#1 2009-11-21 19:15:56

As we are now only days away from Thanksgiving, often a time of reflection for that which we are grateful, a friend of mine started a little trend on Facebook and I thought it was fun. The way it works is we must write about what we are thankful for each day between now and Thanksgiving, of course, not all of us check the site every day so even one or two posts is fine. I'll start:
I am thankful for my family, I have the best husband in the world, the most amazing daughter who I love more than life itself, and my parents are the best (my in-laws were also fabulous, may they rest in peace). I am thankful for my friends, God has truly blessed me with some of the most wonderful and caring circle of friends (both old and new). I am thankful for my animals, my dog and kitties who I love with all my heart.
Okay, so I guess that is three things, but the bottom line is I am thankful for those I share my life with (including the four legged ones!)

#2 2009-11-21 19:57:24

I am very thankful for my mom. Some of you have had the opportunity to meet her.My dad has passed on, they raised 3 boys. My brother Jim passed away 2 years ago many of you knew Jim he was a good guy. A couple of weeks ago the Town of Fairhaven dedicated the new boat ramp in his memory.Jim was on the Planning Board and was a member of the Harbormaster crew. I am very thankful to have had these 3 as part of my life and now dad and Jim in everyday memory, and mom in everyday reality.

Nice thread Carla.

Steve

#3 2009-11-21 20:13:38

I am very thankful for my mon. she is going in for a Pacemaker on Tuesday while that is routine for most for a person 87 it is not. I pray that the God of your choice protects you all. the fact that i can say that is what I am most thankful for.

#4 2009-11-21 20:53:19

Steve, your brothers life was cut too short, what a nice tribute to him! My step-grandparents live in Fairhaven, such a pretty place with lots of interesting history.

Kinsailman, I will add your mom to our prayers, keep us posted on how she does!

#5 2009-11-22 12:16:46

I have so much to be thankful for! I am thankful for my family. It is great to see the family gather around the table and feast on Thanksgiving day. I'm thankful that my son chose to attend college up here instead of Tennessee. I get to see him every day! I'm thankful for friends, old and new.

I'm thankful I was blessed to spend my father's last few weeks with him. I am very thankful that God took him home to rest after such a difficult fight. I"m thankful every day that he taught me to be strong and fair with my own children and I know he was very proud of his grandchildren. I am also sure he was overjoyed to see his three children in the same place together for the first time in 30 years.

I'm thankful for my daughter's boyfriend (I never thought I would say that!)

Happy Thanksgiving all!

#6 2009-11-22 16:31:16

Today I am thankful that I have the good fortune of being able to help those who are down on their luck this holiday season, and that my daughter is able to participate in giving!

Larry, beautiful story, I am sure your dad is smiling upon you from Heaven!

#7 2009-11-22 23:33:54

I was blessed with wonderful parents who raised us with love and showed us
by their actions to respect and love God, our family and friends.  I have
passed this along to my children as their legacy.  My parents and grand-
parents passed on their love and respect of, and loyalty to this wonderful
country, The United States of America.  For this I will forever be thankful.

Please remember and pray for our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Last edited by bornofwareham (2009-11-22 23:39:24)

#8 2009-11-24 17:28:22

Cara
and all of you thank you for your prayers my Mon did fine today and will be home for Thanksgiving. Now that the energizer battery is in her she can't be stopped. We are all in trouble. I think this means I have to get a hair cut. Thank you all and have a great Thanksgiving. Go Wareham. Dan you can start the Fire any time.

#9 2009-11-24 19:02:48

You got it, Kin...Happy Thanksgiving and you have many blessings. A healthy mom and a healthy grandson..
You are truly blessed!!.

#10 2009-11-24 19:04:36

Hope all your deliveries went well have a good one.

#11 2009-11-24 19:12:09

Now Kinsailman, THAT is something to be thankful for! Have a Happy Thanksgiving :-)

Today I am thankful that Kinsailmans mom has made it through her surgery and will be home with her family in time for Thanksgiving. This afternoon my 4 year old daughter asked me a question to which I mindlessly reply that I did not know the answer. She said, of course you know the answer mommy, you know everything! I think sometimes as adults we forget how important our parents are to us and how once upon a time they were EVERYTHING to us. I had a glimpse of that today, now I am going to go call my mom to tell her I love her.

#12 2009-11-24 19:13:00

kin glad to hear the family is all ok.. enjoy your thanksgiving...

#13 2009-11-24 19:58:44

Great news Kin!!!

Last night I went to Sean's Thanksgiving Mass.He sings in the Jr Choir at school (and yes Francis) they still have some retired nuns working there.

As I watched him singing his heart out, I thought about how proud and blessed I am to have him and Heather in my life. They are great kids.(Of course she was trying to tease him, he knew better though) The nuns were watching.

I also ran into my old First Seargent after Mass I had not seen old O'Herve in many years.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!

#14 2009-11-24 20:09:49

don't nock the Nuns the gave me the courage and disaplyn that got me through the service Nam and other places. thank you sister Leo.

#15 2009-11-24 21:20:52

Sr Leo from New Bedford?? My 3rd grade teacher was Sr Leo.RSM

#16 2009-11-24 21:29:06

The one and only. Holy Name School. Linden St.

#17 2009-11-24 22:21:03

She was our third grade teacher at St Mary's. Sean is going to HFHN now.

#18 2009-11-25 10:08:59

So, tonight I will rub down the turkey...it's a nice plump 14lb'er. Tomorrow morning (5 or 6 am), I will shove a beer can up her butt and place her gently in the smoker with some lovely hickory wood. In approximately 8 hours, we will be thankful for the turkey!

I normally use Heineken, but this year, in honor of the north, I have been told about a few different beers that have interesting taste and might be good to use in smoking a turkey.

So far:
Magic Hat #9-has a hint of apricot taste to it.
Sam Adams- Boston Lager

Any other suggestions before I hit the package store????

#19 2009-11-25 10:41:42

Wow, I'm thankful for my Turkey award.  Bobo says I lie through my teeth.  That's funny.  He lies with every inch of his butt ugly face.

Gobble gobble gobble, what's that sound?  Oh right, the sound of Bobo's lips on Brucey's butt.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-11-25 10:44:05)

#20 2009-11-25 14:09:22

Happy Thanksgiving to all on this site...those who visit and those who contribute.
I am proud to "know" you all.
I am HAMATRON5000.

#21 2009-11-25 20:36:55

Well gang, you got to me.

First, I am ever so thankful that my family, the kids and the grandkids are so healthy on this day.

Second, one of the grandkids is borderline autistic. I am ever so thankful that his Mom, my daughter, is the intense, well-attuned ward of my grandson. He is a beautiful little boy, and if anyone can get him thru this, it is his Mom. she is a very special young lady.

Third, I am thankful just to be here, as the cardiologist told me that I was only a few days away from termination. Open heart surgery saved the day.

Fourth, I am way beyond thankful that an intense, very attractive young lady chose me to be the object of her affections, 45 years ago. And so thankful that she gave us those wonderful kids, who, in turn, gave us a stunning group of grandkids. And so thankful that she teamed up with an outstanding medical team that allowed her to survive five abdominal surgeries in five years. And so thankful that she has a new team to work with her in her battle with lymphoma.

So all of those thoughts will be in my mind tomorrow. But then, they are there every day. Every day is a day for Thanksgiving.

Notalawyer

#22 2009-11-25 20:39:22

God bless you and your's, nal.

#23 2009-11-25 20:44:21

Thank you bbrady.

and the same to you, right back at you.

#24 2009-11-25 21:03:14

NAL and others, thank you for sharing your personal stories. Thankfully, the tribulations some of you have had to endure exist in the "nightmare scenario's" for me. Not that I've been without "hurdles", but thankfully, thus far I've been for the most part quite fortunate not to have suffered many "major" events. As I read about Cara's (and other's) appreciation for their children, it echoes my own experiences with mine.

I happened to catch some of a show on the History channel about the pilgrims yesterday and their whole story (pretty good, try and catch it)..All the names sounding all too familiar in these parts to anyone who's spent any time here. I like to try and think about what was going on, in this very area 388!! years ago. I think (know) we are so much more fortunate as far as "modern comfort's", and overall advantages to our way of life. Then again, what's been lost?

Anyway, I'm thankful for many things, including you, my fellow Pilgrims..

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-11-26 00:03:54)

#25 2009-11-25 21:10:47

i am thankful for my husband, family, and friends... i am glad to be considered as a hateblogger because i have come to "know" so many sisters and brothers from another mother here that i have come to respect and gain knowledge from their widsom...

i am thankful for my town Wareham where my family has grown up and lived for so many generations.. this is where i and my husband chose to buy a home and raise our daughter in Wareham..

blessings to all.....:)

#26 2009-11-25 21:40:59

NAL, your wife daughter, and grandson will be in our prayers. As the mother of a child who has faced her own medical and developmental issues I understand how difficult it is to be a constant advocate for your child.

PSPAN, I am a firm believer (now) that everything in this life happens for a reason. I believe that I am a better person then I could have ever been because of my daughter.

Sometimes I wish that instead of using these sweeping generalities such as "hatebloggers" if anyone would ever bother to understand what inspires each of us.

Despite spending four months on the campaign trail I have never been asked what inspires me.

But, for tonight I am grateful that my precious daughter is sound asleep on night two of no binky, while she went to sleep later then usual she did not ask for it once. What a trooper! I just love my Savannah!

Liz, I am also very thankful for gnomes :-)

#27 2009-11-25 21:55:43

Nota,
I'm very thankful to know you and your lovely bride of 45 years will be in my prayers. So many of you have touched my hearts and I know that we make an awesome team. We arent' hate bloggers, we are truth bloggers, and that is that!

If anyone wants to get up at 6am and load the bird in the smoker, I'll be outside stuffing a beer can up it's butt and then cooking it slow!

Love to all of you and especially my gnome!

#28 2009-11-25 22:05:45

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, friend or foe!  Enjoy your time with you families and take the time to build many more wonderful memories that will also be passed on hopefully for many generations to come. Take care and have a great day, God Bless!!!!

humorous happy thanksgiving Pictures, Images and Photos

Last edited by wareham pride (2009-11-25 22:07:27)

#29 2009-11-26 09:00:38

Please remember today that there will be thousands of our American  families that will have chairs at the feast table that are empty.
They represent the amazing men and women that serve us in the military and are far from home and hearth.
We pray that they will be home next year to begin lives that will contribute to our great Nation and to the safety and freedom that we all enjoy.

#30 2009-11-26 10:47:59

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#31 2009-11-26 19:39:51

P-SPAN wrote:

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Thank you.  I love that video clip.  Red, white & blue runs through my veins and at this moment I have goose bumps on my skin.  God Bless America!

#32 2009-11-26 21:06:22

Tonight I am thankful for all the wonderful people I have been blessed with in my life.

I am also thankful that I have enough energy to pull an all night shopping trip (Toys R Us opens at midnight, Old Navy at 3 am, JC Penney at 4 am, Target & Wal*Mart at 5 am). I just love those deals!

Love the video P-Span!

#33 2009-11-27 08:08:18

My wife was up at 3 AM and out and about. She is still out! She will be out tomorrow as well with her sister and mother, and the stores had better stand by.
My debit card is crying from the pain!!
If stores had to depend on men getting up at midnight, like Cara, or 3 AM like Kathy, they would be out of business very quickly.
Kind of like if men had to have babies, we would not exist.

#34 2009-11-27 12:51:35

Lol Dan, I was out at midnight Toys R Us, home for an on-line shopping break at 3 am, JC Penney at 4 am, Target at 5 am, and then Wal*Mart at 6:30 am! My bank account is on life support, but I got some GREAT deals! I think I saved more then I spent, how can you beat that? And I am contributing to the economic recovery, plus other than Toys R Us I went to all Wareham stores!

#35 2009-11-28 11:59:22

Thank you to all of you that have donated clothng and other items over the past few weeks. There are many local people that will be warm and well dressed thanks to your generosity.

If you have clothes, blankets or other items that you would like to donate just give me a call 508-536-5612 and we will arrange to pick them up.

Thanks again!!
Steve

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com