#1 2009-08-28 04:40:42

Please attend next Tues, Sept. 1, 7pm at the Multi Service Center.

This Board of Selectmen need to hear we want them out now, before Wareham bleeds out entirely and becomes a ward of the state.

Sued for a town-wide, records lock-down, sued for punishing managers who exercised their statutory rights, and a grand jury is poised to indict.

This board is done. We need a special election to replace them.

Last edited by billw (2009-08-28 04:42:57)

#2 2009-08-28 06:58:01

Yes, Bliss is suing them but that's not really the big news. The big news from the S-T is:

"The state Division of Labor Relations has filed formal charges against town officials alleging they retaliated against mid-level managers for attempting to join a union in 2008."  FORMAL CHARGES!

On the S-T complaint the big news is this:

"By law, town officials have 10 days to fulfill public records requests or provide a detailed explanation of why they cannot. The Standard-Times will now refer its requests to the secretary of state."

So now we have three entities involved, The Ma. Division of Labor Relations, The Ma. Secretary of State, and the Plymouth Country District Attorney.

#3 2009-08-28 08:13:30

I told you more was coming...:) and it will only get better!

#4 2009-08-28 08:14:21

So what's the over-under that we're going to hear from the BOS that the people at the Mass Division of Labor Relations are a bunch of vile power elite bastards too when they're called on to explain themselves?

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-08-28 08:15:09)

#5 2009-08-28 08:21:57

You really want to know what makes this even better? A certain wannabe journalist making the following claims:
The audit will have "life changing" implications and (my all time favorite) The lawyers are going over it with a fine tooth comb.

They didn't even have the material! :) This is hilarious. Now, he wonders where Steve Urbon is...lol....bet he didn't know Steve Urbon is on top of more stories than this!

Gawd, life is good and watching someone continue to make a fool of himself is even better.

#6 2009-08-28 08:24:09

We have all witnessed on tape how citizens are treated when they come before the BOS during "CITIZEN'S PARTICIPATION" great thing about tapes no spin real facts.

If they treat regular citizens that way while they know they are being taped, one can only imagine how they treat people behind closed doors? Oh yes we have that on tape as well.

It time that all citizen's stand up and say no more!!! This is our town!!

If we can't get the truth on small issues how are we supposed to trust them on issues like Westfield, changing town government,computer audits,library........?

That's right WE CAN'T!!!!

#7 2009-08-28 08:28:49

I have been against a recall because the town can not afford it with all the expenses the Selectmen continue to accumulate. It appears now that if they are not ousted, we may incur astronomical expenses for K&P to defend them. Geez, how can they even hold their head up? I suggest that each and every one of them RESIGN at Tuesday's meeting. They have disgraced themselves, the town and every resident of this town. People of Wareham should unite and put aside their differences to oust these bozos before they ruin our beloved town.

Take Back Wareham NOW!

#8 2009-08-28 08:37:09

Larry,
The only person whose life has been changed in all this is ragboy. He now has no office and no credibility after all the lies that have been exposed about him.

Could this be the end of the horror we have lived for the past few years? The bos and bobo out of our lives?

Now is the time to be the most vocal. The citizens of Wareham need to be informed so we can Take Back Wareham.

#9 2009-08-28 08:40:51

Molly,
There is more they are trying to run down our throats and behind our back. I don't want to steal my wife's thunder, so I won't say anything at this time. They are truly out for themselves and have no idea how to act professional and run this town. I think everyone should flood their email boxes and call them asking them to resign immediately or in front of the town at the next Selectmen's meeting. The do not deserve our support! They have done NOTHING but ruin the finances of this town. Enough is enough.

#10 2009-08-28 08:45:41

There are three issues that must be concentrated on and defeated at the Town Meeting.
1) The removal of the Chief of Police, or any other officer of the WPD, from Civil Service. 2) The Westfield development project which is completely contrary to the intent, and decision, of the BOS in 1977.3)The change of government to a Mayoral form.
It will take all of your hard work focusing on those three issues to have a successful result in Town Meeting and to prepare the way for your two new Selectmen.
Very tough road ahead, and time is running out very quickly.

#11 2009-08-28 08:50:18

Dan,
Liz has more on the CRC and how they plan to get around the town meeting on the mayoral change. People should pay attention to that thread when she starts it.

This BOS is really underhanded. I think each and every one of them should resign......

#12 2009-08-28 08:50:57

Oh, and just because I said it yesterday....I'll say it again...there is more to come....the news just keeps a'coming!

#13 2009-08-28 08:55:50

Gee....you're swell, Larry.
You and Liz are the bee's knees!

#14 2009-08-28 09:03:37

Things are just peachy Dan! :)

My blood pressure is way down now! I feel Mahhhhvelous

#15 2009-08-28 10:10:35

since my husband has broke the ice i will put in my two cents on just 1 issue there are many!!! the housing fund jane d spoke of at the citizens meeting on westfield w/ mr heaton where his fee is getting paid from well the current bos by MGL is to appoint a trustee committee for that housing fund they(bos)havent in four years or so they(bos) ordered a check to be paid to mr heaton for his services out of this fund that the trustees are to control not the bos... see my point.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com