#1 2009-10-26 09:04:14

SO THE KIDNAPPING SUSPECT WHO I GUESS IS A FAN OF THE OBSERVER TELEPHONED BOBO TO GIVE HIS SIDE OF THE STORY. WHAT STRIKES ME IS THAT BOBO TAKES THE WORD OF AN OBVIOUSLY DISTURBED COCAINE ADDICT AND ASSASINATES THE CHARACTER OF THE VICTIM. THATS RIGHT ATTACK THE VICTIM AND NOT GET HER SIDE OF THE STORY. IS THIS JOURNALISM?

Fernandes said he spotted a woman he knew had “partied” with him before.  “I run into this girl who I knew got high before. She was like “what’s, up girl?’ to me because I am a homosexual. She was asking what I was doing. She wanted to get off the 'E,' which means to get high.”

BOY IM SURE THE VICTIM WILL BE GLAD TO KNOW THAT BOBO SOUGHT FIT TO PRINT THIS. IM SURE A COCAINE ADDICT IN REHAB WOULDNT LIE

#2 2009-10-26 09:20:07

What strikes me as odd is how did this person contact Slager when he no longer has a local number that was associated it with his paper? Did he just happen to have Slager's home or cell number in his pocket? Hmmm, something fishy about this.

#3 2009-10-26 09:42:37

Yeah...I don't even know what to think about this one.  At this point, there's no way of knowing if the guy's story is true.  The guy's story is not impossible but Bobo could have, at the very least, added some balance to the story, giving the alleged victim's side as well.  There's two sides to every story and Bobo appears to be picking sides here.

The police investigation will no doubt determine whether the woman was in fact, just a shopper who was kidnapped or if she knew this guy and there was some kind of grudge over $50 as the guy claims to Bobo.  But Bobo should be leaving that up to the police, and for him to go with one side or the other, without at the very least giving the opposing side, seems risky and dangerous.  Let the police make their investigation before all kinds of speculation is printed.

I'm not sure, out of all the places you could appeal to for help, that you'd appeal to the Bobo rag?  There's a few puzzle pieces we don't know yet.

I just hope Bobo isn't being duped...he doesn't have a good track record for that.  Just ask Brucey.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-10-26 09:50:58)

#4 2009-10-26 11:57:11

Fairhaven kidnapping suspect apprehended in Attleboro
October 26, 2009 11:23 AM
Attleboro police arrested a Wareham man this morning who had been wanted for allegedly kidnapping a woman outside a Fairhaven Stop & Shop earlier this month.

Eugene Fernandes, 45, is expected to be arraigned today in Attleboro District Court, police said.

Fernandes will then be transferred to New Bedford District Court to face charges that include kidnapping, assault with a dangerous weapon, robbery and breaking and entering into a motor vehicle.

Fairhaven Police Detective Sgt. Michael Botelho said Fernandes was arrested without incident in Attleboro early this morning.

According to Fairahven police, on Oct. 15, Fernandes followed a woman to her car outside Stop & Shop on Huttleston Avenue, jumped inside her vehicle, indicated to her that he was armed and ordered her to drive to New Bedford.

After driving into New Bedford, the woman managed to flee the vehicle after stopping in a parking lot on Tallman Street, police said. The suspect then walked away, leaving the keys inside the vehicle, according to court records.

Fairhaven police detectives identified the suspect as Fernandes after viewing surveillance video from Stop & Shop, court records said.

Meanwhile, New Bedford police have also obtained a warrant charging Fernandes with an Oct. 14 robbery at Le Place Bar on Kenyon Street. Police said Fernandes and an unnamed accomplice assaulted the bartender around closing time, said they were armed and stole an undisclosed sum before fleeing.

Wareham police had also been searching for Fernandes for almost a month because he has several outstanding default warrants out of Wareham District Court for missing court hearings on shoplifting charges, court records said.

#5 2009-10-26 12:12:12

This story is so preposterous that I have to think it is Bobo just baiting us. If he really wants to be the center of attention (and we know he does) then what better way to insure you are the center of attention than to write something so outrageous we would have to respond! Then he can start to defend himself with his Bobo logic and the story will take on a life of its own. We need to ignore his stupidity and not take his bait. At this time remember there are only 9 or so people in the world that would believe this thing. If we ignore him he will go away.

#6 2009-10-26 12:24:24

BREAKING NEWS:  BOBO WAS DUPED!!!!!!

In last night's version of the story (saved if you need a copy, Bobo), Bobo printed that the suspect told him he was at "The Fuller Corporation Outreach Program in Boston" and planned to clean himself up off of drugs and planned to turn himself in to police on Thursday.  He told Bobo he just wanted to get clean before turning himself into police and going to court.

This morning, the police found the suspect in Attleboro.  Attleboro is nowhere near Boston, now is it?  Bobo's headline last night was that the suspect was going to "turn himself in on Thursday," today it is "Observer tip leads to arrest of Wareham kidnapping suspect."

Bobo backpeddling his spin bicycle faster than Lance Armstrong.

What can we deduce from this?  BOBO WAS DUPED!  REPEAT! BOBO WAS DUPED!

Bobo, how do you figure your "tip" helped police?  You printed that he was at a rehab in Boston.  Police found him in Attleboro.  Maybe he went to you because he could tell you're a big fat dupe and he could get you to tell the cops he was in Boston so they'd look around there for awhile and slow them down from looking for him in Attleboro?  (In the version yesterday, he said Fuller was in Boston, today he took the part about Fuller being in Boston out).

DUPE! DUPE! BOBO THE DUPE!  BOBO THE DUPE!  SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS!!!  BOBO IS A FAT DUPE!!!!!!

Move over Brucey, it looks like you have competition for your Dupe.

DUPE!!!!!!!

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-10-26 12:26:01)

#7 2009-10-26 12:28:43

And in the version yesteday, Bobo printed he told police the suspect told him he was at Fuller in Boston...Bobo duped into telling the cops the guy is in Boston and printing a story that the guy is in Boston while the guy is hiding out in Attleboro all along.

Ahhh, this is too funny.  BOBO THE DUPE!!! BOBO THE DUPE!!!!!!!

#8 2009-10-26 13:24:11

somewhat related story..

WAREHAM — Local police arrested two people Friday evening at Travelers Choice Inn for drug possession.

Christian Fernandes, 22, of 5 Camardo Dr...

same address as eugene fernandes........

#9 2009-10-26 13:54:44

Globe: Man to be arraigned in Fairhaven kidnapping

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-10-26 13:56:48)

#10 2009-10-26 14:49:59

Larry McDonald wrote:

What strikes me as odd is how did this person contact Slager when he no longer has a local number that was associated it with his paper? Did he just happen to have Slager's home or cell number in his pocket? Hmmm, something fishy about this.

Bobo made sure he mentioned that this guy was light in his loafers.  Maybe he had Bobo's number because they're on the same team.  One butt kisser vs another, although Bobo has claimed Brucey's sweet behind all for himself.  To that Bobo, I say, "You go girl"!

#11 2009-10-26 15:04:39

SLAGER A MAN OF THE PEOPLE ,I KNEW THE REPORTER WHO WORKED  THE ZODIAC KILLER STORY,  SHOULD I GET A PULITZER AWARD , HELL KNOW YOU NEED A BRAIN DUMB ASS, FERNADES SLAGER MAN OF THE YEAR OR IS SLAGER GOING TO NOMINATE HIMSELF FOR THE AWARD , SLAGER CRAP IN A HAT AND PULL IT OVER YOUR EARS, AND SAY I SLAGER IS A DUMB ASS. SLAGER YOU WERE DUPED.

#12 2009-10-26 17:03:00

Last edited by IHATESLAGER (2009-10-26 17:05:51)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com