#1 2009-11-09 12:14:27

Breaking News...........(que the music Hamm)

This investigative reporter has just received a hot tip from another fed up citizen...

It seems that Abbey Glass was called in to change the locks on Marcia Griswold's office at the Library. Why are we calling outside services to change the lock. Wouldn't this normally be done by Municipal Maintenance? Isn't there an approval process for this type of expenditure?

Rip Dinkle........over and out!

#2 2009-11-09 12:33:57

Thank you Rip.  I'd also like to add, after reading Bobo's latest mental case eruption on paper, where did any blogger claim that they don't want an investigation into this?  Nobody ever said that.  In fact, and I think I speak for everyone here, I think Bobo should walk into whatever law enforcement agency he trusts (they're all in on it too he says!) and speak to a law enforcement officer, tell that agency all his information and get the ball rolling on an official investigation.  To do that, he would have to talk to an officer and sign a sworn statement under the pains and penalties of perjury that he is telling the truth.

Whoops, guess that throws that idea out of the water, Bobo wouldn't want to risk going to jail for lying to law enforcement would he?

If he isn't lying, why hasn't he gone to the police, or the feds, or the IRS, or to Obama himself if he doesn't trust anyone else?  What's the point of all this then?  He claims a movie-like 10 year 123 person scheme...and his endgame is to give them all a stern lecture in the rag?  Give me a break.  If he was not full of shit, he'd have gone to the cops by now.

#3 2009-11-09 12:50:29

As predicted, the "former trustee" is Paula Shooter.  Bobo interviewing Bobette.  Are we surprised ?    In episode two ,to be released tomorrow, he will use the evidence from the secret ledger to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that 123 people are guilty....but whoops !  Some rotter stole the ledger !   Therefore,although technically  he has lost the key evidence ,we all "know" they are guilty and must treat them that way......

#4 2009-11-09 12:52:41

I am still curious where the Selectmen are???? Shouldn't they be contacting the Police chief and/or FBI to investigate this? Seriously, who cares what Bobo the Fabricator says? It must get very crowded in his head with all the voices trying to talk at the same time.

#5 2009-11-09 13:14:54

Dick Wheeler wrote:

As predicted, the "former trustee" is Paula Shooter.  Bobo interviewing Bobette.  Are we surprised ?

edit-removed MPD vid

I think it's pretty obvious he needs to put up or shut up..He won't put up, and he won't shut up. So we are where we have been with him many times, aren't we?

Discrediting, diversion..for (ultimately) political "gain"..there's a history of keeping the "barely involved" electorate supplied with a constant barrage of bullshit. The more personal it gets, the harder to not "engage"

Increased attention is what he seeks. If truth was his goal he would "act" differently. He comes up with such cockamamie (sp?) "fantasies" that you almost (almost) think there might be something to it. We know better. Some other's don't...and "they" count on that. .........imo............

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-11-10 09:25:21)

#6 2009-11-09 13:15:05

Ham is right. Bring on the AG's office if you don't trust the Plymouth DA and the WPD. Innocent people have nothing to fear.

I said in another thread--if you were a member of the bos and you heard about this, wouldn't you have taken some sort of action? Maybe they have and subpoenas are coming. And if ragboy was such an ethical person, why would he sit on this for so long. He said because MJ was sick? That's his reason? Pretty lame. Afraid of being a target? Get some tiny crystal balls. Man up. The fact that he is doing this in "installments" says it all to me.

Ragboy likes to BE the news. So all he has to do is provide the proof. His "snitches" will testify for the grand jury--by the way, I don't think that is optional for a grand jury investigation. Of course, we will have to go through the melodrama of ragboy refusing to give up a source. Journalistic ethics and all of that. LOL.

The truth will come out.  I want to see that famous, or infamous list of 123.

And I'm wondering who was a trustee or a friend during those 10 years? That would be interesting to know. There have to be plenty of them alone making up the 123.

#7 2009-11-09 13:19:10

Does anyone happen to remember hearing something about the administration having all the harddrives of all the town owned computers copied?  Rumor had it the "main targets" were the computers at the library (of the "those aren't town owned, they were donated" variety) and the WPD...oh wait, that "town wide audit" was just to identify "the bloggers" and who was shopping on line...I guess you're right...no one has given that "crazy idea" a second thought...

Geez, I wonder what happened to those disks...

#8 2009-11-09 13:23:44

Molly,
IT's clear he just wants to sell papers. He can hem haw about it all he wants, but it was a desperate ploy to stay in business one more day.....sad sad fabricator

#9 2009-11-09 13:50:01

Larry McDonald wrote:

I am still curious where the Selectmen are???? Shouldn't they be contacting the Police chief and/or FBI to investigate this? Seriously, who cares what Bobo the Fabricator says? It must get very crowded in his head with all the voices trying to talk at the same time.

Tommorrow night's selectmen's meeting will be a farce with as much coordination and rehearsal as a Broadway Song and Dance number.  The selectmen are tanking in public opinion.  They have no ideas, nothing good to help the town.  They only rule by fear and intimidation.  They always have to have some kind of "Boogeyman" lurking in the shadows.  A boogeyman that only the selectmen can protect Wareham from, and if you disagree with the selectmen, you must be in cahoots with the boogeyman!

First it was, "you can't throw us out, you want the library lawsuit to stop!"  Next it was "you're only trying to throw us out because you want the audit to stop!"  Now it will be "you want to throw us out because you're trying to stop our investigation into Bobo's hallucinations!"

They'll say the only ones who are able to investigate this are the selectmen.  Yes, Sweet Brucey with a green eyeshade looking over the books for the next six months until Election Day 2010 will save us all.

Bring on an investigation.  But bring on someone with credibility, bring on law enforcement to investigate. 

A 10 year 123 person tax fraud scheme?  The IRS would be salivating over that if it were true. 

The selectmen and Bobo should go to the nearest IRS bureau, talk to an IRS officer, give their statements, sign them under the pains and penalties of perjury (if they don't, you have to wonder a) if they fear an obstruction of justice charge for lying to law officers and b ) why fear that if they are telling the truth?).

Tommorrow night's selectmen's meeting will be the most shameful farce yet.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-11-09 13:55:32)

#10 2009-11-09 14:02:02

here is what slager needs to contact the FBI....
Contact Boston

One Center Plaza, Suite 600
Boston, MA 02108
Phone: (617) 742-5533
Fax: (617) 223-6327
E-mail: Boston@ic.fbi.gov

stop being a coward..

#11 2009-11-09 14:40:34

Ms. Lily brings up an interestiong point regarding the computer audit, and here is my question. If the BOS suspected a massive money laundering scheme, why did they use tax payer dollars to pay for an audit that the FBI or Department of Treasury would have conducted for free?
Why does the 6 minute audio only talk about blogging?
Why would the DA try to cover up this whole scheme?
These are just things that keep running through my head. I want to understand why.

#12 2009-11-09 14:45:09

It's a crap shoot Cara. They keep telling more stories and adding on, but I agree with you. Why would they do a computer audit when the actual ledger was apparently on paper? (Someone took it home with them and then took it back). Hmmm, that doesn't make sense. Seriously, this was just an attempt to sell newspapers.

#13 2009-11-09 15:01:35

I was just wondering, wouldn't a reporter in this situation work with the IRS or FBI or whoever closely, then write his story when arrests (hypothetically speaking) are made?

Because hasn't all he done (and I'm speaking rhetorically of course because we all know he is full of shit), but in a real situation, by reporting before getting in touch with law enforcement, wouldn't he have just warned 123 people that they need to haul ass to Mexico?

Why the hell would anyone do that if they honestly believe a massive crime had been committed?

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-11-09 15:03:10)

#14 2009-11-09 15:17:37

There are a couple problems with the story (in my opinion) that make it difficult to prove.
1. The ledger is missing. This creates the biggest problem as it apparently contained the bulk of the evidence. The informant took this ledger home, but returned it. According to another story, it went missing after a "fake" robbery.

2. A credible reporter would have hooked up law enforcement from the start. To keep calling for an investigation by the Selectmen is simply grandstanding. Take whatever information you have to the authorities. You will also have to give up the names of the informants, but I am sure the investigators will keep that name secret until they have a solid case and round up all the guilty parties. 

3. It sells newspapers, which is exactly what someone wants. Why do something that (if it was true) could help the citizens of Wareham and solidfy the current regime? It goes to character...enough said about that.

#15 2009-11-09 16:02:49

What "ledger"? !  ? ! There never WAS a ledger such as the one  described  by Paula  Shooter d.b. a. "former trustee" ! That's why it was so easy to "lose" !

This latest rant is the most amateurish  pile of drivel he has ever dribbled...... It's impossible for that clown to disguise his own voice!   The whole damn thing is made up.....The only "smoke' here is coming out of Bobo's  knickers !

#16 2009-11-09 16:20:58

Dick Wheeler wrote:

What "ledger"? !  ? ! There never WAS a ledger such as the one  described  by Paula  Shooter d.b. a. "former trustee" ! That's why it was so easy to "lose" !

This latest rant is the most amateurish  pile of drivel he has ever dribbled...... It's impossible for that clown to disguise his own voice!   The whole damn thing is made up.....The only "smoke' here is coming out of Bobo's  knickers !

You said it Dick..it reads like a bad dime store novel..quite reminiscent of my namesake, the hypothetical "Paul Shooter"

"Bobo the smokescreen"

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#17 2009-11-09 16:23:31

Cara Winslow wrote:

Ms. Lily brings up an interestiong point regarding the computer audit, and here is my question. If the BOS suspected a massive money laundering scheme, why did they use tax payer dollars to pay for an audit that the FBI or Department of Treasury would have conducted for free?

Since my knowledge, as well as participation in money laundering schemes is limited to none, this is strictly a hypothetical response at best......I do not claim to know how the FBI or any other bureau of that caliber works re: investigations but perhaps you have to go to them with a little bit more info than a mere phone call saying something doesn't smell right before they will jump into a full blown investigation? Even if an investigation doesn't require tangible proof,  maybe by providing them with it, for example,  information obtain from the hard drive of computers, an investigation would be more likely, or at least speed up the beginning of one? 

Cara Winslow wrote:

Because we only heard 6 minutes?

Cara Winslow wrote:

Do we know it is a cover up?

#18 2009-11-09 17:55:59

Dick,
I ran the information by a friend of mine who happens to be in the fraud business (not on the bad side). We worked together at my former employer for many years. In that time we uncovered at least 10 cases where an employee or management person were committing fraud. When we finished laughing, the general consensus was this is a novel and a poorly conceived novel at best. Best case, it's made up. Worst case, it's a disgruntled person who has no clue what they were looking at. In a nutshell, the FBI or IRS would laugh at this. No tangible evidence and the word of a person who admits to STEALING.

I've seen some brilliant fraud schemes that were carried out by people you would never think possible and I've seen some of the poorest fraud schemes carried out by brilliant people. In both cases, there is always a paper trail to follow.

If the computer audit was related to this nonsense, I think we should fire the Selectmen for imcompetence. How in the world would a computer audit reveal this when the THIEF admits to taking a paper or hard back ledger out of the office? Something is not adding up here.

IMO, this was just to sell papers and use the "seed of doubt" to encourage online subscription.

I think we can put this one to bed......nighty night.

#19 2009-11-09 19:47:58

The computer audit was about the bloggers.  Period!  Once we were on to them, they scrambled to find something else.  They found nothing.  $50,000 witch hunt.

#20 2009-11-09 19:56:29

Allegedly, it has been stated that a donation spreadsheet was created on a computer, possibly from a ledger...were the checking accounts maintained using computer software (ie Quicken or Peachtree), manually or a hybrid of the two?  I maintain multiple checking accounts at work...the "parent companies'" are strictly manual, but the working accounts are a combination of manual and computer generated...generally, the hybrid is the easiest to "manipulate" and avoid detection by the naked eye...even a half ass accountant can do it...your level of expertise does not determine whether or not you can, but rather how long you can and get away with it...

I don't believe the validity of this story should be judged on the limited amount of info that has been published so far. It is probably safe to say that if this is a completely fabricated fairytale, Robert and The Wareham Observer is a done deal.  It is hard for me to believe that he would intentionally make himself a bigger villain than those he writes about for his own career ending Swan song...What would be the purpose of that? 

As an afterthought, how many $2 on line subscriptions do you think this story will have to generate before his publication is financially set?

Last edited by MsLilly (2009-11-09 20:48:09)

#21 2009-11-09 20:22:55

This is a sad day for Wareham.  When everyone was fighting over the library for the past few years I just didn't get it.  I thought how can you guys be fighting over the library???   
Especially when I felt there were much more important issues happening in this town. 
But, I was wrong.  I guess it really is always about the money.

#22 2009-11-09 20:37:15

Ms. Lilly: You say, "It has been stated..."  Wrong verb: "It has been alleged...."   Big difference....

#23 2009-11-09 20:45:17

Dick Wheeler wrote:

Ms. Lilly: You say, "It has been stated..."  Wrong verb: "It has been alleged...."   Big difference....

I agree Mr. Wheeler....

#24 2009-11-10 00:10:30

MsLilly wrote:

Cara Winslow wrote:

Since my knowledge, as well as participation in money laundering schemes is limited to none, this is strictly a hypothetical response at best......I do not claim to know how the FBI or any other bureau of that caliber works re: investigations but perhaps you have to go to them with a little bit more info than a mere phone call saying something doesn't smell right before they will jump into a full blown investigation? Even if an investigation doesn't require tangible proof,  maybe by providing them with it, for example,  information obtain from the hard drive of computers, an investigation would be more likely, or at least speed up the beginning of one? 

If the individual who allegedly saw the ledger spoke to the feds they would be on it like a fly on horsey poop. I know this because I am one of a small amount of people who has had the honor of working in federal law enforcement, granted it was only for a short time but let me assure you, the feds have zero interest in local politics. You break the law, they will take you down.

Cara Winslow wrote:

Because we only heard 6 minutes?

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. I have witnessed this group talk on and on about the same thing endlesssly, so do I believe that after six minutes they said, okay let's stop talking about bloggers and dirty rats and get to the 3 mil laundered through the library? No, I don't and neither do you in your heart of hearts Ms. Lily.

Cara Winslow wrote:

Do we know it is a cover up?

Well what is printed in the paper says the DA is doing nothing, now I would dig up the quote but I am just home from the hospital where my daughter is very ill, it is my turn for a nap and Lord knows I need it, so I will have to dig it up tomorrow.

Last edited by Cara Winslow (2009-11-10 00:13:56)

#25 2009-11-10 00:50:26

Cara:

I'm sorry your daughter is ill.  My prayers are for her to have a speedy recovery and for your family.

#26 2009-11-10 07:32:07

WHY WITHHOLD THE 123 NAMES SLAGER? WHY? YOU SAY THEY ARE ALL GOING TO JAIL BUT HOW? IF YOUR SO CONFIDENT IN YOURSELF NAME THE 123 PEOPLE. THEIR IS NO REASON NOT TO DO SO

#27 2009-11-10 08:19:06

Rip Dinkle here.......(que the music Hamm)
It seems many people are curious about the new library saga by Robert Slager. That includes the Selectmen and Moderator. Wait....wasn't John one of the original informants? Not according to a conversation on Slager's website. It seems John Donahue is very curious how it was done. A little birdie informed me Jane is buring up the phone lines trying to get information on the alleged scandal. So, if the elected officials in this town didn't know about this, even after Robert Slager claims he met with them, how in the world could the computer audit have anything to do with this?

The tangled web of deceit is about to trap a big fat fly and all the little flies buzzing around hoping it was real instead of made up.

Rip Dinkle......watching them fall.....OVER AND OUT!

#28 2009-11-10 12:27:39

So, are you saying that ragboy knew about this heinous "crime" for two years and the bos still don't know about it? I mean, really, shouldn't they have been told before the big story broke? And shouldn't they have some of the "proof" available so when they call the DA or the AG or the FBI they won't sound like a bunch of conspiracy theorists? "Well see, there was this ledger........"

The fact that the Donahues are asking questions leads me to believe they might be having as much trouble believing the tall tale as well as the rest of the completely sane public, including, well, us.

Good work Mr. Dinkle. You are a super-sleuth.

#29 2009-11-10 12:47:36

Rip Dinkle is the greatest reporter in the Tri-Town area!
He can also kick Paul Shooter's ass.

#30 2009-11-10 12:51:40

Wasn't John Donahue the one that told Slager there was something going on at the library? According to Slager's article, John knew something was going on. That makes this very odd indeed.

#31 2009-11-10 14:01:51

YES SLAGER SAID DONAHUE WAS THE FIRST ONE TO TELL HIM ABOUT THE LIBRARY WHICH LED TO HIS INVESTIGATION.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com