#1 2010-01-08 16:04:47

THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAVE HAPPENDED TO ROBERT SLAGER IS TO HAVE THE IG'S OFFICE INVESTIGATE THE LIBRARY. WHY? BECAUSE WHEN THE STATE AGENCY FINDS NOTHING (BECAUSE IT NEVER HAPPENDED) WHAT WILL SLAGER SAY THEN? I SAY WHEN THE IG'S OFFICE COMES BACK WITH NOTHING SLAGER SHOULD CLOSE SHOP AND GO BACK TO HALIFAX. WHAT DO YOU SAY BOBO? BECAUSE AFTER THAT WHERE DOES HE GO? WHAT DOES HE WRITE ABOUT THEN? HE WILL BE PROVEN A LIAR.

#2 2010-01-08 22:39:48

BoBo is the master of spin.  He will never stop printing the untruth regardless of what the IG finds. Now that there is a new paper in town, BoBo will no longer control the flow of information through out Wareham.  It is not a happy day for BoBo, the BOS and their lackeys.

#3 2010-01-08 23:31:31

Given the fact that there never -has -been- never- will- be any evidence in support of a WFL "scandal", we should be happy that the State Cavalry(aka  Inspector General's Office) has made off with the dullest collection of papers they've ever been asked to examine. 

Here's Bobo's "escape route" when the IG reports that there's nothing there:  "I will go to jail......indeed, I will go before a firing squad before I betray the hallowed values of my profession and reveal the names of my sources.  Although  I am pained by their reluctance to come forward, my professionalism demands that I respect their decision, which is based upon a legitimate fear for the safety of themselves and their families.....for...make no mistake about it...we are dealing with hardened criminals."   It would be sad except that it's so funny.

#4 2010-01-09 01:35:19

Wouldn't there be some type of punishment for filing a false claim?  I think his lack of a newspaper would make his right to not reveal his sources, null and void.  One can only hope.

#5 2010-01-09 07:55:57

Bornof makes a good point about a false claim.  Is anyone else sick of this drama?  There is no library conspiracy. That shouldn't be news.

#6 2010-01-09 08:48:44

How does this all end?  Conspiracy or not, corruption or not, multiple town departments involved or not -- this doesn't neccessarily end after this investigation no matter what they find or what they don't find.

Are lawsuits files by individual town employees for defemation of character?  Will some claim that privacy laws have been violated? 

Will this result in some key town employees leaving their jobs or getting fired; creating major voids in some critical town departments that provide critical services?

Will the town get pulled into more legal tangling; pulling funds from already strapped areas of the budget to pay for lawyers?

Either way, this is a mess.  The investigation may seem on the surface to be an "all in, show your cards" conclusion to this but I don't see how this end in a clean way.

#7 2010-01-09 12:41:10

The only "corruption" in Wareham is in the truly corrupt and delusional mind of one individual who has fashioned an "off the chart" preposterous story  that he never says he believes himself but which he attributes to people we know do not exist. The last thing in the world this individual wants is for his bluff to be called. When his non existent people  don't come forward, he will, like a stage performing "prestidigitator", divert our attention to his courageous protection of  these people who don't exist and make a plea for other non existent people to come forward. Then, when the paper search fails to find any hint of a $3,000,000 embezzlement scheme he'll whine that the BOS didn't change the locks fast enough. Oh my head!

The only regret I have about the rescue team from the Office of the Inspector General swooping in on us on Monday is that I didn't hear of  it in time to have them led in by a bagpiper in full kilt.

#8 2010-01-09 13:07:18

He is like a broken record and predictable.

#9 2010-01-09 14:16:17

BREAKING NEWS: 

Ham has learned that the mall will be bringing in a new burger joint called "Five Guys Burgers and Fries."

In a related story, Bobo the Dumbass will open up a new bagel shop called "One Guy Tells Lots of Lies."

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com