#1 2009-10-29 13:22:59

Does anyone have the original article from the Slager's site? It appears to have changed. Thanks

#2 2009-10-29 13:36:27

yes i do

#3 2009-10-29 13:43:49

I want to point out that there have been remarkable changes :)  Good thing we have the original.

#4 2009-10-29 14:02:36

What's that song by BTO? "You aint' seen nuthin yet" I can play it, but I don't remember it.

#5 2009-10-29 14:16:16

I ALWAYS KEEP A COPY OF HIS ORIGINAL STORIES BECAUSE OF TIMES JUST LIKE THIS.

#6 2009-10-29 14:25:22

The one big change that stands out to me is that Bobo changed Sweet Brucey's quote to call "Take Back Wareham" people ugly people with black hearts, whereas last night Brucey was quoted as saying anyone who voted against the selectmen were ugly people with black hearts.  I don't know if Bobo has permission from Brucey to change his quotes as needed when they get Brucey in hot water, or if Bobo had to call Sweet Brucey back up on his Sweet Brucey speed dial.

I wish Bobo and Brucey would stop projecting (accusing other people of being what they are.)  Bobo and Brucey are both ugly individuals with hearts as black as the midnight sky.  And Bobo is not just ugly on the inside but on the outside too.  Have you ever seen his In this Corner picture?  Whoa, nelly, what a hideous face!

#7 2009-10-29 14:32:57

Sauvageau said. “That’s what (Take Back Wareham members) are - ugly people with black hearts.”

NO BOBO YOU SAID THE "VOTERS" SHAME ON YOU CHANGING QUOTES FROM PEOPLE. THATS WHAT QUOTES ARE EXACT WORDS FROM ANOTHER PERSON. MUST YOU KISS BRUCEY'S ASS SO MUCH?

#8 2009-10-29 14:50:09

How about this. How about establishing a group called SAVE WAREHAM or PRESERVE WAREHAM. Something with a positive sound that people will not be reminded of what has taken place with the acrimony for the last few months.
TAKE BACK WAREHAM was basically the genesis of better things to come.
No one will be writing about the negative hate bloggers of TAKE BACK WAREHAM, because it doesn't exist anymore.
Just a suggestion :)

#9 2009-10-29 15:06:40

It's not about groups Dan, it's about individuals coming together for a cause. The negative comments are all coming from one basic source. IN my opinion, Take Back Wareham is something we need to accomplish, not the name of an organization. IMO, we could call it Slager's army and he would still write negative comments. As far as I am concerned, I will continue the effort to Take Back Wareham.

#10 2009-10-29 15:55:49

OK, Larry...cool with me.

#11 2009-10-29 15:58:15

I agree Larry, as I said last night.  I am not a member of any group.  I just want MY Wareham Back.  So "taking back Wareham" is what I want to do.  I want to take it back from the greedy, liars that are in that ivory tower.  I want to be able to approach, ask and get a reply from the "Board".

It isn't just me.  Hundreds of people in Wareham are disgusted by their actions, that we know about.  We are also curious about what we don't know.  The board has its own agenda and what they want to do about our votes at TM is showing everyone that voted - EVERYONE THAT VOTED - that they don't care.  They will make the Wareham that THEY want!  I am not okay with that!  If two articles are being put on the ballot, every single item we voted on should be put on the ballot.  The Board says we are stupid to have voted this way, basically.  How can they say that we had a deal with Bay Pointe to fill the TM and vote down Westfield.  Don't they think - duh - that Bay Pointe would have had 500 people on Tuesday night when their article was heard?  Take Wareham Back from the Village Idiots.  We are being pushed to have a mayor.  We don't want it and we don't need it.

#12 2009-10-29 16:00:47

I agree again Poppa Bear. Smear as they may, "we" are growing. As much by their gaffes, as our efforts. Remember, only thing you need to get "in", is a dissatisfaction with the current "leader's". That should pretty much fill us up.

Also, any negative connotation(s) to the term "Take Back Wareham" should have been considered much earlier. Whatever it is, it's gained momentum despite their smear campaign. I would venture to say there are plenty of people that would never claim to be a part of any "Take Back Wareham", but they see things much as we do. In other words, they're smart enough (or at least not blind) to see what the root of the problems are...and it ain't "us".

Bill, all of us, and our "leader's" own incompetence have strengthened our numbers.

Again, desperate moves by desperate people.

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-10-29 17:12:42)

#13 2009-10-29 16:48:27

Maybe the story in that "other" local publication was a prank done in retaliation?!

#14 2009-10-29 17:12:30

townie, that has to be the surprise that Bobo has promised!

#15 2009-10-29 17:31:03

Do you think they want to put Westfield on the ballot because they can get seniors to sign absentee ballots and then stuff the box?

#16 2009-10-29 18:11:57

Q: Why do they want to put  Westfield on the ballot?

A: "They" is one (1) selectman and one(1)wanna -be journalist, both of whom are in dire straits financially.
Putting Westfield on the ballot maintains a "revenue stream"  from the developer's  Public Awareness and Advertising budget that will keep their wallets warm  and the presses rolling throughout the Winter and on into  April .  "It's about the money!"  There's no other plausible explanation !

#17 2009-10-29 18:17:58

Total agreement Dick. I have yet to see any of the other Selectmen come out in support or in the negative. What I find the most interesting is how Slager's original story was changed. Also, Ellen B. made the same claim as did Bruce and whoever wrote the article. I would rather avoid any distractions and focus on ousting the Selectmen (yes, brenda and jane too) so we can stop the flow of money going to lawyers instead of employees.

#18 2009-10-29 18:56:32

As far as I can tell, the idea of this "deal" first appeared in a Slager "In This Corner" blog post.  As we learned in the decision on his case vs. Chief Joyce, Slager is able to hide behind the nature of this "editorial" post, and does not have the same requirements to actually, you know, tell the truth.   You'll notice, and this is very, very important, that non of the non-editorial posts on his site state that a deal was struck.  As previously discussed, libel/slander laws are very different when applied to editorial-type posts as opposed to those that claim to be "news".  The closest anybody comes in a "news" post is from the "Breaking News" that was allegedly written by Andrea Smith:

After learning that the Westfield senior affordable-housing project was defeated on Town Meeting floor Monday because of a political deal struck between the Take Back Wareham group and supporters of Bay Pointe residential expansion...

AND

Sauvageau said he believes Westfield was defeated on Monday because of a deal between the Take Back Wareham political group (which opposed Westfield) and proponents of Bay Pointe expansion...

In the first, it just says that Brucey learned about the "deal".  In the second, it's a paraphrasing of something that Brucey said.  Again, SLAGER NEVER CLAIMS IN A NEWS POST THAT THERE WAS A "DEAL" OF ANY KIND. The first appearance was in an "editorial".  Later claims such as "Monday night’s vote against Westfield, aided in no small part to a deal Take Back Wareham struck with supporters of Bay Pointe expansion, hasn’t disillusioned selectmen" also come in editorials. 

The only possible explanation is that Slager knows he's making crap up.  Again.  Let's see if he actually has the "stones" (thanks for the term, Paul Shooter) to print an actual news article about the alleged "deal", or if he'll just continue to hide behind the legal protections that the editorial umbrella gives up.  His transparency and utter cowardice makes me want to vomit.

#19 2009-10-29 20:01:49

Cas,
Ellen Begley wrote the same thing in a comment on the Courier. I asked her flat out to produce evidence. This goes to credibility, and as far as I can see, they don't operate with truth, so we have a another twisted lie being propagated. Bruce is using this lie to justify his placing the items on the ballot in April. That is what the problem truly is. He is basing his actions on a lie. So, wouldn't he have to have evidence in order to make this stick?

Has anyone discussed his with the other side? (Bay Pointe). I am sure they will have something to say about it!

#20 2009-10-29 20:11:12

..."what occurred at Town Meeting has convinced me that people are finally understanding they need to do even more. They need to become more active. They need to increase awareness among their families and friends as to what is actually happening in Wareham."

I actually found ONE small truth in that article!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com