#1 2009-11-17 20:03:09

Ham's crystal balls were on the fritz tonight as the select-clowns give a unanimous vote to Mr. Boozy, their new Drunky Flunky!  Yes, Essex College asked him to step down (according to the Lawrence Eagle Tribune), Mattapoisett didn't want him, yet gosh darn it, our select clowns welcome him with open arms!

Grab a cold one and step on the gas, it's town administratin' time!

#2 2009-11-17 20:14:31

Bobo, what did you say again, oh right Andrews should have publicly acknowledged his past, the selectmen were testing him to see if he'd bring it up and were shocked he didn't and you'd be stunned if he got hired now.

Get ready to backpeddle like a good little Brucey bitch.

Can anyone explain how a dude with two alleged DUI related arrests gets put in the highest administration spot in town, but a dude with a bar suspension gets tossed?  Neither one is good but seems like the bar suspension is not as bad as this.

Oh well, screw it, the town's a sinking ship anyway.

Too bad the selectmen didn't think to call in the local MADD and SADD groups to explain their decision.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-11-17 20:37:13)

#3 2009-11-17 21:27:15

I missed the meeting..recorded it though..
Is that what happened?? Well raise a glass and toast our new TA...Cheers!
http://arblog.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/a-toast-by-homer-simpson.jpg

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-11-17 21:28:01)

#4 2009-11-18 07:28:58

What I found interesting was the obvious tension between the bos during this meeting. Janie telling Bruce to "let me finish" was a gem. Since the meeting started a little late, were they in exec. session ahead of time? Tempers were close to the surface, that's for sure.

The discussion over the committee appointment was embarrassing. You don't hold a position open because someone is thinking of applying. I feel bad for Ms. Gay (?) that they were going to appoint. Then they did appoint her against Brucie's choice to wait. Nasty business. Who would want to serve on any committee if there is a chance for public humiliation? I've actually been told by some people they won't apply because of the "dreaded" interview on Tuesday Night Live.

Then the nasty business over the auto dealer licenses. That discussion was painful to watch.

Seems to me like not all is well in Selectman-ville. 

As to the vote on the guy with the DUI history? Why not be consistent. If you rescind a job offer to a library director for losing his license for a year over a decade age, why hire a guy with DUIs to his name? Especially when other qualified candidates are in the pool?

Then ragboy has put them in a tight spot over the library issue. Even if they think it is totally off the wall they have to do something--DA involved?

I believe those of you mentioning K and P about last night's meeting might be mistaken. They kept referring to Atty. Torres who is not a K and P atty. but the town of Taunton's attorney (If I recall) and has been doing work as special counsel for our town$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Finally--Mr. Cruz speaks!!!  I heard at least 5 sentences in a row at one time. Wow.

#5 2009-11-18 07:44:40

i am confused also with town counsel.. we have an army of lawyers @ k&p yet we hire torres who has a full time job with the town of taunton.......WTF??????????

#6 2009-11-18 07:58:38

Didn't they just give the lawbrarian some extra oomph to his potential case against the town?  "You give me the shaft but you hire Boozy?!"

This was a tough one to call - on one hand, I thought maybe they'd realize the public disapproval was overwhelming.  On the other hand, I knew they would not turn down the chance to hire a lackey's lackey.  He has few options, so little room to disagree, so it will just be, "Yes Brucey, whatever you say Brucey."  (You know, what Bobo says every day).

#7 2009-11-18 08:37:15

Molly wrote:

As to the vote on the guy with the DUI history? Why not be consistent. If you rescind a job offer to a library director for losing his license for a year over a decade age, why hire a guy with DUIs to his name? Especially when other qualified candidates are in the pool?

Then ragboy has put them in a tight spot over the library issue. Even if they think it is totally off the wall they have to do something--DA involved?

Molly,  I have to agree that their TA choice is most concerning.  He will simply become another puppet like the ITA as they hold over his head his past.  And they'll put it into his contract if he accepts.  My guess is that he'll have to accept because no other community will have him.

Anyone find it odd that niether of their top two have any municipal management experience.  Lord help us.

As for ragboy, I don't see a tight spot.  The only one in a tight spot is ragboy himself.  If the BOS had half a brain they would tell him to put up or shut up.  It's all his little story without one shred of evidence.  The DA, AG, IG, FBI, you name it, will do nothing without documentation.  Watch Bobo squirm now.  If he were a smart man, which we all know he's not, he would stay in Halifax.  In fact I'm willing to bet he'll be more belligerent (if that's possible).  I simply hope the BOS are finally aware that he is the venom in Wareham and the antidote is to ignore him !!!

#8 2009-11-18 09:08:24

How did that old Abbott & costello routine go?

Yunits on first
Torres on second
K & P on third

and the taxpayers are left out!

#9 2009-11-18 09:10:30

Let's see....

They rescinded the one who got thrown out of the bar
Hired the one who won't leave the bar

Twilight Zone, anyone?

#10 2009-11-18 14:29:54

STILL NO SPIN ABOUT THE TA YET FROM BOBO.

#11 2009-11-18 14:44:57

No spin, but he pretty much copied the Standard Times story, and stuff from here.

#12 2009-11-18 14:56:57

The selectmen were testing him and were "Shocked" he didn't announce his background publicly, "we would be stunned" if he got the job, he said.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com