#1 2009-12-19 10:37:14

Change Bobo's name to Bobo the Distractor!  Let's talk about things that are REALLY happening, not just happening inside Bobo's head! 

Bobo reported Boozy was hired with an annual salary of $101,000 a year.  Wow.  That is quite alot to pay someone who, as reported in the Lawrence Eagle Tribune, was asked to step down from his position from a college and was passed over by Mattapoisett.  Our incompetent selectmen, on the other hand, in this bad economy where we could have had the pick of the litter amongst executives looking for jobs, welcomed him to Wareham with open arms with a UNANIMOUS VOTE and are paying him quite a hefty sum!

I have been saying that the selectmen should have a meeting with members of the local chapters of MADD and SADD to explain their decision but at this point, there is no way they could spin this.

What would they say?  What would be their message to scare the kids straight?

"Hey kids!  Stay away from the booze or one day you might get hired to a highly paid, six figure executive position!"

Not to mention, the selectmen and Boozy didn't even have enough respect for the people to acknowledge his history.  It's like they think everyone is so stupid they don't know how to google.

I hope people aren't as stupid as the selectmen think and will send two of the select-clowns packing at the ballot box come April!

#2 2009-12-19 12:30:00

Ham… I think the last TA was paid $120,000

#3 2009-12-19 13:27:06

What are the benefits?
Auto, expense account, housing allowance, mileage, bonuses, etc.,etc., etc.?

#4 2009-12-19 13:58:50

Marny, I know in normal circumstances, $100,000 or so is a good salary if you have a top notch candidate and I know that to attract a top notch employee you need to pay a top notch salary, but that's my point - the select-clowns put the town on the hook to pay a top notch salary to a sub-par candidate.

Hard to know what to do.  The selectmen have forsaken this town with no permanent town administrator for four years, pitching TA after TA overboard for not kissing Brucey's butt good enough.  We do need a leader to stick around for awhile, and unfortunately, this is what we've got. 

The selectmen were never going to pick the best candidate, just the candidate that was most likely to go along with them.  I guess we suck it up and live with it for the good of the town, but this really was a slap in the face from the selectmen to every resident of Wareham.  If the selectmen think this poorly of the town that they think this was the best Wareham could do, then they should resign immediately.

#5 2009-12-19 15:06:56

Just a couple things:
I don't have a problem with the salary. It seems fair considering the job ahead of Andrews. What I would be more interested in is his contract. It should be public record because his contract is with the town and not the Selectmen. I would like to see the wording that Bruce talked about. According to Bruce, there would be an "out" clause based on a recurrence of his past issues. If that wording is NOT there, then we need to bring this forward.

#6 2009-12-19 15:51:46

GWB

I have met the new TA. He seems Intelligent and Articulate. I have spoken with employees that met him at a meet and greet last week. Those I talked with said they were impressed with the fact that he answered all questions with honest answers and didn't avoid any of them. I think if the Selectmen don't interfear with him doing his Job he will do okay. I have decieded to give Mr. Andrews the benifit of the doubt for now. If as time goes on he gives us reason to question the job he is doing then so be it. For now lets give the guy a chance.

#7 2009-12-19 16:32:52

Well, past administrator's didn't have an assistant TA at $75K +

#8 2009-12-19 16:36:55

GWB,
I met the Andrews this last week and I agree with your assessment. He was friendly, articulate, and didn't shy away from questions. My thought goes back to meeting Mr. Mcauliffe. He was a bit more standoffish, but I sensed he was intelligent and thoughful. We all know that when he tried to do the right thing, he met his fate with the Selectmen. It is fair to say I hope Andrews doesn't just blindly buy into the Selectmen's agenda, but the certainly have his ear.

#9 2009-12-19 18:55:21

Hey Hamm, just remember Andrews is your bosses boss, start using some common sence. I say give him a chance. No different then some of the TAs from yesterday year. At least we may know his possible short falls. Tis the season for forgiveness.

#10 2009-12-20 00:25:29

It's alot of $$ for him, Sanguinet (and staffs)..and I don't exactly think Sanguinet's tenure has been a "success"..TA's were canned for less (IMO).

What about voters, y' know?..citizens of Wareham..who don't read papers..don't have internet access..and they expect their elected representitives to explain Mr. Andrews history in Open Meeting?? It should have been brought up by them..

It was brought out (someplace) though..HERE (like the recent Library hire/fire, and plenty more)..I said it before..It doesn't matter if we give him a chance. He's gonna get his shot, and we HAVE TO hope for the best. Good luck!! (Your gonna need it)

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com