#1 2009-11-11 21:38:18

The Big Lie is a propaganda technique developed during the 20th century, employed by such luminaries as Joseph Goebbels, Hitler's propaganda strategist as well as George Orwell, author of "1984". To summarize it is "to tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed" - Wikipedia.

Over the last couple of days I think about the Big Lie when I consider what I
believe to be the real underpinning of recent Wareham events:

1) Bobo finally has his big secret to tell, he can't wait any longer. The secret is a perfect example of a "Big Lie" that he and the Selectmentality have long fabricated for just the right time to spread. (3M is more than the total library budget over the last five years including salaries, how ridiculous)

2) Because Bobo's underwear has been stolen by the blackwhite Selectmentality, he has nowhere from which to hide his joy. Bobo has been forced to leave town. This is his last hurrah to fan the flames of his rapidly departing credibility.

3) Since TM, Brucie the Bombastic has declared he would bring forth both Westfield and civil service again at the big April showtime (further deflecting attention from his own diminished stature at the ballot should he decide to run).

4) Brenda the Shrill whose jaw was found beneath the revelry mouthing the term "dissolve town meeting" cannot contain her exuberance. She has her witching ensemble in Marcia and her COA cohorts prepared to do her bidding. Beware the spinning cauldron!

5) All manner of scoundrels surround Bobo as he dances in the twilight, his eyes twinkling then moving more rapidly. In the distance he recognizes an impending thunderhead.

As it approaches Bobo dances faster and faster. The Selectmentality spews noisier and bigger lies as the catastrophe grows overhead. Finally, a witch's broom scrawls the sky with the phrase "GO HOME NOW"!

I continue to have faith in the intelligence and integrity of the citizens of Wareham. The real issue is not the Library. It is the continuing powerplay by the Selectmentality to control our emotions and redirect our energies. This week the Library, last week the new Town Administrator, the week before that the April ballot and next to come etc, etc, etc... all bogus self-centered fabrications - whatever plays the best the longest.

The way to begin breaking the spell is for all to laugh at Bobo as he dances like a clown. It's for all to question the factuality, the legitimacy and sanity of the Selectmentality, especially the Chairperson who now wants the DA out of his way. At what cost to investigate our brother and sister citizens who generously volunteer their efforts to support our town and help make it
better?

I hold Brucie, Brenda and whomever is part of this conspiracy as personally liable for continuing each of their own vendettas. Town Meeting proved they are out of touch and out of mind. Neither represents what the majority of this town thinks is in its real interest today or what it wants this town to become. We deserve to be addressing real issues of importance that impact our community and we desperately need new leadership. We have to help by paving that road and focusing again on real issues as hard as that may be.

#2 2009-11-11 22:00:48

If i was on the "other side" of this conflict reading this articulate and incisive  State of Wareham summary...I think I'd pray that the person  responsible for my skivvies could keep a secret. Three cheers for Wag The Dog ! I am energized by your words...Give us more  !!

#3 2009-11-11 22:40:33

wag the dog, you said it Dawg....

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#4 2009-11-12 11:44:29

So, we have moved past the presentation of facts and assumed the word of a egotistical reporter and his mysterious informant are reason enough to spend this money for a "forensic" audit? Yes, that is the buzz word being thrown around by at least two supporters of an egomaniac.

I have to confess, in order for me to even start believing something, it needs to make sense. Not the just the information, but the BIG PICTURE. The question that continues to roam around my simple brain is WHY?
Why would a seasoned reporter sit on this information for years?
Why would you publish your accusations in a local tabloid and then feign fear for your life?
Why would you not go quietly to the authorties with all your information? They could certainly protect your anonymty while conducting an investigation?
Why would you wait until the one person who could refute your accusation is deceased? (God rest her soul)
Why would you appoint a former library trustee (also Chairman) without a question of their involvement?

Foks, the simple explanation is this man KNOWS it's a lie and is just trying to sell newspapers. He fears for his life because he wants people to pity him (and maybe buy a paper or two). He is hoping his followers will sound the charge while he quietly sneaks out of town for good (and sells some papers in the process).

I'm digusted and sickened by this.

Last edited by Larry McDonald (2009-11-12 11:46:01)

#5 2009-11-12 12:08:19

We all keep talking...............we should re-call the whole lot and move on.

#6 2009-11-12 15:09:04

More than a week ago I posted something that was taken as  a joke: " Bobo is a finalist for the news letter of The Flat Earth Society." 

There really is a Flat Earth Society (google the name), and they do have a newsletter ,and  indeed one Robert Slager of Halifax, Massachusetts, USA, is a finalist for the job as editor!   The Society is based in London, with satellite groups in the US and around the world. I leave it to you to imagine the type of person who takes this stuff seriously, and apparently Robert Slager does. Through one of those "it's a small world " happenings, I have a friend who teaches Biology at the University of London who joined as a joke, but has become so alarmed about the people he has met that he has become a "mole", and volunteered to be on the newsletter committee to get further "inside".  That's how I got the word that our very own Bobo might overnight achieve international  acclaim as a journalist. My friend "rang me up" !

I encourage you to go to the site to learn more about the folks that our very own Robert Slager wants to hang out with in his next reincarnation .  He will fit in comfortably..(The Society sells a great T-shirt.....Ill "spring" for one if he gets the job. )   Flat Earth Bobo ! Why am I not surprised ?

Last edited by Dick Wheeler (2009-11-12 15:10:49)

#7 2009-11-12 23:06:02

If you haven't heard of The Flat Earth Society  before, I can understand why my recent post seems to be a spoof.   The Flat Earth concept is really "out there", but it's a world-wide organization that has countless adherents. ....... If my friend in England is spoofing me ... my face is going to be red, but all I ask/plead is that you  take the time to google a visit the  site of The Flat Earth Society.  Not only are they "for  real."...the more you read about them the more they seem to be as if "made in heaven" as a   perfect place for our dearly beloved Robert Slager to demonstrate his  unique journalistic skills to a far wider audience than the provincial one he has now, which has constricted the release of his unique talents .

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com