#1 2009-10-27 22:58:39

We were apparently down for hours.

#2 2009-10-27 22:59:57

Rotten timing.

The folks performing a server upgrade screwed the pooch

Last edited by billw (2009-10-27 23:03:20)

#3 2009-10-27 23:05:20

Thanks Bill, I was wondering why I couldn't get the site at TM, and my Blackberry still won't let me sign in, call me when you have a minute :-)

#4 2009-10-27 23:05:44

Thanks Bill, you had me a little worried...
I think we were worried about nothing tonight at the end too..
Great to meet you finally.

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#5 2009-10-27 23:16:35

thanks bill. I was a little concerned as this is my main communication with you all.

#6 2009-10-27 23:35:38

I was a little worried about our host!  Glad all is well.

#7 2009-10-27 23:43:43

Thank you, Bill.    Your site has been the main force for us to defeat the pet projects of the selectmen and to approve the ones that needed to be won.  I honestly don't think we would have had the chance to grow in numbers if we didn't have your site to vent on and to connect with others. You are the greatest, Bill.     Thank you, again.

#8 2009-10-28 00:04:21

Bill,
Thank you for your site..period. None of what has happened would have been possible without you site.....next time, I'll buy you a drink!

#9 2009-10-28 00:24:35

Bill W. I was thinking about you as I left the happy...not gloating , but justifiably happy.. gathering at The Narrows (So many cars I had to park at the entrance to Cape Cod Shipbuilding !)...

A year ago you welcomed an angry rabble into your site and had the restraint to bite your tongue as they vented their wrath  unproductively , believing that they would eventually meld into a positive and  powerful force for change.  And they did. We're not  yet what we need to be to bring about the change that must happen...but there's no stopping us now....and you are the kind of behind the scenes player that history is apt to miss.  "We ain't gonna let that happen !"

Thank you Bill. Not enough people know how deep your Wareham roots are.......But I'd like to believe that out there in cyber-space-whatever ,  your ancestors are  cheering you on.

But in 'real' time.....  Let's hear it....THREE CHEERS FOR BILL W ! ! !

Now for another glass of that wonderful  thing they do with grapes...if you guessed  "raisins" you got it wrong.

#10 2009-10-28 00:35:36

Dick Wheeler wrote:

But in 'real' time.....  Let's hear it....THREE CHEERS FOR BILL W ! ! !

Now for another glass of that wonderful  thing they do with grapes...if you guessed  "raisins" you got it wrong.

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#11 2009-10-28 08:19:51

Bill...I think everyone panicked when your site was down.
There isn't any doubt without this site what took place at Town Meeting never would have happened. This site alone created a powerful political force that is at the time unstoppable. You are a crazy dude, but I love you.
Your family taught you the value of preserving the Town of Wareham and Onset and you have served them well. They would all be proud of you. You stepped up to the plate and didn't back down when most people would have. I hope this site stays on forever so that those who are disenfranchised will always have a voice.
I know you will hate this but: God Bless You!!
Everyone should buy this man a drink...or a steak..or a house...or something!!
Bill knows as I do that this isn't over. You still have loose cannons around with some elected officials and certain pseudo-newspaper reporters. Be careful. Celebrate, quietly and with dignity. The public support you generated is fragile. An old saying: "Reputation is like fine china...easily cracked and never well mended."
Don't get cocky like the assholes you just whipped. Be strong, be open to suggestion, be available, be respectful of others, especially the voters, and continue to improve the Town of Wareham for generations to come.
I love you all and I am so proud to have watched the Town Meeting again. I wish I was there, but, I'll be up for some fund raisers in the next few months, and I will be around you on this site and with PM's and e-mails. I am going to meet your new Selectman in a couple of days, Steve Holmes.
I am with you in spirit and in brotherhood.
Bill...thanks again.

#12 2009-10-28 23:27:02

I'm new to this but I like to say thank you for this site.  Keep up the work and lets keep the eye on the ball.  I know back to baseball, what can I say it works for me at the time.

#13 2009-10-28 23:53:52

Moles everywhere!!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com