#1 2009-12-11 20:38:30

I have a friend who works in an office adjacent to a "drop off" spot for the rag. We were on the telephone talking today and while on the phone she said, "Oh my God, it's that idiot". To which I replied, "who?"
She said,"the one with the papers. He's delivering next door." About thirty seconds later she said, "Oh my God, he's angry and just threw a bunch of papers in the back seat of his car. Slammed his door and drove off."

Read it however you want, but that was the conversation.

#2 2009-12-11 20:41:14

The place was out of bagels?  He lost his wallet sized photo of Brucey?

#3 2009-12-11 21:15:20

How about his papers don't sell for shit!

No matter what he says he sells, take a look around town, stacks of unsold papers.

I'm sure at this point businesses that sell it aren't making any money, so why would they want to sell it.

#4 2009-12-11 21:19:36

What's more confusing is why anyone would want to advertise in it!!..this has to be the poorest excuse for a newspaper in the history of newspapers!!

#5 2009-12-11 22:25:57

I hear they are left at Southcoast's Oncology center.    Someone do something for these poor people.

#6 2009-12-11 23:26:47

200 are left at the COA AND IF 50 ARE GONE IN A WEEK HE IS DOING GOOD. Not a good business plan from my point of view. BoBo consoladate to the point that you get the best return on investment . It is not at  the point of sail .  75. not worth it. get it for free at the COA.

#7 2009-12-11 23:35:34

commonsense wrote:

No matter what he says he sells, take a look around town, stacks of unsold papers.

Funny thing is..he didn't write (most recently) that he "sold" them..he said he "moved" them..I took his choice of wording to be intentionally vague..always read between the lines with Bobo.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#8 2009-12-11 23:57:43

Bobo "moved" the papers from the printer to the store, then a week later he "moved" a feather duster over the stacks to take the dust off of them, then he "moved" them to the recycling center.

Bobo, newspaper circulation is like phallus size - if you have to brag about it, then you don't have it.

#9 2009-12-11 23:59:40

His circulation and subscription business is waning. I suspect that the majority of his papers are being handed out as free. As far as advertising dollars, I think we can make a pretty educated guess based on conversations around town that that is just about all gone.

The reality is most people take the free copies and line bird cages or used it to start fires in the fireplace.

I had a conversation with a person in Onset who was surprised after I told them my name. They said, "you are the Larry McDonald from the paper?" I guess they expected a demon breathing fire?

#10 2009-12-12 07:40:16

GWB

Was at Rite Aid the other day. Was told by a store clerk there that they were told by him to HAND THEM OUT FOR FREE. I asked why and was told the bar code on the front won't scan into their register system. Mr. Slager told them to hand them out anyway so that he wouldn't let down his so called readers. Now thats what I call a money maker!

#11 2009-12-12 07:53:58

He should leave out jars of quarters next to his newspapers with a sign - "Take 75 cents and a rag, I'll pay YOU to read it!"

#12 2009-12-12 07:55:36

GWB:   Or maybe his advertisers would be annoyed,,,if they are still paying?  No one wants it.  No one reads it.

#13 2009-12-12 07:58:37

GWB, interesting that they are still selling the rag in Rite Aid. I had a conversation with the assistant manager back in August about my continuing to do business with a place that carried the rag. He told me he would mention my concerns to the manager. I continued to use Rite Aid for a few more weeks and the rag was still there. I went to CVS to see if they had the rag. I spoke with the person behind the counter and she said they do not carry the rag. So I moved all my prescriptions to CVS and I do all my shopping there. I have not been in Rite Aid since.

#14 2009-12-12 08:18:07

What did I tell you? He can't sell it and he can't give it away. The old prostitute still hangs around town looking for a john. Keep the penicillin handy.

I've been told that I've been jeered about my saying the thing about the prostitute on this blog. Actually, someone sent me the jeer in an email and I had to spend the rest of the day getting rid of the symptoms of a nasty virus. This is another reason why we shouldn't touch the thing with a 50 foot pole, and keep the penicillin handy. And does he think it will help to "sell" papers by putting my comment in his rag? Great marketing strategy.

But did I hear you right? You can go to Rite Aid and get the rag for free? Moving papers rather than selling them? So, in addition to the "donations" made by the tin foil hatters, who is bank rolling ragboy? A while ago he said he couldn't pay the printers bill.

200 for his faithful readers at COA and most of those untouched? And those don't cost a dime either?

Could this be my Christmas present? The answer to my New Year's Wish?

The so called "voices" in my head which ragboy claims I have, are really the sounds of the Christmas angels telling me I've been a good girl and Santa will make me really happy since I've been so "nice." Now, who has been naughty out there? (That's a rhetorical question--just read a few threads on this blog and the list of naughty will be obvious to all.)

#15 2009-12-12 08:25:55

Molly and Ham shared a jeer - a dual honor!  If a douche doesn't like you, then you're doing something right!

I disagree with the old prostitute thing only because comparing Bobo to an old prostitute is an insult to old prostitutes.  Sloppy and gross as it may be, at the very least, old prostitutes provide something to the world (gross as it may be.)  Bobo on the other hand has nothing to offer the world but his obnoxious lie filled mouth.

In other words Bobo is even lower than an old put out to pasture prostitute!

#16 2009-12-12 09:09:36

Hamatron5000 wrote:

Molly and Ham shared a jeer - a dual honor!  If a douche doesn't like you, then you're doing something right!

What a lovely thing to say Ham. Talk about good company and all that.  But I will really have to work hard to keep up with your jeer status. You must hold the all time jeer record. If only he could "move" the rag so more people could read about us instead of moving those left overs to the toilet where all good "movements" go. As it is, who cares if a few tin foil hat people see our work. Still, I'll take the honor any way I can.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com