#1 2009-12-21 16:12:04

Your days of running up the clock with half-assed passes are numbered.

#2 2009-12-21 17:28:43

didn't they do a good job on your street Bill? The side streets in Onset are a mess and I didn't see one sand truck!!!!

#3 2009-12-21 17:42:54

marny wrote:

didn't they do a good job on your street Bill? The side streets in Onset are a mess and I didn't see one sand truck!!!!

My neighbors are ready to ream a certain someone.

We have his name and number.

This shit has gone on too long.

#4 2009-12-21 18:22:55

I have to admit the guys in Onset usually do a GREAT job. I know it was a blizzard and the wind was blowing the snow all around. But this is the day after at least the town could send out some sand trucks. They don’t have enough money for sand trucks I wonder why? Oh yea all those STUPID STUPID law suits and don’t forget $84,000 for Mr Heaton for consulting on Westfield something those STUPID STUPID selectman knew wasn’t going to pass.

#5 2009-12-21 18:38:20

I agree the roads were a mess.  I thought it was because MM has been reduced to 3 workers.  I also thought Brenda, Cronan and sweet Brucie will blame MM for not doing a better job.  The deplorable condition of the roads is just another example of services lost because BOS members prefer to steal our tax dollars for their own personal vendettas rather than fully staff town departments.

#6 2009-12-21 18:40:15

Well Stupid Bobo has an article about how bad the roads are all the selectman are talking about it. It’s seems that it is a conspiracy from the municipal maintenance dept for laying off workers. Hello maybe they need more help!!! Let me see the selectman are getting complaints the new TA is getting complaints sounds like they spent all day pointing fingers and didn’t do anything. Here’s a thought call the contractors back get municipal maintenance on the road and FIX the problem They are going spend the next 3 days pointing fingers and nothing will get done. The incompetence is beyond belief.

#7 2009-12-21 19:09:41

marny wrote:

Hello maybe they need more help!!!

Wareham's snow removal program is a festering boil.

#8 2009-12-21 19:31:02

When you have more equipment than you have people to operate the equipment, I would say that is a direct reflection on the ITA and Selectmen. If you take the money they were overbudget on legal fees, you could have plowed the town much better.

#9 2009-12-21 21:06:46

The Board of Selectmen have a snow policy that Municipal Maintenance cannot go out until there is at least four inches of snow on the ground. Shows how little they know.
The goal of putting salt/sand down is to get it on the pavement before the snow accumulates. It keeps the snow from freezing once the snow hits the pavement. What happens when you wait until you have four inches is that the salt/sand does absolutely no good. It's too late. The snow in the bottom layer already melted when it hit the pavement and then froze as more snow arrived, so when they plow you now have ice beneath the top layer.
In a snowstorm such as we had, the goal is to get out there and push the first snow arrival back as far as you can. If you wait, then you have too much snow to push back.
Travel to NH and watch them plow snow. They are out there when the first snowflake hits the ground. By the time the snowstorm subsides the roads are perfectly clear and clean. And, they use copious amounts of sand/salt at the begiining of the storm.
And everyone here is right on target. If we didn't have the legal bills, there would be plenty of money for all the things we need. A half million dollars would have provided the town with staff for the library and town municipal maint. workers. Instead, K& P will be spending the winter in the Bahamas, on us.
Our street only got plowed by a small pick up truck who went down the middle one time. Thankfully we have a gentleman who owns a truck with a plow and after every snowstorm, he goes out and plows our road and opens it up wider, cleans the edges of everyone driveway from where the town plow leaves a ridge, and he makes sure the kids have a safe place to wait for the bus, further back from the road. He also cleans the drains so when the snow melts, it has somewhere to go. He is our neighborhood hero.

#10 2009-12-21 21:23:40

How many snow plow drivers could have been hired with the thousands and thousands of dollars flushed down the toilet on an audit confirmed by the DA as a blogger witchhunt?

#11 2009-12-21 22:35:35

I guess we all need to put the messy streets into the hands of our power hungry selectmen.  Sorry, Bill if you had an individual that gave you a problem.  I only saw the state on 28 one time, sanding and salting before the snow.  Then I was sick & in bed through the whole blizzard.  Some of the plowers are definately sleep deprived in big storms and other's I have no explantion for.

#12 2009-12-21 22:49:53

"They're playing with your lives now"..

1...WHY AFTER THE FISCAL YEAR WAS OVER WERE THOSE MM WORKERS NOT PUT BACK ON PAYROLL????

"If Mark Gifford doesn’t have enough self-respect to resign, the good people of Wareham should demand his resignation. Municipal Maintenance put your lives at risk. There is no greater violation of the public trust than that."

2....THE ITA SHOULD HAVE HIRED THE MM WORKERS BACK AFTER THE FISCAL YEAR WHY ARE YOU NOT CALLING FOR HI RESIGNATION????

3....THE CURRENT BOS -CRUZ PUT MY DAUGHTER AND COUNTLESS CHILDREN IN WAREHAM AT RISK FROM PREDATORS.....WHY NOT CALL FOR THEM TO RESIGN???

4...COLEMAN HIT A WOMAN WITH A CRIMEWATCH CAR WHY NOT ASK HIM TO RESIGN????

5... COACH TP SAYS HE WILL LET A MAN FALL AND NOT HELP HIM WITH HIS YOUNG DAUGHTER IN EAR SHOT THE BRAGS ABOUT THE INCIDENT WHY DONT YOU CALL FOR HIM TO RESIGN...

6......PPL IN YOUR CHATROOM CONTINUE TO DEFAME AND CALL PLL UN"CIVIL"IZED NAMES EVEN THOUGH THE RULES ARE CLEAR WHY ARE THEY NOT BANNED??

I HAVE AN IDEA WE SHOULD ALL KEEP THE EMAILS, PAPERS, AND CHAT BLOGS TO GIVE TO THE FAMILY AND LET THEM MAKE THEIR DECISION ON THE KIND OF MAN(HEHEHE) SORRY THAT ALWAYS MAKES ME LAUGH HE IS..........

#13 2009-12-22 00:48:29

With this much snow, where do you put it?

#14 2009-12-22 09:03:33

mature...  Once the snow is packed down like it is now and things will soon be turning to ice wouldn't this be a good time to put sand down to help stop cars from crashing into each other? Do they only sand before the storm?

#15 2009-12-22 10:01:37

Bobo the Brainless wrote: It's unclear if Municipal Maintenance hired outside contractors to assist in their efforts.

Christ on iceskates, and no remorse for those offended, including good friends who probably won't speak to me anymore.

Municipal Maintenance always hires outside contractors in situations like this. That's why its snow removal budget is always an in-the-hole joke, a rotten joke at our expense.

Anyone remember  the year (2005?) we got no snow and trucks were called out in March for a flurry to shovel asphalt for four hours? No, I am not kidding.

Yesterday, they were cruising Gibbs Ave with their blades up, shoveling snow banks into plowed driveways ALL FUCKING AFTERNOON. I tell you, that was some fun.

Never mind the blame. Let's fix the problem, ok?

#16 2009-12-22 10:40:54

Terrific. Now Bobo's sentence reads:  "It's unclear if Muncipal Maintenance hired outside contractors to assist in their efforts or how many contractors may have been hired."

Last edited by billw (2009-12-22 10:41:11)

#17 2009-12-22 11:00:04

Does Bobo the Fabricator ever write a story and stick to it? Of course not! As his lies are pointed out, he makes changes! I understand Mr. Andrews was out and about yesterday with Municipal Maint and surveyed the situation. Instead of using the tactic of Bobo and the Selectmen, he is trying to fix issues without saying "Not ME! or it's NOT my fault". Wow, imagine that????!!!!

#18 2009-12-22 11:42:01

billw wrote:

Terrific. Now Bobo's sentence reads:  "It's unclear if Muncipal Maintenance hired outside contractors to assist in their efforts or how many contractors may have been hired."

Bill, good thing he has your blog to refer to so he can get his stories straight!! That's changes in two different articles and it isn't even noon yet!

#19 2009-12-22 12:12:17

You have to love how our two favorite Selectmen, Bruce and Brenda, tossed Gifford and his department under the bus. How is that for leadership? Are they in tune with the financial restraints that played a part in this problem? If not, they should be! Ask them about how much of the legal bills equate to a head count in MM? People, take a good look at our elected officials. Instead of working through the TA and addressing the issues, they go straight to Bobo the Cowardly Fabricator and run their mouth. They truly show their willingness to work on the problems they have had a hand in creating!

IMO, the worst thing that has ever happened to this town was the election of these two misfits! Rude comments to citizens and town employees are just part of their plan to show us how effective their management technique is!

April cannot come soon enough!

#20 2009-12-22 14:26:10

Please do not blame the lousy job of snow removal on Mark Gifford and the Municipal Maint. dept. The TA directs Mark and tells him what he can do or not do. Trust me, if it were up to Mark, he would have called the contractors out at first snowflake. In fact, from what I understand, Mark had a meeting with the new TA and with Sanguinet on Monday and explained to them that this is what happens when you have a four inch rule. Mark is not happy with this new policy and carefully explained to both of them that this is not how you run a municipal maint. dept during a snowstorm.

Additionally, I understand that the contractors were called out shortly after midnight, were only allowed to work 4-5 hours and then sent back home due to the administrative order by the TA on how many hours they can plow. One contracter I know said that if that is the game the town is going to play, then he will no longer plow for the town. He has to pay for additional liability insurance and if the town is going to limit the hours they can plow, he won't make enough money to make it worth his while. He won't make enough to pay for the additonal insurance, let alone make a few extra dollars.

#21 2009-12-22 15:11:15

ALSO REMEMBER THAT HIS STAFF HAS BEEN CUT IN HALF. THE TOWN PROMISED THE MM WORKERS THAT THEIR JOBS WOULD BE REINSTATED IN JULY AND THEY WERE NEVER BROUGHT BACK. DONT DEAL WITH THE TOWN IT BREAKS ITS PROMISES. WHEN YOU LET THE SNOW BUILD UP TO FOUR INCHES BEFORE YOU GET PEOPLE OUT YOUR PLAYING CATCH UP THE WHOLE STORM

#22 2009-12-22 21:10:16

I have heard from many sources that Swifts Beach road is the opposite of Bobo's alcoholic papa - DRY AS CAN BE!

What do you know, Bobo?  I guess Brucey really is the Supreme Overlord of the People's Republic of Wareham after all!

#23 2009-12-22 21:23:05

You know what is funny?  A fat ugly slob aka Bobo who sits at his computer, day and night, no job, no employment, forgoes all job opportunities so he can have more time to kiss Brucey's ass, has no money of his own because he's too lazy to work ("work" to Bobo means rooting around in wifey's purse for spare change to order the 12th pizza of the day) - a lazy no-nothing, do-nothing loser like that trash talking hard working Municipal Maintenance workers - men who work hard every day, lifting heavy things, fixing things, cleaning things, mowing lawns, driving plow trucks, doing whatever dirty job that the town needs done and they aren't even paid that much.

Bobo, get a job yourself before you criticize these guys who bust their asses all day.  I know, work is a foreign concept to you, you have no idea how to build things, only how to destroy the accomplishments of others so you can feel better about your own failures and shortcomings.

#24 2009-12-22 21:48:05

I'm not sure if this would be the total reason for the sub contractors but the smaller contractors with large equipment have to carry some heavily priced insurance for each piece of equipment.  I would think most of them plowing are in the construction business and the way times are for them the work is few and far between.  I cant logically see these people gambling to see if its going to be a snowy year and keep alot of these vehicles registered and insured.  I have also plowed snow  and saturdays storm was alittle much for the guy using a pick up truck.

#25 2009-12-22 23:52:22

wareham pride wrote:

I have also plowed snow  and saturdays storm was alittle much for the guy using a pick up truck.

So have I and you're right. Yet, pick up trucks are exactly what we have ill-serving Wareham village.

At least with this storm, the sidewalk plows ignored us, preferring the easier pickings no on dares travel on foot in the middle of summer. And our lawns, shrubs and retaining walls are spared destruction until the next two inch blizzard.

Ham and Ihateslager, you apparently live off the beaten track, ignorant of the noise and irritation of shoveling the same snow and the same driveway four times. Good for you and Merry Christmas to all you other non-peasants.

So it's after 11pm, two days before Christmas in this normally tranquil neighborhood and Shaws market a half a block away has a front end loader and a bobcat destroy everyone's slumber to beat the band. Three full days after the storm. I was in bed, half asleep when the racket started and there's no end to it in sight.

What's happened to this place? No one cares anymore if multi-mega corporations reroute their helicopter air traffic low over residential neighborhoods for no rational reason, if they move their freight traffic to roads never designed for the weight and plow their lots with air horns after 11pm at night.

Screw Slager. Is it too damn much to ask you all to drop the partisan rant and address the issue?

Think I finally understand the problem here. No one in Wareham sees beyond their own noses. Next time you bitch, I won't give a shit either. Sleep tight, neighbors.

Last edited by billw (2009-12-22 23:53:49)

#26 2009-12-23 06:39:55

I think we have just seen how good our new TA really is. Remember, the BoS is not the boss of Mark Gifford. He answers directly to the TA. The TA is in his new job for just a few days, and Wareham is paralyzed by snow.

I'm willing to give the new TA a chance, but so far, I'm not impressed. He of all people should know how important it is for the roads to be clear when you are out driving. My road is still horrible three days after the storm. One thing I don't see anywhere is a quote from the TA with his comment about the plowing situation. I see plenty of Brucie and Brenda pontificating as usual and throwing one of the town's employees under the snow plow, but no official statement from the TA to the people of Wareham.

I like to see my tax dollars pay for something other than legal bills and useless computer witch hunts. I like to be able to drive on town roads without the fear that there will be an accident. I'd like to be sure that our school kids are safe on the buses and in the cross walks. Is that too much to ask?

Last edited by Molly (2009-12-23 07:18:43)

#27 2009-12-23 07:22:10

I understand you, Bill, but I suspect MM is hampered by the directive from Town Hall.  Though the town is allowed to overspend its snow and ice budget (legal fees being the only other category that can be intentionally overspent), the ITA had put stops in place to reduce it anyway, hence the 4" rule.  I don't know what the new TA thinks because we haven't heard from him.  It only takes one terrible accident to realize how messed up our priorities are.  I don't know how the school busses are managing on some of the back roads.   No seatbelts on school busses, right?

#28 2009-12-23 08:06:26

I wrote an email to the new TA yesterday. I wanted to express my anger at the comments of the Selectmen and their clear ignorance of how their "fiscal decisions" affected the snow removal efforts. I felt it would be in the interest of everyone to see the TA and head of MM working together (what a concept, huh?) to make sure this doesn't happen again. I believe his response and what I have heard show an effort to fix problems and not assign blame. That is how management is supposed to be, so I do applaud his approach!  The comments made by Brenda and Bruce (in a paper that shall remain nameless) show how poorly our leadership reacts to situations. It also highlights their agenda, which is retribution and destruction. In a twisted strange way, Bobo is actually helping to Take Back Wareham. He publishes their ignorance and the 15 or 20 people that read the paper get to see the reason we need new leadership.

I am now firmly in the recall Brenda group. She has demonstrated such a lack of leadership and with every comment or action coming from her she seals her own fate.

Can't wait until April! Take Back Wareham!

#29 2009-12-23 08:47:56

Thanks Maturevoter for all the information.  Bobo I guess your going to have to rewrite both stories on why the streets weren’t plowed. Instead of your fairy tale version of a conspiracy by Mr. Gifford and the town employee to punish the town you might actually have to print the TRUTH. You should try getting the FACTS before you write a story. I think you owe Mr. Gifford and the mm workers an apology but that will never happen. I doubt you will even rewrite the story, God forbid you tell your readers the TRUTH or ever admit that you were wrong. Bobo you are an IMBECILE try researching a story before you print the story.

By the way did sweet Brucey mention that his road was plowed down to the ground?  You should  investigate why his street was one of the few in town that was plowed correctly maybe you could uncover another conspiracy.

Maturevoter I am shocked the drivers were told they could only work 4-5 hours. The storm lasted almost 12 hours. The town’s policy is stupid. Snow plowing will only be effective if we have a snow storm that lasts 4 or 5 hours any storm lasting longer than that means we are screwed. This policy puts people’s lives at risk. There are seniors who won’t drive in this mess what if they have to go to the pharmacy to pick up prescriptions or they need food. Not every senior has someone who can help them with these needs.

#30 2009-12-24 01:39:27

marny wrote:

Thanks Maturevoter for all the information.  Bobo I guess your going to have to rewrite both stories on why the streets weren’t plowed. Instead of your fairy tale version of a conspiracy by Mr. Gifford and the town employee to punish the town you might actually have to print the TRUTH. You should try getting the FACTS before you write a story. I think you owe Mr. Gifford and the mm workers an apology but that will never happen. I doubt you will even rewrite the story, God forbid you tell your readers the TRUTH or ever admit that you were wrong. Bobo you are an IMBECILE try researching a story before you print the story.

By the way did sweet Brucey mention that his road was plowed down to the ground?  You should  investigate why his street was one of the few in town that was plowed correctly maybe you could uncover another conspiracy.

Maturevoter I am shocked the drivers were told they could only work 4-5 hours. The storm lasted almost 12 hours. The town’s policy is stupid. Snow plowing will only be effective if we have a snow storm that lasts 4 or 5 hours any storm lasting longer than that means we are screwed. This policy puts people’s lives at risk. There are seniors who won’t drive in this mess what if they have to go to the pharmacy to pick up prescriptions or they need food. Not every senior has someone who can help them with these needs.

A few years ago, the state made changes with the contractors for snow removal on state roads.  A significant amount of companies stopped plowing for the state.  There was a GPS issue where the plowers would not get paid if the truck stopped moving.  Sometimes, the drivers would rest a couple of hours, maybe sent out for one more pass and sent home.  The state did not want to pay for the down time.  Ridiculous.

Wareham has done a pretty fair job of plowing over the years and opening up sidewalks.  I know that they have many spots to bring the snow to when they are removing it by machine.  They would do this mostly at night, all night by loading trucks with snow for them to haul away.

What is happening now is another show of power by the selectmen.  Every business, large or small has to delegate.   The BOS will not stay out of the everyday business of the town departments.  You have a police chief, a building inspector, an electrical inspector and you have a MUNICIPAL MAINTENANCE DIRECTOR, as an example.  To these people we have delegated the right to use their good judgement to run these departments.  So, we now have a Board of Selectmen who are suddenly experts in the art of plowing and removing snow, and sanding or salting our roads.  Without their interference - their insistance that the plows do not go out until we have 4 - 5" of snow on the ground - they have put the citizens of Wareham in danger.  This is ludicrous!   Put the municipal workers back that you took away from that department!  (We will need them for spring cleanup, too.)  Let's not worry about the snow budget, just put the attorney fees that you have built up on HOLD.  Tell them that I advised you to hold back their fees.  In my opinion, they are no better than the thieves who call them for computer audits, etc..

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com