#1 2009-11-04 06:33:10

and it will not be good for the town of wareham , the taxpapers wil have to pay big time.

#2 2009-11-04 08:04:11

Where will the money come from?  Our services? Employee salaries and/or positions? Departmental "give backs" when they are told not to spend because we will need the money by the end of the year?  Well, we know it can't come from the health care trust fund.  Remember that fiasco?  That subject is hardly mentioned now.  Add that one to the pile.

There are so many examples of bad leadership that each week one takes center stage over the one we were outraged about the previous week.  They are all still hanging out there...not resolved, costing us money.

I hope Lt. Bliss gets reinstated and is awarded his back pay, if that is the Commission's decision based on the evidence.  My problem with the situation and others like it, is: here we go again, bad decisions by the Board, implemented by the Interim Town Administrator, are costing taxpayers dearly.  You can't blame diminished services solely on the economic downturn.  Wareham is in its own downward spiral, outside of the economic conditions state-wide that would be challenging enough.   Because of the bad decisions of the Board, without sound legal advice or a strong TA, we are paying in the services that directly affect education, safety and well being and therefore, our quality of life.  How much longer??

#3 2009-11-04 08:10:05

What makes this bad is the arrogance displayed last night by the Chairman of the Selectmen. His comments were directed at Lt Bliss and the case is not even over. We truly need to get competent leadership in this town. If you recap the dollars spent for defending a case and then the dollars when we lose the case, you have a very clear picture of the poor management and personnel decisions made by this group.

#4 2009-11-04 08:12:47

Larry: I agree completely.

#5 2009-11-04 08:54:19

voter wrote:

Where will the money come from?  Our services? Employee salaries and/or positions? Departmental "give backs" when they are told not to spend because we will need the money by the end of the year?  Well, we know it can't come from the health care trust fund.  Remember that fiasco?  That subject is hardly mentioned now.  Add that one to the pile.

There are so many examples of bad leadership that each week one takes center stage over the one we were outraged about the previous week.  They are all still hanging out there...not resolved, costing us money.

I hope Lt. Bliss gets reinstated and is awarded his back pay, if that is the Commission's decision based on the evidence.  My problem with the situation and others like it, is: here we go again, bad decisions by the Board, implemented by the Interim Town Administrator, are costing taxpayers dearly.  You can't blame diminished services solely on the economic downturn.  Wareham is in its own downward spiral, outside of the economic conditions state-wide that would be challenging enough.   Because of the bad decisions of the Board, without sound legal advice or a strong TA, we are paying in the services that directly affect education, safety and well being and therefore, our quality of life.  There are so many examples of bad leadership that each week one takes center stage over the one we were outraged about the previous week.  They are all still hanging out there...not resolved, costing us money. How much longer??

April.

Couldn't agree more, voter...So many screwups, it's easy to forget a few (we can't).
Funny if it weren't so...

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com