#1 2009-11-03 20:15:35

This is Ham with your latest Boozeygate News!!!

It looks like this site can make a positive difference in the community - the selectmen announce tonight that they can't come to a decision on who to hire as a town administrator.

King Sweet Brucey, Supreme Overlord of the People's Republic of Wareham, announcing that 4 out of 5 selectmen are required to approve a candidate.  Sweet Brucey saying that one candidate currently has 3 out of 5 selectmen's approval.

Who is the candidate and who are the holdouts?

Using my shiney crystal balls that I purchased at a traveling fortune teller's yard sale, I'll offer this prediction/speculation.  Sadly, I can't confirm it, but here's my guess.

I suspect that three selectmen want DUI Guy, and Walter Cruz is showing some guts and is holding out.  Who the other hold out is, is anyone's guess.  (I suspect the other holdout is Cronie, but hard to say).

That's just pure speculation on my part.  I have no idea what is going on.  But I have always had a hard time picturing Cruz approving of a guy with two DUI related arrests on his record.

All I do know is that the selectmen owed the people of Wareham an apology for even letting DUI Guy near the final three and they didn't get it from King Brucey. 

Why wouldn't the selectmen at least take this opportunity to address DUI Guy's background?  Why are they trying to sweep this under the rug?

Always fun when the selectmen fight amongst themselves.  What the heck is going on behind closed doors?  And what kinds of pressures will the two holdouts be subjected to?

Boozeygate is heating up!  Stay tuned...

#2 2009-11-03 20:19:51

I still have a problem with the process...never handled properly, it seems (anything)

...and you know it's not BB or Jane going against Brucey, be it Boozey or whomever.
trouble in paradise?

Brenda resign!!!

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#3 2009-11-03 20:28:37

My Crystal Balls predict it is Brucey, Brenda, and Janey for Mr. Boozey, and the two hold outs are Cruz and Cronie.

I always had a hard time seeing Cruz approving of Boozey.  He just seemed too old school to be ok with that.

#4 2009-11-03 20:29:57

We should know what they're thinking..not guessing. They suck.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#5 2009-11-03 20:37:19

Speculation aside, what we CAN say is that they once again failed to be open and honest with the public.  There have been growing concerns about Mr. Boozey's background, whether the selectmen knew anything about it, and appearances that they were trying hard to hide it from the public.  It's pretty obvious this website has impacted their decision because they know they can't hide the truth from the public when the truthbloggers are blogging.

They should have publicly acknowledged Mr. Boozey's background and addressed the public's concerns.  Instead, by ignoring it and not bringing it up tonight, they appear to be holding on to that sad belief that somehow they will be able to sweep it all under the rug.

#6 2009-11-03 20:52:10

I agree..we all should(imo)..that pattern is intolerable. "Pesky Public"
...I don't want Big Brother..There ARE laws..OPEN GOVERNMENT..they shouldn't be circumvented at will.

I will say, that the "Library Guy" seemed above my expectations (on the surface)

Brenda had some comments about the former trustees (lib), I thought were (typically) "inappropriate" ..again, imo

Where's that toilet?...Courtesy flush, please.....

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-11-03 20:53:28)

#7 2009-11-03 20:55:25

Is Janey's mic busted or something??? Speak up!! Please!!

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#8 2009-11-03 21:21:14

Just my two sense....I think it is Brenda and Cruz that are holding out. Brenda is a mother and would not be in favor of Andrews. Cruz seems to have good sense to stay away from Andrews.
I could be wrong about Brenda, but I would hope I am right.

#9 2009-11-03 21:49:52

Ahhhh, Larry I gotta totally disagree with you there.  Brenda does whatever Brucey says and would have no problem voting for DUI Guy at all.

#10 2009-11-03 21:51:54

I would guess that Jane is the hold out because it will hurt future election possibilities in the larger picture.

#11 2009-11-03 21:55:50

Too funny..all the speculation..Again, we should KNOW their thoughts and "problems" with any candidate for TA..

I was thinking maybe Sweet Brucey..he had such a "strong stance" against DUI's in the meeting I referenced in a previous post (when Boozeygate first broke)..not that he doesn't flip-flop on a whim..we should know.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#12 2009-11-03 21:59:18

I would definitely bet real money that Cruz is one hold-out, that's how certain I am of that.  The other hold out, hard to say. 

Brenda is basically Brucey's puppet, so she'll do whatever he wants, Janey I think would have no problem with the guy.

My gut tells me the other hold out could be Cronie, because either a ) he just hasn't shown up to any meetings in a month and wasn't able to vote for Boozey or b) every once in a great while....and I do mean a great while.....occasionally, VERY occassionally....Cronie does the right thing.  (Did I mention he only does it occasionally and once in a great while?)

#13 2009-11-03 22:01:34

Cronie is up for re-election in April..the "right thing" might have ulterior motives.
...But, I agree, Cronie could be a holdout on this.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#14 2009-11-03 22:04:41

And again, Cronie's "hold out" could very well be just because he hasn't felt like getting off his ass to come to selectmen's meetings for the past month, for all we know, now that he's no longer MIA he could give them the vote they need tonight.

#15 2009-11-04 06:49:16

brenda was probally votingfor the druncan canditate , she wants a new drinking buddey, pass the booze brenda.

#16 2009-11-04 07:15:00

PShooter wrote:

I agree..we all should(imo)..that pattern is intolerable. "Pesky Public"
...I don't want Big Brother..There ARE laws..OPEN GOVERNMENT..they shouldn't be circumvented at will.

I will say, that the "Library Guy" seemed above my expectations (on the surface)

Brenda had some comments about the former trustees (lib), I thought were (typically) "inappropriate" ..again, imo

Where's that toilet?...Courtesy flush, please.....

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Once again the bos do not disappoint. Bruce also had a sly comment about legal issues--since this guy is also a lawyer. I guess Bruce and Brenda just can't take the high road ever.  At least the library guy said he wanted to start fresh. Not with this bos reminding them about the evil doers at the library. Let's flush this bos to a better place--for them at least.

#17 2009-11-04 09:39:04

Molly, I believe the new library director made some comment to the effect of "I understand there has been some controversy" but did not want to get involved with it, just wanted to run a good library, or something like that.

I hate to break the news to him, but the selectmen WILL expect him to get involved, and to be on their side, or else they'll whip out the pink slip.  I would imagine when he starts that Wareham's community of library supporters will talk to him about their concerns about what the selectmen have done to the library...and I would imagine the selectmen will consider even speaking to their political enemies to be a capital offense.

On the TA issue, it is funny they can't come to an agreement, because this is a board that usually cowtows to whatever Sweet Brucey wants.  I think the candidate they are fighting over has to be DUI Guy, because I don't see Maresco or Canevazzi being so controversial that they can't make a decision on one of them.

My gut always told me that Cruz would have a hard time voting for DUI guy.  I just hope they don't start browbeating him for standing up to them on something.  These people do have a history of turning on each other at the drop of a dime.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-11-04 09:40:36)

#18 2009-11-04 11:17:30

I was at the meeting last night to hear what the new library director had to say. He did say he didn't want to get involved in the "controversy" but he was reminded of it by the selectmen. The poor guy was sitting next to slager during the meeting, so who knows what sort of "factual inaccuracies" he was told about the library! He is a also a lawyer in NY (google him!) so I'm sure he had access to and read the pleadings in the library case. I certainly would if I was stepping into the controversy whether I liked it or not.

The new director should be able to recognize our great staff and a strong group of supporters willing to help him bring the library back to the great "jewel" of Wareham as it has been called. We need to give him a chance and work with him towards the same goal. (He said the collection needs work. That takes money that we haven't had for more than two years. He obviously hasn't bought a paperback in a while.  They haven't been $5.99 for years. I can't find one less than 7.99. And many people in Wareham can't  afford that which is why the hardcover bestsellers have the highest circulation rate at the library. But I'm sure he'll learn the demographics of the town etc. It'll take time to analyze the circulation data and we have to give him that time to be completely fair.)

The BoS were in executive session prior to the meeting and we had to wait outside. You could certainly see some spirited discussion and a lot of hand gesturing go on.  I guess they have to come to an agreement on the TA or at least 4 of them do.

I thought Brenda throwing Nan Miller under the bus like that was nasty. Nan wasn't there to defend herself. All that should have been said was "we need to ask Nan Miller to come speak to us. Please put it on the agenda and invite her to the next meeting." But that would have shown some class (and some fairness to a volunteer on a town committee). I guess it was better than calling voters at town meeting "assholes" though.

#19 2009-11-06 10:34:00

Trying to guess who the second "hold-out" is way more fun than Sudoku !

I was with the Walter/Cronie  camp  for two days but then i started re-examining the other horses in the race. The result : I'm placing my #2 Holdout money on Jane.

Why?  .....Because she's the only one with the political savvy to realize that the ship is sinking and there's only one life raft, and it's called Walter. She sees the recalls charging down on all of them except Walter. No problem ....Throw your three pals overboard and sail on into the new BOS era  on the life raft called Walter.

Now there's a follow up guessing game: Who will cave in to make it a 4-1 vote?

I'm going to guess....maybe it's not a guess but a dream..... that neither one will ,which will force a new search on the BOS.  Walter will hold out for the right reasons. The Other One will do it as  a staged  "Profile in Courage" step that separates her from her recall-doomed pals.

Sandra says I've been reading too many murder mysteries....But I think Agatha Christie would  agree that it's a plausible outcome.

#20 2009-11-06 11:18:23

Dick Wheeler wrote:

Trying to guess who the second "hold-out" is way more fun than Sudoku !

I was with the Walter/Cronie  camp  for two days but then i started re-examining the other horses in the race. The result : I'm placing my #2 Holdout money on Jane.

Why?  .....Because she's the only one with the political savvy to realize that the ship is sinking and there's only one life raft, and it's called Walter. She sees the recalls charging down on all of them except Walter. No problem ....Throw your three pals overboard and sail on into the new BOS era  on the life raft called Walter.

Now there's a follow up guessing game: Who will cave in to make it a 4-1 vote?

I'm going to guess....maybe it's not a guess but a dream..... that neither one will ,which will force a new search on the BOS.  Walter will hold out for the right reasons. The Other One will do it as  a staged  "Profile in Courage" step that separates her from her recall-doomed pals.

Sandra says I've been reading too many murder mysteries....But I think Agatha Christie would  agree that it's a plausible outcome.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#21 2009-11-06 17:39:00

I have posted that the hold out would be Jane.   She can later say that she didn't vote for the DUI candidate when she runs for state rep after she retires, which is soon.  Just my opinion.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com