#66 2009-09-26 12:45:38

My Head!!!

#67 2009-09-26 12:54:05

mslilly here is a part of what the WPD union pres wrote in a statement.. any questions there is the unions web address at the bottom..

"Civil service protection allows police officers and administration to perform their duties without political interference. It allows us to disagree with town officials without the fear of losing our job. It allows for promotions from within. Who knows more about the Police Department and understands local issues more than the members currently working within?

By removing the chief of police position from civil service, it will give the town administrator, and ultimately, in this town, the Board of Selectmen, total control of who is the police chief and what his duties and directives should be. Based on the current flux of temporary appointments in town, vacancies on many boards, and employees hired without proper credentials, the police union has zero faith in the board's and interim town administrator's ability to hire a competent, experienced and able police chief.

The police union is urging the citizens of Wareham to reject the Town Meeting article that will take the chief of police position out of civil service. It is not in the best interests of the town, and certainly not in the best interests of the Police Department.

We strive to protect and serve the citizens of Wareham with the utmost respect and professionalism. We are now reaching out to them; we ask them, please strive to protect us.

We will be reaching out to Wareham citizens again in the upcoming weeks, leading up to Town Meeting. If any citizens have any questions, they should feel free to contact us through our Web site, www.warehampoliceunion.com."

#68 2009-09-26 13:04:16

Liz...THANK YOU!!!

#69 2009-09-26 13:19:54

Mz Liz....and equally false "thanks" from me and the rest of the gentlefolk in Wareham who bore the brunt of the mean and spiteful words you spewed out each week during your years of indentured service to Bobo.
Go back to scrubbing your cats, and please don't fall out of the tub.

#70 2009-09-26 13:45:48

Ms. Lilly, or anyone, are you/is she the Cat Lady? Just wondering. If you don't wish to respond directly, or at least respond honestly, I'll understand. Not, because I'm saying your dishonest, but I respect your right to anonymity in this forum.

PShooter

#71 2009-09-26 13:50:05

Dick Wheeler wrote:

Mz Liz....and equally false "thanks" from me and the rest of the gentlefolk in Wareham who bore the brunt of the mean and spiteful words you spewed out each week during your years of indentured service to Bobo.
Go back to scrubbing your cats, and please don't fall out of the tub.

You have to admit Dick, between my newly obtained Urban Dictionary and the thong, I've become one hip chick, haven't I?

#72 2009-09-26 14:00:54

PShooter wrote:

Ms. Lilly, or anyone, are you/is she the Cat Lady? Just wondering. If you don't wish to respond directly, or at least respond honestly, I'll understand. Not, because I'm saying your dishonest, but I respect your right to anonymity in this forum.

PShooter

I am not Liz, PShooter, but it was fun for a second...a fleeting second...I'm glad we share the same respect for anonymity...

I'm glad I have a chance to apologize for not responding to a post regarding my opinion on the Charter Review you asked me previously...I must have missed it originally and just came across it this morning...Like a lot of you, one of my main concerns is the loss of TM and was in hopes that the more brainstorming, the more likely we'd figure out how to prevent it's demise...

Again, I apologize if it seemed as though I intentionally ignored the question....

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com