#1 2009-09-24 15:28:11

Most of you as normal intelligent human beings have been aware of how quickly the misinformation about the health care proposal spread. Imagine sane people thinking the president and supporters of his health bill would actually allow the government to decide when to pull the plug on our elderly. It is too absurd to even begin to think it is true, and in fact, there is no such proposal. Yet so many people believe it. Just watch those crazy town hall meetings and see the ranting and raving.

The same thing is happening with the "outrage" over the simple question asked of the Meals on Wheels director if other free newspapers could also be given away. We have heard what happened from the person who actually made the call.  I just reread the postings on this site and no one ever said to stop the rag from being delivered as long as the seniors were given an actual "news" paper to go along with the rag.

Yet---ragboy, Andrea, Ms. Lilly, Larry Gaines etc. are screaming bloody murder over this. How silly they sound to those of us who know the truth. I think they actually believe people on this site are trying to deprive the meal wheelers from getting the rag. Lack of knowledge can be a dangerous thing. And when you make accusations that are false, you lose credibility. Of course, in my opinion, all of the above lost credibility long ago.

I think it's time to pull the plug on reading the rag. This issue is taking us away from the important business of returning Wareham to what it once was--a peaceful town without rancor, bullying, vendettas, and so forth. So please fellow bloggers, let it go. Stop being obsessed about the rag. You KNOW whatever you say will be twisted and that some people will actually believe the lies. It has happened too many times to count. It is a diversionary tactic and it is used to taint the good works of their opponents.

We are wasting valuable time when we should be working together to Take Back Wareham.

#2 2009-09-24 16:08:24

The original post from yesterday regarding the Meals on Wheels delivery of the Observer...

"Larry McDonald
I want to address this and see what we can do to either put a stop to it or make it a better situation."

The key phrase being "what we can do to either put a stop to it"...if you truly cared about doing something nice for our seniors, why wouldn't you have attempted to just get them free copies of the other papers?  The way it is stated, that option is only an afterthought to be considered if some legal loophole, with was discussed further down the thread, wouldn't be successful in stopping the delivery of the Observer altogether...if you can't beat'em join'em?...

Larry, I will take your word for it when you say you were contacted and asked if you could get "a better paper for their parents"...but what does that have to do with trying to get the delivery of the Observer stopped?  Who wouldn't want their loved ones getting as much "free stuff" as possible, never mind giving them access to as many viewpoints as possible...if they don't want to read the Observer (which I doubt...it's already been stated how much our seniors love the printed press), then let them use it for kitty liner...but they should be allowed to make the choice for themselves...

#3 2009-09-24 16:10:20

Molly...I am with you.
I will be available to monitor the site for those who ask me directly through e-mail or PM.
Other than that...I'm done.
I don't need the aggravation.
I am spending lots of time with many of you through e-mail, PMs' and phone calls.
I don't want to be distracted by nonsensical statements and alleged news stories.
I'm done.
You and me, Molly!!!

#4 2009-09-24 16:19:32

MsLilly wrote:

then let them use it for kitty liner...but they should be allowed to make the choice for themselves...

You jumped threads on me. I wanted to quote the one thing we seem to agree on. What's your take on the job the Charter Review has been doing?

PShooter

#5 2009-09-24 16:27:10

Night at the Walton's in Halifax:
Good night Bob boy.
Goodnight Paul Boy.
Good night Lilly.
Good night Angel.
Good night James.
Good night everyone.
Bless us all!
Oh, yeah...does anyone smell something? It smells like RAID!!!!!

#6 2009-09-24 17:36:04

Molly,

I couldn't agree with you more. Since August 1, I have refused to log on to the rag's web site, or touch a physical copy of his tripe.

But, there is so much in the way of response from this site to the crap in the Pravda clone, I might as well be reading it.

And there's the rub. Is it better to ignore the sycophantic screed and its hateful rhetoric? or is it better to have a 'truth squad', as it were, to correct and/or rebut the nonsense?

Tough call. Being a libra, I can see both sides of this debate.

Can we do both? To me, that suggests a very strong focus on Taking Back Wareham, while continuing a rear guard action against the noise & nonsense emanating from Halifax. This is necessary, I believe, because until he is finally squashed like the vermin he is, there are simply too many people who swallow his propaganda without thinking.

I welcome all of our thoughts on this, it is not an easy choice

#7 2009-09-24 17:41:55

Noatalawyer...I agree with you.
Someone, or two, volunteer to monitor the site and explain to us what has been said and the opposing points of view, or the agreement with what has been said.
The rest of us concentrate on what is important. Being a support group, and planning and working hard to TAKE BACK WAREHAM!

#8 2009-09-24 19:50:55

I nominate cas.

#9 2009-09-24 21:26:31

MsLilly wrote:

The original post from yesterday regarding the Meals on Wheels delivery of the Observer...

"Larry McDonald
I want to address this and see what we can do to either put a stop to it or make it a better situation."

Larry, I will take your word for it when you say you were contacted and asked if you could get "a better paper for their parents"...but what does that have to do with trying to get the delivery of the Observer stopped?  Who wouldn't want their loved ones getting as much "free stuff" as possible, never mind giving them access to as many viewpoints as possible...if they don't want to read the Observer (which I doubt...it's already been stated how much our seniors love the printed press), then let them use it for kitty liner...but they should be allowed to make the choice for themselves...

I was referring to a comment that was made by someone else :) Okay, I won't use that excuse as one of our Selectmen did. What I was referring to stopping a conversation that was going on behind the scene and the growing sentiment that was attached to it. As much as I dislike the gossip rag, I don't want to go through another round like we did over the OVM. Mr. Zero credibility would scream to the heavens , which he did anyway.

Ms Lilly, you don't have to take my word for anything. I don't count you as a supporter to this effort and I certainly understand that anytime something looks negative, you will pop up to crow and hoot. It's your nature and it is to be expected.

There are many things that are going on behind the scenes that will eventually come out in the open, but I could have chosen my words better. Now, if that doesn't suffice, I will just have to suffer the slings and arrows of my enemies.

I want to state this was for you. not Bobo. I have no desire to address or debate with a known liar and gossip rag writer.

#10 2009-09-24 22:14:30

Larry McDonald wrote:

I don't want to go through another round like we did over the OVM.

Are we seeing a pattern here?  Exactly why I suggested that we should all just stick to the issues at hand and stop trying to control who buys, sells or reads the Observer...every time such an attempt is made, the result is never good and ends up not being beneficial for anyone involved...

Larry McDonald wrote:

I certainly understand that anytime something looks negative, you will pop up to crow and hoot. It's your nature and it is to be expected.

Is that supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing? 

Larry McDonald wrote:

I want to state this was for you.

That is very much appreciated...and if I have misunderstood your intent, please accept my apology...

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com