#66 2010-01-07 21:25:42

bornofwareham wrote:

I'm getting my luggage out as we speak!

No kidding. Dan sounds like he's describing Gilligan's Island. I'm due for a "three hour tour"..(just point me in the direction of Ginger and Maryann ; )

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#67 2010-01-07 21:30:15

I totally agree with Larry about who should serve on the Board of Selectmen.
Business experience and management experience are an absolute MUST.
Leadership is made, not born, and one has to experience management before one can manage. One must learn to follow before one leads. Experience in business, as well as life, is all important in having a responsible and compassionate representative in government.

#68 2010-01-07 21:36:05

Two great points:

1 - Attitude / Branding - I see this quite often working with organizations, particularly those that cannot afford to cut back on the backs of the employees. Working with these organizations, A - your attitude is left at the door or you are shown the door. B- The branding must be that of a group that is co-operative and welcoming to the customers. In our case business people need to be shown the welcome mat, and make it very clear that Wareham as a town is a great place to locate your business. It's not that difficult when the goal is the same for everyone involved.

2 - Expansion Planning - If point #1 above can be accomplished, business would come here and set up shop. Most business people will ask to see our plan for economic development before investing in our community, no plan and they will just move along to the next town.

This area provides for many opportunities, our focus needs to be attracting revenue and getting people to spend money on this side of the bridge. and we will do that moving forward.

#69 2010-01-07 21:37:51

I'm going in to practice Mario Brothers.
For anyone who has Wii and has the Tiger Wood 2010 game, I will let you know I am currently on tour for the 2011 Fedex Cup. I won the 2009, and 2010 Fedex Cup and I have $4, 600,00.00 and counting.
My sponsors pay me $21,000.00 per round on the tour.
Lots of fun for golfers.
Keep up the great work everyone. For those who forgot that Steve asked us to post tonight, don't worry. There will be many more nights and days ahead.

#70 2010-01-07 21:42:02

Thanks for the  great discussion, I think it's time to go downstairs and catch the game. Dan good luck with the Mario's game. Sean just got Wii for Christmas.

Looking forward to our next chat.

Talk soon.

Steve

#71 2010-01-07 21:58:51

Good night DanO, give 'em hell, Tiger!!

As usual, Steve and Larry, "you's guys" have accurately diagnosed the ailments, and presented some remedies. Maybe you (both) should run for office ; )

..and Steve, if that guy's willing to help right this ship in any way..get him on board!!

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#72 2010-01-08 06:11:04

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/touristseason.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#73 2010-01-08 08:27:20

The new BOS in April will hopefully begin work on a "master plan" for Wareham.
It has happened before, but the plan was not adhered to.
April 6, 2010....

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com