#1 2009-10-08 04:10:21

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbc … 015/TOWN14

Last edited by billw (2009-10-08 04:17:37)

#2 2009-10-08 07:13:41

wareham pride ty.. like anything else he rights its full of opinions and short on facts.. he bashes me for contacting the ST and COURIER but when larry g contacted him it was for the seniors.. slager and his double standards... and TBW is not a political group..

#3 2009-10-08 07:38:27

According to a former volunteer at COA (another "former", I wonder why?), Bobo is trying to obtain the names of all the receipients of the Meals on Wheels!..he says he will personally deliver a copy of that piece of shit to these folks!!..desperate people do desperate things..

#4 2009-10-08 07:48:52

OH MY HEAD. BOBO, "PLEASE READ MY PAPER, PLEASE." SO FOR SOMEONE WHO SAYS HE WILL NEVER WRITE ABOUT HATEBLOGGERS EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER AGAIN QUOTES HIS WHOLE LETTER FROM THIS WEBSITE. PATHETIC

#5 2009-10-08 08:10:23

The names and addresses of those who receive Meals on Wheels should be for that purpose only.  Isn't that a protected list???  Is he going to follow the van??

#6 2009-10-08 09:17:47

Liz McDonald, Larry's wife, then contacted Old Colony Elderly Services personally. She admitted this on the Web site. She claims she was simply trying to get other papers delivered to local seniors. I was not privy to the conversation, so I cannot comment on what was spoken. But I do wonder why she felt the need to act as a uninvited surrogate between the Courier, The Standard-Times and Old Colony Elderly Services (which is ultimately responsible for the Meals on Wheels program).

If your local Cumberland Farms, or whatever, was supplementing under-nourished children's meals by giving away free Snickers Bars, and you knew about a restaurant that had a hundred or so "extra" well balanced meals, they tossed away at the end of each night (and for whatever reason, weren't donating the "extra" to the needy children), and you decide to be proactive, and attempt to facilitate the children acquiring said "well balanced" meals, would that be considered a bad thing? One side seems to think so. Nobody knew the "children's" parents would pull the plug, and decide what they were getting was enough, or that they were unaware of them getting the Snickers Bars in the first place. If Cumberland Farms, or whatever, doesn't understand why the parents chose to stop this unknown practice, or respect their authority to do so, they are missing the point. Thank you Liz, for attempting to get them some "balanced meals".

If you like that ananlogy, I got one about how Bill's site is like the only Mercedes in Town, and he's decided to slap "controversial" bumper stickers all over it. It's his car, but the town folk don't approve. They can think what they like. I say "Thanks for the ride, hop in"

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-10-08 09:24:15)

#7 2009-10-08 09:20:12

That would be a major violation if "someone" provides him the names and addresses. I'm sure our competent staff at the COA are fully aware of that.

As much as I would like to sit here and pick apart his "copy" of what was printed in his limited circulation paper, it isn't worth my time. Facts are facts. He is so desperate to shine the light on himself, he is grasping at straws and re-telling lies. In the end, he is a non-issue. I feel sorry for the people who read his nonsense and believe him. Of course, if they want to ask me questions, they are welcome to send me a private message and I will address their questions.

This is not hypothetical, this is real (couldn't resist) :)

#8 2009-10-08 09:39:45

Well, one more...that you won't read in Slager's opinions (not facts). A certain director of COA for Wareham wrote a letter to Old Colony asking about delivering other newspapers and was told that NO newspapers are to be delivered with MOW. This has been a policy (not just created recently). Hmm, there is more...but you won't read it in Bobo the Clowns Spin report :)

Enough said.

#9 2009-10-08 09:45:50

I guess Bobo is worried no one reads his paper so now he prints all of his responses in the Courier and the Standard Times.  And who can blame him?  Being a letter to the editor writer is probably the only way Bobo's writing will ever make it into a real newspaper ever again.

Here's the funny thing.  If Old Colony Elder Services decided to stop putting out the rag with the meals, then it must be illegal to give out rags with meals.  Why is Bobo complaining that something that was illegal was stopped?

Bobo, do something productive.  Stop trying to track down people who sign up for Meals on Wheels to give them your pro-selectmen pitch. Stop painting these people out as "shut ins who live for the rag and have nothing else to look forward to in life but to read your Brucey butt kissing columns."  Why don't you announce a senior newspaper program, any senior that wants one can ask you for it.  Oh right, because they probably wouldn't go out of their way to ask for a trash rag.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-10-08 09:52:46)

#10 2009-10-08 09:51:34

If anyone, anyone at all supplies the list of names to Mr. Slager, it violates the privacy laws. Mr. Slager should know that. Meals on Wheels is a publicly funded function through the Old Colony Elderly Services. Some recipients qualify by virtue of low income and are on SSI or some sort of assistance. Public service agencies cannot provide any information whatsoever about their client list. Should Larry Gaines, provide any information to Mr. Slager, based on his deliveries and his knowing the addresses of where he delivers, he would also be violating the law by divulging who is receiving meals.

Mr. Slager cries foul that the delivery of his newspapers was a political move. Mr Slager knows full well and understands completely that there was no politics behind this.He touts his knowledge about people using public monies for private gain all the time. The Meals on Wheels driver and van can only be used for one thing and one thing only. To deliver meals. Nothing else.
Using a delivery van whose registration and insurance comes from public funding, using a driver who may or may not be a volunteer but is delivering food under a federal or state funded program, is against the law. Its funding is only to deliver meals.

He consistently points out abuse of publicly funded entities and then feels it's okay for him to abuse the publicly funded Meals on Wheels himself. Shame, shame.

If Mr. Slager wants to get his papers to the elderly shut ins, then let him advertise that they can contact him with their names and address and he'll deliver the paper free of charge. Maybe "not a lawyer" can address this but I believe Mr. Slager needs their permission to deliver a paper. He can't just drop one off unsolicited unless he is delivering  a newspaper free of charge to the entire town.

Last edited by Maturevoter (2009-10-08 10:01:52)

#11 2009-10-08 09:53:36

he slager could run a ad on local cable THATS WAREHAM LOCAL NOT HALIFAX, they could call his business line  A HALIFAX # NOT WAREHAM, they could fax him a request HALIFAX FAX # NOT WAREHAM..

you get my point....

slager make sure you give me credit for these ideas and dont try to pass them off as your own..

Last edited by LIZdaGNOME (2009-10-08 09:55:45)

#12 2009-10-08 10:02:16

Let's all realize that Bobo the Clown is just looking for us to talk about him. Let him go...he is reduced to writing letters to the editor. Imagine how demeaing that must be to know your own paper has such a small circulation you have to write another newspaper? 

Big and better things are in the works!

#13 2009-10-08 10:09:39

Larry McDonald wrote:

Imagine how demeaing that must be to know your own paper has such a small circulation you have to write another newspaper?

Very demeaning.  Most newspaper editors/reporters, if they feel they need to respond something, will do it in their own paper, confident that their paper has enough of a circulation that the word of their response will get out.  Bobo, on the other hand, apparently isn't that confident.

In a related story, Paul Shooter also tried to write a letter to the editor to the Standard Times, but it was very chilly today and Bobo needed to put him on his foot.

http://www.thriftyfun.com/images/articles11/sockpuppet300x386.jpg

"Boy, it stinks down here!" said Mr. Shooter.  "And why is Bobo wearing a crap friggin edit pink sock?"

#14 2009-10-08 10:15:49

Ham,
If you put a pencil in the sock puppet's mouth, that would be Shooter with his baseball bat???? I just can't get enough of Paul Shooter....he is the best muppet puppet there is!  Hypothetically, of course !!!

#15 2009-10-08 10:23:31

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#16 2009-10-08 11:24:51

Liz McDonald, Larry's wife, then contacted Old Colony Elderly Services personally. She admitted this on the Web site. She claims she was simply trying to get other papers delivered to local seniors. I was not privy to the conversation, so I cannot comment on what was spoken. But I do wonder why she felt the need to act as a uninvited surrogate between the Courier, The Standard-Times and Old Colony Elderly Services (which is ultimately responsible for the Meals on Wheels program).

Actually, we had a group of people engaged with both papers. IN the appropriate manner (which it appears didn't happen with Larry Gaines), Old Colony was contacted. If you are going to discuss facts, please have facts and not opinions. :)

#17 2009-10-08 11:32:15

The bottomline is that if there was nothing wrong in handing out political newsletters masquerading as newspapers out with free lunches, then Old Colony would not have pulled the plug on it.  Since they pulled the plug on it, passing the rags out with the lunchs was illegal.  Bobo was breaking the law for a long time then and is now pissed that he can't continue to break the law.  Why else would Old Colony pull the plug?

Bobo, start a free paper program for seniors.  Any poor senior who wants one can write you and you send them one.  There you go.  Problem solved.

#18 2009-10-08 11:38:51

Hamatron5000 wrote:

Bobo, start a free paper program for seniors.  Any poor senior who wants one can write you and you send them one.  There you go.  Problem solved.

ham exactly my point that i made earlier.... slager just notes i said it before him so he doesnt take the credit for "saving the newspapers".

#19 2009-10-08 11:39:58

It would certainly stop him from parking illegally at the multi-service center to deliver his smut!

#20 2009-10-08 11:58:02

The President, Vice-President, Publisher and Co-Owner of Ragserver Multi-Mega Media parked illegally?  The hell you say!

#21 2009-10-08 18:02:54

Rip Dinkle here...(que the music Hamm)

This is from the You have to be kidding me files

A certain someone has been calling the staff at the COA asking for contact information for Meals on Wheels clients. This person wants to get in touch with the clients and ask them to request a certain newspaper.

I had so much more to say, but I think that statement speaks for itself. God help this person and I hope this person gets what they deserve.

Rip Dinkle.....disgusted......sick over the levels people will stoop to......Over and out.

Last edited by Rip Dinkle (2009-10-08 18:03:30)

#22 2009-10-08 23:41:28

I have recently found out the truth about The Senior Beacon's page 4 article.

SENIOR HOUSING AT TOWN MEETING is the article I speak of.  I was very upset last week, along with many of our posters, that this article was totally
one sided.  It told it's senior readers that it was critical to vote yes on this article.

We all suspected that Liz Pezzoli wrote that article and myself included lambasted her for unethical and possibly illegal journalism.

DanO knows where my info comes from and we would like to keep this persons name private.  Apparently, a man (this person did not remember his name) showed this to Liz and she told him that he could not publish that article as it was written.  She warned him of the trouble he could be getting himself into, but he submitted it to be printed.  There are four male names on the Board of Directors.  From the way Liz spoke to my friend about him, he does what he wants to do at the COA.  To me, this sounds like one Larry Gaines, but I will not lambast him until I know for sure that he did this.

I am sorry for assuming it was Liz.

#23 2009-10-09 02:20:11

Life is too short to waste time on petty arguments, and I am only going to state this once.   I respect your desire to protect  Liz---everyone should have such a loyal friend.   However your anonymous informant describes a mystery man who wrote the Westfield article and FORCED Liz to include it in THE BEACON over  Liz ‘s  emphatic protests.  I think that defensive spin is called  “THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT.”  That  simply did not happen!!!!

#24 2009-10-09 08:25:00

Gatemen, I agree, the Cat Lady has been using the "the Devil Made Me Do it" excuse for too long. 

Rip, I wonder if that individual enjoys bagels?  I wonder why said individual just doesn't print a notice that says, "Hello Seniors, I have 100 free copies to hand out, please write me if you are a poor senior that needs one and I'll send you one.  First come, first serve, poor seniors only."

Said individual probably doesnt want to put his ego in jeopardy when throngs of seniors don't start knocking on his door.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-10-09 08:25:40)

#25 2009-10-09 08:38:17

Hamatron5000 wrote:

I wonder why said individual just doesn't print a notice that says, "Hello Seniors, I have 100 free copies to hand out, please write me if you are a poor senior that needs one and I'll send you one.  First come, first serve, poor seniors only."

Can I take a guess at this? Please? Please? (Raising my hand really high)

Because no one reads his newspaper?

#26 2009-10-09 08:51:40

I have been waffling on this since Rip's report came out....but what the heck...

I would like to say I am angry, but I just can't lie. I'm not angry that a certain person attempts to circumvent privacy laws to accomplish a political goal and create the impression that he is important in the lives of others. I would like to BE angry at another bozo for attempting to influence seniors through misdirection, but I just can't muster up the anger.

These individuals are scam artists. They present themselves as serving a group of citizens out of the goodness of their hearts, but it's just a front. It's all about the glorification and politics. You can't be angry at them because they didn't get enough attention as a child or followed the leader instead of leading the followers. They can't help being who they are.

Our seniors citizens are smart and seek out the truth. How do I know this? I have communicated with some of the seniors who questioned what was written and wanted to know the truth. Those good people will tell a friend, who will tell a friend, etc.....(you get the idea)

So, to those foolish people who think they are above the law and think they can get away with anything, Surprise! The same people you are trying to hoodwink are on to your scam :)

Last edited by Larry McDonald (2009-10-09 08:52:21)

#27 2009-10-09 10:47:24

Bobo… Since I know you read this blog I would like to share some information with you. You say you will get the names and addresses of the MOW clients by whatever legal means you can find.  Since the names and address’s are confidential the only LEGAL way for you to get the names and addresses is if you call Old Colony and ask them for the names.  It is NOT legal for anyone at the COA or anyone who delivers MOW to give that information, it is a SERIOUS, SERIOUS breach of confidentiality. If what someone said is true and you are calling the COA trying to get this confidential information I would think it is Marcia job to report this to Old Colony. If Marcia does not report this request to Old Colony she is not doing her job. So Bobo in conclusion you should only have to make ONE phone call to get the answer to your question. All you have to do is to call Old Colony and ask them for the names.

#28 2009-10-09 11:14:12

Two people you can't fool: the very young and the very old.
The very young see through you because they have no prejudice not to...the very old see through you because they have seen it and done it.
Let's hope Town Meeting is filed with people who know the truth and will act on it, since they still have the right to do so.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com