#1 2009-11-24 10:37:37

I haven't confirmed this yet but I'm told all Wareham library computers now block this website. The other town-controlled systems? I don't know.

Meanwhile, for the adventurous souls among you, there are ways to defeat these draconian measures and avoid detection.

Here are some of them.

http://www.great-isp-deals.com/blog/200 … t-wearers/

#2 2009-11-24 10:58:43

That is a big no-no in the library world.  Most do not even like filtering software.

#3 2009-11-24 11:13:45

Could this be the start of another lawsuit? Hmmm, censorship is one of the big words used by the punch drunk reporter. I wonder if he knows his bestest buddy Brucey and gang are doing this?

#4 2009-11-24 11:23:37

I can confirm it. The message after saying you are banned is: if you have further inquiries contact info@warehamobserver.com

Is that you Bill? Have you gotten any "inquiries" ?

I guess those 6 minutes of executive session were right on the money. Is anyone surprised?

#5 2009-11-24 11:31:28

SO, if this site is banned, is the "other" observer site banned? if not, I would consider this discriminatory in nature.

#6 2009-11-24 12:22:59

Let's see....what is it?...mmmm...oh, yeah....the FIRST AMENDMENT OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!
Maybe one of these scumbags can read it.

#7 2009-11-24 12:40:02

Nora Bicki wrote:

I can confirm it. The message after saying you are banned is: if you have further inquiries contact info@warehamobserver.com

Is that you Bill? Have you gotten any "inquiries" ?

Yes and not one.

edit: there were four new site registrations this morning.

Last edited by billw (2009-11-24 12:45:25)

#8 2009-11-24 13:15:04

A little birdie told me that the tabloid writer contacted his "cub investigative reporter" (aka BE) who said she knew nothing about it.  The plot thickens. Do we know if it is just blocked at the library or all over town?

#9 2009-11-24 14:16:01

I heard that the selectmen are going to hire Paul Shooter to patrol all town buildings looking for visitors to this site.  If you are caught surfing onto here, then bam!  Paul Shooter, with his ninja skills and cat like reflexes, springs up from a potted plant or down from a ceiling tile and slaps you with a fungo bat (they only allowed him a fungo bat, aka a harmless plastic kid's bat that doesn't hurt, but repeated slaps with it will annoy you until you turn it off and log onto "The Selectmen are Gods and If You Disagree then You're a Vile Power Elite Bastard.com" aka the rag site.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-11-24 14:16:58)

#10 2009-11-24 14:40:42

April 6, 2010

#11 2009-11-24 14:52:39

Any truth to the rumor that the Cub Investigative Reporter (CIR, pronounced like a type of canine), is going to write under the pseudonym:

Ina Phogg?

FOCUS!
APRIL 6, 2010

#12 2009-11-24 15:00:23

Hmmmm Sounds like someone should call the ACLU. They love censorship cases. I wonder if this was Marcia’s idea.

#13 2009-11-24 15:14:44

The attorney there is Sarah Wunsch. She is familiar with Wareham and the nonsense.

#14 2009-11-25 07:32:46

It seems that it is only the staff computers that don't have access to this site. The public access computers (not controlled at the town level) still have access.

Staff have email addresses through the town's server etc., whereas, the public access computers work off a different server. I'm not a computer geek, but I would imagine that the town could block certain sites at that server level.

Remember, the public access computers were not included in the great computer audit that K and P will be eternally going over with a fine tooth comb. LOL.

#15 2009-11-26 03:00:40

Nora, something that has been bothering me and I've heard nothing more about, would be the library book sales (used).  I know that Liz Pezzoli said some things that caused quite a stir with the library.  I can't remember every-
thing that she said, however.   I do know that she would collect the money for the sold books.  Apparently, one day she was phoned and told she would no longer be needed to function in that small capacity.  I do remember that it upset her (no bad words anyone, she was wrong and we know that).  I am stating fact.  I also recall that there was not a lot of money taken in from the book sales, as she would mention it in conversation.   I am not even sure, at this hour of the morning who complained about this money going into a private account by MJP, but it stated that she did do this.

I knew MJP and can't fathom her doing anything illegal or unethical.  I can see this money being put into a petty cash fund, which would surely have had some type of record keeping.  I feel that this was just another play to anger us.  What can you tell us about this, to set the record straight.  Thank you.  Have a happy thanksgiving.

Last edited by bornofwareham (2009-11-26 03:02:42)

#16 2009-11-26 08:02:54

I would not surprise me if the Cat Lady was told to take a hike because of the hypocrisy of her publishing a paper that unmercifully bashed the hell out of the library folks week after week and yet would show up at the library and say "Ok everyone be my friend now!"

That is just this blogger's speculation though.

Too bad she won't take her ex-partner on and tell the truth.  Her butt was parked in a chair at the library 24/7 between 1995 and 2005 and nothing illegal could have happened without her knowing about it.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-11-26 08:19:17)

#17 2009-11-26 09:36:30

LIZ   WAS ASKED TO LEAVE BECAUSE ALL SHE WANTED TO DO WAS COLLECT THE CASH AT THE  BOOK SALES AND BAD MOUTH THE LIBRARY ALL WEEK IN THE RAG AND HAVE EVERYTHING BE OKAY WHEN SHE WORKED THE BOOOK SALES , SHE WANTED TO SLING THE CRAP ALL WEEK AND THEN WANTED THE PEOPLE AT THE LIBRARY TO KISS HER ROYAL ASS EVERY BOOK SALE. , AND THE MONEY WENT TO THE FREINDS AND NOT PETTY CASH AND LIZ SHOULD HAVE KEPT HER MOUTH SHUT ABOUT HOW MUCH MONEY WAS RASED BUT I HERE IT WAS NOT MUCH  BY THE WAY IS SHE ONE OF THE GUILTY WHO PROFITED FROM THE LIBRARY CLAIMS, ITS BEEN A MONTH NOW AND ALL WE HAVE IS SLAGERS LIES AND NO PROOF OF A CRIME AND NO POLICE ORGINAZATION HAS INVESTIGATED THIS CRIME THAT ONLY  OCCURED IN SLAGERS MIND , DONT CHOKE ON THAT TURKEY BONE YOU DIBATIC BASTARD.

#18 2009-11-26 18:30:17

Hamatron5000 wrote:

It would not surprise me if the Cat Lady was told to take a hike because of the hypocrisy of her publishing a paper that unmercifully bashed the hell out of the library folks week after week and yet would show up at the library and say "Ok everyone be my friend now!"

That is just this blogger's speculation though.

Too bad she won't take her ex-partner on and tell the truth.  Her butt was parked in a chair at the library 24/7 between 1995 and 2005 and nothing illegal could have happened without her knowing about it.

Oh, I agree with you.  I would say you are 100% correct, even though she still will say, if given the chance, how much she cared for MJP.  You're not speculating, you are right, I'm sure.  I met a social worker recently and a topic similar to this was being discussed.  I asked him about your above thoughts and my knowing how much she said she cared for Mary Jane.  He told me that her feelings for her friend are probably true and inspite of her actions against the library in the newspaper, (Liz) is probably compartmentizing (sp) in her brain.  She can actually separate the paper and her comments and put it in a little compartment in her brain.  Another compartment for her friend, M.J.P..  Another compartment for something else.  So, he said that if she can do this, she doesn't understand why others cannot.  I felt like I was going to get a little testy on his answer, but he did go further to say that I would really be surprised just how many people can do this, consciously or unconsciously.
I won't go on, but he did.  This, he said, is not an excuse for her actions, but an answer to my question.

Yes, she was there a lot, but I think Slager stated this in his "fantasy" story that began.......I am a coward.  Nora has been opening windows for us to get a better look at the library, Spinney, Friends, etc.   I just haven't heard any thing about the used book sale part.  No accusations from me!!!!  Just was wondering.

#19 2009-11-26 19:20:27

ihateliz wrote:

LIZ   WAS ASKED TO LEAVE BECAUSE ALL SHE WANTED TO DO WAS COLLECT THE CASH AT THE  BOOK SALES AND BAD MOUTH THE LIBRARY ALL WEEK IN THE RAG AND HAVE EVERYTHING BE OKAY WHEN SHE WORKED THE BOOOK SALES , SHE WANTED TO SLING THE CRAP ALL WEEK AND THEN WANTED THE PEOPLE AT THE LIBRARY TO KISS HER ROYAL ASS EVERY BOOK SALE. , AND THE MONEY WENT TO THE FREINDS AND NOT PETTY CASH AND LIZ SHOULD HAVE KEPT HER MOUTH SHUT ABOUT HOW MUCH MONEY WAS RASED BUT I HERE IT WAS NOT MUCH  BY THE WAY IS SHE ONE OF THE GUILTY WHO PROFITED FROM THE LIBRARY CLAIMS, ITS BEEN A MONTH NOW AND ALL WE HAVE IS SLAGERS LIES AND NO PROOF OF A CRIME AND NO POLICE ORGINAZATION HAS INVESTIGATED THIS CRIME THAT ONLY  OCCURED IN SLAGERS MIND , DONT CHOKE ON THAT TURKEY BONE YOU DIBATIC BASTARD.

Yes, I know.  As I stated - Liz was phoned and nicely told that she would no longer be needed in that capacity any longer.  So yes, I know she was told to stay away.   Of course, a normal reaction from library staff, after reading her Observer jabs, stabs and lies, would be to not want her around. 

I didn't say the book sale money went to petty cash.  Slager said that money went into a private bank account.  I NEVER SAID I BELIEVED THAT.  Liz or whoever was or is collecting the used book sale money should be able to tell anyone how much money was made selling used books.  It is not a secret so be careful not to make it sound that way.     The amount of $ made is not of big concern.   I recall her - once in a while - mentioning the amount.

I made the statement about a petty cash account, which most businesses have.  My comment was that I couldn't believe MJP would have a private bank account for this money.  A petty cash account, yes, I would believe that, a common business practice.         I'm not sure what you mean by asking if she is one of the guilty who profited from the library claims.

I did not want to incite you or anyone.  I just asked a simple question of Nora.
Twice I have posted that Slager's letter sounded like it was copied out of a book or newspaper story.   A week or two after his story was one from North Andover, MA., which told of a town employee, dept. head, who was selling old town property on EBay and keeping the money, etc..  So, again - I do not believe his story about the library.  I just wonder what they do with the book sale money.  Nora, what does the library do with the used book sale money?

#20 2009-11-26 19:30:02

i will bet that the yearly book sales bought is less than a thousand dollars a year when they were down yearly  perhaps nora bicki can help us with this figure   also this is a poor town there was no 3 million dollars given to the libraryin a 10 year period just kook at the spinning fund rasing  have they rasied more than 300 thousand in how many years from a hand full of people , i remember that the origional library was built for around 2 and a half million dollars  most of the money from grants from the state and federal gov and low cost interest loans  and i dont think they could  not raise more than  100 k  back then from private donners back then  and i think it was a lot less than 100 k , there are not a lot of bill gates and donald trumps living in town.   now i will say this if in 2 more monthes a police originzation does not investigate slagers accusations , that will be 3 monthes from his saying them , then they will be saying that his accusatins have no   validity and that he is a natural born liar.

#21 2009-11-26 21:51:34

ihateliz wrote:

i will bet that the yearly book sales bought is less than a thousand dollars a year when they were down yearly  perhaps nora bicki can help us with this figure   also this is a poor town there was no 3 million dollars given to the libraryin a 10 year period just kook at the spinning fund rasing  have they rasied more than 300 thousand in how many years from a hand full of people , i remember that the origional library was built for around 2 and a half million dollars  most of the money from grants from the state and federal gov and low cost interest loans  and i dont think they could  not raise more than  100 k  back then from private donners back then  and i think it was a lot less than 100 k , there are not a lot of bill gates and donald trumps living in town.   now i will say this if in 2 more monthes a police originzation does not investigate slagers accusations , that will be 3 monthes from his saying them , then they will be saying that his accusatins have no   validity and that he is a natural born liar.

Thank you.  I really didn't think that the money from the book sales would be as high as "possibly" $1,000 annually.  I am not really concerned with the amount of money made from the used book sales.  I knew of the book sales, but never attended one.  I'm curious as to how they pick a book to sell.  Is is after x amount of years old?  Stuff like that.  And......after the comment made of a private bank account, I wondered where it went.  Do you buy more books?  Is it to create a children's program?  That's all I really want to know.  Trust me, I was NOT trying to carry Slager's lies across the blogging lot.

Nope, no Trumps here.  Don't forget, I was a Tobey Hospital special, I was here through hurricane Carol, I went to Everett School & The Pilgrim Memorial School,  the library now occupies a portion of where the school was before it burnt down.

I know police officers in Wareham sometimes read from this site.  I believe that Slager's letter/article was taken to the top of the ladder.  If nothing has been done it is because they realize he has problems.  His problems are way beyond being a natural born liar.  He is ill.  I think everyone sees through this.

#22 2009-11-27 08:05:00

Don't anyone think that Bornof is not one of "us".
Bornof is a life long resident of the Town of Wareham, is very astute, knows almost "everyone", and I would trust Bornof with my life.
I don't say that about many people.
Bornof's family, both birth and married have been in Wareham for well over 100 years.
Bornof is the type of person you would love to have as a public official, but Bornof would never run.
Bornof's insights are invaluable to this site and Bornof's intentions are ALWAYS good.
I am proud to know Bornof.

#23 2009-11-27 10:39:24

I will try to give you all my best recall of what was earned at the yearly used book sales.  First books that are sold at the used book sales are donated by the public.  They aren't picked out of a selction, just what has been donated.  When there were just yearly sales (a week in July) the Friends made about $2,500.00 at first, then the sales increased with better publicity to about $3,000.00.  Next we tried twice yearly sales and made $3,800.00.  Eventually because of the increased donations the monthly used book sales were started.  The Friends made approximately $22,000.00 in used books sales for our last  physcal year which is May 1st through April 30th.  We owe many thanks to all the wonderful people that donate their books to us to sell.  The money from there sales are used in various ways for the library, such as; buying books, paying for child and adult programs, paper for the copiers, office supples, etc.
Priscilla Porter, Treasurer, Friedns of the wareham Free Library

#24 2009-11-27 13:15:29

danoconnell wrote:

Don't anyone think that Bornof is not one of "us".
Bornof is a life long resident of the Town of Wareham, is very astute, knows almost "everyone", and I would trust Bornof with my life.
I don't say that about many people.
Bornof's family, both birth and married have been in Wareham for well over 100 years.
Bornof is the type of person you would love to have as a public official, but Bornof would never run.
Bornof's insights are invaluable to this site and Bornof's intentions are ALWAYS good.
I am proud to know Bornof.

Wow. Sniffle, sniffle.  I am the one who deeply trusts and respects you for your honesty and integrity.   Thank you, Dan for the wonderful words.  I don't see myself as you do, but that's probably a good thing.  I just try to be a good person and I try to do my share.  You ARE right that I would never run for office, but if I was ever asked to be an honorary selectman, I would jump at the chance - not to vote on anything - but to keep them straight and honest.  Now, we both know THAT will never happen!

With tear filled eyes, I say thank you for the kind words from a fellow Warehamite.  I have to go blow my nose now!!!!

#25 2009-11-27 13:24:20

emma:
Where is the dropoff point for books donated to the library?  I have a stack to donate but I am unsure where to go.

#26 2009-11-27 13:41:19

emma6782 wrote:

I will try to give you all my best recall of what was earned at the yearly used book sales.  First books that are sold at the used book sales are donated by the public.  They aren't picked out of a selction, just what has been donated.  When there were just yearly sales (a week in July) the Friends made about $2,500.00 at first, then the sales increased with better publicity to about $3,000.00.  Next we tried twice yearly sales and made $3,800.00.  Eventually because of the increased donations the monthly used book sales were started.  The Friends made approximately $22,000.00 in used books sales for our last  physcal year which is May 1st through April 30th.  We owe many thanks to all the wonderful people that donate their books to us to sell.  The money from there sales are used in various ways for the library, such as; buying books, paying for child and adult programs, paper for the copiers, office supples, etc.
Priscilla Porter, Treasurer, Friedns of the wareham Free Library

I never would have known that these books are donated from private citizens.  Usually newspaper articles of the library would not interest me enough to read more than the headline, unless it sounds like a topic I am interested in.  Shame on me for not donating some books!  Yesterday, ihateliz said the book sale money went to the Friends of the WFL.  Everything is clear now.  The books being sold are not library property~and the friends use the money to help with library expenses that should be provided for in their budget~if it hadn't been cut.  My grandchildren have been involved with this library since they were babies.  I spent hour after hour at the old Wareham Free Library on High Street.  For referance a lot, but sometimes just to sit back and read a book feeling like I was in a castle.  Mrs. Reed was the librarian and a wonderful lady.

I am absolutely blown away by the amounts of money you mentioned.  Ihateliz will probably be surprised, too.  Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this to me.  I really do appreciate your facts.

#27 2009-11-27 15:55:58

born  i agree with dan your on the right side of things in wareham and keep up the good work , all of who post here are for  a better wareham   and i know your family has been in wareham a long time ,lets fight for a better wareham together,  i am really suprised they made this kind of money , i knew  the books were donated by regular folks to help the library ,  i just have one problem i know liz as you do and if she had not associated her self with slager this town would be a better place with out him and for this i cant forgive herand i  cant see how she can walk into the library as a trustee and hold her head high wiyh the dignity  this position requires  and i will say she cant fill the shoes of pricilla porter who was a trustee before this lawsuit and was forced off as a trustee  because of people like brocton brenda who she associates with weekly , they are seen together at tempest knob beach all the time,i guess she gooted  what she wanted a library on its knees, her freind susan forced out as  head librian , because it was allways about liz.   and born  i agree with 99% of the time but i just cant take liz pezzoli. keep up the good work in posting here we need your insights about wareham born.

#28 2009-11-27 17:16:14

Slager's library embezzlement fantasy made no sense, based solely on knowledge of the accused perpetrators.  The fantasy totally falls apart in light of factual evidence.  Clearly the total amount raised by book sales in the past ten years is considerably less than $100,000 dollars.  No money was raised from the copy machines, although Slager had claimed otherwise.  The devious plot of using the book sales and copy machine receipts to cover a two million dollar shortfall is ridiculous.  I hope the DA does investigate. It should take about 5 minutes to dismiss the entire case as a desperate attempt to increase the readership of a failing newspaper.

#29 2009-11-27 17:58:18

This is clearly a political website and if a town library is blocking it at the behest of town officials it seems to me that not only would the ACLU be interested in accepting a class action first amendment lawsuit, but the state library board would be interested as well.

A group of citizens could sue for being deprived of their first amendment rights at a tax funded library.

Not only that, the American Library Association ( http://www.ala.org/ ) should be kept apprised of the situation.

If you have you ducks in a row, a press release might be in order.

#30 2009-11-27 18:06:01

There is a cart to left as enter for book donations.  Members of the Friends empty it and store the books between sales.  If the books are in good condition and are needed they could end up on the library shelves rather than the used book sale.

#31 2009-11-30 01:04:49

ihateliz wrote:

born  i agree with dan your on the right side of things in wareham and keep up the good work , all of who post here are for  a better wareham   and i know your family has been in wareham a long time ,lets fight for a better wareham together,  i am really suprised they made this kind of money , i knew  the books were donated by regular folks to help the library ,  i just have one problem i know liz as you do and if she had not associated her self with slager this town would be a better place with out him and for this i cant forgive herand i  cant see how she can walk into the library as a trustee and hold her head high wiyh the dignity  this position requires  and i will say she cant fill the shoes of pricilla porter who was a trustee before this lawsuit and was forced off as a trustee  because of people like brocton brenda who she associates with weekly , they are seen together at tempest knob beach all the time,i guess she gooted  what she wanted a library on its knees, her freind susan forced out as  head librian , because it was allways about liz.   and born  i agree with 99% of the time but i just cant take liz pezzoli. keep up the good work in posting here we need your insights about wareham born.

I thank you.  I stopped reading the Courier years ago because it hardly contained anything but Plymouth and Bourne news.  It was not the Courier of years past when Win Cushman was our star reporter, gone, but not forgotten.  It was brought to my attention a few months ago of the connection with Slager to the Courier, Liz to the S-T & Enterprise, etc..  I honestly had no idea of this.  I actually thought he was from out of the blue to write for and then take over her paper.  I believe I know who you are now and if I am right, I totally understand why Liz upsets you and I have to tell you that I had many conversations (brief because I would get so angry that I would swear and walk away) about her critical and unfounded articles about the library, etc..  I was mindboggled that she could not understand why "her library friends" were upset with her.  Sarcastically, I would tell her why.  She didn't get it.  I don't bother any more.  My friend that helped her (you know her) is also disgusted.  Someday I will tell you about the property issue.  I can't say there is a friendship anymore, just a thread of old family loyalty left.  She walks into this friend's place in the same way that she walks into the library and it amazes me.  If I had done the damage to this library, and this town I would be walking with my head down and never set foot in the library again.  I can't answer how she does this and the only thought in my head is that she feels there is no one left there to care if she walks in or not.
Priscilla Porter is unique as the other members of the library staff were. 

I think I wrote this before, but she used to write about her friend Brenda and the "children" in her paper.  It didn't take long to figure out who she was talking about and before you know it Brockton Brenda was a selectman.  I and this is just my very strong opinion, think that she was going to direct Brenda from behind the scenes.  Teach her the ropes.  They make a great couple.  I know they speak and meet at various spots.  I think that she thought she would have more power over Brenda.  I am sure she has taught Brenda well on the workings of town hall, her likes and dislikes.  I avoid Liz any chance I get.  While at work last week I overheard her talking about the "hate bloggers and hate website".  I had all I could do to stay in my chair.  I prayed, "Lord keep your arm around me and your hand over my mouth."  As I am writing this I have a knot in my stomach.  She was sitting next to Brenda after TM when Brenda made the comment about "all these assholes, who never come to TM, etc" and that was my loving mate who nicely told Brockton Brenda - "Excuse me, but I am one of those assholes you're talking about."  Then, Brenda charged at him with the scream of a fisher cat!  I know you don't want to hear about Liz, but I want you to understand that I didn't know Slager's background with her.  I did tell her when I read things she wrote that were totally uncalled for, that she was wrong.  And yes, though I tried to explain it differently, I was always trying to say exactly your short version - It's all about Liz.

I am sorry for what you have been through and I sincerely understand your feelings.  I hope the little sunshine you have will make your days ahead better.

#32 2009-11-30 01:22:21

gogatemen wrote:

Slager's library embezzlement fantasy made no sense, based solely on knowledge of the accused perpetrators.  The fantasy totally falls apart in light of factual evidence.  Clearly the total amount raised by book sales in the past ten years is considerably less than $100,000 dollars.  No money was raised from the copy machines, although Slager had claimed otherwise.  The devious plot of using the book sales and copy machine receipts to cover a two million dollar shortfall is ridiculous.  I hope the DA does investigate. It should take about 5 minutes to dismiss the entire case as a desperate attempt to increase the readership of a failing newspaper.

I agree with your assessment, but the outcome is not as it should be.  According to Brockton Brenda - these frivolous investigations are wasting town $ and the County's $.  I am amazed that the DA has sent the town a letter saying that they are dismissing most of the executive meeting accusations.  They did not read what they were still investigating though. 

Sorry, got on a rant.  I hope the DA investigates also, but you are right, it will take 5 min. to dismiss the entire case (for the reasons you give).  Then what?  Slager won't even get a slap on the wrist and he knows it.  I would be the last person to take bread off the table or the roof over the head of children, but Slager has nothing for us to sue for, even as a class action suit.

Maybe we could get his partner's home in California.  Not.  I would settle for him to never enter the town of Wareham again, never use his computer again, etc., etc.  Sounds like a Disney fantasy...........when you wish upon a star.........................

#33 2009-11-30 01:58:25

bornofwareham wrote:

I think I wrote this before, but she used to write about her friend Brenda and the "children" in her paper.  It didn't take long to figure out who she was talking about and before you know it Brockton Brenda was a selectman.  I and this is just my very strong opinion, think that she was going to direct Brenda from behind the scenes.  Teach her the ropes.  They make a great couple.  I know they speak and meet at various spots.  I think that she thought she would have more power over Brenda.  I am sure she has taught Brenda well on the workings of town hall, her likes and dislikes.  I avoid Liz any chance I get.  While at work last week I overheard her talking about the "hate bloggers and hate website".  I had all I could do to stay in my chair.  I prayed, "Lord keep your arm around me and your hand over my mouth."  As I am writing this I have a knot in my stomach.  She was sitting next to Brenda after TM when Brenda made the comment about "all these assholes, who never come to TM, etc" and that was my loving mate who nicely told Brockton Brenda - "Excuse me, but I am one of those assholes you're talking about."  Then, Brenda charged at him with the scream of a fisher cat!  I know you don't want to hear about Liz, but I want you to understand that I didn't know Slager's background with her.  I did tell her when I read things she wrote that were totally uncalled for, that she was wrong.  And yes, though I tried to explain it differently, I was always trying to say exactly your short version - It's all about Liz.

One of my favorite parts in participating in this blog is hearing the backgrounds and personal insights of you all (or y'all for Larry)..You don't disappoint here bornof. All of what you say fits right in with the limited view I have myself. For instance, as you talked about Brenda's entry into Wareham's "politics" (which I was unaware) I recalled a point in the meeting when "Move Wareham Forward" was introduced. She (Brenda) said (paraphrasing) "I didn't know anything, but I knew I/we could do better" (Really??)...Also, you give me insight into Liz "the Cat Lady" (whom I don't know)..and you obviously have known her for a long time and are (I believe) giving her more than a fair chance at "redemption"... she seems to fall shy. Thanks for sharing.

I don't know. I think the best way to try and "fix" things is at the polls. The dominoes will start to fall then. Click the date below my "signature" and as time ticks by, watch how it appears to speed up. April 6 is coming..let's affect some change then, starting now.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-11-30 02:01:38)

#34 2009-11-30 03:27:18

I wish we had done a recall.  Yes, it would have been expensive, but I think the present board of selectmen have cost us far more money since our talk of a recall.  I have been begging people to PLEASE VOTE IN APRIL.  Our town has not hit rock bottom.  I only know of one candidate so far, which I plan on voting for.  I listened to him call in to a tv show and watched the pious look of Alan Slavin.  I was proud of his composure as I am afraid I would not have been as kind as he was.   I am not evil, but even though I have never struck a person before, If my hand could have reached through the video - I would have liked to give him a smack to get that look off his face.

Do we have another candidate in the wings?  Larry (and Liz) are tough and are not backing down on any issue.  I would like to see Larry or P-span.  I physically could not  do a position like this, nor would I.  I like being behind the curtain.  Too many candidates will weaken our chances of getting a good person elected, but we need more than one.  Anyone out there that you know of?

#35 2009-11-30 07:16:06

born   thank you for your kind words .   i too will be out in april to vote these villians out in april

#36 2009-11-30 08:50:43

bornofwareham wrote:

Anyone out there that you know of?

Rest assured..good candidates are ready to step up. They are going to come out when they're ready, as I believe they are preparing themselves for the "smear job" a certain ragwriter (and others) are sure to "administer"...another month (or less) and we'll know, then full steam ahead toward April. Also, I'd expect (my guess) a "Donahue backed" Schneider and/or Begley (yup, our MWF buddies) to throw their hats into the ring, as I believe that's been their plan all along (for the children cuz they're watching, y' know?) Just like the Bozo's in "office" now, don't buy it. I agree, I wish for a recall in my sweetest dreams...even sweeter would be a sudden outbreak of resignations, but don't expect any of our heroes to accept responsibility for their screwups and recognize their "service" is no longer "appreciated" or wanted. As citizens spoke loudly (to their dismay) at TM, April's message will state in no uncertain terms how much support they've garnered by their fine handling of our town. One step at a time the people of Wareham will take back our town.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-11-30 08:57:02)

#37 2009-11-30 09:04:46

FYI, I am new to following along with the town happeings and I have nver heard of either name mentioned, Schneider / Begley so i dont know if they are associated with Mr & Mrs. Moderator (and I assume that is the case with the MAJORITY of the town).

Point being, everything should be done so that "someone like me" DOES KNOW IF THERE IS AN ASSOCIATION OR NOT.  THis is the time to do it to show an established realtionship and as the election moves on it is evident that one of these people is not a change, it is simply a mask for them.

#38 2009-11-30 09:10:22

WHAAAAT!!!! wrote:

..I have nver heard of either name mentioned, Schneider / Begley

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#39 2009-11-30 09:31:27

WHAAAAT!!!! wrote:

FYI, I am new to following along with the town happeings and I have nver heard of either name mentioned, Schneider / Begley so i dont know if they are associated with Mr & Mrs. Moderator (and I assume that is the case with the MAJORITY of the town).

Point being, everything should be done so that "someone like me" DOES KNOW IF THERE IS AN ASSOCIATION OR NOT.  THis is the time to do it to show an established realtionship and as the election moves on it is evident that one of these people is not a change, it is simply a mask for them.

YES.... mrs begely's husband gave to campaign funds for selectmen...

#40 2009-11-30 09:37:05

I could spend an hour laying out the association between Begley/Schneider and the current BOS (and Moderator), but I'll save that for after they file their papers. Why waste good typing at this point?

Watch the videos above and also be aware that the MWF just happened to appear after the MBF movement. Then if you view the video of the meeting, you can see the agenda that is clearly a dog/pony show for the Selectmen and their agenda. It backfired at Town meeting, and Mrs. Begley commented on that in a courier comment section, blaming special interest groups (which she is obviously a part of).

#41 2009-11-30 09:50:40

Larry McDonald wrote:

Watch the videos above and also be aware that the MWF just happened to appear after the MBF movement. Then if you view the video of the meeting, you can see the agenda that is clearly a dog/pony show for the Selectmen and their agenda. It backfired at Town meeting, and Mrs. Begley commented on that in a courier comment section, blaming special interest groups (which she is obviously a part of).

MWF2??

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-11-30 09:51:53)

#42 2009-11-30 10:37:56

MWF = Move Wareham Forward

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com