#1 2009-12-31 16:08:43

wareham will pay big time, the rumors are swirling all over town , brenda and her buddy railroaded the lt

Last edited by ihateliz (2010-01-09 09:59:36)

#2 2009-12-31 17:41:36

I thought police Lt.'s were on duty 24/7 - uniform or street clothes.  The town lost a good officer.     Maybe Mr. Tucy could sue Brenda and Bindas for damages, lost income, etc..

Even if this is just a rumor, I would love to see Mr. Tucy take them to task.  Jail is too good for them.

#3 2009-12-31 18:53:08

close born, but you need to remember that police officers are people with rights also. You don't leave your rights at the front door of town hall when hired as an officer. You have a responsibility to react and protect the town at all times, but it in no way means that you are on duty 24/7. If so the town better start paying them for 24 hrs a day or they will be in violation of the fair labor standard act, which is very very clear. From what I hear Lt. Bliss has done his homework as he always did and has legal documents from many years ago from the state ethics department allowing him to sell alarms even in the town of Wareham.  Do not believe everything you read or here, Lt. Bliss earned himself a hardworking proud career over the last twenty some on years, it was not just given to him.  He is not as dumb or careless as the BOS and ITA would want you to think.  You have to admit it is just a little strange even to the biggest skeptic that  Lt. has been a police officer for over 20 years and has been selling alarms as a second job to help support his wife and three children for around 15 yrs.  And the only customer that has ever made a complaint is Lisa Bindas three years after her alarm was installed by one of the crews from intercity alarms, Very strange timing don't you think??????????????????    It will be over very soon and from what I hear it will be made very public to all who want to know the truth and not the spin!!!!

#4 2009-12-31 19:44:22

simplelogic1 wrote:

close born, but you need to remember that police officers are people with rights also. You don't leave your rights at the front door of town hall when hired as an officer. You have a responsibility to react and protect the town at all times, but it in no way means that you are on duty 24/7. If so the town better start paying them for 24 hrs a day or they will be in violation of the fair labor standard act, which is very very clear. From what I hear Lt. Bliss has done his homework as he always did and has legal documents from many years ago from the state ethics department allowing him to sell alarms even in the town of Wareham.  Do not believe everything you read or here, Lt. Bliss earned himself a hardworking proud career over the last twenty some on years, it was not just given to him.  He is not as dumb or careless as the BOS and ITA would want you to think.  You have to admit it is just a little strange even to the biggest skeptic that  Lt. has been a police officer for over 20 years and has been selling alarms as a second job to help support his wife and three children for around 15 yrs.  And the only customer that has ever made a complaint is Lisa Bindas three years after her alarm was installed by one of the crews from intercity alarms, Very strange timing don't you think??????????????????    It will be over very soon and from what I hear it will be made very public to all who want to know the truth and not the spin!!!!

TIME OUT  !!!!        Let me correct my statement.  I meant that they are there to protect us, uniform or not.  Meaning that if they see a mugger who is attacking someone and they are off duty, they would be expected to go after the mugger.   The men and women on the Wareham Police Dept. do that a lot - it's second nature to them.  No thought that they are off duty, they just do it.  I am proud of almost every officer in Wareham.

My statement about the Lt.'s being on "duty" 24/7 is because they are often called at home to come in when something terrible has happened - shooting, stabbing.    This is again, meaning they are still a Lt. or Chief whether they are in or out of uniform.  When I read that Ms. Bindas stated that the Lt. was at her house in uniform and on police time, it was that statement that made me write about them being on duty 24/7, maybe coming off shift and still in his uniform.

I am afraid you think I am in some way against Lt. Bliss.  I AM NOT.  I have known this man and his wife and children for many, many years.  I have absolutely nothing bad to say about Donald Bliss.  I know that he has been a hard worker and has provided well for his family.  I don't know of anyone calling him dumb or careless and if they did in my presence I would have set them straight.  I was very angry that the town would not work out an agreement with Donnie, just to get him back on the force.  I ranted to anyone that would listen that we were losing a veteran officer who knows the town, the people and it's problems.  I was told last summer that he would be probably back in late August, if all went well - then late October.  Still nothing, but your statement has given me hope that he will return, as he should.

Maybe someday I will have a chance to tell you a little "alarm" story that Donald and I share.  Very, very funny!

We all want to hear the truth.      Hope you understand what I meant.

Last edited by bornofwareham (2009-12-31 19:47:38)

#5 2009-12-31 20:23:39

I do Born and thank you for explaining your thoughts.  I am also Know the Lieutenant very well and agree with your assessment of him.  I have had the opportunity to to speak directly with people who sat in the hearings including Donald and I can assure you he did nothing the town or Mis Bindas has accused him of.  She never testified that he came to her house on duty,in a cruiser, or in uniform.  After being forced to come to the hearing she was actually caught in several interesting issues and misinformation the good towns people will find very interesting. She could not even remember the time, day, month, or year she purchased the alarm from Intercity Alarms. Never mind any details.  It was pathetic.  And yes she testified that a certain select person got her involved in the case.  Wow what a shock  !!

#6 2009-12-31 20:33:23

This is exactly why I can't lie.  If you do, you may not remember what you said that was a lie.  So, I just tell the truth, that way I know that what I have told to one person is the same to another person.   When I was young (very) my mother used to say to us, "If you lie, it will snowball."  I had no idea what that meant until playing in the snow a few years later.  Honest!  I realized that making a snowball and rolling it made it bigger.  I guess Brenda and Ms. Bindas' mothers didn't know that mothering rule.

#7 2009-12-31 20:57:15

simplelogic1 wrote:

I do Born and thank you for explaining your thoughts.  I am also Know the Lieutenant very well and agree with your assessment of him.  I have had the opportunity to to speak directly with people who sat in the hearings including Donald and I can assure you he did nothing the town or Mis Bindas has accused him of.  She never testified that he came to her house on duty,in a cruiser, or in uniform.  After being forced to come to the hearing she was actually caught in several interesting issues and misinformation the good towns people will find very interesting. She could not even remember the time, day, month, or year she purchased the alarm from Intercity Alarms. Never mind any details.  It was pathetic.  And yes she testified that a certain select person got her involved in the case.  Wow what a shock  !!

SIPMLE I AGREE!!! i was there the day lisa bindas and the ITA testified they both were horrible...

#8 2009-12-31 21:30:06

As my mother used to say, "it will all come out in the wash." And, I can hardly wait for those involved to be hung out on the line where we all can see what material they are made of.  They will be tattered shreds when the wind blows true.

Lt. Bliss is a hard working, dedicated officer and a detective who knows full well how to investigate, uncover, and document so that he has reliable and credible information to substantiate his every action. 

There will be so much that will be revealed, it will make your head spin. Simplelogic is obviously in the know and what he is saying is right on target.

Ms Bindas and Ms Ekstrom's testimony will be public record. We'll all be able to access the testimony, soon.

#9 2009-12-31 21:36:00

And Born of, yes, Mr. Tucy should sue for interferance with his right to do business. I'm sure he'd win. It's shameful, pure shameful that this person who lives on Maple Springs Road took her frustrations out on someone other than the person who is really to blame........ her real estate agent for not disclosing the nature of the neighborhood.
And, the buyer should have done her homework before purchasing the home. Pure stupidity on her part. If you don't want to live near cranberry bogs and all that they entail, then don't buy a house near a bog. How stupid can you be?

#10 2010-01-01 14:35:40

brockton brenda worst selectman ever

Last edited by ihateliz (2010-01-09 10:00:12)

#11 2010-01-01 16:54:31

How much is this litigation of Lt. Bliss costing the taxpayers? I believe they are using Atty. Torres as special counsel, correct? It should be easy then to see how much he has charged for his services on this case. And shouldn't he have told the bos that without a solid witness and solid evidence, the town would lose, so the case should have been dropped? Is this the kind of lawyer we want to spend our tax dollars on? Maybe he did tell the bos that. You know how they are about taking advice from their lawyers.

The cost of litigation in Wareham, especially for cases the town keeps losing, such as the Bob Bliss case, the library, Swift's Beach, now this case is staggering.

This is another reason why we have to TAKE BACK WAREHAM.

#12 2010-01-01 16:57:18

Atty Torres seems to be incompetent.  What does Taunton think??

#13 2010-01-01 22:57:59

Is Atty Torres a part of K&P?  He is not listed on their page of atty's here:  http://www.k-plaw.com/attorneys.htm

#14 2010-01-02 00:33:45

If we printed everything that the BOS have done to harm this town, what with legal fees, department losses, the TA's we've had, the P.T. Chief, the Maple Springs Rd. lies, and on, and on, and on, we could have it bound as a book.  No one would buy it or read it, though.

Mr. Wheeler wouldn't even be able to get his friends to publish it.  How sad.

#15 2010-01-02 01:34:43

Who the #$&* is Lisa Bindas, and when did she start running things in Wareham? She's involved (and I think, full of $#%), in Lt. Bliss' case, and it looks like she's put Mr. Tucy's (sp?) campground out of business. From what I read she's actively supporting ($$) our political bozos..and what else?? She's unhappy her property value isn't a cash cow..One of the most interesting things you learn when you start paying attention to the dysfunction in Town, are the names (behind the scenes) who are instrumental in our Town's woes. Lisa Bindas and her buddy, Brockton Brenda seem to be cut from the same cloth. Personal interests? Vendetta's?? Make buddy-buddy with a Selectman and you can write your ticket. It's not gonna last "ladies"..

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#16 2010-01-02 06:14:04

Torres does not work for K and P. He is the attorney for the town of Taunton.  I think our bos hire him when they don't like what K and P say. I still support Paulsen's idea of hiring private counsel for our town. We pay way too much on legal fees.

#17 2010-01-02 08:15:13

How can he work full time for Taunton and also work for Wareham? Is he on vacation on those days? How does that work?

Last edited by voter (2010-01-02 08:17:37)

#18 2010-01-02 09:52:15

How does our police chief work full time for North Andover and yet work here too?  I don't know about the rest of you, but it's hard enough to do one full time job well. I couldn't imagine working full time at one job and then giving my all to a part time job too.  You get what you pay for I guess.  And what kind of private life does that leave you with if you are working all the time?

#19 2010-01-02 11:52:04

voter wrote:

How can he work full time for Taunton and also work for Wareham? Is he on vacation on those days? How does that work?

Voter, you have a tone of sarcasm.  I agree: full time for Taunton and full time for North Andover --- part time attorney, part time police chief --- work for Wareham on Sundays, holidays and vacation days.  Hmmmm.........how does that work?     It works by Wareham getting the short end of the stick.

#20 2010-01-02 21:46:45

Yes, I was being sarcastic. I am also wondering if Taunton is getting what it is paying for--- is he on the clock there when he is really working for Wareham, either by being here, in court, or preparing documents?  I don't think much of what I have seen of him in action, professionally, so I have doubts, frankly.   Is it possible to give your all to the full-time job and be divided between two towns the way these men are?

Last edited by voter (2010-01-03 07:48:58)

#21 2010-01-03 02:44:21

edit..post removed

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-01-03 02:46:02)

#22 2010-01-03 13:43:30

Hey Biff, total change in the police union, why, to many personal agendas and cops should no be on this site.
Some people their talking about will be around for a while. As we should understand the politics are abound.
I have always had the reputation to tell it is. My down fall, but I never had to worry about owing the former BOS.

#23 2010-01-03 15:12:42

I am glad to hear your comments, Paul.
I know that you have never compromised your principles, and you did not tolerate incompetence. I also know you have never been intimidated and I am sure many have tried.
All of us want to hear your honest assessments of what is going on. It doesn't matter who agrees or disagrees with you...that is what these posts are for...give and take.
Everyone on this site deserves to know the truth.
I'm gad to see you back on line...

Last edited by danoconnell (2010-01-04 08:30:09)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com