#1 2009-10-26 23:11:46

None respect Wareham Town Meeting as a real voice of its people. Brenda attempts to dissolve TM when TM clearly speaks, Jane superimposes phoney financials to make Westfield look better, Marcia makes those who oppose the ill conceived Westfield project seem as if they oppose all seniors.
It ain't over til the fat lady sings. I hope everyone plans to be there Tuesday at 7. Please show these witches the real purpose of a broom. And let's start sweeping this coven away!
Tonight was a VERY GOOD TURNOUT that demonstrates the potential that  still exists in this town. Even better things should be expected in the future.

#2 2009-10-26 23:13:45

and adrea smith dont forget that hag who wanted a recount.

#3 2009-10-27 07:38:38

MARCIA NEEDS TO WAIT HER TURN AT THE MICROPHONE. SHE HAD ALREADY SPOKE TO THE ISSUE ONCE AND OTHERS ON THE OTHER SIDE WERE TRYING TO SPEAK FOR THE FIRST TIME. ALL I HEARD HER WAS HER COMPLAINING WHY THEY WERE SKIPPING OVER HER. YOU ALREADY HAD SPOKE! GIVE OTHERS A TURN! NO WONDER WHY YOUR STAFF QUIT

#4 2009-10-27 11:53:08

Marcia also referred to the report she made to the selectman in Feb. The report where she said there were 9,000 seniors living in Wareham which would be half the population. She also said that 75% of our seniors are living on or below the poverty level. I looked up the census numbers when she gave that report. It’s been awhile since I looked it up but I think it said we had 3600 seniors in town and 12 or 13% living at or below the poverty level. I think the number was 362 living at or below the poverty level. Detroit which is the poorest city in the US only has 15% of their seniors living at or below the poverty level how can our number be 75%. When Jane asked her a question about one of her charts she got all bent out of shape.  Pshooter maybe you could find that a copy of that selectman’s meeting.

#5 2009-10-27 12:03:39

marny wrote:

Pshooter maybe you could find that a copy of that selectman’s meeting.

Sorry Marny, not currently in the collection. "Shoot" me a reminder, and I'll try and come up with it, thanks.

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#6 2009-10-27 12:07:45

Is Marcia Griswold a town resident?

Only residents are allowed to speak.  If a non-voter, you must ask permission to address the body.

#7 2009-10-27 12:17:31

I think she did move to town after she got the COA job but I'm not 100%sure. If someone has the voter registration list they could look her up.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com