#2 2009-12-09 19:14:38

Great letter!
Shame troll...

#3 2009-12-09 20:54:01

A loving tribute and heartfelt defense.  I'm sorry that the family has suffered so.  We all know why--and it's a sick and criminal thing to abuse the public trust the way some people have.  Vindictive and sick.

#4 2009-12-09 21:48:48

Beautifully done, having lost my own mother-in-law just a couple months before MJP passed on I am familiar with the ravages of cancer on an entire family. A terminal illness is a family illness, everyone pulls together, everyone feels the pain, and everyone grieves (first with the diagnosis, then with the death). Fortunately for us my mother-in-law, well known and loved in her community, was never treated as MJP has been treated. But, just as every mother feels another mothers heartache, my heart aches for what MJP's family has gone through. I cannot fathom having to deal with such horrible treatment of her on top of the grief the family feels. It is hard enough to get through a day sometimes, no one deserves this!
I do hope that a public apology and retraction is given, it is the right thing to do. For the record, I did not know MJP personally.

#5 2009-12-09 23:46:56

I am at a loss for words.  Love for Mary Jane is the backbone of this letter.  The family left behind hurts enough watching the suffering and not being able to take away the pain is even harder.  This letter is so well written.  She would be proud of her family defending her good name.  Mary Jane worked hard for this town and we  appreciate  and miss this gentle lady.

#6 2009-12-10 00:38:40

I remember it well. My family mother, my brother Jim's wife Dot and her family, and some friends went to a restaraunt following Jim's one year memorial Mass.Jim as many of you know was involved in politics in his town.Sean was running around the place and came back to the table with a free newspaper that is circulated in town. I picked up the paper and at first thought I would read about Jims one year anniversary...low and behold the writer decided to take shots at him lies of course all because the town was going to dedicate a boat ramp in his name.Many of us now had the article in front of us, tears pouring out of all those reading and I remember that hurt and anger. No proof in the lies just words.The writer actually went to grammer school with us and we grew up together that's the part that really hurt the most. Well we got through that and on this past Veterans Day the town did in fact dedicate a boat ramp. The Jim Holmes Boat Ramp now proudly resides in Fairhaven Harbor right next door to the Coast Guard Aux where my dad served the group for many years. During this Holiday Season of love and faith and hope our collective prayers should go to the Pillsbury family.I know the hurt first hand of the media with no actual proof that can be delivered to authorities, no real first hand knowledge that a crime has even been committed, delivering only a headline, unnamed sources, and anonymous tipsters and hearsay evidence. I think that when you accuse the dead of comitting felonies after supposingly knowing the same information when they are alive, you cross a moral line in the sand.I did not know Mary Jane personally however I know my brother Jim as sick as he was would have loved the challenge to clear his name while he was alive.Shame neither one of them got the chance.

#7 2009-12-10 08:09:28

searay---I appreciate one of the last sentences about the moral line in the sand.  That says it all to me about that editor.  That he has no boundaries of decency whatsoever is still shocking when he unleashes some new fabulous tale.  When his kids grow up and Google him and read this and his ramblings, can you imagine what they will think?   I hope the Pillsbury family will take comfort from the knowledge that all the good and sane people that know the accusations are simply ravings with no basis.

I'm sorry about what your family experienced after your brother's death. He sounds like he was the kind of guy we would all like to have known!

#8 2009-12-10 08:14:09

What Searay wrote above is evidence enough of why he should be a Selectman in Wareham.
His insight, empathy, understanding and foresight is what is desperately needing and lacking in Wareham.
Steve Holmes for Selectman!!

#9 2009-12-10 08:37:18

Just as an aside...we will NEVER, in our paper, print a story about someone dead or alive without absolute proof that will be seen and read by everyone.
We will NOT hide behind unnecessary secrecy to provide evidence of wrongdoing on the part of any elected official.
Lack of evidence and documentation in the newspaper business is unforgivable and inexcusable.
We will not practice it, and we will not accept it.

#10 2009-12-12 07:39:48

BREAKING NEWS: Mrs. Pillsbury's family delivers another blow to the bagel biting bastard!

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbc … 015/TOWN14

I give them many kudos it takes alot of guts to stand up to a vile coldblooded sociopath like Bobo the Douchebag.  I hope they know that no one with a brain believes this horse shit.  What kind of a cowardly SOB spends every waking second of his life dumping lies on a defenseless and deceased elderly woman?  Bobo is truly a human pile of garbage.  He makes every decent person sick to their stomachs.

#11 2009-12-14 10:35:52

By: robertslager on 12/13/09
There is something I want to get off my chest. I will not address the Pillsbury family letter in detail right now. But one of the most perpetuated lies I've heard is how I "tampered" with Mary Jane Pillsury's obituary. That's nonsense. We didn't recieve an obituary from the funeral home after Mary Jane died. I called and asked them to send us one. I was told the family requested one not be sent to us. So, I either had to write an obit for her or listen to how cold-hearted I am from not having an obit for Mary Jane in the paper. I never tampered with any obit because one was never sent to me. I tire of these lies and distortions. I wrote a fair and balanced obituary for Mary Jane Pillsbury. To claim I somehow "tampered" with her obituary is the kind of revisionist history I should expect by this point.

TWO THINGS, THE FAMILY DID NOT WANT AN OBITUARY GIVEN TO YOUR SHITTY NEWSPAPER. SO WHY DID YOU FEEL THE NECESSITY TO WRITE ONE? YOU COPIED THE SAME OBITUARY GIVEN TO LEGITIMATE NEWSPAPERS WORD FOR WORD EXCEPT THAT YOU ADDED THAT SHE WAS SUED BY STF ENTERPRISES. YOU WERE ALSO SUED SLAGER SHOULD THAT BE IN YOUR OBITUARY? YOU SHOULD HAVE RESPECTED THE WISHES OF THE FAMILY AND NOT PUT AN OBITUARY IN IF THE FAMILY REQUESTED YOU PAPER NOT BEING GIVEN ONE. AND YOU COPIED THE OBITUARTY OF THE OTHER PAPER WORD FOR YOU EXPCEPT YOU ADDED A PARAGRAPH. LIES , LIES, LIES

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com