#1 2009-10-28 15:11:38

Read The Observer this one time.  The BoS is going to overturn all!!!!

#2 2009-10-28 15:15:23

What a bunch of pricks!

I'm sure both are non-binding, but they're going to screw with your head anyway.

#3 2009-10-28 15:18:40

And it looks like they are going to spend money in the meantime....this is a very sad day for Wareham and the fine citizens that voted with their heart.

#4 2009-10-28 15:34:17

THE PEOPLE SPOKE AND THATS THE END OF IT. WHAT WILL  THIS COST THE TOWN? WE VOTED TO INCREASE THE CLERKS BUDGET APPROX 25,000 MORE FOR TED KENNEDY'S SEAT. AS SLAGER WOULD SAY SHOW ME PROOF THAT THERE WAS A BACKDOOR DEAL WITH BAYPOINT. TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO SAID LETS WAIT TILL APRIL AND NOT HAVE A RECALL. I CONSTANTLY SAID WE CANNOT AFFORD TO HAVE THESE POWER HUNGRY PEOPLE IN OFFICE THAT LONG. THEY HAVE TO BE REMOVED. RECALL NOW

#5 2009-10-28 15:36:23

Frivolous Bullshit. Who "made a deal"? What Group? Bunch o' shit...

Desperate acts from desperate people..

See why I chose my original screen name?

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#6 2009-10-28 15:39:53

These are tuff financial times for everyone but a recall needs to start now, this effort will cost us less and probably save our town money compaired to the way those "ASSHOLES" blow our tax dollars.  It is now time to "Disolve" this board of selectmen.  Anyone can take five minutes out of their schedule to vote, and we all took time out to attend town meeting and to voice our opinion and vote for what we feel is right for the town.  They are all sulking about the majority of the voting body not siding with them and now they are saying F%&* You to everyone.

#7 2009-10-28 15:42:19

To bad the ACLU doesn't deal with these kind of issues.

#8 2009-10-28 15:48:15

PShooter wrote:

Frivolous Bullshit. Who "made a deal"? What Group? Bunch o' shit...

Desperate acts from desperate people..

See why I chose my original screen name?

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

you did the PRESIDENT of TBW.. duh hahaha

#9 2009-10-28 15:48:21

What they have done with this latest ploy is provide us with the  high powered engine that will propel the recall movement that will drive them out of office.

There's a relevant cartoon in this week's New Yorker Magazine: A cheeky five year old boy  is standing in front of his exasperated parents, shaking his fists as he mouths: "How am I supposed to think about consequences before they happen?"

The Wareham BOS in a nutshell...

#10 2009-10-28 15:50:39

Dick Wheeler wrote:

What they have done with this latest ploy is provide us with the  high powered engine that will propel the recall movement that will drive them out of office.

There's a relevant cartoon in this week's New Yorker Magazine: A cheeky five year old boy  is standing in front of his exasperated parents, shaking his fists as he mouths: "How am I supposed to think about consequences before they happen?"

The Wareham BOS in a nutshell...

dick, they the BOS dont get it the residents spoke and now to pull this to circumvent our vote is only gonna bring on more to the tide of change..

#11 2009-10-28 15:53:32

This cost more legal fees to put this together. yes folks, they are spending our dime to further their agenda. Once again, they are showing the "fiscal responsibility" they crow so much about.

If you take their actions from Monday night and you add in this new piece of agenda, you certainly can see they aren't listening to the citizens of Wareham. Now, what strikes me as odd is that they actually believe there was a deal struck between Take Back Wareham and Bay Pointe and that is the only reason the article was voted down. I don't know how they didn't see the people voting NO, but there were many senior citizens voting it down.

They must have a political deathwish. Frankly, they make me sick, period.

#12 2009-10-28 15:59:13

"According to Sauvageau, plans to form an evaluation committee for the five proposals previously received for Westfield will continue despite the events at Town Meeting. "

#13 2009-10-28 16:19:57

Last edited by onboard19 (2009-10-28 17:35:25)

#14 2009-10-28 16:33:08

I know I was totally on the fence about Bay Pointe up until I voted, I listened carefully to what was said and tried to make the best decision. I admit, that was a tough one for me! But, knowing it will come back to TM as a plan gave me some security. Westfield did not have to come back to TM unless they wanted to use CPA funds, that made me nervous. I personally would like to see the BOS put together a committee to study housing issues for seniors, families and those that are disabled. There are children in our midst who live in disgraceful environments. That is just as offensive as seniors living in deplorable conditions. Then there is the issue of handicapped accessible housing, it is short supply. It would be nice if everyone worked together for the benefit of all, the BOS, private developers, non-profits, and citizens to work towards ensuring everyone has suitable housing. I know, a pipe dream, but as a Mouse addict I think of Walt Disney, it all started with a dream.......

#15 2009-10-28 17:05:53

Larry McDonald wrote:

They must have a political deathwish. Frankly, they make me sick, period.

Is this really a wise strategy for the BOS to pursue.  There already was going to be quite the turnout to vote Sweet Brucie & Cronie out of office.  This cinches it.  There is going to be such a sh!tstorm leading up to the April elections, this BOS has definately signed their deathwish.

The BOS had better not be spending anymore of our money on Westfield.  They better be doing the "reviewing of the proposals" and making their case without the professional services of Mr Heaton. 

But you know as well as I do, the BOS will continue to dump money into this hole that is Westfield.  Now we'll have both Mr Heaton and K&P working double  time on this.

I am definately for a recall of the entire BOS.  Mr Cruz, this is your time to at the very least speak up. 

Well look at it this way, it won't be boring around here leading up to the April elections.  What political theater!

#16 2009-10-28 17:26:13

128Commuter wrote:

I am definately for a recall of the entire BOS.  Mr Cruz, this is your time to at the very least speak up. 

Well look at it this way, it won't be boring around here leading up to the April elections.  What political theater!

So true...but a brief intermission might have been nice. Frankenstein won't die!!!

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#17 2009-10-28 17:30:53

Well, if they really can require these to go on the ballot.....what will they be submitted as? Referendum? Binding or non-binding? I think this is a big ploy and won't even get off the ground, but, if it does, then plan on petitioning for a recall for three incumbent Selectmen and two open seats, along with the Bay Pointe and Civil Service articles. You will still win and the assholes will be swept away like dog crap in a rain storm.
They will go where they justifiably belong...into political oblivion.
By the way, my opinion, any one in elected office, such as the Chairman of the BOS that says that Town Meeting didn't mean what it did because only a few people showed up to decide, is not an American. He is a communist, and should be taken away in chains by Homeland Security for being a subversive.
My opinion, and if the asshole doesn't like it, have him sue me and he'll really see what life is about.
These people are un-American scum.

#18 2009-10-28 22:37:05

They have town counsel lolling into the legality of the ballot . What is this costing us? Recall now !

#19 2009-10-28 22:40:56

Ham declares this an outrage!! The people have spoken no less than three times on this issue already!  Resign!  Recall!  AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!  An outrage, I say!  An outrage!  Scumbag selectmen resign immediately!!!

#20 2009-10-28 23:06:03

Hamatron5000 wrote:

Ham declares this an outrage!! The people have spoken no less than three times on this issue already!  Resign!  Recall!  AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!  An outrage, I say!  An outrage!  Scumbag selectmen resign immediately!!!

That's the word that popped into the memory circuits of all Hamatrons, Hamatron5000.

I am Hamatron5000!

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#21 2009-10-28 23:10:33

We're all willing to help the town get senior housing, just not on Westfield, as the majority of voters have said three times now.  Why don't they stop wasting time, stop wasting money, and go back to the drawing board and try to come up with an idea that everyone will get behind?

#22 2009-10-28 23:13:29

There will be no resignations......These folks are in a different universe....A universe that  has them as the rulers of a  helpless populous.   We are, to them, as if the peasantry who fled other parts of the world and came to America.....rabble.

Rise up Wareham  !!

#23 2009-10-28 23:14:43

And damn it, when the hell did they come to this decision to try to put it on the ballot?  They sure as hell didn't decide on it during an open meeting.  The DA needs to investigate this.  They're announcing they made a decision and they held no public meeting on it. 

This is bullshit.

#24 2009-10-28 23:16:59

Why have they continued to piss away money, disburse funds beyond the required limits without a board of trustees in place, etc, etc., etc.???

You called it Ham. SelectBozos.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/35/70886399_18c7860583.jpg

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#25 2009-10-28 23:31:56

When did they decide to do this? Was this a contingency plan in the event they lost on Town Meeting floor? If so, it is at the very least malfeasance and should be cause for removal, as well as violation of the Sunshine Laws and a conspiracy to defraud a government entity duly organized as a Town Meeting.
I think Ham is right. Have the DA investigate.
Time is too short to recall now. The best thing to do is get 5 great candidates for Selectman, get ready to fight the good fight on keeping Civil Service and passing Bay Pointe.
Time is on your side, and so is this site. This site is an atomic bomb.
You have already proven you can win, now prove you can really win by getting rid of everyone.
If Mr. Cruz wants a pass on recall, since most people think he hasn't been in long enough to know better, then he should step up to the plate, say that he disagrees with the way the Board has acted, and ask the people not to recall him.
If not...put hm on the recall list too.
Shame on them.
Un-American scumbags, as my brother HAMATRON5000 said.
I am DANOHAMATRON1945.

#26 2009-10-28 23:59:46

marny wrote:

To bad the ACLU doesn't deal with these kind of issues.

They are advocates for individual rights.   Take back Wareham are three words used to describe our feelings.  We do not have a list of members that I know of.  There may be a list of individuals who feel the same way.  We want to take Wareham back from the people who are running it into the ground.  We are soon to be bankrupt if we allow them to continue spending blindly and without the public's - you & me - knowledge.  We want to take the curtain off the BOS's secrets.

The ACLU is there to protect us when our voting rights are challenged.  That is a quote.    What the BOS are planning is a challenge to our voting rights.  They have totally ignored how we voted.  The law is the law. 

What harm would a letter do?  Maybe they can point us in a different direction.  Maybe the Wall Street Journal will put us on the front page again.  I am feeling insulted by the no good, self-centered, egotistical Village Idiots.

Our form of government is not working because the people running it are totally out of control.

#27 2009-10-28 23:59:52

Ham, they were having a powwow in the cafeteria prior to tuesday evenings meeting, perfect timing to discuss "strategy."

#28 2009-10-29 00:07:45

wareham pride wrote:

"According to Sauvageau, plans to form an evaluation committee for the five proposals previously received for Westfield will continue despite the events at Town Meeting. "

I must have missed this, but when did they request proposals for Westfield?  Was this put out to bid? Advertised?  Maybe it was when I was working 2 jobs this summer.

#29 2009-10-29 00:31:05

bornofwareham wrote:

wareham pride wrote:

I must have missed this, but when did they request proposals for Westfield?  Was this put out to bid? Advertised?  Maybe it was when I was working 2 jobs this summer.

Yes, Quickie after the assisted living was removed and only one proposal came back on the first RFP. Cart before the horse, in any event. Keep your proposals, or should I say "our" proposals. I love paying for things I don't want, with money (and time) that coulda shoulda been used more wisely..

There's a link to the proposals on the Town's website if you care to take a look.

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#30 2009-10-29 00:47:59

Cara Winslow wrote:

I know I was totally on the fence about Bay Pointe up until I voted, I listened carefully to what was said and tried to make the best decision. I admit, that was a tough one for me! But, knowing it will come back to TM as a plan gave me some security. Westfield did not have to come back to TM unless they wanted to use CPA funds, that made me nervous. I personally would like to see the BOS put together a committee to study housing issues for seniors, families and those that are disabled. There are children in our midst who live in disgraceful environments. That is just as offensive as seniors living in deplorable conditions. Then there is the issue of handicapped accessible housing, it is short supply. It would be nice if everyone worked together for the benefit of all, the BOS, private developers, non-profits, and citizens to work towards ensuring everyone has suitable housing. I know, a pipe dream, but as a Mouse addict I think of Walt Disney, it all started with a dream.......

Not a pipe dream, possibly a reality.  I don't always agree (silently) to what you blog, but by no means is anything you say offensive or off the wall.  I agree to disagree.  I hate the sound of "another study".  It has been over used for the last few years, but yes, something needs to be done.  We have multiple children living in motel rooms with one or two parents. Not the healthiest environment during flu season.  I wonder how many seniors need housing and for what reason.  Some can't take care of the cleaning aspect of their larger homes, while others have problems with heating costs.  It isn't always deplorable conditions.  Some are alone and afraid to be.  It would be nice to see them rent a room to another senior or someone younger that could help with cleaning &  utilities and just knowing someone else is in the house would be a comfort.  This isn't for everyone, but surely a few seniors might make this happen.  I have heard from several seniors I know, that their homes are big and upkeep is expensive but they won't downsize because their children from miles to states away, won't have a place to stay when they visit.   Another problem is with rentals.  Yes, money is tight for most of us, but a rental property owner would rather let a home sit vacant for a year, than go down on his rent.  I just don't get it.  Find a family, come down on the rent, at least you will pay the taxes and have a little to bank.  A friend needed a place in Wareham, close to work.  A stable job, a professional who just bought a new car, was asked to come up with over $6,000 for 1st, last and security.  This friend went to Bourne.  The house is still vacant, for over a year now.  Don't give up your dream.  Hopefully, we will have a new, better BOS soon, that will be willing to sit down and talk before we need to call for a study.

#31 2009-10-29 08:24:59

I LOVE HOW SLAGER'S ARTICLE HEADLINE READS "BREAKING NEWS BAY POINTE / TAKE BACK WAREHAM DEAL EXPOSED. I HAVE READ THE ARTICLE SEVERAL TIMES NOW AND HAVE YET TO FIND WHERE A DEAL WAS EXPOSED. WHERE IS IT? ANYONE?

#32 2009-10-29 08:45:19

Are you asking for FACTS? Or perhaps you are asking for EVIDENCE?  There was NO DEAL and everyone knows it. I have no idea who the Bay Pointe people are. I heard them speak in front of the bos. I can form my own opinion and my vote is never coerced.

Don't hold your breath waiting for the truth. The very fact that ragboy is the mouthpiece of the selectmen should be enough to convince the rest of you to stop reading this piece of garbage and this pack of lies.

I'm still asking people to give up the ghost of this rag. One of my friends who admitted he occasionally peaks at the online pay for view totally free site laughs at how many full articles are posted there now. No one is reading the hard copy, so really all he has is a pathetic blog of people who agree that those of us who went to town meeting and voted our convictions are ugly and have black hearts. That's sick.

ONE MORE TIME---BOYCOTT THIS PIECE OF S#@T. IT IS NOT WORTH YOUR TIME TO READ THE LIES AND FABRICATIONS. PEOPLE ON THIS SITE HAVE GIVEN US EVIDENCE OF THOSE LIES AND GIVEN US THE FACTS AS PROOF.

How much longer are we going to let that worthless rag be a part of our lives? I say we make a clean sweep. Get rid of the bos, the town moderator, the clerk--and the rag. Let's all do it this time.

#33 2009-10-29 08:54:46

danoconnell wrote:

I think Ham is right. Have the DA investigate.
Time is too short to recall now. The best thing to do is get 5 great candidates for Selectman, get ready to fight the good fight on keeping Civil Service and passing Bay Pointe.

Wouldn't it be wise to at least pursue a recall on Brenda and Jane?  Even if we replace Bruce & Cronie, won't we still have a problem with 2-2 votes only to be decided by Cruz?

IMO, even though the timeline of it all might force the town to hold a costly special election, we have to get rid of Brenda and Jane.  The sooner we get rid of those 2 the better for the town.  This special election would be a bargain when compared against the money this BOS spends on legal fees.  Unless you guys think that with chief ringleader, Sweet Brucie, voted out of office that will put the end to the blind pursuit of their agenda of personal gain and retaliation.  Why not initiate a recall of Brockton Brenda and Jane the Crypt Keeper?  Don't we owe it to our town to do all we can to stop this damaging pursuit of personal agendas and retaliation?  These 2 must be removed from office.  The sooner the better.

#34 2009-10-29 09:03:06

128...I agree with you it should happen quickly, but, if you look at the process of recall in the Charter, it takes at least 60 days, probably more, by the time signatures are gathered, submitted, voted on, petitions announced, etc. April gives you plenty of time and allows you to sweep the whole group out.

#35 2009-10-29 09:03:27

Molly, I agree.  The rag is now supporting the selectmen in their attempt to break the law and subvert the will of the people who have now three times said no to this proposal.  The selectmen, if they were true leaders who truly cared about seniors, would abandon this failure and come back to us with a proposal that we can all get behind.  Rather than roll up their sleeves and do some hard work, they will let a consultant do the work on the taxpayer's dime and then enlist their boot lackey mouthpiece to smear anyone who gets in the way.  That strategy has failed them three times.  They need to learn that Bobo's lies can't get them everything.

The Bobo Rag is helping the selectmen break the law and overturn the will of the people and it should be boycotted.  Any business that helps this rag in its quest to destroy this town should hang its head in shame.

#36 2009-10-29 09:09:28

I can't speak for "TakeBackWareham" as I'm simply a supporter of the just cause of removing our current leadership with professional, mature, civil and fiscally responsible individuals.  As another citizen in Wareham that recognizes
the situation for what it is (A TRAIN WRECK), I will continue to participate in any and all efforts to remove and replace our leaders.  They have proven over
and over that the will of the people is not worthy and this latest announcement by their mouthpiece, Bobo, has put the "nail in the coffin". 

The questions needing answers are:
1. Where in the laws that govern our community is there a mechanism to circumvent the vote of the people and instead suggest that a question on the ballot provides some alternative to ignore the decision of town meeting ?

2. As IHS asks, where is this "so-called" evidence AND even if there was some sort of exchange of support for any or all Articles, SO WHAT ?  Welcome to the United States of America and the term known as politics.  Like it or leave it. 

3. Hypothetically, what if the BOS got all of their agenda passed by the same spread of 50-60 votes because they got more of "their" voters to attend TM ?
Would this same reporting be amoung us on behalf of the losing side ?  I think not.  It's evident that they are simply using their mouthpiece again to force their agenda down the throats of the more vulnerable peeople, the seniors.  Yet the seniors are the very section of Wareham citizens they have tried to suggest are the ones their representing.

Of the proposed $30 Million dollar improvement, Wareham would have ONLY realized a dozen (12) or so truly "affordable" units for our senior population.
If instead we reconstruct Agawam, we would realize 40 + fully affordable recognized senior units for far less of an investment.  Talk about good business sense.

While Bobo has tried to spin this to suggest that some supposed "deal" was exposed, he should disclose his source or sources.  My guess is that he can't because there are none.  As usual, it's just a headline in an effort to sell his trash tabloid.

Lastly, Brucey continues to show his true colors and proves once again he's not worthy of leading.  He must go and as I've said many times now, April can't come soon enough.

#37 2009-10-29 09:16:39

IHATESLAGER wrote:

I HAVE READ THE ARTICLE SEVERAL TIMES NOW AND HAVE YET TO FIND WHERE A DEAL WAS EXPOSED. WHERE IS IT? ANYONE?

As you know, the -it- you seek is nonexistent bullshit.

I have my hands full today so if I don't get there first, would someone here please click the image below and call the DA for comment and report back?

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#38 2009-10-29 09:21:46

Simple question: Is there a legal alternative to fight this? It appears we have elected officials spending our tax dollars without our approval. If there is a bill from any legal office to render an opinion on Bruce's attempt to include defeated articles at the next election, then we didn't approve it.

#39 2009-10-29 09:28:50

They are publicly admitting that they have already made a decision to put Westfield on a ballot and they did not hold any public meeting to discuss this decision.  They sought no public input.  They just announced that they are doing it through their mouthpiece.  This is an open meeting law violation and the DA should be looking into it.

#40 2009-10-29 09:33:24

Could we start a recall now and piggy back the election on the Ted Kennedy replacement election in January? The state is paying for the cost of that election. No cost to the town and a clean sweep of the people who think we are ugly and have black hearts. Sounds like a win-win situation to me.

#41 2009-10-29 12:04:01

Important thread here...

Bob, you're the man..and no one can speak for TBW, but we all can. The force of our singular voice won't be silenced. They've been trying to stifle the momentum from the beginning. They knew, o yeah, they knew.

The thing is, all we had/have to do is pay attention. They do all the heavy lifting by screwing up so much. If we're guilty of anything it's exposure and apparently that was never of great concern to them before. Well shitheads, consider yourselves exposed.
Now, the damage needs to stop and we need to start a recovery project that's going to take all of us to undo what they've done. How they have the gaul to pin all the blame on us is so beyond comprehension to me, I don't think it warrants any attention. They are pathetic shameful loser's who would resign immediately if they had a teensy weensy inkling of a clue. That's cool, make us jump through your hoops, and continue to damage the Town you claim to love. You've proven to be TBW's best recruiter's.

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-10-29 12:50:58)

#42 2009-10-29 14:22:17

SOMEBODY BETTER LET SELECTMAN CRUZ THAT HE IS PART OF THE BAYPOINT CONSPIRACY SINCE HE VOTED FOR BAY POINTE.

#43 2009-10-29 16:55:25

A day or so before Slager  accused TBW of being in cahoots with the Bay Pointe developers, there was a blog posted here that asked a question: "Which of the competing Westfield developers do you suppose is paying Bobo's printing bills?"

It was a good question then, and it's a better question now that he has pulled his predictable change-the-subject routine.   Now I'm REALLY suspicious of the  Slager,Sauvageau, Developer X, connection. There aren't enough units in the Westfield project for anyone to justify a self-righteous stand in support of the deperately needy.  This is all about money, and  it was SO predictable that once we voiced "The Aha ! Factor", that Bobo would try to lead us away with a phony counter accusation. I've always suspected that at least one BOS member was "owned" by  a developer, but now  I'm thinking that the same developer also "owns" a newspaper.   The palm greasing and the printing  expense support would have ended  with our"Indefinite Postponement" vote,  but  as a result of the  desperate sleight of hand move by $auvageau, $upported by $lager  the flow of the green paper can resume.

#44 2009-10-29 17:21:49

Ahhh....the wisdom of Dick Wheeler. Follow the money!!

#45 2009-10-29 20:45:10

I spoke with a lady from Wareham that I know, she is 78 and still working helping the citizens of Wareham. She and her Husband were very involved in politics here and on a national level for many years including working in Washington for the Kennedy Administration. He has passed on now and she has stepped back. She was at town meeting and talked to me before she went. She was not sure how she was going to vote on a number of subjects but would make up her mind at the meeting. I spoke to her today and she told me that she changed her mind about Westfield that night after hearing everyone speak. She was not for taking the chiefs job out of civil service from the start. Bay point made since to her after hearing the discussion. No deals no greasing of palms.
When I told her today of what Bruce had said about anyone who voted against him she in a very unlady like fashion ( and she is very much a lady) said F    him. He is gone. It took me a few min. to over come the shock of her response. If you new this Cape Verdean lady and I do mean Lady very well known in the community you would know that Bruce is gone she will see to it.

#46 2009-10-29 20:57:51

Go raibh maith agat le haghaidh do scéal spreagadh, fear mo Boru maith!

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#47 2009-10-29 21:03:49

There were several Cape Verdeans who got up and spoke out against things the selectmen wanted the other night.  That's why Sweet Brucey's "everyone who disagrees with me is ugly and has a black heart" might come back to bite him in the ass politically.  Is Sweet Brucey saying all of those folks are ugly and have black hearts too?

#48 2009-10-29 21:04:00

tá fáilte romhat

#49 2009-10-29 21:33:31

All in all, it was sour grapes. They lost after all the planning, phone calls, and misinformation. They not only lost, they displayed the type of behavior you have come to expect from our fine upstanding Selectmen. Calling voters disparging names is just another day for them. There was no back room deals and that is just another distraction from the fact the good citizens of Wareham are tired of their personal agenda. I know I voted on the merit of the article and those I spoke to before and after the meeting, did the same.  And yet, Bruce decided to spend MORE of our tax dollars to figure out a way to keep his agenda alive. I am still waiting for the other Selectmen to come out and comment (either way) on what Bruce was quoted as saying.

Here is an interesting thought....if Bruce truly cared about senior housing, he would have immediately started the process to explore any and all options to repair our existing senior housing and plan for future senior housing. Instead, he has delayed that attempt by hanging his hat again on Westfield. To add more insult to injury, he plans to continue with the current proposals and most likely, a consultant that (again) drains more of our tax dollars.  Pay attention seniors, this man isn't about senior housing, he is about Westfield. It is all or nothing...

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.....

#50 2009-10-29 22:52:13

" This man isn't about senior housing,he is about Westfield."   In jest I say, "Close, but no cigar!"   It's about money!  There has to be a Bobo, Bozo, Developer X  $$$$$ connection!   Bobo is trying to distract us from the increasingly obvious  Westfield $cam with his mythical Bay Pointe scenario.  As someone who grew up in a family of lobstermen, I have a high tolerance for smelly fish bait....But this Westfield  ploy has me holding my nose !  Make no mistake....Bobo is also in on this very $melly deal....

#51 2009-10-29 22:58:30

dick
having talked to a number of people from near and far they all say the same thing. who is being payed off or making money off this westfield deal . there is no way it is not a fix an someone is making some money off it. but not the town or its people as a whole.

#52 2009-10-29 23:01:39

Dick Wheeler wrote:

" This man isn't about senior housing,he is about Westfield."   In jest I say, "Close, but no cigar!"   It's about money!  There has to be a Bobo, Bozo, Developer X  $$$$$ connection!   Bobo is trying to distract us from the increasingly obvious  Westfield $cam with his mythical Bay Pointe scenario.  As someone who grew up in a family of lobstermen, I have a high tolerance for smelly fish bait....But this Westfield  ploy has me holding my nose !  Make no mistake....Bobo is also in on this very $melly deal....

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#53 2009-10-29 23:01:46

Dick Wheeler wrote:

There will be no resignations......These folks are in a different universe....A universe that  has them as the rulers of a  helpless populous.   We are, to them, as if the peasantry who fled other parts of the world and came to America.....rabble.

Rise up Wareham  !!

My great grandfather sent my grandfather to the Unites States of America from Poland at 17 years of age, never to see his parents again.  He was sent to live with two uncles.  My great grandfather did not want his son to fight for the Tzar (BOS) of Russia, who was beginning to take over their part of Poland.  My grandfather was not of peasantry,  more to upper class.  He became an American Citizen so that he could vote.  I understand about the Phoenix.  I am ready to rise.

#54 2009-10-29 23:32:23

Dick Wheeler wrote:

This must be family night.  You know, that I know, all about that smell myself, friend of my Dad.  Living closer to Westfield than you, the smell is ripe.  I said in a blog somewhere on this site today that when Westfield (Bruceborough) is completed, they will need on site management staff.  A job for Bruce to manage and a home and office job for Brenda.  How nice.  Do you think that Cronin took a break for a while because of that smelly fish bait?  Do you think he is trying to figure out how not to be implicated in what is going on behind the scenes.  Unfortunately, Jane believes him. Mr Cruz has had 40 years of construction experience.  Why doesn't he speak up?

#55 2009-10-29 23:41:20

The more stories i hear the more I see a reason to fight back when the American way is not carried out. One man one Vote. We are all here because our family had a bad time some where. Even Bruce’s family came over because of some kind of oppression. But soon we forget why our family came here. We can not forget why we are here or what this country stands for. We ha  are always saying I or my son or my daughter for to give you the right. We have not been  At war since WWII. Anyone who pays attention only congress can declare WAR and they have not done it since Pearl Harbor.We have had peace since then. 

#56 2009-10-31 14:14:09

Cara Winslow wrote:

Cara, hang on to that dream.  There's always a way. The one benefit that has grown out of  the BOS outrageous behavior and their squandering of tax dollars is the banding together of a large group of people in Wareham who share your dream and have a few of their own.  All those volunteers and generous donations will come pouring in. Now that the "bad guys" have our attention, let's show the world that we mean business.  I have no doubt that the "good guys" will help your dreams come true.

#57 2009-10-31 14:42:21

A Cape Verdean gentleman, older than myself, who has attended many past town meetings and  who was there this week, made it a point to drive to my house, knock on the door and ask if we could chat.
He is incensed by Robert Slager's article and the fact that Bruce S. called those who voted against Westfield "ugly people with black hearts" along with the notion that these articles are going on a ballot.
He looked me in the eye and said, "I guess Mr.Savageau was talking about me and MY heart and I am outraged by such a statement." This gentleman is very well connected to the community, has been for years, "used" to heavily support the Donahue's until this week, and said he's going to be doing a lot of talking to his friends. He was pretty upset.

#58 2009-10-31 17:03:38

Thanks Waterview, my first "real" jobout of college was working in a homeless shelter and I was responsible for helping people find apprpriae housing.
It is an issue near and dear to my heart. I do hope you are right!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com