#1 2009-11-12 17:17:54

Bob, I love you man...
Can I get a Charter REVIEW Committee? Hold the review.

WCTV Daily Gumbo/CRC 11/9/09

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-11-13 01:04:31)

#2 2009-11-12 17:24:40

WAREHAM CRC
MARCH 12, 2009

The following members were in attendance:  Alan Slavin, Chairman pro tem, Mary Ann Silva, Acting Clerk, Edward Pacewicz, Michael Jones, John Houton, Linwood Gay, and Board of Selectmen Liaison, Brenda Eckstrom.  Members absent were Leie Carmody, Lawrence Gaines and David Smith.

The meeting began at 7:10 p.m. with a general discussion regarding exactly what the Charter Review Committee’s charge would involve.  The members discussed the fact that we could not change the composition of the Board of Selectmen, the Town Administrator or the Legislative Body, i.e. town meeting.  Those types of changes would have to be accomplished through an elected Charter Commission.

#3 2009-11-12 18:10:32

Bob Brady was great!
I don't want to throw anyone under the bus, but, the moderator is woefully ignorant of the subject.
With all of the years I did talk TV and radio, live, his performance today, if it had been me, would have been the first and last one.
The host of a show discussing politics damn well know more than Bob Brady or anyone else who calls in. If not, your credibility is destroyed.
Discussing Town politics has to be done by someone who knows the Charter, the By-Laws, the Ordinances, and Robert's Rules.
Anything less...shame on the host.
I hope he was just having a bad day. You all know more about that than me.
But, Bob...good job. You handled yourself well.

#4 2009-11-12 19:11:50

Is it just my imigination, or do Paul's guests seem a little dumbfounded??..The host then slips in his plug for Westfield!!..being a local t.v. personality, he should have risen at Town Meeting and expressed his support  for all his loyal viewers to hear..thanks, Bob, for your concern of this matter..

Is there possibly a slavin/BOS relationship we should take notice of??..sweet brucey gushed about him the other night and he's on multiple committees..just wondering..

#5 2009-11-12 20:19:26

SlagisDB,
My take on Alan (I first met him after the first CRC Mtg. I recorded)..
He's either "Citizen of the Year", as the BoS likes to treat him every chance they get.
I think he's on 6 or 7 committees/boards now..How 'bout a little diversity?? Surely in a Town our size we can get a few other people..Can an Article or something be brought before TM (if we still have TM/not if Alan gets his way)..that limits the number of appointments?

Oh, or he's one of the "Key Lackey's"..Sorry, but that's the one I'm favoring..Maybe it was the lying and attempting to deny me my rights as a citizen when I informed him I would be videotaping the CRC meeting (my 2nd recording..the first was partial/audio)..When I listen to the comments they made as they tried to stop me from taping..Well, let's just say I don't think it helped their agenda.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com