#1 2009-09-25 09:12:01

Hello Bloggers,

I have always thought that actions speak louder than words, and in the case of Bobo's latest rantings, I feel you can tell whether a person respects the elderly based not on whether they pay lip service to respecting the elderly, but how they treat the elderly people in their own lives.  If you're kind to the old folks in your own life, that's the best indicator of how you feel about the elderly, in my opinion.

So, to clear you bloggers of these crazy charges that you all don't like the elderly, I have devised a hypothetical test for you to take.  I'll pose to you a few hypothetical scenarios, and you all give your answer of what you would do in these situations.  The test will show whether you are kind or mean to the elderly.

(Of course, this is just a hypothetical situation).

QUESTION 1:  An elderly beret wearing cat enthusiast places a great deal of misguided trust in you, to the point that she ignores advice from throngs of people who tell her that going into business with you is a bad idea because you'll just screw her over.

Do you...

a) Prove to her that her trust was a good idea by treating her with dignity and respect.

b) Prove all the critics were right by giving her ass the heave-ho in favor of a mysterious deep-pocketed Californian's fat bankroll, then proceed to be a hypocrite and write tirades about the greed of evil rich people.

QUESTION 2:  A year later, you learn that the same elderly cat enthusiast, now without the paper she founded to rely on, is in such dire financial straits that she must now work for the rest of her life in a charity senior work program well into her advanced age.

Do you...

a)  Send her a percentage of your revenues to help her out, because after all, she's the reason why you're in business in the first place.

b)  Say, "Screw it, the 50 watt light bulb severance package I gave the old bag is good enough."

Question 3:  You're another elderly lady and you learn the founder of the paper you work for was given the heave-ho under mysterious circumstances.

Do you...

a) Not do another ounce of work for the man until the old cat enthusiast is treated with respect.

b) Take a lesson from the cat enthusiast's mistake and keep your mouth shut and do whatever the man says if you want to keep your job.

RESULTS:  If you answered a to all of these questions, then congratulations!  You care for and respect the elderly!  If you answered b to any of these questions, better get yourself to an elderly sensitivity training course!

#2 2009-09-25 09:17:04

Lighters and cell phones please! Encore!

#3 2009-09-25 09:27:53

ON A SERIOUS NOTE.. steve holmes has been in contact with larry g for a couple of weeks to see if the food drive we are doing columbus day w/e can also be to help the coa with the personal needs request he made to the residents of wareham at a bos meeting a few weeks ago.. so no we are not haters of the elderly we are in fact trying to get them more new publications ALONG with slagers paper and help out with thier needs..

#4 2009-09-25 10:10:01

How about "bumping" that wonderful image of the thong wearing EP in the tubby so all of us can be reminded of the respect we have for our seniors...

"Actions speak louder than words" but... "a picture is worth a 1000 words"

#5 2009-09-25 10:24:43

Yes they do! Taking a handicap parking space that would have been better served for a senior that had a permit is certainly speaking loud!  Preying on the shut-ins through political flyers is an action that speaks louder than words :)

#6 2009-09-25 10:37:53

Surprisingly enough, I am in agreement on both points...

Well, only sort of on HP issue...I agree that to legally park, you need to get a temporary permit...but most facilities do give verbal permission for the use of the temporarily handicapped...had a friend just go through the same thing...I guess it's only a big deal if your name is Bruce...

But that flyer thing...

#7 2009-09-25 10:45:02

If you are going to be an elected official, you are a public figure and most likely to be an example of. I don't buy your story about facilities giving temporary handicapped. You would think a law student would know the law and abide by it, wouldn't you? It's a big deal even if your name isn't Bruce.

#8 2009-09-25 10:51:38

Ms. Lilly, Ms. Lilly, How are you today?

You disagree with their actions (sometimes), but disagree with us more. You sound like Paul Shooter. Are you Paul Shooter?

Brucie was WRONG to park there, the end. Stop justifying their actions. There are probably far worse things he does that never come to light. And, that should be of concern to all of us.

Let's get a cup of joe.

PShooter

#9 2009-09-25 10:57:44

I get all that...and you don't have to "buy my story"...just saying that a friend of mine was given the same type of permission at a local facility for a very similar situation only a couple of months ago...

#10 2009-09-25 11:04:31

I'm not saying it didn't happen. What I'm saying is there are legitimate ways of doing it, and that is the law. Period.

#11 2009-09-25 11:13:44

As some of you know, I have recently had both of my knees replaced by the VA. The left one is screwed up and must be done again.
I use a cane on occasions that I have to walk any fair distance. My Doctor wanted to give me a handicapped sticker, which I am entitled by law to receive.
I turned it down.
Why?
Because I can walk a few extra feet to go into a store.
The guy that is attempting to remove himself from his vehicle, get his wheelchair and maneuvers into it, and struggles to get up the ramp...he's the one that deserves the Handicapped Parking Sticker.
How presumptuous of anyone to pull that crap.

#12 2009-09-25 11:18:08

Larry McDonald wrote:

If you are going to be an elected official, you are a public figure and most likely to be an example of. I don't buy your story about facilities giving temporary handicapped. You would think a law student would know the law and abide by it, wouldn't you? It's a big deal even if your name isn't Bruce.

You would think a law school dean would know about the handicapped parking law. Oh right, it's not an accredited law school, so maybe they need to be informed. Verbal permission just doesn't cut it. If that was the case, we could all park in HP spots and when caught say, but I got verbal permission from the god of parking lots.

No one is above the law. Do you know who I am? the man on crutches said to the judge. I don't give a rat's *** who you are. You broke the law said the judge. Off with his head. I mean, pay the fine and pay your taxes. An elected official should set the standard for the citizens he represents.

And while your at it said the judge, stop pontificating at your bos meetings as though you are squeaky clean. The hypocrisy is giving me a head ache. Oh my head cried the judge.

Sorry folks, but it IS Friday.

#13 2009-09-25 11:44:03

Ms Lilly,

I see you're still ordering scotch and soda, hold the soda.

That was a nice attempt at deflection, but let's be honest here.  If the Cat Lady were to be granted one wish by a magic genie in a lamp, do you think she'd wish to get rid of the picture of her getting a kitty scrubbing or do you think she'd wish to have her paper back so she didn't have to work through a senior charity program until she's 105?

Hey, by the way, you say you care about the rag.  You say you care about seniors.  Why didn't you or any of your pals ever tell the Ragman, "Hey, Ragman, we're not going to give you any more support until you start treating the old lady that started this paper right."

Why didn't you ever do that?  Oh, right, because it would interfere with whatever personal agenda you have.  Yes, you guys care about seniors, and everyone else as long as you have a use for them.  When they're all used up, it's off you go, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Ms Lilly, you could always take up a collection and donate to help the elderly founder of the paper you love out, since you care about seniors.  When will you and your buddies be doing that, since you all care about seniors so much?

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-09-25 11:44:34)

#14 2009-09-25 23:38:46

MsLilly wrote:

Surprisingly enough, I am in agreement on both points...

Well, only sort of on HP issue...I agree that to legally park, you need to get a temporary permit...but most facilities do give verbal permission for the use of the temporarily handicapped...had a friend just go through the same thing...I guess it's only a big deal if your name is Bruce...

But that flyer thing...

So sorry, MsLilly.  YOU ARE WRONG.  To legally park in a handicapped designated spot, you MUST have a placard or plate stating handicapped on it, and you can only get these from the RMV.  This is a FEDERAL law.  When you apply for your placard, you get a letter telling you that they are reviewing your case.  You get a letter if you have been denied.  You get a letter and your placard when your request  is accepted.  Temporary permits are almost NEVER given for a knee surgery that will have a determined amount of recuperating time.  Tell me the "most facilities" that do give verbal permission for the use of the temporarily handicapped and I will report those facilities to the REGISTRY OF MOTOR VEHICLES and to the Attorney General's office, Department of the Disabled.  My next move would be to Federal level under Discrimination of the Handicapped/Disabled.  Your FRIEND should have been given a ticket, which is $75.00.  The people with placards had to wait for extended amounts of time before receiving theirs and this meant they couldn't park in those spots, even though they were suffering.    I don't care if your name is BRUCE or OBAMA.  It is against the law to park in a handicapped spot without a plate or placard.   THIS FEDERAL LAW SAYS "PARKING FOR HANDICAPPED ONLY".  IT DOES NOT SAY "PARKING FOR HANDICAPPED ONLY - UNLESS YOU ARE ON CRUTCHES FOR 5 WEEKS OR YOU BROKE YOUR TOE AND IT HURTS TO WALK".  AND, yes I do sound angry.   I know about Bruce and I have put you in his catagory as far as your almost flippant and arrogant, "oh, it's not a big thing" attitude.  I hope you NEVER have the need of a placard, but if you do, you will probably be the one to yell the loudest if a parking injustice occurs.

#15 2009-09-26 00:20:13

BOW...I agreed with you..."to legally park, you need to get a temporary permit"...and yes, if you don't have a permit, you should get a ticket...

Perhaps I should have been clearer in my example...the facility I was referring to was a college campus...I believe the lots at the campuses are monitored by campus security...when my friend received permission to park temporarily park  in an area usually designated for HP parking, the person in charge notified campus security so that my friend would not be ticketed.

I wasn't trying to say it wasn't illegal to do...just that I've known others who have done it and gotten permission to do so...

#16 2009-09-26 07:30:47

Two wrongs do not make a right. Simple logic and simple morality.

Bruce was wrong. Get over it. He's not a god. Do you know who he is? He thinks he is above the law.

Maybe he's been sitting next to Jane too long. Remember at town meeting when she said the DOR told her it was illegal but that they don't go after people? So she convinced the majority of people to vote to use CPC money to pay off the swift's beach (brucie) debacle.  Do you know who she is?  She thinks she is above the law.

I recently heard of another law breaking activity that involved the entire bos and ita. But that person asked me not to say anything. Do you know who they are? They think they are above the law.

#17 2009-09-26 08:54:39

Molly wrote:

Bruce was wrong. Get over it. He's not a god.

Molly, you're talking to people who think that Sweet Brucie shouldn't have to pay his taxes and should get to drive around on a suspended license.  I'll never understand this Brucie-worship.

#18 2009-09-26 09:11:55

I 've just popped in, having left the "biotch" thread in disgust.....and... Oh my head !! Ms Lilly is playing her "distort and frustrate" game here, too!!!

Go home, Lilly-cakes, go home!( Isn't this when we used to say, "Go tell your mother  she wants you" ?)

#19 2009-09-26 09:59:47

Dick...I would love to see you run for Selectman.
I know you think you are too old, but, Selectman? You're younger than most people I know regardless of physical age.
I was the youngest Selectman ever elected...how about you being the oldest?

#20 2009-09-26 10:53:09

MsLilly wrote:

How about "bumping" that wonderful image of the thong wearing EP in the tubby so all of us can be reminded of the respect we have for our senior"

Anything for you msLilly..And people whether considered elderly or youthful, need to earn respect.
https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/467_cheesecake2.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#21 2009-09-26 11:14:30

Hi Dan:  Thanks ....You've just reminded me of my favorite, "Why Geezers Shouldn't Run For Office"
story:

A  79 year old geezer(by coincidence my age) is being interviewed by a journalist working on an article on Aging:

"Could you tell me, sir, if you have been frustrated by any of the problems commonly associated with the aging process?"

The reply: "Well not really, although my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be, and I'll tell  you something else.....My memory isn't as sharp as it used to be."

#22 2009-09-26 11:23:53

Just because you can remember that means you have passed the test...you old geezer.
I'd rather have an old geezer with some background and experience in life and business in office, that can teach us all about history and how to avoid repeating it, than some punk ass that doesn't know is ass from a hole in the ground.
Just my opinion, of course.

#23 2009-09-26 12:20:22

Mixie wrote:

MsLilly wrote:

How about "bumping" that wonderful image of the thong wearing EP in the tubby so all of us can be reminded of the respect we have for our seniors"

Anything for you msLilly..And people whether considered elderly or youthful, need to earn respect.
https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploa … ecake2.jpg

Earning respect one image at a time...thanks Mixie...

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#24 2009-09-26 12:44:12

Moles!!!

#25 2009-09-26 12:58:18

Ms Lilly,

Actions speak louder than words, so let us know when you and your pals will be starting a charity to benefit the elderly founder of the paper you love so much.  She needs the help, now that she has a light bulb where her paper used to be. When will you all be starting this charity? Oh wait, you won't because you all only help people when they're useful to you.  I forgot.

Oh well, maybe the Cat Lady can just send the electric company a light bulb in the mail, see if they accept that as payment.

#26 2009-09-26 13:05:03

Check out the right"cheek" of The Tub Lady:

We've got ourselves an actual photograph of the legendary Mole With A Mole !

#27 2009-09-26 13:05:57

Get the chewing gum!!

#28 2009-09-26 14:29:36

MsLilly wrote:

BOW...I agreed with you..."to legally park, you need to get a temporary permit"...and yes, if you don't have a permit, you should get a ticket...

Perhaps I should have been clearer in my example...the facility I was referring to was a college campus...I believe the lots at the campuses are monitored by campus security...when my friend received permission to park temporarily park  in an area usually designated for HP parking, the person in charge notified campus security so that my friend would not be ticketed.

I wasn't trying to say it wasn't illegal to do...just that I've known others who have done it and gotten permission to do so...

As I said, temporary permits are almost NEVER issued by the RMV, so don't go there with the "temporary bit".  The college campus and their security does not have the right to give permission to   A-N-Y-O-N-E  to park temporarily in a handicapped parking spot.   Campus security are trained as police officers and should NEVER have allowed this to take place.  Your  post sounded like you knew of  other places, more than one place.  So, it's just the college campus and not what you said of most places?  So, how many others do you know who have done it, with illegal permission?  I would love to report them - the "places".

#29 2009-09-26 14:56:03

Born of...you are wasting your time.
Moles.
Roaches.

#30 2009-09-26 15:48:14

bornofwareham wrote:

The college campus and their security does not have the right to give permission to   A-N-Y-O-N-E  to park temporarily in a handicapped parking spot.   Campus security are trained as police officers and should NEVER have allowed this to take place.

This is copied directly from CCCC's website re: parking policy...

Students requiring temporary use of handicapped parking privileges must obtain permits from the O'Neill Center for Disability Services located in the South Building Room 222.  ext. 4337.

I believe this is the same type of permission B-r-u-c-e received as well as my f-r-i-e-n-d I mentioned...

I have already admitted I should have been clearer with my example...I will apologize again...To be perfectly honest with you, I don't really give a crap where Bruce or anyone else parks for that matter...isn't there anything more productive we can argue about? Yes, people without HP cards shouldn't park in HP spots...until they receive their temporary permission to do so...

#31 2009-09-26 15:59:18

i dont think that campu rules can trump state or federal rules.. i am thinking this is so CAMPUS police dont ticket you if you have permission but if a dartmouth or barnstable cop came on to campus i would suspect they could ticket you...

true slager style to leave out certain parts so the story appears different than it is....classic..

#32 2009-09-26 16:11:26

Ms Lilly, please, you really expect us to believe you have a friend?

#33 2009-09-26 16:34:27

Hamatron5000 wrote:

Ms Lilly, please, you really expect us to believe you have a friend?

Ham,

I know it's warped but....bah hah hah hah hah hah ...

#34 2009-09-26 16:52:12

MOLES!!
MOLES all around.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com