#1 2009-09-11 02:04:39

Liz, thanks for posting this link on the other thread. I thought I'd give it it's own thread.

DA, selectmen differ on status of audit probe

PShooter

#2 2009-09-11 02:06:43

that ok as long as it is out there.. the more the merrier..

#3 2009-09-11 02:18:36

Did you see those legal cost figures thus far, this year? ($365,007.19) ASSHOLES!
..and I thought Sweet Brucey threw a hissy fit and wasn't speaking with the Standard Times.

PShooter

#4 2009-09-11 02:34:00

SO BRUCE TELLS SLAGER WE HAVE BEEN CLEARED BY THE DA AND THAT FOOL PRINTS IT , HOWEVER THE ST TIMES A REAL NEWSPAPER  DISAGREES THE DA ARE TIGHT LIPPED , AGAIN THE SELEATMAN AND THE RAG ARE CAUGHT IN MORE LIES, AND 365 K IN LAWYER EXPENSES IS JUST REDICULOUS, MORE  SPENT THAN IN MOST DEPTS, THROW THE CROOKS OUT AND WHEN YIU READ THE RAG YOU ARE READING A PAPER FUL OF LIES AND IF YOU WANT REAL NEWS READ THE ST TIMES , THEY HAVE A LOT MORE ADVERTISERS AND THEY ARE A LOT SMARTER THAN THOSE WHO WASTE THERE MONEY ADVERTISING IN THE RAG.

#5 2009-09-11 06:34:18

Wow. Look at that. Steve Urbon actually attributes his information to people he interviewed or spoke to. Very basic journalism. That's what makes it believable.

PShooter--It's only September. I think we will be breaking our all time record high in legal fees.

MY QUESTION--WHERE IS THAT MONEY GOING TO COME FROM TO PAY OUR LEGAL FEES?

#6 2009-09-11 06:37:54

Who to believe, who to believe, who to believe?????

What the he assistant district attorney told Steve Urbon and what he told us, or what the BOS said the town counsel said the district attorney said?

#7 2009-09-11 08:32:34

Flash! : The next issue of  the former Wareham Observer will introduce its new name: "Notes From  Under The Bus."

#8 2009-09-11 08:58:51

I think the big thing to take note of is that in the Brucey Dupe's article and now in the S-T article, no name of any town attorney is given, and the name of an attorney working on the town's behalf is a matter of public record.  It is odd that they quote Sweet Brucey saying what he says he was told rather than quote the person who allegedly told him.

The Brucey Dupe reports that a town attorney (singular) told Sweet Brucey that he and his crew were clear.  The S-T quotes Sweet Brucey saying town attorneyS (plural) say they are clear.  Which is it, one attorney or many attorneys?  Get your story straight, Sweet Brucey.

They (Brucey and the Brucey Dupe) know we don't trust Brucey or the Brucey Dupe.  If their story is true, they could blow us out of the water and get a town attorney on the record saying he or she was told by the DA the selectmen were in the clear.  The fact that they haven't done that speaks volumes.

Save that "DA Clears Selectmen" story because I have a hunch that eventually, that's going to be pretty funny.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-09-11 09:09:53)

#9 2009-09-11 09:31:00

all i can say is DAMNNN that bus is doing some miles.. bos, ita, town employees, library, a media owner, counsel, special counsel.. that bus has no shame nor boundries...

just remember when you point a finger @ someone you have 4 pointing back at you..

#10 2009-09-11 09:37:50

We can finally name Bruce and Selectmen the BUS. They continue to toss people under the bus, so let's just call them the BUS. The Wareham BUS, where does it stop next? :) Thank you for the inspiration Mr. Wheeler! It's big, it's yellow and the driver (Bruce) has already had traffic violations :)

#11 2009-09-11 09:46:54

LIZdaGNOME wrote:

just remember when you point a finger @ someone you have 4 pointing back at you..

I like that. Never heard it before. It's like, "If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem." My Dad used that one.

I bet DanO has a few good ones involving a billy goat : )

PShooter

#12 2009-09-11 09:52:47

PShooter, I prefer "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate"

But, then again, I'm a bit of a nerd....

#13 2009-09-11 10:33:00

My mother used to say, "First time is a mistake, the second time is a habit" I think that is appropriate for this group of Selectmen.

#14 2009-09-15 01:12:43

acasualobserver wrote:

PShooter, I prefer "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate"

But, then again, I'm a bit of a nerd....

Casual, Ha, ha, good one. I just got it. What? It only took me four days! I even took Chemistry in HS & College, but gotta admit, that went through my legs like Buckner.

"In the Sixties, there was a slogan to encourage people to volunteer and get involved in solving something, I forget what, but the slogan itself was "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Chemistry geeks found it humorous to use an alternate meaning for the word "solution", and replace "problem" (the opposite of "solution") with "precipitate", which is something that isn't exactly the opposite of a chemical solution.

When something dissolves in a liquid, it becomes a part of the solution. When it doesn't dissolve, but retains its own molecular structure (sawdust in water, for example) it is said to be a "precipitate".

It was a joke for chemistry types."

Legal Fees $365,007.19 SO FAR! ASSHOLES!

PShooter

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com