#2 2009-11-18 08:06:57

Great letter, Larry...

#3 2009-11-18 10:01:10

I agree with you on this one Larry.  If the BoS invite the DA, AG, FBI, IRS, CIA or whatever in to investigate, don't they (the DA for example)  first have to establish that a crime was committed?

Since the tabloid writer admitted to having 123 names of those involved in his possession, I'm sure he would have to turn those over to the authorities either voluntarily or by subpoena.

Then, the trustee informant has already agreed to go before the grand jury to testify, so what' a chair in DA's office?

Now we all know about immunity. Can we assume that the powers that are investigating will offer at least ONE of the alleged 123 tax immunity to provide proof of the alleged money laundering, loan sharking, embezzlement scheme?

And of course, I'm sure if  one of the library employees is asked, they'll have to give them the name of the copy machine company so they can get that story verified.

And since we learned on this site every book bought with taxpayer money will have an invoice in the accountants office, I can only assume that the powers will subpoena those records and that will take care of the used book sale/new book sale issue.

All in all, if this alleged crime took place, (which we all know it did not)  it shouldn't take long to get to the bottom of it!!

I'm not sure if I have my legal stuff correct. Anyone know how an investigation of this type would proceed?

#4 2009-11-18 19:31:30

I appreciate all the comments. I look forward to the day when I can turn my attention to writing about history and life experiences instead of the fools that are holding down our beautiful town.

#5 2009-11-18 20:35:03

Larry McDonald wrote:

I appreciate all the comments. I look forward to the day when I can turn my attention to writing about history and life experiences instead of the fools that are holding down our beautiful town.

I read your letter when it first came on line - I couldn't sleep so here I sat.  You really did a good job.  I'm looking forward to the day my town is the way it was, so to speak, and reading a letter or blog from you about something
that is just plain NICE!  You have a talent with words.

I just read the blog from Molly.  We all know the library was run properly & if something was done that wasn't quite right,  I'm sure it was an innocent mistake.  Things like that happen in our homes for God's sake.  Yes, this is a grander scale, but I'm sure you got the point.     My problem with this is the alledged 123 people involved with tax evasion.  IF that ever happened, how would you round up that many people to go along with this.  Word or whisper of mouth.  I don't think anyone spoke up and said "let me launder your money so you can get a tax right off".   SO - since Slager printed his letter of cowardness (gag) and admitted knowing the names of these 123 tax evaders, DOESN'T ANYONE THINK THAT THERE WOULD BE 123 VERY SCARED PEOPLE OUT THERE, DOING A LOT OF BUZZING?  Someone would have let the cat out of the bag by now or even before Slager's letter.  Some, or I should say a lot of people can't keep a secret. 

We now know that "the ledger" was the antique book of Wareham.  Is this why Brenda was in MJ's computer?  Change the lock?  Like, shut the barn door after the horse is gone?  Mary Ann Silva's actions are definately way out there.  What's she got to hide? 

I think Slager has been reading stories from other towns and decided to do the same, but only for some attention.  I heard on the news today that a town employee in NORTH ANDOVER is being charged with (I believe) embezzlement and selling town property on E-BAY and pocketing the money.  Slager just did a little twist of names and words and SHAZAMM - a new story to upset the good people of Wareham.

Another thing I keep forgetting to say.  Slager mentioned one night that the selectmen were meeting and everyone had to wait in the hallway and two people starting talking about something in town and he overheard them because they didn't know who he was.  I LMAO.

Keep up the good work Larry.  You have more supporters than you could ever imagine.

#6 2009-11-18 21:06:51

I appreciate the kinds words. I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about the non resident reporter. We have bigger fish to fry.  Our elected officials have been running the town in the ground and we need everyone to join together and put responsible quality people in those seats.

We all play a part in this process. :)

#7 2009-11-19 08:36:10

I have to tell you that after I watched the tuesday night BOS meeting, I had the full array of emotions. To watch our elected officials bicker over a board appointment was amusing. I actually smiled about that. My theory is that if other citizens are watching, they see the completely unprofessional and secretive nature of these bozos. I then watched in horror as they agreed to negotiate with a TA candidate that was "stopped" for DUI two times since 2006. As a parent I was angry. I realize people deserve a second chance, but question whether this was the proper way to bring in new leadership. The approval level of the Selectmen is at an all time low and this took their credibility down a notch. THis guy may be a wiz with numbers, but the first time he is stopped for DUI, the Selectmen should expect a class action lawsuit from the entire town. If something worse happens (God forbid), then they better expect to move to another town or state. Poor hires reflect on the hiring authority, and this BOS has a track record that would cause them to be terminated at any respectable company.

When the Selectmen made a smart move to NOT tie up town money in a senseless audit of the library, they finally got something right. A letter from the Selectmen to the DA was lip service, but shows they will throw their mouthpiece a small bone. First, they Selectmen have no jurisdiction over the books of the former trustees, so it would be a waste of time. The mysterious ledger and informants still remain deep in hiding and probably do not exist. I have to believe the Selectmen have other reasons to pass on the audit (the name John Donahue comes to mind) and perhaps they are finally starting to see you can't toss crap on the wall and hope it sticks. I doubt it was my email, but I can always hope.

All in all, the ball of twine is starting to unravel. Citizens are beginning to stand up and say No More and even their staunchest supporters are beginning to waiver. If we can bring forth good candidates that have professional decorum and a good vision for Wareham, we can make headway to repair the damage caused by the current ship of fools.

A sliver of hope is growing :)

#8 2009-11-19 08:48:29

Maybe we're starting off on the wrong foot with this guy, Larry. Let's throw a keg party..no cover charge for our new boy!! Sound good?? (I'll bring the Jägermeister)

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#9 2009-11-20 12:05:47

Bill, I would respectfully ask you to remove the above post. We shouldn't be advertising for the paper that shall be remain nameless. Thank you

#10 2009-11-20 12:16:09

Hey Bobo! How 'bout you cut Onsetdud loose for posting your "copyrighted material" in full here? You banned Liz for less than this.

Ms Lilly, I've been reading some of your comments lately. How about a little admission of you and your boys hypocrisy here. Dud, your a dolt.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#11 2009-11-20 12:29:11

Larry,

Either you are sincere in wanting to learn all that is known about the matter of the Library, or your editorial is yet more lip service and empty rhetoric ala Westfield - which you still offer nothing as an alternative btw.

Mr. Whitehouse, do you run this website or do Larry and P-SPAN?  Or do 3 unnamed emailers?

Good Day

#12 2009-11-20 12:33:50

Your here to raise a ruckus onsetdolt..nothing more..Just like Bobo's evidence, nothing more..Don't hold your breathe on his allegations, or most of what he spews in his "op/ed" rag.

What's the matter, slow over at the "Cuckoo's Nest"?
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2096/2225028506_769d8e279c_o.jpg

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-11-20 12:35:27)

#13 2009-11-20 12:37:24

Onsetdud,
I have learned a great deal about the library and the WFL, and the former trustees. My point is to remove your previous post because the content is:
1. material from another site that does not belong here or anywhere
2. is incomplete. If you read the entire story (including comments after the story) you get a true sense for what is going on.
3. Is free advertising for a new source that is in direct competition with this site.

If you do not see the alternative in my letter to the editor, then you are either not capable of reading or your comprehension skills are lacking.

Again with Westfield. I am surprised you haven't heard, but you are too busy running your mouth and not aware of what is actually happening off the blogs.

#14 2009-11-20 12:41:10

I am most interested to hear what is happening off the blogs regarding potential elderly housing. 

Where might we ALL find this information?

#15 2009-11-20 12:42:28

In that article, I see a bold claim of "an attempt to defraud the state out of $537,130", and then a bunch of numbers which all look impressive, but don't actually say anything.  Nowhere does it explain where that $537k number comes from.  Again, it appears like he's throwing a bunch of poo at the wall and trying to see what sticks. 

It looks like it says a lot, but really....it doesn't say anything.  I'm sure a lot of people will skim it and say "wow, Slager really did his homework and the library people are terrible", but seriously - read that article closely.  Nowhere in it does he come anywhere close to a coherent argument about anything, much less about his claims.  As always, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

#16 2009-11-20 12:45:44

How about a comprehensive study that will include all sites owned by Wareham? How about the proper authorities undertaking the study (instead of the Selectmen)? You hear anything about that? Ask around, you just might.

Cas, you have email.

#17 2009-11-20 12:48:07

ACO wrote:

In that article, I see a bold claim of "an attempt to defraud the state out of $537,130", and then a bunch of numbers which all look impressive, but don't actually say anything.

I see that too ACO.  I had more questions than answers after reading it, and I thought some folks here might be able to offer some insight.  That's tough to do when others are only capable of shooting the messenger.

I look forward to more substantive discussion on this, if anyone else can.  Wish we had Ms. Lilly here.

#18 2009-11-20 12:50:56

Larry McDonald wrote:

How about a comprehensive study that will include all sites owned by Wareham? How about the proper authorities undertaking the study (instead of the Selectmen)? You hear anything about that? Ask around, you just might.

Cas, you have email.

Sorry to not be jacked-in with your friends.  I'll ask again, who might ANYONE ask to learn more about this?  Has it been covered by the press, or mentioned at a BOS meeting.  This will be a public and transparent process, right?

Thanks In Advance

#19 2009-11-20 12:54:05

My friends? Whew...you are a shill for sure. I am sure you will know when it comes out in the press. Perhaps you should broaden your circle of friends?

#20 2009-11-20 12:56:38

onsetdude wrote:

Has it been covered by the press, or mentioned at a BOS meeting.  This will be a public and transparent process, right?

Transparent?? Is that a joke?? I'll leave that hypocrisy alone.

What, the Bobo rag isn't considered "press" even by you? What to do Bobo, when your loyal drones don't even give you a little cred?

..and watch the meetings yourself and answer your own question on that..Do I need to "spoon feed" it to ya??

I recognize you for what you are, as I did with Slager and Ms Lilly, and your opinions of me don't amount to jack to me..So, we disagree..see you at the polls, onsetdud.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-11-20 13:00:15)

#21 2009-11-20 13:01:10

It's okay P, I believe this is the famous 4dognite from that other site. He likes to sit over there and pontificate on the posters here.

#22 2009-11-20 13:05:47

Smart gnomey..at first I was like "C' mon, did you have to re-post the whole pile of garbage?"...then it hit me...gnomes are clever..

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#23 2009-11-20 13:27:36

Gnomes are wicked clever and very good at research!  In the meantime, it's back to the phone. Apparently our State Senate decided to pass a Bill that guts the industry I work in. Too bad they aren't familiar with my boss :) We have the entire NE chapter of our industry's "legal arm" in full swing!

I wouldn't lend much effort to Onsetdud.4dognite. To be honest, they want to talk about what we are doing to improve Wareham, but none of them showed up to give to Damien's Pantry or donate clothes, so I could care less what they think of me.

and now....just for PSpan....

9-0

yohoho!

#24 2009-11-20 13:46:29

I just want to point out that as soon as they post here, they go back to the other site and post what is said. Yep, they are quite the fun bunch.

Enough of this and back to more important things!

#25 2009-11-20 13:53:35

The moles will no longer be welcome

#26 2009-11-20 13:58:01

Larry McDonald wrote:

wicked clever!

Ahhh, Southern boy's turning "true" yankee?? You said you NEVER use "wicked"..you're changing into one of us right before our eyes...busted : )

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#27 2009-11-20 14:12:40

Ewww, I must go south soon. Do i have to shrink 6 to 7 inches and be angry all the time?

#28 2009-11-20 14:33:53

Nope, you're in, my rebel friend..

http://www.pawls.lib.ms.us/yankee_doodle.JPG

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#29 2009-11-20 17:26:23

P-SPAN wrote:

Larry McDonald wrote:

wicked clever!

Ahhh, Southern boy's turning "true" yankee?? You said you NEVER use "wicked"..you're changing into one of us right before our eyes...busted : )

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

pspan he's half there.....wicked cleva

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com