking.

$10.00 or $20.00 a month, money you won’t miss. Think about how much money people spend everyday grabbing a coffee and a donut on the way to work. So buy the coffee and don’t get the donut. You can contribute the donut money and loose weight.

#4 2010-01-22 12:48:02

Marny,

Thanks for the idea, I will speak with Fr Gabe about it.

Steve

#5 2010-01-22 15:56:25

386 fans so far!! That's $386 dollars donated to the Friends for the library. Let's hit the 500 mark.

#6 2010-01-22 20:05:41

416 Fans!!!!!!!!!!  We are soooo close to 500. Please get your Friends to join the Library's Facebook Page.

#7 2010-01-23 06:12:31

441 this morning.  25 new fans overnight!!!! We only need 59 more fans to hit the 500 mark. Let's keep it going!!!

Thanks to everyone who is helping us raise money this way.

#8 2010-01-23 12:59:55

Nora,
It is a very worthwhile cause. I appreciate all you are doing in an effort to bring the positive attributes of our library system into public view!

#9 2010-01-23 13:09:13

I have to say this is one of the easiest fund raisers I've ever been part of. It sure is a lot easier than lifting boxes of books all day!!

We now have 466 Fans!!!!!!!!!!!  Come on folks, let's make it 500 today. And if we are lucky, we will find some people willing to match it. If not dollar for dollar, maybe 10 cents on the dollar.

Here is a preview of one of our February programs: Frosty the Snowman will be on hand in the Children's Room. Parents can bring their cameras and take photos and there will be a free raffle (donated by a member of the Friends) that will include books, hot cocoa, etc. We will announce the date and times later.

We also have signed up on Wareham Week's online service for non-profits and organizations where we can announce our events and such. A great way to get your info out to the community and you can update it as needed. Only $5 per week is worth it.  Here is the site: http://wareham-ma.villagesoup.com/

#10 2010-01-23 14:38:28

471!!! Come on folks, only 29 more and we hit the jackpot! (Should we try for 600???)

#11 2010-01-23 18:32:50

471...WOW...I'm glad that I am one.
Interesting what power the Friends of the Library like Nora have, huh?
Ask for something and on this site you get it!!
Watch it relate to votes in April!!

#12 2010-01-23 20:10:25

Thanks Dan, but this is a concerted effort by library Friends and staff  to get out the Fan, so to speak!!

I know we will make it to 500. And if we could get 50 states represented that would be way cool. We already have two other countries-Costa Rica and Japan. If any of you know other people out of state or out of country who could join give them a shout out!!

Edit- just took a peek and we are at 493!!

Last edited by Nora Bicki (2010-01-23 20:28:21)

#13 2010-01-23 23:11:00

I see it is now over 500!!
My sister in Ohio will be joining, I am sure. My cousin in California also.
Let's go for 700 and keep on counting!!
Good work Nora.

#14 2010-01-24 05:30:56

528 this morning!!!!!!!!!!  Let's keep it going.

#15 2010-01-24 11:45:46

570!!!  We just added North and South Carolina, Missouri, and Louisiana.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

#16 2010-01-24 13:03:33

OK...so, the face book page for the Wareham Free Library has been invaded by the troll.
He asks very foolish questions. He asks who is registered on the site as owner, who moderates, who claims they are allowed to raise money, where does the money go to, how can anyone trust that the money will go to the library, is it legal, etc.,etc., etc.
Ahh...ignorance is bliss and this is one happy fellow.
Forget abut the stupidity of the questions, my question is: what about someone who begs for money on a website that requires payment to visit. Is that entity a charity? Who donated the so called infusion of cash? Are their names available?
Well, pay attention, troll, and you will see that all of the over 550 people who have joined in the last two days, TWO days, are showing who they are. They aren't any angel joes, coaches, Paul Shooters, Pinks, Blues, Greens, or any other damn thing except people who want to save the library system, and keep people like you out of the limelight, and your asshole buddy the Chairman of the BOS out of office.
All real names....all real people.
How many have you got?

#17 2010-01-24 13:36:40

By the way, whoever is in charge of that face book page...DO NOT delete the troll's comments. Let the soon to be over 700 people who became friends to see what they are really dealing with.
700 people telling 10 people, amounts to a lot of loss advertising and subscriptions and sales of papers that are obviously not acting in the Town's best interests.
Keep the posts up...in fact...frame them and place them in a prominent box for all to see for now and forever, or until he is gone from Wareham's shadow.

#18 2010-01-24 13:41:25

Too late...I just checked and the posts have been removed. Can you retrieve them? If so, PLEASE do so everyone can read what he wrote. If you don't, he is going to take off after you with a vengeance.
Don't feed the enemy or give him ammunition.

#19 2010-01-24 14:11:32

Robert Slager I am simply asking a question. Why do you keep deleting my comments and attempting to ban me from this site? Who is running this Facebook page? It's not sanctioned by the town or the Wareham Free Library. It's being used to raise funds by the Friends of the Wareham Free Library on www.warehamobserver.com (not affiliate...d with the Wareham Observer newspaper or web site). How can people who support a library delete a question about who is running this web site? Isn't that censorship?See MoreWarehamObserver.Com - Wareham, MA
www.warehamobserver.com
Report your own Wareham news. No one else will.
3 minutes ago · Comment ·LikeUnlike · Share · Report

SLAGER THAT SITE IS FOR PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT THE LIBRARY. THIS GUY IS INSANE.

#20 2010-01-24 14:18:07

asshole
One entry found.

Main Entry: ass·hole
Pronunciation: \ˈas-ˌ(h)ōl\
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 usually vulgar : anus
2 a usually vulgar : a stupid, incompetent, or detestable person b usually vulgar : the worst place —used in phrases like asshole of the world
3. ROBERT SLAGER

#21 2010-01-24 14:38:22

GWB

I'm willing to bet Mr. Slager ends up posting some type of opinionated smear piece on his website by the end of the day. This man is truly a virus intent on trying to destroy anything positive that is done by people who he doesn't support. I mean really who could really give two shits about who started the facebook page the fact is that some one did and it is already doing well. It is even more impressive to me that someone has decided to pledge money for every fan that they bring on board. That was a very stand up thing to do. April can't come soon enough.

#22 2010-01-24 14:48:17

You are no doubt right, but it won't make any difference since no one reads the tacky tabloid.  Well, except the TFHC!!  People come to this site for news, and to REAL newspapers such as the Courier, the ST and Wareham Week.

#23 2010-01-24 15:30:21

GWB

It didn't take long There is a bile filled article on his site already.

#24 2010-01-24 15:42:14

That's what I was afraid of. Put the damn posts back up so everyone can see what he originally wrote, if at all possible.
Please.

#25 2010-01-24 15:50:35

We've got Ohio, Arizona and Mississippi!! That's 626 fans.

#26 2010-01-24 15:52:41

I just read the troll's rant.
I'm not surprised.

#27 2010-01-24 15:58:49

Dan, please don't bother about it and don't read the tabloid. We are still going strong. We are doing a good thing by raising money for a library that has not one extra penny in its budget. All the money is spent on the library and we have turned over our paid invoices to the acting director as requested.  He can't spoil a good thing which is clear from the fact that we keep adding fans.

#28 2010-01-24 15:58:57

Jesus Christ, does that fat ugly bastard have anything better to do on a Sunday than to write a 10 page expose about a facebook page?  If you ask me, that butt ugly piece of garbage deserves to be banned because of his crusade to destroy the library with his non-stop lies and bullshit.

What is it a slow newsweek?  Sweet Brucey is busy slurping up pina coladas on a Mexican beach and the rest of the select-dummies can't talk without their puppetmaster so this dildo has to dump shit on a friggin facebook page?

Get a life Bobo the Assface.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-01-24 16:04:03)

#29 2010-01-24 16:02:40

I posted above before reading Nora's request to ignore Bobo.  I'll try to further ignore the Brucey bitch on this issue from now on, but this guy is truly a useless dirtbag with way too much time on his hands.

If he ever wants to know who destroyed the library, he should point his ugly face toward a mirror. 

'Nuff said.

#30 2010-01-24 16:05:23

Here is one of his posts on Face book ( Wareham Free Library site earlier today)

"Robert Slager Why was the thread about who is running this site deleted? Do people who support the Wareham Free Library also support freedom of speech? I asked a simple question. Who is running this site? It's not the town of Wareham or the Wareham Free library? Why would you delete such a question?
2 hours ago · Report"

I'd like to get the first post to put it up here for all to see. The previous post is still up for anyone to read.
Good job restoring it. Thank you.

#31 2010-01-24 18:59:54

Printer-friendly format
Member Opinions:
By: viking on 1/24/10
i'm curious, when the town and library claim they have no money, why is there a face book page for an official town department?

did the town create a facebook department? how much money is this costing the taxpayers?

Oh My head. First of all I thought everyone knew that a facebook page is a free service. Worry about the hundreds of thousands of unnecessary dollars spent on legal fees. This is why people should be supporting a library and not try to destroy it because of idiotic statements like this and journalists who can't spell earth

#32 2010-01-24 19:01:28

how many employees are employed on the taxpayer dime in this new department? this is outrageous!!!!

Yes the town has a facebook dept now

Oh my head

#33 2010-01-24 19:03:31

By: robertslager on 1/24/10
I spoke to selectman Brenda Eckstrom, who is the board's liason to the library and the trustees, and she said the town knew nothing about this Facebook page. In my opinion, this Facebook page is a scam. I plan to speak with acting library director Marcia Griswold and Town Administrator Mark Andrews about it tomorrow.

Asking Brenda a library question? Insert joke here

#34 2010-01-24 19:04:41

By: angel-joe on 1/24/10
The IG has power of electronic surveillance for this site .. Just guessing.

Another village idiot speaks

#35 2010-01-24 19:10:07

IG, FBI,CIA, FDA, FCC,DOT,ABC...etc., etc., etc.

#36 2010-01-24 19:27:35

If you read the use agreement when you sign up for facebook, it states that you cannot go onto anyone's page and harrass them in any fashion. This includes individuals and groups. He violated that usage agreement. He may end up having his fb page revoked for his actions.

#37 2010-01-24 19:31:56

"People are being tricked into joining an unofficial Wareham Free Library Facebook page being run by people who won’t identify themselves. These “fans” are being fooled into becoming targets for financial solicitation from a group that considers itself private and won’t share its financial records with anyone."

liar liar pants on fire.....

#38 2010-01-24 19:33:17

Let me get this straight.  A private donor said he or she would donate a dollar for every friend that the page gets, and that is a scam? 

The facebook friends aren't asked to donate anything, they just click onto becoming the page's friend and the anonymous donor has agreed to donate a dollar everytime the page gets a new friend...and Bobo thinks that's a scam.

Bobo, are you going to take the anonymous donor's place and donate a dollar for every friend out of your pocket?  Ooops I mean from your wife's purse because you're a jobless unemployable loser?  No, of course you won't, you don't even pay your rent deadbeat.

Bobo, you're a dumbass dipshit.

#39 2010-01-24 19:34:19

I am HAMATRON5000...

#40 2010-01-24 19:41:06

IHATESLAGER wrote:

By: robertslager on 1/24/10
I spoke to selectman Brenda Eckstrom, who is the board's liason to the library and the trustees, and she said the town knew nothing about this Facebook page. In my opinion, this Facebook page is a scam. I plan to speak with acting library director Marcia Griswold and Town Administrator Mark Andrews about it tomorrow.

Asking Brenda a library question? Insert joke here

You plan "to speak with them," Bobo?? Oh, great..we have Bobo telling our TA (and Griz) what they should be "attending to"...Are you just going to ask their opinions about it, Bobo??..or are you planning to point out the "outrage" of it??

Bobo, go screw up Halifax..

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-01-24 20:10:49)

#41 2010-01-24 19:44:24

P-SPAN, maybe while Brucey is in Mexico his lackey stands in for him?  Although I always thought Bobo was a lackey to the rest of the BOS too though.

Know what's funny?  A guy that uses office space for months, skips out on his landlord, stiffs him with a $5600 rent bill, never pays it, even many months later he still makes no effort to pay it and says "well he shoulda had me sign somethin'!" has the audacity to talk about scams.  If he wants to report scams he should report himself.

#42 2010-01-24 20:53:51

Slager, PISS OFF!

#43 2010-01-24 21:22:08

How about some good news?? We now have 739 fans on Facebook!!!  27 states plus DC and three countries--Japan, Costa Rica and Germany. We are taking it global!!

What kind of people could say this is a bad thing?

#44 2010-01-24 21:26:09

The same kind of people that think Wareham is a giant conspiracy and a jumble of initials (TBW, CBW, AFLCIO, WWM, BTCF)

People, enough is enough...WE are the CEO's of Wareham. If we don't like what they are doing, we should tell them. If they don't listen, we have the power of Town meeting and the election in April.

#45 2010-01-24 22:10:31

from 2nights chat....
"By: robertslager on 1/24/10
Mike, they're not soliticing on Facebook. They are directing people to the Facebook page on the hate site, suggesting all new "fans" donate money to the Friends and ask other fans to do the same. The Facebook page is not sanctioned by the town. People are being asked to become friends of this fake Facebook page as a means to solicit money from them for a private corporation that would share financial records with anyone. From this viewpoint, this is highly unethical and possibly illegal."

liar liar pants on fire.... NOWHERE is there a suggestion for new fans to donate money..

comprehension skills 0.....

#46 2010-01-24 22:15:13

in the sory today he states...."These people are already sitting on nearly $1 million."

in 2nights chat he says...
"By: robertslager on 1/24/10
The Friends and the Wareham Library Foundation are sitting on nearly $1.5 million while the library has no money for books. Can anyone explain that to me?

which dollar amount is? did they spend 500k in a couple of hours???

#47 2010-01-24 22:26:29

As usual, the fat ass lies.  A donor said he/she would donate a dollar for every person that becomes a facebook friend.  Basically, all they donate is their virtual friendship - the anonymous donor is the one donating the dollar.

Look, screw this, the fat ass is just trying to distract everyone from the selectmen violating the open meeting law 14 times.  I don't think Bobo grasps the severity of the situation because he can't count that high.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-01-24 22:27:24)

#48 2010-01-25 00:18:25

OK...here is one of his first posts. I found it under comments. I know there is a much more vicious one that he wrote, but, apparently that has gone to LaLa land, along with the writer.
Best thing that can happen to be able to show people what this guy is really about.
Words will come back to bite him...his own words.
You'll notice the usual spelling and grammatical errors, proving who the writer is...

Post #1Robert Slager wrote11 hours ago
"I have a question for the moderator. This Facebook page is not sanctioned by the town of Wareham nor the Wareham Free Library. Who is this Facebook page registered to, and who is serving as the moderator? If you are raising funds, perhaps that should be made clear. Are funds raised through this Facebook page going dire...ctly to the library or will those funds be ditributed by the unknown person who registered this page? What assurances can you give that such funds will reach the Wareham Free Library and not be used for something else?"

#49 2010-01-25 00:25:15

WHAT AN ASSCLOWN!

#50 2010-01-25 00:28:20

Nearly 800 fans so far!!!
WOW!!!
Maybe 1000 is too low a number?
Thank you to all of the elitist hate bloggers and friends that made this possible.
Thank you to Nora and others that  must remain anonymous for your hard work and great success.
You should all be proud.
I know that I am proud of you.
Maybe there should be another movement: Give Back The Libraries!!!
Take it away from the political interference that has permeated this Town for so long.
I know I am preaching to the choir, but, in order to save the libraries, you must regain control.
Look at how successful you have been gathering fans.
The people of Wareham will always support their libraries. Always have and always will.
Congratulations on a job well done...and it isn't even done yet!!

#51 2010-01-25 02:07:58

IHATESLAGER wrote:

By: angel-joe on 1/24/10
The IG has power of electronic surveillance for this site .. Just guessing.

Another village idiot speaks

Betty, the Slager gang just called, they thought their village idiot was missing but we told them we found you.  You can go home now.

#52 2010-01-25 02:11:31

Have you ever read Betty's interpretation of the slavery issue in Wareham.
Fascinating that a woman, who is white, is so pompous as to believe that anyone would take her seriously about how the Cape Verdean community has suffered in Wareham.
History is not her strong suit.

#53 2010-01-25 06:44:43

Good Morning!!!  We now have 791 fans and we added South Dakota!!!! 

Let's keep this going. The Friends of the WFL, whose sole purpose is to raise money to support the WFL, can hardly raise money for the WFL without mentioning its name!!!

So, get your friends to become a FAN of the WFL Face Book page so the two donors, can donate to the Friends. The FB site has been up for almost a year. The Friends have been a "part" of the WFL since 1977 when it originally formed, according to the paperwork we have.  The library has benefited over the years from the largess of the Friends' benefactors. Any attempts to demonize us will fail. So, let's keep our focus  positive and on the library!!

Thanks to all of you for being part of this wonderful effort.

#54 2010-01-25 08:42:16

My God!  Bobo the Assclown can't spell "directly" either?!  Bobo, stop bashing libraries and get your ass to one and start studying immediately!!!

#55 2010-01-25 09:35:17

SLAGER YOU ARE A PIECE OF SHIT.LET THE LIBRARY ALONE ,ONE PERSON WILL BE GIVING THE MONEY TO MATCH THE PEOPLE JOING THE FACE BOOK PAGE, AND I AM SURE THIS INDIVUDAL KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING ,NORA IS AN EDUCATED PERSON AND  SO ARE ALL  THE FREINDS , YOU ARE A JOKE AND  AN ASS HOLE YOU WRITE FOR WAREHAM S IDIOTS, SHOVE IT UP YOUR  ASS.

#56 2010-01-25 09:57:29

There is one very important thing that comes out of his article. It looks like people with the last name of McDonald are big fans of the library. Most people with the last name of McDonald are insatiable readers. There have been numerous studies linking reading to successful careers. There are also studies that link reading to increase in comprehension skills.

To all those McDonald's who joined the FB page, thank you.

#57 2010-01-25 10:03:41

SLAGER DOES IT TAKE ANY  EFFORT TO BE AN ASSHOLE OR DO YOU COME BY IT NATURELY ,WHY DO YOU HATE WORK SO MUCH,WHY DID YOU MOVE TO MASS. DID YOU HAVE TO MOVE OUT OF CAL. IN A HURRY, DID YOU HAVE TROUBLE WITH THE LAW.DID YOUR DADDEY TELL YOU TO GET OUT OF CAL. BECAUSE YOU ARE SUCH A DISAPOIMENT TO HIMAND YOU ARE SUCH AN UGLY BASTARD THAT HE COULD NOT STAND TO LOOK AT YOU,DID YOU STEAL MONEY FROM YOUR FATHERAND LIE ABOUT IT,WE ALL KNOW YOU ARE SUCH A LIAR..WELL MASS. GOT SCREWD WHEN YOU MOVED OUT HERE AND CAL. LUCKED OUT WHEN YOU MOVED OUT HERE. SLAGER  SLAGER SUCH A LIAR,ASS HOLE.

#58 2010-01-25 11:48:19

ihateliz...another reticent poster...

#59 2010-01-25 11:59:36

Well over 800 and counting.
We just added Washington, D.C. with my daughter-in-law.

#60 2010-01-25 14:01:35

910 fans!!! We'll make 1000 easy. But it's the comments people are making about the library that is so rewarding and heartwarming. Many of the fans are graduates of the high school. So impressive.

One of the functions of Friends groups is to promote the library. SEMLS (Southeastern Mass Library Systems) advocates using the most current technology (facebook, twitter etc.) as a resource. They are giving a course in it now on the Cape. I think we have been successful. In fact, we've been asked about this project to explain how it can be used by other libraries as a model for community outreach. How cool is that??!!!

The Friends have been part of the Wareham Free Library since it opened its doors in 1991. We have always worked well with all administrations, town administrators, library staff and directors in the past.

#61 2010-01-25 14:04:33

By: angel-joe on 1/25/10
What would be the charges be for "impersonating" a registered website? That is not a REAL Facebook account. It is JUST a web page. ..

So, what would the federal charges be for that? Seriously?

BOBO CAN YOU SPELL N U T?

#62 2010-01-25 14:11:57

BOBO NOW HAS A WAREHAMOBSERVER FB PAGE. BLOCK PEOPLE BLOCK HIM. HE HAS STALKED PEOPLE ALREADY POSTING QUOTES FROM THEIR FB COMMENTS. I SEE HE HAS TEN FRIENDS INCLUDING ANGEL JOE AKA BETTY RODERICK. BLOCK !!!!

#63 2010-01-25 16:48:23

963!! I see a retired French teacher from the high school has become a fan. She's in her 80s and loves to read. The library has been one of her favorite places and she has spent many hours there. The library serves all ages!! What a great way to bring the community together!!

#64 2010-01-25 20:28:25

Over 1,000. Almost 1100 and counting. In how many days?
Those 1100 people tell two people and they tell two people and on and on and on.
Where does it stop?
Why should it stop?
It will stop when the troll gets the Chairman of the BOS to write the Trustees and Friends of the Library, via the TA, and tell them to cease and desist until the Chairman of the BOS returns to Town from his missionary mission to Mexico and Haiti and decrees that he will decide what to do, and only him.
Don't think it won't be tried.
Let's get 2,000 fans before the end of the month and show them who the people of Wareham support and respect.

#65 2010-01-25 20:28:57

BOBO HAS TEN FRIENDS!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com