#1 2009-11-07 17:30:47

Does anybody have any leads or ideas about renting a one or two bedroom house, cottage, apartment (probably in a house) in Wareham for this summer for  two senior citizen adults? Must be pet friendly ( two small terriers ). Prefer it be close to Little Harbor but we realize how unlikely that is.

I figure about ten weeks.

Price not much of an object.

Please PM or email if you know of something specific or want more information. Otherwise post advice here.

Thanks friends.

#2 2009-11-07 17:40:44

Howdy Neighbor!! Good to hear your voice again..
Can't help you on the summer pad right now..hopefully something comes up.
Good Luck..

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#3 2009-11-07 21:28:18

Urneighbor, we've missed your brains and wit around here.  I hope your senior friends find some summer housing.  I don't know of any available houses in Wareham, but if it helps, I have a hunch that a house in Backwater Hick Town might be seized and put up for public auction within approximately a year and a half to two years!

Just pure speculation on my part though, of course.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-11-07 21:31:52)

#4 2009-11-08 07:45:51

There are a lot of cute houses for rent in Onset during the summer I don't know if you wanted them to stay in Onset.

#5 2009-11-08 07:57:56

For everyone's benefit. This request by our dear friend urneighbor is very important to him.
PLEASE...someone find a suitable home for this couple to rent for next summer.

#6 2009-11-08 08:47:46

I think a few of the "luxury" condos in Onset were for rent.  Don't know if they are still available.  Great view.  Call Marc Anthony's restaurant for details.

#7 2009-11-08 09:11:00

If you would like something on Onset call Sandra Besse at Shell Point Realty 508-295-6560. There is also a real estate agency in Swifts Beach. Diane Higgins is the agent. Used to be Voss Realty,but I'm not sure what the name is now. Perhaps Prudential Linn? I think the phone number may be 508-295-0935 I'm sure there are cottages available there as well as Onset. Or you could call Betty Voss at 508-295-0008. They no longer own the realty in Swifts Beach, but know everyone who own cottages and perhpas can give you a lead without going through the real estate agent.

We have a customer who owns a house in Little Harbor. He rents it out. I could put you in contact with him. If Dan knows who you are, ask Dan to send me a personal email. I could give him the information. The owners are from California, although his dad from MA looks after the place.

#8 2009-11-08 10:29:33

Thank you so much everyone for helping urneighbor. I appreciate the PMs' and the e-mails, as well as the posts.
Mature, I will pass on the information you need. I am sure urneighbor will appreciate it.

#9 2009-11-08 12:09:10

Thanks again for everyone's help. Urneighbor now has many, many choices to follow because of all of you.
If anyone has any doubt about the people on this site, all they have to do is see what happens when someone needs help. Not just one of "us", but ANYBODY!
That is why you have become the leaders of the Town of Wareham, and you will demonstrate how people should be treated as citizens of Wareham and how humility and compassion and empathy is more powerful than money or false promises.
I am so proud to be a part of "you".
I am HAMATRON5000.

#10 2009-11-08 12:54:51

Thanks to all - for those who know the "back story" they understand this isn't  selfishly about fun in the sun...
for those who don't know, I assure you I wouldn't have asked for help for merely finding a summer place.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com