#1 2010-01-19 20:12:24

You can use Google search to find instances of the use of various insults and foul language on the warehamobserver.com site.  Here are a few of the results from such a search:

shit                  1030
asshole               365
dumbass            346
douchebag         124
bagel biter           92
tacky tabloid        60

I have personally never found insults and foul language to be a useful weapon in furthering my goals.  I think the reason is that such language, although it may initially shock, never seems to embarrass or intimidate the target.  Instead, it usually results in similar insults being thrown back in my direction.  In addition, I lose the support of those who are offended by such language.   Since the language doesn’t have the desired effect of changing anyone’s mind, I just end up feeling frustrated and powerless.  What might I do instead?  Some counsel forgiveness.  Why?  Because doing so is empowering.  It empowers us because it is our choice.  It empowers us because it frees us to focus our energy on things that will actually cause the change we desire.

How do you reach a place where you can forgive someone who has injured you?  By realizing that underneath, we are all humans with the same needs.  It is just that some people do hateful things because they don’t make good choices trying to satisfy those needs.  Forgiveness doesn’t mean we accept the things people do that are wrong.  Forgiveness doesn’t mean we work any less to change what is unjust.  It just means that we don’t waste time and bad feelings directing that energy in a useless direction.

#2 2010-01-19 20:13:54

HUH?

#3 2010-01-19 21:08:05

mr i can see your point... my personal feeling is just like when i was a kid i can not accept the do as i say not as i do motto..
yes there some ppl on this site who use not so kid friendly words note i said some but the owner editor of this site doesnt preach civil and no nastiness then moderate and put those same types of comments thru on his site from many of the MWF ppl who also preach open, civil, and mature dialogue..

its the pot calling the kettle black and i feel EVERYONE has a right to see just exactly what many of these MWF ppl and their supporters(slager) are really saying.. yes there will always be the "wilder" ones in a group but noone ever said they were perfect like the MWF has led us all to believe.. for me personally its about respect..

YOU GET WHAT YOU GIVE!!!! my grandpa always said

#4 2010-01-19 22:45:28

See if we can add to Mr. Onset's post: Mr. Onset, it appears, is a dumbass douchebag that has shit for brains...an asshole that follows his bagel biter tacky tabloid writer's every instructions. He is a shit-bum (new one!)
In my opinion, of course.

#5 2010-01-20 08:18:34

LOVE IT DAN

#6 2010-01-20 08:36:06

I have said before, put them all into a paper bag, shake it up, empty it..and only one comes out.
Mindless individuals that follow what they consider to be a charismatic and courageous leader who in reality is a delusional, self serving, narcissistic, hedonistic, lazy, ignorant failure.
I don't believe anyone on this site elected the slate of incompetents that occupy the BOS.
We'll see after April what everyone has to say.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com