#1 2009-08-22 19:08:46

slager has decided to close hi office in buzzards bay and work from his home in halifax due to budget issues..

#2 2009-08-22 19:11:41

I hate to see anyone go out of business, but, I think Slager owes it to his family to fold up and find some employment that is steady and will provide for his wife and children.
Nice try.
He's still young and can bounce back.

#3 2009-08-22 19:15:29

he will still be working just no office.. he will be working from home..

#4 2009-08-22 20:13:48

If he has no office, where will he sleep?

#5 2009-08-22 21:07:22

Good point ru, I was wondering that since I haven't seen the fire red minivan from hell there recently. Do you think he is sleeping in his van?

#6 2009-08-22 21:35:57

Uh, yes, on this news of Bobo closing down Rag HQ, please allow me to offer the following statement:

"BAHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAH A HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAH BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!"

Oh, and I almost forgot:

"BAHHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!"

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

#7 2009-08-22 21:42:53

Bobo, what happened, did God turn the sign on your office cold?  BAHHH HA HA HA HA!

#8 2009-08-22 21:47:19

THIS FAT BASTARD IS GOING DOWN AND NOW HI IS CLOSING HIS OFFICE BECAUSE HE CANT AFFORD  THE RENT BUT SAID HE HAD SEVERAL RESUMES AND DECIDED THAT THEY WERE NOT UP TO THE CALIBER HE NEEDED , WHAT THEY COULD SPELL , WHAT WOULD HE PAY THEM IN SEA SHELLS , THANKS TO CHIEF JOYCES LAWSUIT, THE BLOGERS ON THIS SITE , THE BOYCOTERS WE ARE DOING ARE BEST TO RID THIS RAT FROM TOWN . HE HAS HARMED MANY PEOPLE AND HE NEEDS TO GO ,WE HAVE PROVED TO THE PEOPLE IN WAREHAM WHAT A FOOL AMD A LAUGHING STOCK AND A LIAR HE IS. HE HAS CLOSED THE TRYTOWN  PAPER , CLOSED HIS OFFICE ,CHARGED FOR HIS PAPER , I AM JUMPING UP FOR JOY , THIS FAT EVIL BASTERED IS GOING DOWN. THERE WAS THOSE WHO SAID HE WOULD GO AWAY IF WE TURNED THE OTHER CHEEK MAYBE THEY WERE RITE I DONT NO BUT TO THOSE WHE HAVE CARRIED THE WAR TO HIM I THINK WE HAVE MADE  A DIFFERENCE , HEY FAT BASSTARD JUST GET IN YOUR RED MINI VAN AND SLILK OFF INTO THE NITE , YOUR TOAST.

#9 2009-08-22 21:56:12

THATS RIGHT I REMEMBER WHEN SLAGER SPOKE TO GOD AND DURING A COLD WINTER NIGHT HE TOUCHED THE SIGN AND IT WAS WARM AND THAT WAS GODS WAY OF TELLING HIM TO STAY IN BUSINESS. WHAT A NUTJOB! IM GOING TO RENT OUT HIS OLD OFFICE JUST SO I CAN PROVE TO EVERYONE THAT THERE IS NO SHOWER AT THE OFFICE. OH GOD LET THE JOKES BEGIN... WHERE IS THE LIGHT GOING TO BE LEFT ON FOR LIZ TO COME BACK????? AT THE SLAGER ESTATE? HOW DOES THE PRESIDENT/VICEPRESIDENT/MEDIA MANAGER/PAPERBOY/ OF OBSERVERMEDIA NOT HAVE A FREAKIN OFFICE??????????

#10 2009-08-22 21:57:07

ALSO SEVERAL REPOTERS HAVE LEFT, SEE WHAT LIES AND HATE WILL GET YOU IN RUNING A PAPER,NOT MUCH ,SEE YA FAT  BOY

#11 2009-08-22 22:12:52

Someone get Bobo's landlord a gas mask and a Haz Mat suit, because he's going to have to fumigate the hell out of the joint just to get rid of the overpowering Ragman stench that's settled in over the years before anyone rents it again.

Maybe get a dumptruck to haul away all the bagel bags too.

#12 2009-08-22 22:14:09

BREAKING NEWS: Tickets to "Bye Bye Bobofest" now on sale.  $5 bucks gets you a wrist band to the three days of festivities at Gillette Stadium.

#13 2009-08-22 22:28:18

BREAKING NEWS: RAGBOY CLOSES HIS OFFICE DURING A TOWN WIDE COMPUTER AUDIT OF TOWN OWNED COMPUTERS. PEOPLES LIVES WILL CHANGE JUST YOU WAIT........AND WAIT........AND WAIT...........

#14 2009-08-22 22:31:04

BREAKING NEWS:  Bobo's new office is located in his bathroom at home.

Bobo and Paul Shooter will hold staff meetings in the can.

"Honey, are you done with the bathroom yet?"

"No, dear!  I'm playing with my shooter!!!"

#15 2009-08-22 22:45:16

BREAKING NEWS:  Bobo owes a huge ass debt to his printer! 

Yeah, uh, when you can't pay the printer Bobo, that's usually curtains for a paper.

BAHHHH HA HAH AH HA!

#16 2009-08-22 22:46:07

My favorite line in the whole article about closing the office was this.....

"As long as my health holds up, I plan to keep the Observer going as long as possible."

Anyone want to take bets that Bobo's health will be the reason he gives when he finally folds?

Last edited by commonsense (2009-08-22 22:46:21)

#17 2009-08-22 23:20:50

Common, I don't know if you've heard, but he's a diabetic.  I can think of a dozen people he's ripped on that are diabetic too, but they don't play the diabetic card.  Bobo plays it on every hand.  "Waah, waah, I'm Bobo, I'm a diabetic, waah."

Plenty of other people are too, Bobo.  Not exactly like you have a rare illness.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-08-22 23:21:13)

#18 2009-08-22 23:26:07

This quote deserves honorable mention:

"Unfortunately, The Observer fell a little behind on some bills as well. We expected to pay off some of those debts with the money from Joyce. Basically, the company lost nearly $8,000 in legal fees following the settlement. As much as that stings, I simply couldn’t lose my home. I couldn’t do that to my wife and children."

Holy Shit.  Bobo, my God, how badly have you screwed up your finances that $12,000 is all that is keeping you from losing Casa de Bobo?

Bobo, that's really big of you to not let your family be homeless.  While you're at it, STOP SACRIFICING YOUR FINANCIAL STABILITY FOR YOUR SWEET BRUCEY ASS KISSING HOBBY AND GET A F%$%ING JOB!!!!!!!!!"

#19 2009-08-22 23:28:40

Physical health will be the  excuse; mental health will be the reason.

This guy is such a mess psychologically that I always feel a bit guilty when I beat up on him.

,,,And, this is a former  English teacher reminding you  of MacBeth (III,iii,13): "We have scotch'd the snake, not kill'd it."

Save the dancing in the streets for when he's really gone.....We've got work to do.

#20 2009-08-22 23:40:14

This guy was paying $18,000 a year for an office for a paper that reads like it was typed by a second grader. (He'll save $1500 a month by closing it, he says).

Yeah, now I think we know why you're folding, Bobo.  What a dumbass.  $18,000 a year?  For your crap paper?  Are you really that stupid?

Can we take up a collection and rent it, put up a sign that says "Blogger HQ" just to piss him off?

It'd be nice.  We could put in a bar, foosball table, a pool table, a few couchs, big screen TV...it could be a power elite club house.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-08-22 23:46:02)

#21 2009-08-23 00:13:11

Hamatron5000 wrote:

This guy was paying $18,000 a year for an office for a paper that reads like it was typed by a second grader. (He'll save $1500 a month by closing it, he says).

Yeah, now I think we know why you're folding, Bobo.  What a dumbass.  $18,000 a year?  For your crap paper?  Are you really that stupid?

Can we take up a collection and rent it, put up a sign that says "Blogger HQ" just to piss him off?

It'd be nice.  We could put in a bar, foosball table, a pool table, a few couchs, big screen TV...it could be a power elite club house.

i got a couch and a futon to donate and some blue paint....

#22 2009-08-23 00:18:21

Cool, I'll throw in some posters, a black light, and a lava lamp.
PShooter

Last edited by PShooter (2009-08-23 00:19:00)

#23 2009-08-23 06:28:26

IM SURE THE PLACE HAS SHOWER FACILITIES

#24 2009-08-23 08:42:55

This quote has to be my personal favorite...

"If we went out of business the printer wouldn’t be able to recover the past due amount (we’re an LLC with few liquid assets)."

So, if your company goes out of business, being that you are the sole owner/president you plan on washing your hands of the debt you created and never making good on any of the money you owe to anyone. "Oh it wasn't me, it was Observer Media"

True scumbag

#25 2009-08-23 08:50:15

I feel a happy dance coming on!!!!

#26 2009-08-23 09:19:03

my personal thanks TO TOM JOYCE FOR SUING THIS BASTARDAND DRAINING HIM OF HIS ASSESTS ,YOR ARE THE  MAN  AND YOU DID MORE FOR WAREHAM IN DOING THIS I SALUTE YOU AND YOU ARE MY CANDITATE FOR THIS YEARS MAN OF THE YEAR AND GOD BLESS YOU.

#27 2009-08-23 09:26:22

Joyce, however, made it clear that he had no intention of paying the $20,000-plus he owed to us. He filed repeated motions with the court. Finally, after it became evident we would not be receiving the money anytime soon, we agreed to reach a settlement with Joyce, in which he would pay about 65 percent of the total he owed to us.

MAYBE IF YOU DIDNT DEFAME AND LIE ABOUT INDIVIDUALS YOU WOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN SUED IN THE FIRST PLACE

But that has caused some real financial challenges at home. We’d fallen behind on some bills. We needed our share of the
money back to protect our home.

THE SIGN IS GONE AT YOUR OFFICE AND IT HAS TURNED COLD. THE LIGHT FOR LIZ HAS BEEN SWITCHED OFF

Unfortunately, The Observer fell a little behind on some bills as well. We expected to pay off some of those debts with the money from Joyce. Basically, the company lost nearly $8,000 in legal fees following the settlement. As much as that stings, I simply couldn’t lose my home.

PROBABLY HAD MORE TO DO TO THE FACT THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THE WORST BUSINESSBOY I HAVE EVER SEEN. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A PERSON TRY SOME MANY GIMMICKS TO GET INCOME.

This decision should put the Observer back in the black in a few months. When that happens I will consider finding a new office in Wareham.

DONT COUNT ON IT BOBO. ARE YOU STILL EVEN A LLC SINCE YOU HAVE NOT PAID YOUR STATE FILING FEES IN TWO YEARS?

I will be able to take better care of my health (less fast food, more time on the exercise bike). But most of all I will be able to get a little more sleep. That’s extremely important when you are diabetic.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN A PERSON USE THE DIABETIC CARD AS MUCH AS THIS GUY HAS. HERES A NEW GIMMICK FOR YOU WHY DONT YOU TRY SELLING PICTURES OF YOUR FAT ASS ON A STATIONARY BIKE LOL

Of course the hate bloggers will have a field day with this. They’ll see it as a sign that their boycott against the Observer is working. I can assure you, it’s not. In fact, we had several advertisers recently renew contracts with us.

YOU CAN ASSURE US? YOU ADVERTISING HAS BEEN CUT IN HALF SINCE DECEMBER. ANYONE TAKE A LOOK AT HIS ADVERTISERS A YEAR AGO AND LOOK NOW. NOBODY BELIEVES ANYTHING YOU SAY

But the recent cost-cutting measures have greatly reduced expenses. Of course, the continued support of our readers is always appreciated. If you’ve been thinking about an on-line subscription, now would be the perfect time (wink, wink).

ITS ALWAYS PATHETIC WHEN YOU BEG FOR MONEY BOBO. YOU DO THIS ALL THE TIME ITS LAUGHABLE. (WINK, WINK).

Operating a small community paper in this day and age will remain challenging (especially with the pressure some political partisans continue to put on our advertisers). But I plan to keep fighting for as long as possible because I love this community and I care deeply about its future. As always, thank you for your support. It means more to me than you will ever know.

IT ALSO DOESNT HELP THAT THROUGH THE YEARS YOU HAVE DEFAMED AND LIED ABOUT INDIVIDUALS AND WHEN YOU KEEP GOING THROUGH EVERY MEMBER IN WAREHAM CALLING THEM CROOKS AND ONLY CATERING TO A 100 OR SO NUTJOBS AND CONSIRPARY THEORIST YOU ARE GOING TO EVENTUALLY ALIENATE ANY READERS OF YOUR CRAP. IN SHORT BOBO THE SIGN HAS GROWN COLD. YOU ARE BACK TO WRITING "BOBBYS NEWS" FROM YOU HOME. SAD, PATHETIC LOSER

#28 2009-08-23 09:36:32

BO BO YOU POOR DIBATIC BASTARD GO SCREW YOUR SELF, AND SHIT IN YOUR HAT.

#29 2009-08-23 09:52:26

SO THIS IS HOW SLAGER WILL RUN HIS PAPER , 75 % OF HIS PAPER IS A OPINION PIECE AND REACTION TO THE HATE BLOGGERS THE REST WILL BE LEAKS FROM BREDA AND CO. AND HIS NEWS WILL COME FROM READING THE STANDARD TIMES AND WAREHAM COURIER AND PLAGERIZING HIS NEWS BY CUTING AND PASTING FROM THERE NEWSPAPERS WHICH HE IS ALREADY DOING AND LIVING OFF HIS WIFES PAY CHECK LIVING IN SECTION 8 HOUSEING AND PAYING 1500 A MONTH FOR THAT SHACK , HE MUST BE NUTS FOR PAYING THAT , BUT I DOUBT HE WAS PAYING THAT , RUMOR IS THAT HE HASNT BEEN PAYING HIS RENT FOR SOMETIME AND WAS  EVICTED FOR NON PAYMENT OF RENT.

#30 2009-08-23 09:55:05

Some thoughts/questions:

1) Did he give up the office, or did his landlord throw him out?  There has been talk for awhile now that he was behind on his rent.  Care to comment, Bobo?  Did you leave your landlord with all debts to him paid?  Don't fib, Bobo.  It'd be easy for someone to ask the Cat Lady's friend i.e. your landlord to find out.

2) As Flox points out, on Bobo's discussion of his printer, what a scumbag.  First, there's the ethical problem of leaving someone who has printed your paper and helped your company for years in the lurch by trying to hide behind your LLC status and stiff him for a printing bill.  But I wonder, legally, can he do this?  I would think the printer could still try, and as another pointed out, I wonder if you lose your LLC status when you don't pay your state filing fees or file the required corporate documents for two years.

Yes, Bobo, you claim you're the Ethical Watchdog of Wareham, yet you openly admit you would have no problem screwing over your printer.  Did you ever think about admitting that 1) after CNC cut their losses and cut bait after giving you a year to run a paper for them and 2) after almost 3 years on your own and not turning a profit, that maybe you just were not cut out for the journalism profession?

Does the printer read the paper he prints?  If I read that and I was his printer, I'd stop printing, tell him to get lost, and sue his ass.

Bobo, did you ever think about taking the settlement, paying off your debts, get a REAL job, stop racking up any more debt with your printer and just pay off what you owe him now with a REAL job?

3)  When you've got a one income family, isn't dropping $18,000 a year on your Sweet Brucey ass kissing hobby insane? Bobo, have you ever considered seeking psychological treatment for your Sweet Brucey ass kissing addiction?  It is apparently a very costly addiction.

4) No Wareham residency.  No Wareham office.  Just a douchebag in Halifax bitching about Wareham.  Who gives a shit?

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-08-23 09:57:25)

#31 2009-08-23 10:18:16

Ham sums it up perfectly: who gives a shit?..imagine this scumbag writing "I love this community and care deeply about its future"!!..if that isn't an indication  of how full of shit this guy is, nothing is!!..as has been suggested on this site for quite some time, ignore and he will go away..its getting closer to becoming a reality, and now would be a perfect time (wink, wink)

#32 2009-08-23 10:18:23

I wonder how Paul Shooter feels about all this.

I see the demise of his print rag. And the online pay for view but get it for free crap will just attract his regular crowd.

The hate and defamation and hurt that he has caused will come to an end and Wareham, the town he supposedly, reportedly and allegedly loves will once again be free from the rag.

#33 2009-08-23 10:19:19

Folks don't be fooled by his little pity party blog.

The fact that he mentioned the advertisers and the bloggers means that your efforts with business owners and advertisers are starting to have an affect.

Now is not the time to become complacent but to begin doubling your efforts.

His reports remotely from Halifax will only get more hate filled because he thrives on attention to survive.

Now he truly can claim no ties to Wareham, you can be sure he will keep hitting his political folks up for money and will ramp up his rhetoric to keep getting paid for favorable coverage.

This round goes to your efforts, but we still have several rounds to go.

He is hoping with his pitty party blog that you will end your efforts to end his lies,hate and deception.

Don't be fooled by him.

#34 2009-08-23 10:28:51

I for one will never stop letting everyone know what a detriment this DB has been to our Town..the last few years are some of the darkest in Wareham's history and Bobo and the BOS are two of the main reasons..some day, we'll read a Dan O'Connell like history of Wareham and the Slobserver and this current board will not be fondly remembered..

#35 2009-08-23 10:37:27

I agree, IHS said he lost half his advertising, but I think it's more than that.  To me it looks like between Christmas and now, he's lost about 2/3 of his advertising. 

In the Tri-Town Rag (now conveniently located on the back of the Wareham Rag) he jeers a Tri-Town store owner for giving his paper the boot.  The boycott is working.

We should rejoice at this latest news...BUT...we should also not get complacent.  Now is the time to give BOBO THE HOBO THE HEAVE-HO!!!

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-08-23 10:37:55)

#36 2009-08-23 10:41:32

searay240...Steve..
Run for Selectman!!
The Town of Wareham needs you.
I would love to see many of you run, but, you have told me privately why you can't or won't. I understand and support you.
Steve Holmes and many others are qualified and reflect your need to save Wareham.
Steve, and others like him, are the people that EVERYONE can support.
Run, Steve. Run!

Last edited by danoconnell (2009-08-23 11:13:56)

#37 2009-08-23 10:56:56

SLAGER ADMITS HE IS NOT MAKEING ANY MONEY, HE IS LOOSEING MONEY HE SAYS HE LOVES WAREHAM THATS WHY HE  WANTS TO STAY IN WAREHAM , YHE REAL RESOAN IS BECAUSE  NO ONE IN THE NEWSPAPER INDUSTRY WILL HIRE HIM AND HE DOESNT WANT TO WORK AT CUMBERLAND FARMS , HE WANTS TO BE A BIG NEWSPAPER REPOTER , HE IS CONTENT WITH HIS WIFE SUPPORTING HIM  BUT ALL HE IS DOING IS RUNNING A FAILING  NEWSPAPER LIKE HIS  BUDDY RAN A FAILING PIZZA  JOINT STICKING FORKS IN TO KIDS HANDS WHO CAME INTO HIS PIZZA JOINT , 2 PAYTHETIC ASS HOLES.

#38 2009-08-23 11:07:09

Don't judge his advertising by what you see in the rag. I know for a fact that he ran an ad for a business AFTER their ad period had run out--probably just to fill in the blank spaces and make it look like he has a lot of advertising.

I agree with Steve. Let's not get complacent. Keep up the good work everyone.

#39 2009-08-23 11:49:17

Does anyone know what businesses in Marion or Mattapoisett carry the rag? I do a lot of shopping in both places. If any of the businesses I patronize are carrying the rag I would be more than happy to pay them a visit. Does any place in either Marion or Mattapoisett still give the rag out for free?

Last edited by marny (2009-08-23 12:10:19)

#40 2009-08-23 12:49:33

1500 DOLLARS A MONTH FOR THE SHACK HE WAS IN???? AND NO SHOWER FACILITIES?????????? AS STATED BEFORE WORST BUSINESSBOY EVER. GO BACK TO BOBBYS NEWS

#41 2009-08-23 13:14:39

THE COMMON THEME BETWEEN SLAGER / PEZZOLI / SWEET BRUCIE / BRENDA IS THAT THEY ALL HAVE TERRIBLE FINANCIAL TROUBLES DUE TO THEIR INCOMPENTANCE AND NOT UNDERSTANDING HOW BUSINESSES ARE RUN. MOST OF THE BOS DO NOT WORK. BUT ALL OF THEM HAVE NO TROUBLE TELLING YOU AND ME HOW THINGS SHOULD BE RUN. THEY CANT RUN THEIR FINANCIAL HOUSEHOLDS YET THEY WANT TO RUN THE TOWN OF WAREHAMS. THE SIGN IS COLD AND ITS TIME TO PACK IT IN SLAGER

#42 2009-08-23 14:33:29

Marny-- The Rag is now part of the Wareham Slobserver -- it has been stuck in the back of it to make one paper.  He now charges for it so you won't find it anywhere for free.  Really makes sense -- I can't give it away anymore so I'll start charging for it!  Remember all the talk about some other papers stock had taken a big dive?  He's got one foot in the grave!

#43 2009-08-23 14:42:27

This is just a step in Taking Back Wareham. The mouthpiece will eventually be silenced, but for now, he has become a smaller distraction. Think of all the people that read his paper and commented on his site. He has lead them to believe "the final piece" is coming, and the audit will be "life changing" for some people. Now, as the days turned to months, we know the audit is just another expensive blunder by the Selectmen. Slager has earned his dismissal from the town of Wareham, so let's focus on the Selectmen and Town Moderator. They have lost their mouthpiece, but we all know they are still the root problem.

Goodbye cub reporter!

#44 2009-08-23 15:46:33

flox wrote:

This quote has to be my personal favorite...

"If we went out of business the printer wouldn’t be able to recover the past due amount (we’re an LLC with few liquid assets)."

Imagine if you would you were a business who advertises with the rag, now imagine seeing the statement above in print. Remember that to get a contracted advertising rate with the slobserver you have to PREPAY. Hmmm, so should the rag go out of business, he's already put in print he doesn't plan on making good on his debts. Anyone who is insane enough to shovel money on that fire sale, well, enough said.

#45 2009-08-23 16:07:21

I've questioned all along why anyone would advertise with him!!..do they honestly think people are reading his garbage??..I spoke with a person the other day who told me she was interviewed by him..not only was it the worst ever, she claims he twisted her words to the point that she had to demand a retraction!!..I will not read the Rag nor will I visit the website..I will take joy though, in counting the number of papers not purchased at the different locations I see it at..

#46 2009-08-23 16:16:52

he interviewed a woman who told him she had 2 young girls he printed she had a son..

#47 2009-08-23 16:16:57

I am wondering, now that the other site is closing, if the theme should be "SAVE WAREHAM!" as opposed to TAKE BACK WAREHAM.
You will be the ONLY political activist force that will exist in Wareham.Perhaps the wording of save versus take back is more positive?
Just asking.
I'm still buying t-shirts no matter what they say!

#48 2009-08-23 17:15:12

dan, slager intends to still work from his home and hes is a statement from him " I plan to keep fighting for as long as possible because I love this community and I care deeply about its future"

#49 2009-08-23 17:37:19

Robert Slager and Rubert Murdoch may be alike, and you may say that in more ways than this but let's stick to the issue of making money by charging for online editions.

Murdoch thinks in the future most Internet news websites will be charging a fee. I disagree. I don't think he understands how many news websites the typical "news junkie" reads. He may be using the success of shifting the Wall Street Journal to a fee based site, but that for obvious reasons is hardly representative of the typical news website.

In 2007 Murdoch's company bought Ottoway News which owns, among other papers, The Standard Times and The Cape Cod Times. By the end of the year he plans to have all of the online versions of his 175 papers charge a fee.

But Murdoch only has to look at the history of Slate and Salon to see if this is a good idea. If I remember correctly, Slate started off free, started charging, ran into competition from the similar Salon and went back to being free. Now both are making it as free websites.

He can also look at the online New York Times which for a period charged for certain content like the OpEd section and archives, and then went back to a totally free website.

Then he can look at the spectacular success of the Huffington Post which has always been free.

All of these free websites support themselves through advertising. The more people that read them the more they can charge for ads and the more new advertisers they can attract.

Locally a paper like The Enterprise, The Courier or The Wareham Observer might be able to earn more by charging for their Internet versions, especially if they are the only news source in town. But on the other hand if they really push their online advertising to the limits with good advertiser friendly page design and by making sure every advertiser has a link to a homepage it is quite possible they could make even more by staying free.

If local papers like Robert Slager's start charging for their online editions they open the door for entrepreneurs to start new non-print news free websites to compete with them.

While it isn't real journalism these sites wouldn't even need original stories since it is still legal to summarize a story from another source in your own words, properly attribute it, and use very short quotes. This website could actually become the chief competition to The Observer and if handled well actually make a little money.

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-08-23 17:43:42)

#50 2009-08-23 18:26:44

Look at the Drudge report...how long has that been on for free?

#51 2009-08-23 18:38:53

taken from the one & only James Brown....

Whoa! I feel good. I knew that we would.
I feel good. I knew that we would.
So good, so good, Bobo's blue!

Whoa! I feel nice, to move out that lice.
I feel nice, to move out that vice.
So nice, So nice, Bobo's thru!

when I read his psychobabble
its clear that he is always wrong.
and when I pass his website
his crap can't do me no harm

Whoa! I feel good, I knew that we would, now
I feel good, I knew that we would
So good, so good, Bobo's blue
So good, so good, Bobo"s thru
So good, so good, Bobo's screwed!

HEY!!!

#52 2009-08-23 19:05:20

So I was on Craig's List and came across this ad.  Could it be??????

This coat was bought in the mid 80's. It's off white with the signature red plaid lining for colder weather, has all its original buttons and zipper that works like it was new. It was worn but is not worn out, and has many good years of wear left in it. It has some stains from age and storage that may or may not come out with another dry cleaning by the buyer. (Your dry cleaner is probably better than mine!) Buyer pays shipping.

Check the link for a picture!

http://southcoast.craigslist.org/clo/1338204232.html

From

Last edited by spideratc (2009-08-24 00:18:20)

#53 2009-08-23 20:45:02

Nooo!  Have times gotten so tough that he's selling the barracuda?!!?!  What will he wear in August now?!

#54 2009-08-23 21:11:23

Frankly, I'm glad he is going to be home with his family. I know Bruce will be jealous, but maybe he will learn the truth if he stays away from the Selectmen. What are all the Meal on Wheels people going without their National Enquirer wannabe paper?

#55 2009-08-23 21:16:23

Now that he's said that he owes a big debt to his printer, I don't know if I can pick up a free rag.  If he owes money, then those rags are ill-gotten rags.  Delinquent rags.  Deadbeat rags.  They're hot rags!  I wouldn't be able to read it, I'd just think of his poor printer, poor guy probably going into the poorhouse waiting for Ragman's overdue payments to come in.

Sorry Bobo, but we can't read hot rags.  Pay your printer so the public isn't stuck with ill-gotten rags.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-08-23 21:17:04)

#56 2009-08-23 21:33:17

Bobo, seriously, it's times like these that you need good advice.  So let me offer you these words of wisdom:

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

#57 2009-08-23 21:42:16

I stopped into 7-11 tonight I did not realize they carry his paper.

Not sure if these are the alleged stolen copies from the COA but there was a huge stack still there.

Sorry but Dolores needed a roll of paper towels. Let's see if we can talk with the Manager during the day. I did ask for the Manager but they were not there.

Since they are not selling anyway this one should be easy.

#58 2009-08-24 08:36:33

I wonder if his printer knows he is giving away free copies of the rag? If he owes so much money to his printer shouldn't he order only the copies he really needs, only the copies he thinks he might be able to sell. If I was his printer I would be pissed to find out he was giving away free copies. If he is handing out free copies to meals on wheels and leaving another 80 or so at the COA, that's a lot of free copies. If I were his printer I would also call the 3 or 4 places that sell the rag to find out how many copies are left over every week.

#59 2009-08-24 09:09:00

We know he has 4 or 5 people buying his paper! Maybe if he just printed 10 copies on his home computer, he would cover the entire demand for his paper?

#60 2009-08-24 09:35:43

His paper doesn't sell.  He knew it wouldn't from the beginning, hence the buy it at some places, or get it for free at some places policy.  If he stops putting out free rags, he doesn't have a paper left.

#61 2009-08-24 09:41:53

Bobo, I know I've made some jokes, but I thought about it over the weekend, and I just want to say, "BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!"

#62 2009-08-24 10:01:05

Bobo's new home office:

http://toxmystery.nlm.nih.gov/text_version/images/toxmystery_bathroom.jpg

The Ragserver Multi-Mega Media President's new throne!

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-08-24 10:02:05)

#63 2009-08-24 10:56:10

Hamatron, dontcha know he's an award winning journalist, this was on the wall of his office before he decamped for Halifax:

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/615_loo.jpg
Photo by me, no kidding...

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#64 2009-08-24 12:29:10

Don't schedule an interview with the President of Ragserver Multi-Mega Media at the home office on Refried Chili Taco Night, whatever you do!

#65 2009-08-24 12:41:41

It's amazing to me the lengths to which Robert Slager will go to twist and spin ANYTHING to benefit himself. It's painfully obvious to anyone with a modicum of business acumen that his business is a sinking ship. He can't afford to hire any new writers (Andrea Smith's inexplicable return can only mean she's being paid with either free McDonald's gift certificates or bags of yarn), he claims that "combining" the Tri-Town and Wareham Observers was an effort to better cover the area (right), and now closing his local office space is a way to "save money." What? Bob, seriously, just sit back and take the time to re-read some of the tripe you bang into a keyboard everyday. Objectively speaking, does ANY of it make any sense to you? I'm just waiting for the next logical progressions ... well, we had to stop printing the newspaper, so in an effort to better serve Wareham I'm now going to print individual copies and staple them together here in my "home office" and hand them out on the street corner ... or, since print media is dead, I'm going to continue my lunatic rantings online but only on Thursday and Friday between 9:00 and 9:15 when I can get free access. Bob, give it up. It's over. No one here is out to persecute you. You've done more than enough to marginalize yourself as a credible "newsman." You're a joke. A sad, pathetic, sick joke. And you need help. Take what little shred of decency you have left and stay in Halifax. Here's an idea: why don't you go get a "real job"? Stop playing Mr. Small-Town Editor and actually do something productive for your wife and kids.

Last edited by HunterThompson (2009-08-24 12:42:43)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com