#2 2009-10-26 14:17:21

yeah lets bring ea fish to wareham.... NOT!!!!!!

#3 2010-02-08 20:40:59

Why bump this? WESTFIELD...Remember when the first RFP came back and there was only one bidder? (and they almost went with it) And then, they did a quickie RFP to get another one in under the wire for Fall TM? The lone bidder in the first one, and (perhaps) the leading proposal in the last one were both this Developer, EA Fish..

I caught this "piece" in Bobo's Rag..and the "stink" was a little too familiar. Bobo, Mr. Heaton/EA Fish?? Again?? Seems they have a pretty good thing working. No wonder everyone was so upset when Westfield/Article 2 failed. So upset, that they refused to recognize the will of the voter's attending and voting at TM..and upset enough to have the meeting dissolved. We haven't seen the last of "Westfield"..there's too much at stake..and if you ask me, this "Fish" has a suspicious odor.

*note..Ironic? the date of this original story is 10/26/09..the same day as TM.

Bobo wrote:

Both consultant Dick Heaton (H&H Associates/LLP Bolton) and Dana Angelo (senior project manager for developer EA Fish) attributed Little Neck’s successful progression through planning stages and assignment of funding to the overwhelming support given the proposal by Marion’s town government and residents, as well as congressman Barney Frank, state senator Marc Pacheco and Rep. Bill Strauss.

"This is very representative of a community getting behind an idea and making it happen," Angelo said.

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

#4 2010-02-09 09:42:12

Here are comments by the BoS from September '08 when they were discussing whether to bring Articles that failed back to the upcoming TM (Spring '09)..I found it interesting that Jane clearly felt that one major hurdle to getting it passed was the fact that once the BoS had the "deal"...TM voters had a problem that it wouldn't come back to TM for any vote..and that it would be in the BoS's hands. If this was clearly a problem, how come that wasn't changed in Article 2 at Fall '09 TM? There are many other issues with Westfield, and many of those were raised on Town Meeting floor. It is not Take Back Wareham's responsibility to come up with alternatives to Westfield. Stop trying to make it sound as if people aren't "for" affordable senior housing. The proposal had many problems. They were spelled out, you just chose to ignore them. Go back and read the threads posted on this site, or watch the Town Meeting. Say what you want, but the fact that Brucey, Brenda and the rest of the Board has chosen to consider voter's at TM "ugly people with black hearts" or "Assholes who vote once every five years" because they voted against their flawed proposal has served to delay (by years) senior's from having a suitable alternative. Listen to Cronie's suggestion to put it on the ballot..was this the seed to Brucey's choice to ignore the TM vote, and add it as a "non-binding" question on the ballot..which if he had his way would be "binding"?

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

#5 2010-02-09 11:37:02

Why do they want to do something contrary to the wishes of the people re: Westfield?
Why not concentrate on developing Westfiedl as it was intended..as a recreational use area. The Town can improve it, make bike paths, horse and walking trails, camping spots, operate small concessions to care for the needs of the visitors, both residents and tourists. It will be packed all of the time, and the Town will make money, and put people to work.
Also, Federal and State monies are available to help build and maintain the facilities.
These clowns have to stop thinking about ways to get around what the people want. Concentrate on elderly housing where it belongs...close to hospitals, medical centers, shopping, etc.
What could there possibly be about that these dumb asses don't understand?
Has anyone ever checked out Halifax and see what kind of Town it is?
Do they have any troubles?
Can they use a good man to help them out so he can leave Wareham with his group of lackeys and blind followers and go help the poor people of Halifax?

#6 2010-03-17 11:34:12

More on Fish..

The lawsuit, opened by some of the residents, accuses the condo's developer, Edward A. Fish of breach of contract, negligence and unfair business practices. The high-end condo project named Nautica is a $51 million, 117 unit complex which underwent construction in 2000. Fish contracted a construction company that he owned at the time to build the property, but now residents are suing for at least $3 million in damages

Luxury Condo Developer Sued For Millions in Damages

A tanking economy? A well organized group of citizen activists? Fear of responsible elected officials putting a halt to their ill-conceived proposal dubbed “Phenix Terrace”? Or perhaps an out-of-town developer experiencing a Capra-tinged, warm and fuzzy Yuletide moment?

We may never know exactly why Massachusetts-based developer E. A. Fish pulled the plug on its rather (un)ambitious 198 unit “moderate” income apartment complex...

Common Sense Grips Developer

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-03-17 22:23:57)

#7 2010-03-17 14:59:56

Closer to home, Edward Fish and Peabody Properties built Dana Farms in Fairhaven.  Ask residents there about quality control.

#8 2010-03-17 15:57:36

The Nautica lawsuit was filed at the end of 2008.  That isn't very long ago.  My concern after reading the article above, was their attitude.  I will quote the last paragraph.  "In their defense, Peobody Properties, the company owned by Mr. Fish appointed to oversee the construction, claim that the statute of limitations will DEBUNK most of the claims since the construction was completed more that 7 years ago."   

This is a 26 count lawsuit.  Have they no pride in their work and reputation?
I highly doubt that all their problems started in 2008.  It sounds to me that there where problems from day 2.  If they weren't fixed after a considerable amount of time, I also would have sued them.  We don't need sleezy contractors in Wareham.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com