#1 2009-10-16 14:05:42

quote from the bos horn blower.. shouldnt this info be given to the residents first in the claimed spirit of open and honest dialogue??????

"Interim Town Administrator John Sanguinet has been informed he is not one of the three finalists in the search for a permanent town administrator.
    According to Bruce Sauvageau, chairman of the Board of Selectmen, Sanguinet was told of the board’s decision on Thursday.
    “I wanted to personally discuss it with him,” Sauvageau said. “His comments regarding this decision should be left to him. He was very polite and very professional and understanding. Essentially the board felt it needed to go in a different direction. There have been a couple of very significant issues that weren’t being addressed by the interim town administrator. There seemed to be a lack of understanding regarding the goals of the Board of Selectmen for the Town of Wareham. We didn’t think we could achieve those goals without the executive officer’s full co-operation and full commitment. Things needed to get done that just weren’t getting done, and because of the Town Charter we need to rely on the executive officer to do those things.”"

#2 2009-10-16 14:42:10

????? The goals of the Board of Selectmen for the Town of Wareham? Since when does the Selectmen actually refer to the charter? I can't wait for the "tell-all" from Sanguinet. This should be a doozy.

#3 2009-10-16 15:23:20

Is he going back to being assistant TA? I think that job pays $80,000. He screws everything up for over a year and gets his old job back, not a bad deal.

Last edited by marny (2009-10-16 15:35:01)

#4 2009-10-16 15:28:50

Well, he is an excellent flunky, so it suits him!

#5 2009-10-16 16:34:43

He needs to leave along with two Selectmen.
The sooner the better!

#6 2009-10-16 17:26:57

LIZ,
you are precisely on target, any such decisions should be shared with the voters, taxpayers, citizens FIRST. THE PRAVDA WANNABE DOES NOT, AND SHOULD NOT COME FIRST. What is the matter with these BoS types? (a rhetorical question).

Did the Courier get this info at the same time? How about the S-T?

And more. If they revealed who is not a finalist, then who is? At this point in the process, it is the usual practice to announce the names and quals of the three individuals who have made it to this point. See: Town of Plymouth & many, many other communities in the Commonwealth.

And more: Are the three finalists to be interviewed in an open meeting? If so, when?

This is so very odd. It reinforces the point that the cozy relationship between Sweet Brucie et al and the harlot of Halifax is toxic to the fundamental relationship between the press and the government. Remember when the press was known for its adversial relationship with the governing entity? I do. the classic case, of course is Woodard & Bernstein of the Washington Post vs. the Nixon administration.

Who suffers from the ongoing symbiotic relationship between Sweet Brucie et al and the harlot of Halifax? You do. Every voter. Every citizen. Every taxpayer. Everybody.

Make it stop. Only you can peel that Remora fish away from the shark's mouth. Only you can spook that bird that plucks the bugs from the elephant's eyes. those are symbiotic relationships, found in nature, and good for both participants. This symbiotic relationship between Sweet Brucie et al and the harlot of Halifax, however good it is for the participants, is a friggin' disaster for everyone else.

Make it stop.

#7 2009-10-16 18:10:31

AFTER THIS TOWN DEBACLE THAT HE HAS CREATED, HE WONT BE QUALIFIED TO RUN A KIOSK AT THE LOCAL MALL.

#8 2009-10-16 19:26:31

notalawyer Bobo reports that the three will be interviewed at Tuesday’s selectman’s meeting

#9 2009-10-16 19:38:32

marny wrote:

Is he going back to being assistant TA? I think that job pays $80,000. He screws everything up for over a year and gets his old job back, not a bad deal.

NOT IN SYMPATHY FOR HIM!      Just noting that he NEVER should have been put in this position and for such a long period of time.  He was not qualified and the BOS knew this, but anything that went wrong can be blamed on his lack of knowledge - the scapegoat.  Of course, we will probably hear the BOS say that HE told them that he could do it.  Hiring a new TA should have been their top priority, so even if they try to blame everything that went wrong on the ITA, we know better.  He said - she said, endless.

If a Dr. was performing surgery and dropped dead, you don't call in the lady cleaning in the hallway to fill in.

#10 2009-10-16 20:01:13

LIZdaGNOME wrote:

There seemed to be a lack of understanding regarding the goals of the Board of Selectmen for the Town of Wareham. We didn’t think we could achieve those goals without the executive officer’s full co-operation and full commitment. "

So speaks the grand poobah Bruce.

NOTE TO THREE TA CANDIDATES TO BE INTERVIEWED: What this really means is if you don't do exactly as we tell you to do, you will get the boot---whereas, do you know who we are?

To those of you who missed the firing of John McAuliffe--Brenda read a long list of "whereas's" stating each thing he didn't do according to their decree and order. Deja vu all over again.

Whereas, I can't wait until April.

#11 2009-10-16 20:56:54

Even though Mr. Sanguinet has a contract that says he can return to his former postion for one year, I'm willing to wager that once the new TA is hired, he will be instructed to fire Mr. Sanguinet for all the things that the BOS are claiming are the reasons why he didn't make the final cut.
Then they can claim that "they" didn't fire him, the new TA did for lack of performance. Anyone wanna bet?

#12 2009-10-16 21:06:52

Hopefully and most likely against their better judgement, we end up with a TA that will see the wisdom of the masses!

#13 2009-10-16 21:40:00

I ALSO HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR THIS GUY. HE SOLD HIS SOUL TO KEEP HIS JOB. HE LET THE BOS TELL LIES ABOUT TOWN EMPLOYEES AND HE NEVER SPOKE UP TO CORRECT THOSE LIES. HE FIRED EMPLOYEES AT THE BID OF THE BOS EVEN THOUGH HE KNEW HE SHOULDNT. HE HAS RUINED PEOPLES LIVES SO HE COULD KEEP HIS OWN JOB. NO SIR NO SYMPATHY FROM ME!

#14 2009-10-16 22:13:07

Does anyone know who the thre finalists are or where they are from?

#15 2009-10-16 22:38:24

Of course we don't Cara. We have to watch the Halifax Hack report to see if Bruce will leak the information.

#17 2009-10-16 22:48:18

Curly in a landslide.

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#18 2009-10-21 21:53:38

Didn't I read somewhere that he pulled that from his budgeting process?  If he did then didn't he take himself right out of a job??

#19 2009-10-21 22:06:53

I believe they're proposing to restore the funds in the next budget balancing act in order to preserve his employment.  He was such a good little lackey.
Isn't is questionable though that the entire time he's been "acting/interim" (nearly a year and a half) that the operation didn't need an assistant yet now that we've got three finalists from which one will likely get appointed (with qualifications), we now need an assistant to the administrator.  I say take the $80,K+ and start paying back the employees for the health trust flub up.
Mr. ITA should have no problem finding a job with all his OJT as
Wareham's "manager".  He should be able to get at least five letters of recommendation.

#20 2009-10-21 22:14:13

During one of the tuesday night meetings while they were discussing the elimination of the library directors position, they made it quite clear that the "fall back on" job was there for him.  He seems to have caused quite a bit of instability amongst people working in town, now it seems his mission in coming to an end and he will be placed back in general population, that cant be a very comfortable feeling. I'm sure he is trying to find some new employment.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com