#2 2009-11-04 12:03:08

Your the man Bill..forgive us(me) our sluggishness..

That's why I like it here, together we'll find out..Knowledge is power.
...and Google packs a punch.

One Dirt

Two Dirt

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/04/07/nyreg … cases.html

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-11-04 17:24:56)

#3 2009-11-04 14:47:42

I can hear my Grandmother: "You don't have to get out of the trouble you didn't get into in the first place."

Bill W and PShooter  get oak clusters on their Distinguished Service ribbons for this one.  The kind of behavior for which Ner(d)boso was  defrocked by his peers is  not in the category of a stupid legal error....We're talking about a  guy with a twisted personality and a criminal mind who went to law school in order to make more money than he could as  a common criminal.  You can be sure that there is a mound of similar stuff on this sleazebag that is as large as The Brockton Landfill . He should be fired...yesterday...and the ITA should resign....today.  Here's another pick-up truck load of our tax dollars down the tubes.

I remarked to someone last night: "If this clown is a good as he's telling us he is,  why in hell  did he apply for this job! ? It's like applying for a job as captain of a ship that is scheduled to be de-commisioned."  Has anyone checked the veracity of his library credentials? Get him outta here!!!

#4 2009-11-04 15:44:23

Dick:

I  do not understand credentialing for librarians.  However New York State issued a "public librarian certificate" to Robert Nerboso on 1/21/09.  This was his initial certification.  Don't all librarians need this certification to work?  Is certification something that you achieve over time?  Why the recent certification?

Last edited by gogatemen (2009-11-04 15:51:42)

#5 2009-11-04 15:48:39

Where is Noah Wiley when you need him? I saw the movies, this guy is clearly not The Librarian!

#6 2009-11-04 15:52:03

Thanks Dick. It's all Bill, but thanks...and ggm, they mentioned some type of certification, whether it was transferrable to MA, iTA said yes, they reqt'd in writing..

I'll be posting the meeting at some point later. But, since "all this"..I'll post the first ten minutes here/now..

Hiring committee anyone? It's great waiting to see who's gonna come out of "door number three" all the time..very entertaining..Great Management! Not.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-11-04 15:54:19)

#7 2009-11-04 16:59:23

Dick Wheeler wrote:

I....We're talking about a  guy with a twisted personality and a criminal mind who went to law school in order to make more money than he could as  a common criminal.

Isn't Sweet Brucey also someone with a twisted personality that is going to law school?  Hmmm.  Birds of a feather.

I've often wondered if Sweet Brucey was going to law school for a singular purpose, meaning to hand the IRS it's ass.  After all, nobody puts Sweet Brucey through that kind of pain without there being some vicious retribution.  IRS, you'r days are numbered.  Our Sweet Brucey is gunning for you.

#8 2009-11-04 17:22:09

If he passes the Mass. Bar Exam it would be a miracle!!
He is a professional student, and not a good one I might add.
My opinion of course.

#9 2009-11-04 17:50:19

Gogatemen: We're going to have to ask Nora Biki to bring us up to speed on the credentialing issue. I have heard her...and others...maintain that in order to be certified in Massachusetts you must have a Masters degree in Library Science. I t sounds to me that he may have the "paper"....But did anyone TALK with people who have worked with him ?  I doubt VERY much that the guy I read about in the court cases  that Bill W has found suddenly became the sort of person who comes to mind when you say, "Librarian."

In the discipline of reading job applications there are yellow flags and there are red flags.  His behavior as a lawyer is one of the biggest red flags I've ever seen.   Did he talk about it with the ITA?  "I used to do things that  I am  ashamed of. After I was disbarred as a lawyer I took control of my life...blah blah....But no...He covered it up.    Someone should pay a visit to the last place he worked and do some inquiring.

#10 2009-11-04 19:12:58

Disbarred attorney...drunk TA...whatever...

#11 2009-11-04 20:16:43

Sad situation for important positions in our town.

#12 2009-11-05 00:18:26

I'm not going to let go of this one, and you shouldn't let go of it either.  Resumes leave out the most important  ingredient: character.    I don't give a rat's you-know-what about where someone grew up...I want to know if that person is  a Good Human Being. That's why I behave like a broken record when people talk about national  politics...Our quest should be  for Good Human Beings. That's why I've stood by Walter Cruz during his "learning curve", under the tutelage of people who thought they could own him.
"Ain't no way" any person or group is going to own  Walter Cruz. The "bad guys"  recruited him, but he's  his own man. Take that to the bank.    Leave him out of calls of mass removal of BOS members.... When it comes to making people. ..they don't make them better than Walter Cruz .  Don't focus on resumes....focus on character. Having said that, Walter has the best resume of them all !!

#13 2009-11-05 00:35:10

Dick..100% right on "library dude"...Man, I love to hear your words of wisdom..

On Cruz..IMO, he's easily the best of them (seems to be the consensus, also)..
But, he hardly ever speaks up, and when he does I CAN"T HEAR HIM..those two thing's are tough for me to overlook..and, although he does "dissent" on occasion to the other's, he often goes along with them (when I feel he shoudn't)..I can't pick out all the votes, but I've seen it in the meeting's..My thoughts are..How would he "work" in a re-formed "hierarchy" ?? How would any of them? Although, honestly, I won't allow myself to imagine a board including (not necessarily in this order) Brucey, Brenda, Jane, Cronie to remain beyond April..and the need to replace the Moderator and Town Clerk is equally important..The "fixing" begins immediately following the "clean sweep"

You listening guys??? Yeah, I know..

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#14 2009-11-05 09:15:40

I am shocked and appalled at this:

"ORDERED that the respondent, Robert W. Nerboso, is suspended from the practice of law for a period of one year, commencing August 20, 1998, and continuing until the further order of this court, with leave to the respondent to apply for reinstatement no sooner than six months prior to the expiration of the said period of one year upon furnishing satisfactory proof that (a) during the said period he refrained from practicing or attempting to practice law, (b) he has fully complied with this order and with the terms and provisions of the written rules governing the conduct of disbarred, suspended and resigned attorneys (22 NYCRR 691.10), and (c) he has otherwise properly conducted himself; and it is further,

ORDERED that pursuant to Judiciary Law § 90, during the period of suspension and until the further order of this court, the respondent, Robert W. Nerboso, shall desist and refrain from (l) practicing law in any form, either as principal or agent, clerk or employee of another, (2) appearing as an attorney or counselor-at-law before any court, Judge, Justice, board, commission or other public authority, (3) giving to another an opinion as to the law or its application or any advice in relation thereto, and (4) holding himself out in any way as an attorney and counselor-at-law.

ENTER: Martin H. Brownstein, Clerk"

This speaks to a person's character. Should people get a second chance in life? Sure. But should we spend tax dollars on a person with less than moral character? Could this be why ragboy is writing outrageous stories about the former library director? To take some of the attention away from the fact that the town has hired a man with this kind of background?

Ask any lawyer. The Bar can impose a variety of different punishments on lawyers from a light slap on the wrist to total disbarment. Having your license suspended for a year is really serious stuff and close to being disbarred.

Can you say GOOGLE???  Someone needs to teach the bos what "to Google" means. It's a verb now folks.

Our tax dollars are being use to pay this guy's salary. The job was posted for $60-80,000. What is he getting?

Same with the TA--google the guy and what do you get? Maybe he went to AA and hasn't had a drop since--but if any job will drive a person to drink it has to be this one.

Stop the insanity. Please.

#15 2009-11-05 09:33:47

Molly wrote:

Can you say GOOGLE???  Someone needs to teach the bos what "to Google" means. It's a verb now folks.

This wasn't a mistake. They hired just the man they wanted in illegal executive session and we can whine all we want.

#16 2009-11-05 09:50:28

Yeah, I think Ham (and other's) are right..there seems to be a pattern of hiring (or considering) people with "black marks" in their background, not letting on they're aware, and doing it all out of public view.

Why do we have to be the one's to find this stuff? Where are our elected official's looking out for OUR best interests? They SHOULD BE fully aware of all these things, and I'm sure they are. What hiring process, especially professional, doesn't include a background check these days? It's standard...and what about our local press? C' mon, it's their jobs!!!

My guess is the TA is intended to be another "short-timer"..they seem to like those. If they go "Mayoral" next year, whoever they choose is out anyway.

"Library dude's" highly suspect background, which includes defending some pretty "undefendable" character's (IMO), fits right in with our "leader's", don't ya think?

It always comes back to the same thing, we need to flush 'em, flush 'em all, and flush 'em fast...

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#17 2009-11-05 13:31:07

PShooter wrote:

"Library dude's" highly suspect background, which includes defending some pretty "undefendable" character's (IMO), fits right in with our "leader's", don't ya think?

Speaking of undefendable characters, I wonder if our Sweet Brucey likes this guy as he'll give some free legal advice on Sweet Brucey's run and gun battle with the IRS?  You can't tell me that when a powerful federal agency is hounding you for $180,000, threatening to destroy your way of life, that it doesn't take over your life.  IMO, Bruce is going to law school for a particular reason.  And as a student of law, is it any wonder that he's more than willing to lead his town into litigation?  How can someone lead his town when his entire life revolves around revenge?  That's our Sweet Brucey, he of the black hearts.

#18 2009-11-05 15:09:42

Bruce with the big black soul!

#19 2009-11-05 21:50:43

I withdraw my earlier praise of this candidate and will from now on remember Bill's wise advice "google before you talk."

#20 2009-11-05 23:14:43

What Bill W has done is establish as fact that  the hiring process for the new library director was sloppy.
A sloppy hiring process doesn't automatically make the hiree a bad choice.  Sometimes good  people get hired in spite of sloppy hiring practices .

If I had been on a citizens advisory board for this position, and faced with a candidate who had shifted from a career in law to a career  as a librarian I would have pressed hard for the reason for such a remarkable shift of priorities.    Was that question ever asked of Mr Nerboso and how did he answer it? There are answers that I could have accepted...but what I can't accept is that  he seems to be in denial over  his egregious....no, worse than that...despicable ..behavior as a lawyer.  Read the  judgement against him from his professional peers . This is heavy stuff.  We all have fun with lawyer jokes. This guy was not a joke to  the  lawyers who are the butt of lawyer jokes!!

I'm a forgiving person....IF the person I forgive will admit that he/she has messed up and learned from the experience.   I've been rightfully labled a "softie" with people who admit that they have screwed up and promise to do better. But I am "death" on dealing with people who pretend that they didn't do what they did.  That seems to be what we have here. Please consider this to be a plea for someone to show me that I'm wrong.

#21 2009-11-06 07:11:02

IM SURE THEIR WERE MORE QUALIFIED CANDIDATES. BUT ASK YOURSELF WHY WOULD YOU COME TO WORK IN WAREHAM?

#22 2009-11-06 07:16:20

Dick Wheeler wrote:

What Bill W has done is establish as fact that  the hiring process for the new library director was sloppy.

No, I've established the BOS hiring practice is illegal and its consequences are inappropriate candidate selections. Also, the BOS doesn't give a good flying fuck whether or not voters like it.

#23 2009-11-06 08:50:05

This whole thing bothers me. So, I sent out some feelers and asked some questions and here is what I learned.

Sanguinet and the library director from Plymouth did the bulk of the interviews. Sanguinet lives in Plymouth.

One of the finalists was from a town not far from here. She came highly recommended by the regional library office. I heard good things about this person. She wasn't hired. Instead we get a guy who was suspended by the NY bar.

The newly hired director's parents live in Plymouth and he said in the bos meeting on Tuesday that he visits them regularly from NY.  Could there be a slight bias towards all things Plymouth here?

So, did we get the best candidate? Not according to my sources.  Something smells rotten here. 

Did I hear Cronan ask who did the interviews? Why weren't the selectmen there?

But here is an even better question--why wasn't anyone from the library community invited to sit in on the interviews? No staff member was included. No member of the Friends. And I wonder why the last library director, who I am told helped Griswold fill out important required state forms after she left her job here, on the search committee? Oh wait, what search committee? We don't do it that way in Wareham. What was I thinking---do everything you can to hire a department head? Nah. Hire your twin--am I the only one who thinks the new guy looks like the ITA--and party together in Plymouth after hours?

Once again, the ITA and bos have made a bad hiring decision. Don't hold your breath for the new TA being a highly qualified addition to our town's leadership.

#24 2009-11-06 09:24:15

Notice too that had to go all the way to New York for a candidate.  I have heard from several sources that the word in the Massachusetts librarian community is that the Wareham library is a library to steer clear from if you're looking for a job.  None of the librarians are willing to work for our scumbag selectmen.

#25 2009-11-06 10:16:27

Bill's right..Here's an analogy I like to use for this BoS, etc, ..Imagine if you will....

If your a mass murderer (ok, duh..obviously, they're not), but if you were, and had already committed multiple "crimes" (enough to put you away for many lifetimes)..then why not continue to commit the crimes? See, once the conscience is gone, and the the consequences reach "saturation level"..then what?

No conscience, no consequence..no brainer..

They need to control whatever they can, with zero accountability when the shit hits the fan..it's just a "deft political move" for them to shift the blame elsewhere. They even consider themselves "smarter" because they know things you may not..and your "ignorance" is something they can exploit.

So, if I call them douchebags, on occasion, I think I'm keeping it "nice"
...the obligatory..IMO

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-11-06 10:18:33)

#26 2009-11-06 10:55:33

Bill W:  You are right: "sloppy" is too kind ...Your words are the appropriate ones... My "softie" side  snuck up on me..The more you think about it...it goes from worse to worser.  Maybe this calls for a repeat of the petition with 1,300 names that BS threw over his shoulder. I've been focussing on the bad hire...Your emphasis on the illegal process is  probably more important.

Last edited by Dick Wheeler (2009-11-06 11:51:33)

#27 2009-11-06 12:40:32

Where is the information on the lawyer?

#28 2009-11-06 13:04:11

Cara Winslow wrote:

Where is the information on the lawyer?

At the top of this thread.

#29 2009-11-06 13:51:22

Thanks Bill (and Dick)!

I would be willing to give this new person a chance because he struck me as being intelligent and that is what we as a community are about (giving people chances, not judging people based on their associations), right everybody? Don't we always complain about how we keep reading the same allegations over and over again? At some point people have to have an opportunity to redeem themselves, yes?

Bill makes an interesting point regarding the legality of the hiring, I read something about that somewhere but I can no longer recall where.

And everyone can feel free to disagree with me :-)

#30 2009-11-06 14:04:37

Dick Wheeler wrote:

Maybe this calls for a repeat of the petition with 1,300 names that BS threw over his shoulder. I've been focussing on the bad hire...Your emphasis on the illegal process is  probably more important.

The DA now has all these recent complaints on his desk and we should not let up but your petition idea has legs.

Let's do it.

#31 2009-11-06 14:07:34

I normally would agree with you Cara, but if you take this same argument and apply it to the TA, does it make sense? If we are willing to give the new Library director a second chance, then shouldn't we also give the TA a second chance? I think it sets a dangerous precedent that could come back to haunt the town.

#32 2009-11-06 15:35:42

How can you forgive someone for something he seems not to have admitted that he did?   Sometimes  the cover-up is worse than the "crime". In 1998 this guy did things that were so bad that even the kind of lawyers who give lawyers a bad name  couldn't tolerate  him ! I want to know what he learned from that experience.

Intelligence is only valuable to Wareham...or anywhere else.. if it is possessed by a Good Human Being. (I have to point out that my good friend Bernie Madoff, who so generously loaned us his plane so we could get out of Town before the Feds came in their black helicopters  is a very intelligent guy.)  If the punishments for  Nerdboso's  despicable  behavior led to a genuine epiphany that he is willing to be "out front" about, I could give him a pass.   Do we know that he was reinstated as a member of the bar?  Did any one of the so called Search Team talk with his library employers and key staff members. How does he relate to those above and below him in the pecking order?   There is a hint about his poor relationships with management in the "google-dirt" that BillW found.

I've seen enough to say, "We've got a problem, Houston."

I have to add a sad reality: No professional librarian on an upward path would take the Wareham job unless he had an in writing promise of financial support for restoring it to its former reputatiom as
one of the best  libraries of its size in the Commonwealth...and then keep on building. He appears to be so desperate for a job that he either didn't ask the tough questions or didn't care about their negative  replies.

There 's a mega-stink to this one: The selection process was flat out  disrespectful to everyone in Wareham, and in fact illegal. That bad smell gets a giant upgrade from  a new department head who  has had character issues  our leaders have so far chosen to ignore.

#33 2009-11-06 16:06:56

Wareham rescinds hiring new library director
Past suspension by New York Bar Association cited
By Steve Urbon
surbon@s-t.com
WAREHAM — The town’s new library director is out of a job just three days after being introduced at the weekly Board of Selectmen’s meeting on Tuesday.

Interim Town Administrator John Sanguinet said in a press release this afternoon that he is rescinding his appointment of Robert Nerboso after reviewing Nerboso’s one-year suspension by the New York Bar Association.

Nerboso, whose mother lives in Plymouth, is now with the Brooklyn Public Library, is both a criminal defense attorney and a librarian. According to information available online, his law license was suspended one year in 1997 for unethical conduct: He was reportedly accused of pressuring a client to plead guilty in a burglary case.

Local bloggers discovered the suspension within hours after Nerboso’s introduction on Tuesday and began criticizing the selection. But Sanguinet wrote that while he knew about the suspension and discussed it with Nerboso during his interviews, he did not inform the Board of Selectmen about it.

“During my negotiations with Mr. Nerboso he made me fully aware of his one-year suspension from the New York Bar Association; he explained the details surrounding this issue and that he had completed an ethics test with the New York Bar and was fully reinstated,” Sanguinet wrote.

He added, “Based on reports that have recently been brought to my attention, I further reviewed the full disciplinary action taken by the New York Bar Association and believe that at this time it is in the best interest of the town to rescind the appointment of Mr. Nerboso. I regret that I need to take this action. However, I have spoken with Mr. Nerboso and made him aware of my decision and he fully understands.”

“Further,” wrote Sanguinet, “I never shared this information with anyone, including the Board of Selectmen. To my knowledge, the Board of Selectmen only became aware of this issue when reports recently surfaced. I chose not to inform the Board of this issue solely on my initial interpretation of the issue and my belief that it has no bearing on Mr. Nerboso’s qualifications as a library director.”

Nerboso was to have started in the Wareham Free Library on Nov. 30. The library has been without a director since the resignation of Susan Pizzolato in June.

HOME

Last edited by Flyspeck (2009-11-06 16:07:34)

#34 2009-11-06 16:23:34

How'd you beat me, Flyspeck? So ok, I deleted my post.

Are you Superman, or what? Great news and great catch!

#35 2009-11-06 16:47:18

Actually, I was basing my post on my belief that everyone deserves an opportunity to prove themselves. Obviously he has an undesirable past, but people do learn from their mistakes.
It is a moot point now that the ITA has rescinded his offer, nice to know that he didn't feel that information worthy enough to share. In a day and age when information is everywhere I would think full disclosure to be the best course of action. But, what do I know?

#36 2009-11-06 16:53:33

I said it before---we need to teach these people--bos and ITA-- how to google new employees in major positions. How sad that a bunch of bloggers had to expose the truth about this guy. 

I guess they really don't care who is running the library or they might have paid a little more attention.

Just another MAJOR embarrassment for this board of selectmen and the ITA.  Let's add this to the list of reasons we want these clowns to resign.

#37 2009-11-06 16:59:35

Molly wrote:

I said it before---we need to teach these people--bos and ITA-- how to google new employees in major positions. How sad that a bunch of bloggers had to expose the truth about this guy.

Sad is not the first word that comes to my mind.

You're assuming Butt Monkey spoke truthfully when he feigned ignorance. No part of this selection process complied with the commonwealth's public meeting laws.

#38 2009-11-06 23:43:48

ANYONE in the position that Mr. Sanguinet occupies should have a COMPLETE understanding of the open meeting laws and advise the Board of such. Ignorance is not an excuse, if there is a question it should be asked of Town Counsel. As is often said in a court of law, ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com