#1 2009-12-08 09:17:17

Well, Slager caught us, so I might as well admit the truth.
I joined this site in July after receiving hundreds, even thousands of phone calls and e-mails from people from Onset and Wareham that knew that my loyalty was still to Wareham and would I be able to help the cause of saving the town.
I flew up to Wareham in August and met with 122 people. The McDonalds, Bob Brady, Steve Holmes, Dick Wheeler and many others that cannot be personally... names like HAMATRON5000, Bornofwareham and Maturevoter to mention a few.
We met at a mansion owned by one of the bloggers.
It was decided that I would start to give my version of the history of Wareham to make people feel all nicey nicey about how Wareham could be.
Then, it was decided, that I would stir up a lot of people with rhetoric about articles at Town Meeting and to push the agenda of the new group to entice people to "fill" Town Hall and defeat whatever worthwhile proposals the Selectmen came up with.
It was decided that after Town Meeting, if we were successful, that I would finance a new newspaper in Wareham that would overcome and destroy the current rag or yellow newspaper as some called it.
I committed up to 1.5 million dollars to start the paper and I would remain the owner and finance the paper while competent and experienced reporters would write for the paper and offer alternate ideas from the Board of Selectmen and people like the Donahues.
We decided we needed to take full and total control of Wareham from those who mean well but don't follow our agenda.
Some of us are developers that want to take the Westfield property for a cheap price and pretend to build low income housing but in reality we are going to make an industrial plant of the property and burn "clean" coal so we can receive millions of subsidy dollars from the Federal Government and the Commonwealth.
We plan on building high rise condos along most of our 52 miles of coastline and turn a very good profit.
We conspired with a certain golf course community so we can expand the site and add high rise condos and Town-houses on the property, expanding the golf course and, unfortunately, destroying the watershed.
Hey...some things have to be given up in the name of progress.
We then decided that we would put up some candidates to defeat everyone in the office of Selectman, and the  Moderator's and Town Clerk's seat.
We will spend hundreds of thousands of dollars through a 517 pseudo-Pac, and not even list our contributors until after the election because we don't have to. Then, no one will know that most of our money comes from lawyers, developers, investment bankers, wealthy retirees like me, and some "flippers" interested in some coastal front and view property.
As a group, we have done very well. We have already chosen our candidates and given each one three thousand dollars in cash to be not reported so they can get going buying people lunch, dinner, drinks, pay for their rents and mortgages if necessary.
We plan on buying our way into the elections and winning every seat that exists, plus, with our new newspaper and it's unlimited budget, we will give FREE advertising to any business that drops their ads from the rag and places them with our paper.
We have at least 2.3 million dollars for the first 18 months of operation of the paper. We don't need paid advertisers and we are going to give the paper away free to everyone in the Town by mail and we are mailing hundreds of other free papers to voters who are out of state during the elections, but can vote by  absentee ballot.
We are going to give each subscriber of the paper $100.00 of free dining and gift certificates for being a member of our "family".
Get ready for January Troll....you and your buddies are out of here and it's because I said so!

Dan O'Connell

President, Vice President, Secretary-Treasurer of Take Back Wareham.

Multi millionaire and proud of it.

I'm hoping, when all of this is said and done, that they (my minions of politicians and lackeys) will name the Town of Wareham and the Village of Onset: "Biffyville".
What a grand legacy for me and my family.
I have to go now. The pigs are flying by the Gulf of Mexico at 10:10 today.
Don't want to miss that!!
I'll take a few pictures for the new paper.

#2 2009-12-08 09:18:54

I forgot to mention...I was supposed to meet with 123 people when I came up to Wareham, but, one of them was on vacation in Laos.
Picked some extra money up from the Library I heard.

#3 2009-12-08 09:21:29

While we are at it. I just want to admit I am a hitman from Tennessee that was brought in. I can't say who I was hired by or they will ship me back to my po'dunk town :)

Thank you for understanding!

Larry (Francis) McDonald
COO Take Back Wareham

#4 2009-12-08 09:45:38

You have done very well, Francis "The Hitman", and you deserved every dime we have paid you.
Not only am I proud that you are COO of the organization, but your work will go on and on for the good of the Town, and we are not shipping you south.
I am looking forward to your cookie recipes in the news paper's "food" section.

#5 2009-12-08 10:24:53

Just heard from one of our investors in the Westfield project.
I can't tell you exactly who he is, but as a hint, he is an elected official in his Country, very high position, lives in a nation south of us, begins with V, and I call him "CC".
He was pissed because he has been talking with people who claim that "clean coal" is an oxymoron and everyone knows that coal fired plants are dirty.
DUH!!
We all know that but the "scrubbers" that will be installed are the best in the world and can eliminate a lot of pollutants.
Plus, as CC says, he is going to underwrite the entire project, donate all of the electricity for the 300 elderly units in the complex, and build a protective "shield" over the ,living quarters of the elderly so that soot does not get all over their clothes, cars, golf carts, segways, etc.
"For goodness sakes, all we are going to charge them is $500.00 per month for a beautiful 500 sq. ft. apartment. What else could they want?" He asked.
I agree.
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Besides, since the minimum age to get into the elderly development part of the project is 72, how long can you live?
You will be saving money and we are even going to have a grocery store, hairdresser, restaurants with early bird specials, car washes, and a nice dry cleaners.
It will be a wonderful place to live and then pass on.
Got to go...camel races on St. Armand's this afternoon.
Carry on.

#6 2009-12-08 11:20:56

DanO, As my Godfather Don Guiseppe likes to say (I think some movie stole the line)
"We'll make 'em an offer they CAN'T refuse"

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#7 2009-12-08 12:27:25

It's amazing to me that the ONLY person who was on to our scheme was that brilliant report from Bobo's DooDoo. We are really good at blending in and hiding as "normal folk". But no, that shrewd genius sniffed us out. Thanks for letting me stay on in Wareham. I really thought I was going to be shipped back after my cover was blown.

Cookie recipes are on the way!

Psss, Dan...do you think they figured out the coded message we include in all letters to the editor? That was brilliant! While they read the letters, they miss the secret message in the letters.

#8 2009-12-08 14:09:12

Your idea, Larry...and it was BRILLIANT.
Don't have to code? Don't bother looking. Only those that need the code have the code. The code is sacred.
The code is ours and ours alone.
Don't ask for the code!

#9 2009-12-08 14:56:32

and may the Force Be With You.

#10 2009-12-08 16:02:00

kinsailman has the code.

#11 2009-12-08 17:32:18

Remember "The Brown Ledger" ? .....The 327 page document that contained the names of the 123 people who would assuredly have ended up in jail had it been discovered?..........Well, don't tell Bobo....but it's gone. Sandra and I and our 121 nearest and dearest friends can relax, because there is no computer back-up, and  all we have to do  now is to keep straight faces when we tell the judge that the story about the ledger was a hoax.....Just pretend that it never existed.  Just keep repeating "habeas corpus" and we'll wear them down.

The document told the  remarkable story  how 123 "ordinary citizens"
were able to design  secret cash flows  from  a combination of a kick-back money laundering scheme and an innocent appearing copy machine....in a public library of all places !....And  which made the ledger that documented the endeavor  a  treasure itself... and well deserving  of a final moment  of glory. It was too special a relic to end up in a landfill, and burning seemed  inappropriately punitive.

So I cooked up  the phony  cover-up of a trip to New Zealand and took the precious Brown Ledger with me.  I didn't have a specific plan , but I figured my kids would come up with  something creative and colorful and appropiate....and they did.

We came up with the plan as we were sitting  in our condo, facing Lake Waipuku  in Queenstown , on our first night in a place that people come to from all over the world for  the appeal of its scenery and  for adventure.  What would we choose from the adventure "menu" of the region?

Two bold people wanted to "do" the famous Nevis Bungy jump, and a more cautious geezer opted for going  soaring in a glider.  Perhaps inspired by sipping generous quantities of a remarkable liquid that those clever Kiwis have learned to make by fermenting grapes in oak barrels, we  decided to  shred The Brown Ledger with periodic respectful toasts, and then each of us would do the equivalent of scattering the ashes of a loved one as we carried out our "adventures" in the days ahead.

My Brown Ledger distribution ceremony came first, and at an altitude of 7,000 feet, with snow-capped Mt Cook looming up beside the  eerily silent glider, I slid back the cockpit window and released the blessedly biodegradable evidence that could have undone the 5 year code of silence  that had made 123  ordinary Wareham citizens as if a band of brothers and sisters.   It was  truly an emotional moment for me to see those precious bits of brown paper fluttering their last flutter in a land so far away from where they had kept a dangerous  but  highly rewarding secret. .....

The next day was the real high point in every sense of the word. The Nevis Bungy jump is the highest in the world, and my boys were bound and determined to to it, with the added inducement  of getting rid of evidence that could have landed me  and 122 others in Guantanomo Bay Prison.   From the gondola car suspended over the frighteningly deep canyon each did a swan dive, clutching a bag  with the results of our do-it-yourself shredding operation. The free fall at  200mph took nearly 5 full seconds before the bungy cord "kicked-in" and brought them halfway back to the gondola...and that's when they had conspired to glorify the demise of The Brown Ledger........During the three or four bounce -backs they  behaved like New Yorkers throwing out ticker tape from the Empire State Building for a parade far below.
I was nearly overcome by the emotional impact of what was happening before me...an incredibly beautiful natural scene enhanced by the fluttering pieces of The Brown Ledger. .....the sadness of saying good-bye to our treasured Brown Ledger melded in a wierdly wonderful way with the blessed relief of knowing that now 123 people who have been living as if under the Sword of Damocles  will be able to resume their  ordinary lives  without anyone knowing  of their involvement in The Great Copy Machine Scandal.

We...all 123 of us ...are  gathering...all expenses of  course  pre-paid by our copy machine "money cow",  at The Chatham Bars Inn this weekend to celebrate and to pool ideas regarding our next enterprise.

#12 2009-12-08 17:43:39

dick i love CBI... BEAUTIFUL place....

#13 2009-12-08 18:27:33

I am so proud of you, Dick.
When you first told me of the "brown ledger", and you said you wanted to think of a creative way to get rid of it, I thought, as I told you, that you ought to take it ought in your kayak about two miles, set it on fire inside a tin bowl, wait for it all to burn, and then empty it out into the ocean.
But...you...you...you are really creative!
Thank you for sharing with us and now those 122 people I met can relax.
Now...we can start the newspaper and not worry about anyone finding the list.
Bless you, Dick.
By the way...we will reimburse the trip.
Except for the boys' bungee jump.

#14 2009-12-08 19:03:03

I would have bet money on Dick doing the bungy jump! Another fine example of cleaning up the mess that the power-elite/hate blogger/CBW/Take back Wareham has created! Hats off to Mr. Wheeler.

Now that this issue is solved, I was supposed to head to Lawrence to handle a problem they had there. It appears that our Selectmen solved that problem, so I guess I am staying here.

#15 2009-12-08 21:51:43

Dan:  I was about to implement your plan to take the ledger out two miles and then set it  in on fire  in a tin bowl, but  when I ran the idea past my  Inuit  kayak mentor  Yaquit Qajaq, he  jumped all over me, and said, "How many times do I have to remind you of  one of the basic principles of our  Inuit culture:'You can't have your kayak and heat it too ."?

#16 2009-12-08 22:14:12

Dick Wheeler wrote:

We...all 123 of us ...are  gathering...all expenses of  course  pre-paid by our copy machine "money cow",  at The Chatham Bars Inn this weekend to celebrate and to pool ideas regarding our next enterprise.

And you told me it was a business trip...you never metioned "THE" business.
You don't know how greatful I am to hear that the "Ledger" is now litter somewhere half way around the world.

Oh yah,  sorry about the chickens.

PS.  What time at The Chatham Bars Inn ?

Last edited by bbrady (2009-12-08 22:15:53)

#17 2009-12-09 00:34:37

Bob: I'd like to give you the Chatham Bar details ,but Power Elite Security has a Red Alert regarding a BOS member who seems fixated on crashing yet another private gathering . This person has a history of Geezer Groping, and we are making every effort to fend her off.  I have just come off the disabled list from my  encounter with the Brockton Bomber this past summer  ....Contact me "off line" for the details of our  Chatham bash....Our next Brown Ledger will have 124  names......Welcome aboard !

#18 2009-12-09 09:44:55

Dan and Dick, not only am I impressed by your revelations, but kudos on your writing style!!! What a pleasure to read your articulate prose.

I have decided to add my comments in the form of haiku:

Ledger pages bound
Concealing false truths take flight
Brown leaves fluttering.

#19 2009-12-09 17:20:20

Nora now has the code.

#20 2009-12-09 18:22:39

Dick,
You should ask Robert Slager for a job. If he had you writing for his newspaper, he'd be on easy street and not exit street. Everyone in town would be standing in line to pay a dollar per copy. You are exceptionally brilliant with your stories. In fact, why not start a weekly on your own with the money you have left over from the "fund"? And by the way, thanks for disposing of all the pages. I think my name was on the last page.....

#21 2009-12-09 19:21:54

Just a reminder to you all...especially investors.
The paper will start in a few weeks.
I need the documentation that you have about the you know what stories.
I want all documents to be notarized and filed with the Clerk of Courts Office (prior to publication).
I have told you.. I insist on this! Everything we print WILL be documented.
Also, a reminder of the telephonic conference in the next three days (you know which day).
I want EVERYONE to participate in the conversation this time. No excuses about trips to Timbuktu or any other damn thing.
We need to move NOW.
You know what to do.
You know the code.
Time is running out.
Francis...I have a job for you.

Last edited by danoconnell (2009-12-09 19:23:47)

#22 2009-12-09 20:45:38

Just a couple things Dan...I forgot the code. You know us hillbillies...
I expect payment in the same form as last time.

The ship leaves at midnight.

#23 2009-12-09 20:55:02

We hate to break it to her, but we had 21,000 visits to our web site in November. We moved more than 10,000 copies of the paper in Wareham alone last month during what is traditionally the slowest time of the year. Molly’s claim that nobody reads us is based solely on the voices she is hearing in her head.

YET HE DOESNT PAY HIS STATE FILING FEES, CLOSED HIS OFFICE, DOESNT PAY HIS PRINTER..... YEAH HE'S DOING GREAT

#24 2009-12-09 21:11:04

10-4 Francis.
The code has been sent via you know what.
DON'T make me send it again!
Please, sir...:)

#25 2009-12-09 21:50:48

Geez Dan, I will be in Disney World, lol! Maybe you want to catch up there and ride the Rock n Roller coaster?

#26 2009-12-10 08:22:23

Hello all,

Although I am not yet allowed to post under my own name (security issues, compromising my job, and, you know, fear for my life, etc) I did have to comment because this was just so darn entertaining!  I am happy to know that such competent and caring individuals are looking to improve our town.  Let's see: educated, well traveled, wealthy, experienced, visionary and having a sense of humor....tell me again why "elite" is supposed to be a bad thing?

I would like to mention how unhappy I am that none of my family was listed among the 123.  After all the years we gave to the Friend's of the Library, not one of us was ever offered a kickback!

#27 2009-12-10 08:27:54

Be available for the telephonic conference, Cara...Disney World has phones!
Also, thank you to those who finally submitted the documents I asked for.
PSpan should be thanked for putting them on his scanner and presenting them in a concise and understandable way for us to publish.
PSpan will soon have the rest of the information regarding the domestic violence calls on you know who hopefully today. He just needs to scan the Police reports and requests for retraining orders and orders of protection.
Good job everyone!
Remember the conference call....you know the time and date.
Just look close for the code if you forgot, but, we will be sending out reminders in the normal way we have established.
Silence is important now.
Loose lips sink great ships.

#28 2009-12-10 08:28:42

bluebell hi and welcome... we all hope someday everyone can have their opinions and state them without fear from elected officals

#29 2009-12-10 08:29:13

Welcome aboard Bluebell.
You will have the code.

#30 2009-12-10 09:08:20

Cara,
Thanks for delivery the "package". The Disney trip was timed perfectly.
The new copier machine will be delivered on time. Please place it so the hidden camera can capture "activity"

#31 2009-12-10 10:31:02

Dick Wheeler:
You PM and e-mail are full.
The disc that your "people" in New Zealand sent me can't be opened for some reason.
PSpan is working on it, but he tells me that sometimes foreign nations have a different electric grid and output, and our discs don't work for copying.
Please contact them and see if they can ship me another one that is compatible with our equipment.
Francis has already rented the safety deposit box in Boston.
Cara...thanks.
Remember...don't give out the code unless you PERSONALLY know the person and trust them.

#32 2009-12-10 11:10:06

My Kiwi contacts have told me that they use the same  disc equipment that the Aussies use, and they have promised to do the marsupial to lactate conversion  for us today.  The pouch with our corrected disc will arrive at Logan 0800 tomorrow.

#33 2009-12-10 12:18:22

In order to appear more "normal", I've renogiated with my employer (local developers) to include 2 more children in the school system, an additional parcel of land, and a year supply of reese's pieces.

Ramps closed to Logan in the morning, we need to go with a dumbo drop over the water.

#34 2009-12-10 13:41:14

I have received 327 requests by e-mail for the code.
I don't know any of them.
Remember...only to people you know PERSONALLY!
Thank you, Dick. I will leave the pick up to you.
Thank you all for participating in the conference today. As you know, I am heading south to talk with our friends about the Westfield project.
I understand the concerns that some of you expressed today, especially Bornof and Mature...but...trust my judgement. If I feel uncomfortable, I will not commit until I speak with you again. If I am convinced, and you are not, we will ALL travel the next time so you can meet our friends in person and hopefully alleviate your fears.
Because I will be gone for a couple of days, I am overwhelmed with what we have to do to protect ourselves.
From now on, Larry is not only COO but also head of Security. If anyone asks for the code, you MUST go through Francis to get it, and HE and ONLY HE, will pass it on.
Also, I have deposited the money for general expenses in the bank we discussed. While I am gone, any expenses below $25,000.00 can be authorized and paid for by Dick Wheeler. He is a signatory on the account and will be in charge while I am gone.
Francis: the documents have been verified, scanned and ready for release. Tell your "friend" that 25k is alright, and contact Dick to get you the money.
Thanks everyone. It won't be long now!!
On the way to the airport. I don't have to worry about delays and weather where I am going!!
Dick and Francis have the satellite phone number in the event of a serious problem.
Thanks again for your help.

#35 2009-12-10 13:42:39

Bluebell,

I know the feeling.  I have donated multiple times to the library and even gave some money to the dreaded Spinney.  My kick back checks must have gotten lost in the mail.  Oh well.....  :)

#36 2009-12-10 13:55:41

LOST A CHECK IN THE MAIL? WAITING ON A "PAYMENT". Contact 1 888 LIB RARY for the latest on your rebates. Friendly operators are standing by. Please know the code!

Thank you,

#37 2009-12-10 15:32:02

I thought it was pathetic that Bobo called for people to not donate to the Friends of the Library.  Such unbridled hatred for the library for a guy who can't even spell and he could really benefit from spending some time in one.  Pathetic loser. 

Every town library has a Friends of the Library group and they all work the same way, Wareham is no different than any other town.  Why doesn't Bobo demand that people not donate to the Halifax Friends of the Library?  Oh right, because he doesn't want everyone in his hometown thinking he is a pathetic loser, he only shows off his loseryness in other towns.

#38 2009-12-10 15:35:38

uuhhhhh dan.. paging dan o.... i cant find the key to the safety deposit box.. i thought it was buried in my "family" shellfish grant off the the wheeler's dining room door but i cant find it who has the back up....

#39 2009-12-10 16:00:17

I am Dan's wife.

I called him about Liz's message.
He said, and I am not repeating myself, to tell you to tell Kinsailman:

Project firefly is on.

Project firefly is on.

Apparently, you will get the spare key.
Best of luck.

#40 2009-12-10 16:14:14

LIZdaGnome

Have no fear the Clan is here. We have the KEY Its on our knee. Nick Knack Paddy Whack give the dog a BONE. It will be there before you get HOME.

#41 2009-12-10 16:54:22

From satellite phone:
ABORT
ABORT
ABORT
I am following up on Plan B...
Only 100 miles from my house and a partner that is interested in doing business in Wareham, and also Florida.
Don't worry, all profits are shared!
I am rich...but I am not a pig.
My old contact CC can not be trusted.(You were right Bornof and Mature).
I am on the way to my Plan B contact, RC, brother of FC.
Very interested in new technology and investment in clean fuel, like solar and wind power.
There is plenty of wind off of the coast...enough to generate a lot of power.
It will eventually be cleaner and more saleable to our wonderful residents of Wareham.
I will report soon.
Do NOT despair.
All is set.

#42 2009-12-10 17:03:48

To Kinsailman...thank you for everything!
Icould You are an gatekeeper is fearr a lorgaíodh.
Tá tú mo dheartháir, agus mo chara.
Coinnigh an chreidimh!

#43 2009-12-10 17:08:00

..give the dog a BONE.... I REMEMBER NOW!!! under the dog house.. duhhh... should work on my mind skills if the town clerk is in my future...

#44 2009-12-10 17:52:15

Remember...moles everywhere....
Dan's wife.

#45 2009-12-10 21:02:34

Dan O
An creideamh agus an Fhórsa a bhfuil tú mar rn I.

#46 2009-12-10 21:07:03

Larry McDonald wrote:

LOST A CHECK IN THE MAIL? WAITING ON A "PAYMENT". Contact 1 888 LIB RARY for the latest on your rebates. Friendly operators are standing by. Please know the code!

Thank you,

I gave it a call and it seemed like a woman was screaming on the other end.  Hmmmm....  maybe she wasn't actually screaming.  And why do I have to tell them what I am wearing to get my payment?  :)

#47 2009-12-10 21:43:10

You obviously don't know the code. Watch Men in Black II before calling again.

#48 2009-12-11 17:04:41

I am on the way back.
SUCCESS!!
Francis has hidden the code to get you up to date via the picture of him in his Santa suit.
The rest of the arrangement will be given to you soon.
Remember....no one gets the code unless you know them PERSONALLY!
By the way to "123", thanks for the information and the donation.

#49 2009-12-11 19:47:55

Nice picture, huh? I was destined for greatness even at that age. I had "hitman" written all over my cowboy boots!

Good work Dan! We are now on to stage II!

#50 2009-12-11 20:44:04

Dan, thought I saw a hidden message in the Osbourne Festival of Dancing Lights. Was that hidden Mickey part of the code?

#52 2009-12-11 21:28:20

Cara Winslow wrote:

Dan, thought I saw a hidden message in the Osbourne Festival of Dancing Lights. Was that hidden Mickey part of the code?

You mean here, Cara? 

http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab89/disfan1234/IMG_1173.jpg

#53 2009-12-12 06:12:25

Lol! Wow, you guys really are super slueths!

#54 2009-12-12 08:20:09

Francis is VERY good at hiding the code for those in the know only.

#55 2009-12-12 09:26:10

You give me too much credit! I have the super political operative (The Gnome) working with me. You can ask the Bama Slammer (Cindy Parola) how good the Gnome is.

Cookie Fest is starting, Stage II has started!

#56 2009-12-12 11:30:19

I can now sit back and watch you take the reins.
All of the money is in place.
I will be working independent of all of you  on my proposed Westfield development because I don't want any perception of you providing special favors when I come before you after you take over the BOS and all the other elected positions that are open.
I hereby relinquish any and all entitlements to TAKE BACK WAREHAM to those of you that are now in charge per our telephonic conversation this morning.
You have enough money to last at least a year.
If more is needed, it is available.
Protect the code.
Good luck and best wishes.
Stage II is a GO!!

#57 2009-12-16 18:27:41

OK...very funny...who sent me a bag of garbage?
What am I supposed to do with it?
WTF?

#58 2009-12-16 18:44:23

Whew!...what a relief!

I thought that it was headed for my driveway. Better you than me. Nothing personal.

YaKnow, you could hold your nose and peek inside. But then, that's what everyone has to do with the meetings of the BoS.

whatever you do, do NOT toss it in the Gulf. I'll be there on Friday, and the last thing I need is the prospect of the cruise ship running into Brucie's garbage. Yeccchhh.

#59 2009-12-17 08:12:35

I hired a couple of homeless guys to fish through the rubbish. I paid them $20.00 and a case of Miller Lite.
I did find some things that are worthwhile...correspondence between you know who and others that appear to go beyond the bounds of legality.
Also, some legal paper work that was torn but usable.
I am sending what I think is important up to you...you know who you are...and you decide what to do with it.
Some of it can be used I think.
Code: 7BMPWPM.345DTS.9WGAF...
Carry on!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com