#1 2009-11-15 11:47:17

Yes, my friends, this blog has long been responsible for any and all bad stuff that has ever happened since, oh, biblical plagues, pestilence, famines, etc. Right done to and including the H1N1 influenza epidemic, you bunch of swine, you.

And the rejected candidate for the Library Director position has blamed YOU, all of YOU, every last One of YOU. Hey!, no hiding behind the sofa over there, you're part of this, too.

YOU started it, BillW; you just had to Google him that night, dinja?

Bad Bloggers! BAD! You can all go to your rooms, no NFL for you today!

but before you do, can someone please explain the following from the article?

"the Town bowed to pressure from an outcry on local blogs..."

Say what?

WAREHAM
LIBRARY SHAKEUP - The Wareham Free Library’s new director has been cut loose before he got a chance to start the job. On Nov. 6, interim Town Administrator John Sanguinet announced that he was rescinding the appointment of Robert Nerboso as the town’s library director. Sanguinet said he was aware of Nerboso’s one-year suspension from the New York Bar Association in 1998, but upon further consideration, rescinded Nerboso’s job offer just three days after hiring him. Nerboso said he was “hurt’’ and “disappointed,’’ by the decision, and didn’t understand why the town would suddenly change its mind. Nerboso speculated that the town bowed to pressure from an outcry on local blogs. “I’ve been damaged by this,’’ said Nerboso, in a telephone interview from his home in New York. “They pulled the rug out from under me.’’ Nerboso said that throughout the hiring process he was completely up front with Wareham officials about the ethics flap from a decade earlier. He said he was reinstated in to the bar in 1999 and has had no problems since then. Nerboso, who holds undergraduate and graduate degrees from Columbia University, continues to practice law and works as a senior librarian for the Brooklyn Public Library. His mother lives in Plymouth. - Emily Sweeney

#2 2009-11-15 12:46:22

Looks like Bobby will be able to buy Emily a nice new house.

#3 2009-11-15 12:49:16

Sounds like he's “hurt’’ and “disappointed’’ enough to sue the Town of Wareham to me...and he has a case..all our fault, right?

Brucey's response was something like, "We could have EASILY (his emphasis)
overlooked the things in his background"

...What, I thought you had no idea??..and what, no real problem with you and your bud's what his "background" consisted of? Just the PR was an issue? I wish we could "rescind" offers to all of you..

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-11-15 12:49:38)

#4 2009-11-15 14:07:00

I sense that there's more to the travesty of Nerbosogate than we talked about at the time. Recall that Sanguinet , in his statement regarding taking back the job offer,  said that he did it after making a  second call to the New York  State Law Ethics Office . What did he learn in that call that he hadn't known?.  Nerboso would have us believe that he's been a good boy since his  1998  suspension , but  my recollection is that Sanguinet implied that he made his decision as a result of information learned in that  second call.....Hmmmm.   Another thing.... Did  the BOS and Sanguinet know that this guy  was "chasing ambulances" as a lawyer  while he was in charge of two branch libraries in Brooklyn?  Did Sanginet know that...and had he told Nerboso it would be OK to mix the two jobs in Wareham?  And wasn't he presented as  the person in charge of two branch libraries? The Globe writer's research led her to use the title "senior librarian". Repectable enough, but if you are a Major, it's a no-no to present yourself as a Colonel.

I'm thinking that Bill W's googling was a blessing for Wareham.... He saved us from getting stuck with a "bad apple", and he  strengthened our  case in support of a clean sweep in April.

Perhaps we should dig up this "dead horse"  and do a smelly post mortem.  This monumental bungle rates being on our short list of Leadership Screw-ups.

Last edited by Dick Wheeler (2009-11-15 14:08:47)

#5 2009-11-15 14:33:56

Dick, IMO..Sanguinet might have made another call, but was there anything new in that call?? He may have wanted to imply that, but he had the info. necessary to "make the right call" prior..I don't buy it.

Also, the final result (No Nerdboso) might be correct (thanks Bill)..but the "process" was flawed (what pattern?)

Finally, can someone add the link to the Globe South story..Did I miss it?

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-11-15 14:34:25)

#6 2009-11-15 14:44:04

ambulance chasing while an employee of the City of New York, you say?

Wasn't there some kind of flap by the BoS and/or their instrument of their every wish (the iTA) regarding Town employees having second jobs? Were they concerned about ignoring their own noise, by hiring one who had been doing  of the very thing they raised a fuss about?

And, if there are relatives in Plymouth County, was the foundation in place to quickly build a client base for supplementing the meager Town salary, the same Town which would be providing access to employee benfits?

What? Sue the Town? now what makes you think that a lawyer would go down that road? that's just so hard to picture.

#7 2009-11-15 15:06:22

Sorry but I think someone else has already taken the credit for this, please read the following:

New library director tossed by interim town administrator     Interim Town Administrator John Sanguinet has rescinded his offer to Robert Nerboso to become new director of the Wareham Free Library after the Observer reported that Nerboso has been suspended by the Bar Association for a year while serving as a defense attorney in New York.

#8 2009-11-15 15:12:32

Just say 'NO!" to BoBo

#9 2009-11-15 15:14:41

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8wXEeLYGLyA/R8nWuHtNxII/AAAAAAAAAh8/GhWdPrEUO40/S220/NoBozos.jpg

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#10 2009-11-15 15:25:57

NOW LETS REMEMBER BOBO CLAIMS THAT HE BROKE THE STORY SO IF ANYONE IS GETTING SUED I HOPE NEBROSA INCLUDES HIM. I CAN SEND HIM THE ARTICLE IN WHICH HE CLAIMS HE BROKE THE STORY LOL

#11 2009-11-15 20:59:16

Yes, I too would like to point out to Mr. Nerboso that it was Ragserver Multi-Megamedia that broke this story and alerted it to the attention of the vile bloggers, so he should be bringing some of that legal wrath on the Bobo who proclaimed that he broke the story.  Oh Bobo, why did you hound Mr. Nerboso by alerting the public to this?  Shame on you, Bobo.  Give him hell, Mr. Nerboso.

Actually though, Ham was fair to him.  I praised him at first, withdraw the praise when I saw the google discovery, but didn't harp on it.  I was the first to point out that the town treated him badly - he did his due diligence, informed Interim Butt Monkey of the problem, if he and the BOS felt it was a problem, then they should not have hired him - but to hire him, bring him in from New York to do a speech, and then after all that give him the embarrassment of rescinding?  Not right, caused the guy some unnecessary embarrassment. 

Oh Bobo and Butt Monkey, why did you do Mr. Nerboso wrong?  Why did you break the story first and make such a big deal about it, causing Mr. Nerboso all of this grief, Bobo?  Why, why why?

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-11-15 21:09:56)

#12 2009-11-15 21:07:33

Nerboso speculated that the town bowed to pressure from an outcry on local blogs.

In the bloggers' defense, the selectmen doing anything we think they should do I mean, wow, you could have knocked us over with a feather...usually it just makes them want to do something more.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-11-15 21:11:43)

#13 2009-11-15 23:33:15

Of all of the insults perpetrated by our current elected officials  on the citizens of Wareham, not one is greater than the fact that they did not involve  townspeople in the search processes for the  aborted  TA and Library Director selections.  When it came to the library search they added another layer of disrepect by not even involving themselves !  This is "off-the- chart" bad management  and rates top priority as a campaign weapon.

#14 2009-11-16 06:59:04

HE IS THE TOWN GETS SUED MAYBE THE ITA BUTTMONKEY CAN USE THE "DIABETES" DEFENSE IN MAKING SUCH A POOR JUDGEMENT

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com