#1 2009-09-10 20:48:47

The Speech Made by President Bush On the Evening of September 11, 2001.

Today, our fellow citizens, our way of life, our very freedom came under attack in a series of deliberate and deadly terrorist acts. The victims were in airplanes or in their offices: secretaries, business men and women, military and federal workers, moms and dads, friends and neighbors.

Thousands of lives were suddenly ended by evil, despicable acts of terror.

The pictures of airplanes flying into buildings, fires burning, huge structures collapsing have filled us with disbelief, terrible sadness and a quiet, unyielding anger.

These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat. But they have failed. Our country is strong. A great people has been moved to defend a great nation.

Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve.

America was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world. And no one will keep that light from shining.

Today, our nation saw evil, the very worst of human nature, and we responded with the best of America, with the daring of our rescue workers, with the caring for strangers and neighbors who came to give blood and help in any way they could. (...)

America and our friends and allies join with all those who want peace and security in the world and we stand together to win the war against terrorism.

Tonight I ask for your prayers for all those who grieve, for the children whose worlds have been shattered, for all whose sense of safety and security has been threatened. And I pray they will be comforted by a power greater than any of us spoken through the ages in Psalm 23: "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil for you are with me."

This is a day when all Americans from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice and peace. America has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this time.

None of us will ever forget this day, yet we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world.

Thank you. Good night and God bless America

#2 2009-09-10 20:49:53

No comment.

#3 2009-09-10 20:55:06

danoconnell wrote:

No comment.

Yeah, really. I humbly hope this thread goes no further.

#4 2009-09-10 20:59:08

it is about remembering all of those passed and those who are fighting still tomorrow most of all they all should be in our hearts and prayers...

#5 2009-09-10 21:02:11

Remember when the sight of Rudy Giuliani didn't make you nauseous? I don't either. Let's not, ok?

#6 2009-09-10 21:12:22

Liz nice job.

Amen!!

#7 2009-09-10 21:13:56

I think about the thousands of American lives and hundreds of thousands of others sacrificed in Iraq for a lie, for an ideology and for a political party, not to mention the ruin of this nation's treasure and reputation. I fear for our future. It may already be too late. Sorry if this upsets you.

#8 2009-09-10 21:14:52

And we're off to the races!

#9 2009-09-10 22:19:43

flyspeck no im not upset.. my reason wasnt about the politics or bs.. it was about the people, lives lost familys sufferings that is still going on today.. i have a very good friend hell hes like family a helicopter pilot who has done 1 tour in iraq and is going for tour 2 in april.. again it was and is about the people and the loss..

#10 2009-09-11 00:17:57

My nephew, Scott, U. S. Marine was killed in Iraq on his second tour thirty days exactly from his twentieth birthday.
My wife kept me out of jail because I was trying to reach the White House to tell that little draft dodging piece of crap and his draft dodging Vice President that I wanted to "bitch" slap him.
I can say no more.
My son serves in the US. Marine Corps on a very important detail.
Let's just say that I am disgusted by the whole Iraq War and I grieve for the over 4,000 men and women that died because some draft dodger decided he'd go after the man that tried to kill his "Daddy".
And of course,  to make sure Mr. Cheney made some money.
Cowards and draft dodgers should never be Commander in Chief.
Democrat or Republican.
Sorry, Bill W.
That's all I'm going to say.
One more thing. A very good friend of mine just returned from Afghanistan.
It's time to leave there too.
Sorry, Liz.
I love you.
This is a bad time of year for me.
Scott got killed almost 4 years ago exactly.

#11 2009-09-11 00:43:22

Sorry for the last post.
This time of year I become maudlin.
I hoped I would live long enough not to see war again.
I pray every day, several times a day, for all of our brave kids that are serving our Nation.I pray for peace and their safety,
Colin Powell said it best: (paraphrasing) Never enter a war without a plan, and NEVER enter a war without an exit strategy.
Shades of Viet-Nam?
I pray not.
Bring our kids home, let them live their lives and contribute to our Country.
They are brave and are committed to die if necessary to protect our Nation.
Let's make sure our reasons are important enough for them to give their precious lives.
I stood at my nephew's coffin, in my full dress Marine Corps League uniform, and I cried like a baby.
I am not ashamed of that.
I am ashamed of the lack of reasoning that caused it.
Again, I apologize.

#12 2009-09-11 00:49:42

I said I would stop, but one more thing:
Liz, I know what you meant. 3,000 lives were lost by a terrorist organization that should have been destroyed years ago.
We should concentrate on finding and killing Osama BIn Laden, and get the hell out of the region.
Our children are too precious to be sacrificed for political and monetary reasons.
The families of the victims of 9-11 should never be forgotten.
I pray for them every day also.
Again...sorry Bill.

#13 2009-09-11 01:43:59

dan no need to apoligize and a big hug to you for your loss..

my point in posting this thread again was to remember the people, the families, that have passed and had their life changed because of this day. also the women and men still fighting today.. believe me i dont agree with the politics surrounding this day but i do BELIEVE in the people..

#14 2009-09-11 09:51:48

Thanks, Liz.
I was upset last night because I had just returned home after a memorial service for the several Marines we have lost in the area.
There is nothing more heartbreaking than speaking with families that have had the losses they have suffered.
I guess it just pisses me off.
But, I should know better and keep my mouth shut.
I know that you grieve for those 3000 souls that died that day.
I am with you and your hope that they receive peace (the families).
Once again, everyone, sorry for the rant.
I'll try to be a good boy now.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com