#1 2009-08-12 22:39:57

I think that's it great that more and more people are opening their eyes when it comes to the BOS and Slager.  However, taking on Slager is EXACTLY what he wants you to do.  He lives off these boards now.  You are essentially giving him his "news."

Forget publicly boycotting businesses that sell the Rag.  Keep it to yourself and word-of-mouth.  Me and my family and friends have avoided these places for a year or so now, because they sell the Rag.

As you can see, Slager fed off of it and will cut and paste his drivel over and over and over again as something similar ties into it.

What you REALLY need to do it BOYCOTT SLAGER!!!  He lives off getting your e-mails.  He loves trying to tear you apart on behalf of his Sweet Brucie.  But if you ignore him, he will go away.  Yes, it is tough.  Yes, we should still dispel THE LIES, but the more you target Slager himself, the more he will feed off of it.

I've known people that have gotten into it with Slager in the paper, on the phone, e-mails, and the like.  You might as well bang your head into a brick wall, because you can't reason with a moron.  These same people have since chosen to avoid him despite continuous stories about them, or jeers, or whatever.  And you know it goes up his ass sideways when they still ignore him.

YOU WILL NOT CHANGE THE MINDS OF THOSE THAT BELIEVE HIM!  NEVER  But based on his sales, number of paid internet subscribers, and protest participants, there really isn't that many.

The people you NEED to focus on are those NOT IN THE KNOW.  Those that have not opened their eyes to what's going on.... not because they are affiliated with one side or another, but because they are busy with their home and work lives that they really didn't have the time to observe.  Or had the will to observe.  Or who just don't care about politics in general.

I know everyone must know registered voters that don't vote, or those that vote and only vote for the incumbent because they figure "they must be doing good, so I'll vote for them."

You need to find a way to reach people in the dark.  Open their eyes.  Slager's minions cannot be brought over from the darkside.  NEVER! 

I know we're trying to be a little less harsh in our criticisms here, but those that follow Slager are just plain stupid.  They are uneducated and easily influenced.  That's how he reels them in.

Focus on those that are well-adjusted and educated and have a greater understanding on how the world works.  If you get to these people, then and only then, will you rid the Town of Slager and the current BOS.

But that's just commonsense!

#2 2009-08-12 22:54:24

Well said Common, I shall do my best to live by that. It is difficult when you discover he is a liar and have to make a simple phone call or trip to prove it, but you are right, he lives for that. His followers are blinded by his promise of "life changing" findings and how much he thinks he knows. There is no changing his mind, so I doubt we will change any of his followers.

Well, I will do my best to stick to it this time. Slager is a wart on this town, and I will ignore it until it goes away.

#3 2009-08-12 23:00:55

Larry McDonald wrote:

It is difficult when you discover he is a liar and have to make a simple phone call or trip to prove it, but you are right, he lives for that.

There's nothing wrong with exposing a lie that he's written....

but engaging him directly, or making your news story about HIM rather than the LIE, is really falling right into his hand.

#4 2009-08-12 23:42:33

Hey LM, What're you doing? Go to bed. You've got a big day tomorrow.

One day at a time.
The Bobo 12 Step program (substitute alcohol/alcoholic with Bobo/Boboholic)

These are the original Twelve Steps as published by Alcoholics Anonymous:

1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.
   2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
   3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
   4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
   5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
   6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
   7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
   8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
   9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
  10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
  11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His Will for us and the power to carry that out.
  12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

PShooter

#5 2009-08-13 07:11:14

With all due respect:

Commonsense's recipe for losing.

Robert Slager has given priceless publicity to THIS website. He alerted people who do have the Internet that there's something of interest to read on the web address without the "the" in the name.

He has taken OUR bait by responding to what we write HERE in print and by answering direct communications from some of those who post here.

Commonsense and Larry say Slager lives for our attention. True enough... Slager takes a perverse and pathological pleasure in being the focus of our criticism and anger. However, he can't help defending himself by attacking and this often leads him to making a reckless response. This hurts him and helps us.

He has let people who DON'T have the Internet know that there's a group opposed to the BoS that they might not otherwise have known existed.

The thin skinned Slager is as obsessed with us as we are with him. The primary and crucial difference is that we aren't fighting for our businesses. We are fighting for what we truly believe is best for Wareham.

Robert Slager may believe the same thing about his mission as we do about ours, but he has to know his business is at risk because of us.

He knows that an effective boycott will cut into his sales and ultimately could cause him to fold.

Despite the cogent argument of commonsense above, I still disagree and urge continuing to work on the boycott.

I strongly disagree with commonsense of giving up on the  "uneducated and easily influenced" and focusing on those that are "well-adjusted and educated" who "have a greater understanding on how the world works".

The former group are actually more likely to vote in a town election which they'd generally ignore if roused to action by Slager's propaganda. The later group are the most likely voters anyway.

My recommendation

Keep hammering away at the lies and distortions published by Robert Slager. Keeping pointing out every example of unbalanced reporting. Continue to show how amateurish his paper and blog are.

It doesn't matter if you read what Robert Slager writes, just don't pay for it.

Continue with an active and smart boycott.

Remember that he controls a weekly paper many people still read and which has become the propaganda sheet for the powers that be.

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-08-13 07:20:19)

#6 2009-08-13 08:52:03

The funny thing is Bobo commented more than once how he would not waste anymore ink on the bloggers.  And, I, agree this is where the bulk of his paper and online material comes from -- his banter with people on this site.  Ignore his direct communications with you.  Expose his lies, fabrications, misrepresentations and mental illness issues but do not engage him.  His dribble is failing -- he is destroying himself.

#7 2009-08-13 09:08:04

Some who have gotten emails from him have proof of his being crude and rude and have shown how impulsive he is when responds defensively and with anger.  Similar emails have led not only to people losing credibility but have led to legal action.

A good lawyer or therapist would tell HIM to read our emails and posts but not be lured into responding.

If I was advising him I'd tell him to take a step back and separate those posts and emails that are just designed to insult him and rile him up from those that may have valid criticism.

If he finds some of us giving him good advice he should heed it regardless of his feelings about where it comes from.

Some basics he's ignored are that he should date his blog posts and clearly label and date his updates. Any savvy blogger does this.

#8 2009-08-13 09:22:43

I won't spend too much time rehashing the basics on Slager. I'm sure by now, everyone knows he is a liar, a game player, and really not much of a reporter. What i wll say is that he is quickly painting himself in a corner.

Time to relax, See everyone on the flip side.

#9 2009-08-13 09:45:34

Urneighbor.....

Unlike Slager, I respect your point of view.  Thanks for your input.

#10 2009-08-13 12:08:47

I just wanted to point out these again:

What you REALLY need to do it BOYCOTT SLAGER!!!  He lives off getting your e-mails.  He loves trying to tear you apart on behalf of his Sweet Brucie.  But if you ignore him, he will go away.  Yes, it is tough.  Yes, we should still dispel THE LIES, but the more you target Slager himself, the more he will feed off of it.

There's nothing wrong with exposing a lie that he's written....

but engaging him directly, or making your news story about HIM rather than the LIE, is really falling right into his hand.

I think I could have focused on this more, because I think a few missed my point here. 

I think that if you expose and educate those of the LIES Slager writes, it will automatically designate him as a lair. I don't think there's a need to specifically target Slager direct on most issues, just the lies he writes.

#11 2009-08-13 15:41:51

commonsense wrote:

Urneighbor.....

Unlike Slager, I respect your point of view.  Thanks for your input.

I respect yours too.

This blog has to give pause to Bruce Sauvageau and the rest of the BoS and those who count on them for their jobs and favors, and to Robert Slager who has hitched his wagon to their fate.  That because the Wareham residents and the few outsiders like me who post here represent a formidable opposition to their continued control of the town.

What we write here for all to see is a primer in how a group of very bright and motivated people can bring down an entrenched power structure in a small town. If the real power elite thinks about what is discussed and planned in private messages and meetings they aren't privy to they should be quaking in their jackboots.

#12 2009-08-13 15:53:10

Just to chime in..Obviously he is, at least, as obsessed with this site as we who choose to monitor his propaganda, are with his. Supposedly, he'd been advised not to interact on this site as it may show a willingness to engage with us here, and I guess that blows any legal recourse he may have (maybe towards BillW as site admin. for defamation, etc. for what we bloggers write).

If you followed the interaction I had with him yesterday (posted in meeting audio thread), I was told he wanted my email address because, supposedly, there was a speaker at the meeting who was unhappy with the fact I recorded/posted it.

Ok fine, my email is listed in my profile here & on the blog site which I posted the audio. But, I was never contacted by any speaker or anyone else except Mr. Slager.
I did not reply to his email directly I replied ONLY through the other thread and stated to him that ALL his emails would be posted here and my responses would ONLY come through this site. No problem. He definitely read what I was writing and responded rather quickly. In essence, he was FULLY aware that he was posting here (indirectly).

I totally agree that a continued effort to monitor his biased/distorted views is essential. We need to be diligent and not let slip by the continuous errors by "Bobo and the Gang". I believe it's having it's intended effect of making others aware of what we've all clearly seen (too many times). I can't point out Mr. Slager's "issues" any better than acasualobserver has in numerous threads, and fully intend to use the examples posted in those threads if anyone needs a rundown of his journalistic shortcomings.

I can see the "ignore him and he'll just go away" perspective. Hey, if you need to take a break from him, fine. But I think the balance is just about right. Know the goal (NO Bobo/BOS/Moderator), and the fact that our actions are a means to an end. ---oh yes, This is MY opinion.

PShooter

Last edited by PShooter (2009-08-13 20:46:08)

#13 2009-08-13 16:07:05

PShooter wrote:

I can see the "ignore him and he'll just go away" perspective. Hey, if you need to take a break from him, fine. But I think the balance is just about right. Know the goal (NO Bobo/BOS/Moderator), and the fact that our actions are a means to an end. ---oh yes, This is MY opinion.

PShooter

My sentiment exactly.

#14 2009-08-13 16:45:12

i have been calling him out on his lies daily.. i ask him question about the truth 2,3,4,5 times while he will respond he doesnt answer his responses are almost always a sea of bs i wade thru it and suprise no answer so i ask again till he either answers me or tells me he is "done with my games" there are a few regulars on his site that have blind faith in him his word john d and i have gone round for round and he buried me in a sea of bs also and still hasnt answered my question.. going on 2 weeks.. slager has told me i am stealing his copyright and he does it from this site also john d's email used an image and text but slager never told him he was stealing. the whole papers being allegedly being stolen. slager john d mslilly and i all discussed this on his site. i call the COA then i went there a stack of 86 papers were there in the same place mondays delivery was placed.. after it was breaking news on here and i called hime to let him know he had papers there on his site he said another delivery had been made funny he NEVER mentioned that till i called him out...he also states that bruce and jane d have NOT "signed" the mediation so its not binding after reading other papers and nora's i questioned him again same bs the BOS havent signed off so its not binding.. yesterday he had the BALLS to call me a troll meaning i was on his site to disrupt the thread i stick to the thread and my questions are relavant. then he denied it when my husband called him out on it and ohh yes mslilly stood behind slager "he didnt call your wife a troll". from what i have seen there a few of his regulars that truely lack some comprehension skills and on the other side there are a few  know their stuff.. he has claimed he wanted the truth and i have called him out and even dared him to find the truth with me in my situation with the bos and ita he has never accepted my challenge all it takes is 5 minutes at the town hall. i personally wonder why he cant put half the effort into getting the facts and truth that he does to create bs..

#15 2009-08-13 17:40:02

Like most of those reading and posting here I haven't subscribed to Robert Slager's pay to play blog. Therefore I didn't have any idea who was posting there or what the debate was like until you mentioned that John Decas, Ms.Lilly and yourself was posting there.

Is it worth me paying up to read what is being posted?

You and Ms.Lilly post here but although John is listed as having signed up I see no post under his name. Do you know if he reads this and if he does is he posting here under another name?

Where does John stand on all of the controversy?

#16 2009-08-13 18:21:37

SLAGER POOR BOY CANT GET OUT OF BED IN THE MORNING ,TO TIRED, TOUGH SHIT YOU FAT BASTARD, I GUESS LIEING THE WAY YOU DO I GUESS DOES TAKE A TOLL ON YOU, AND BENDING DOWN TO KISS BRUCES RUMP MUST TAKE A TOLL ON YOUR BACK.

#17 2009-08-13 18:33:54

not john decas but john donahue.. john donahue steers from the controversy most times him and i had a run in like i said he still hasnt answered me. slager continues every chance he gets to relate bob brady with cbw and recall but when john donahue sent out his race baiting email he did it as joe citizen not moderator funny they draw a line for that but not bob brady slager claimed prior to the big meeting that it was a recall meeting attendees would have to sign in and that would be the recall sheet well that didnt happen he still swears to this day its about a recall... i never thought a reporter would have blinders on soo narrow but the more he writes the more he exposes himself.. kinda like watching a train wreck.

#18 2009-08-15 00:20:43

Two things that make all this worth while:
1. When a certain person goes 0 for 3 and then hangs their hat on the 4th BIG THING. It makes me realize how lucky I am to have free speech and the ability to know the difference between ethics and a "sell out".

2. Just knowing when April comes around, all the posturing won't mean a thing, it's votes that count. :)

Have a great weekend, see ya'll soon!

#19 2009-08-15 17:29:25

As a three year veteran of The Slager Wars I want to add my own voice to the chorus that is urging you to attack his lies but to ignore the wretched man who spouts them.

I encourage you all to think of him as the (sub) human equivalent of a trick birthday candle that relights after you've blown it  out.  Attempts to "extinguish" him with angry responses just lengthen his life .The best way to get rid of Slager is to let him burn himself out. 

That doesn't mean  that we should ignore the effects of his  poisonous lies. They need to be collected , collated, and one by one rebuffed, calmly and clinically, just as has been done in "living color" on this site.

It's easy to imagine how  this well ordered dissection of his venomous  tirades could be made into an awareness raising  flyer that could be shown to his   advertisers and which could also make an effective newspaper ad.

Another factor to keep in mind is that as a minion of The House of Donahue Slager is being used to deflect our energies away from what we should be focussing on: Fall Town Meeting and the April Election. Don't fall for it.

Dick Wheeler

#20 2009-08-15 17:37:05

Dick, I agree with you 100%, well said. On a side note, wasn't it you who Brenda shouted "Excuse me, take you hands off me" (or words to that effect) at the meeting? I missed that part of the evening's entertainment, and would love to hear your account, thanks.

Last edited by PShooter (2009-08-15 17:37:37)

#21 2009-08-16 13:08:00

PShooter:  So THAT'S who that woman who "hit on me" was !  Wow....She really came on strong!  I figured she was just someone for whom older men hold a special appeal , and that I was the most qualified  ultra-geezer she could see.

The funny thing was that after I ignored her advances, she went around behind me and screamed into my ear. I  wrote it off as just a matter of unrequited love, but I have to add that when that many decibels are delivered two inches away from a powerful hearing aid, it's like putting your brain into a Quisinart and flipping the switch.

Now maybe you can help me identify her side-kick...the chunky guy on crutches with a do-it-yourself cast on one foot.  I felt sorry for him. He seemed to be in a panic over an apparent total loss of memory and kept  pleadiing  to me and Bob, "Do you know who I am?"   Poor guy....I hope he got home all right.

#22 2009-08-16 13:22:15

Dick, Thanks for the clarification. I think the "Do you know who I am" guy on crutches injury was legit. I hear he suffers from chronic "foot in mouth disease".
p.s. I enjoyed your segment in the Chronicle's piece about Wareham. Those are the kinds of things I want this town to be known for.

PShooter

#23 2009-08-16 13:22:29

The "ultra geezer chaser" and the "chunky guy on crutches" are only two of the members of the side-show known as the Wareham Board of Selectmen!..Mr Wheeler is right: this fall's meeting and especially next April's election have to be focused on to help bring back this Town to normalcy..it is a daunting task considering the freaks involved..the Donahues would have been bad enough, but throw in Sweet Brucey, Brockton Brenda, the Dirt Thief, and Sleepy Cruz and it's no wonder we're in the mess we're currently in!!

#24 2009-08-16 13:52:38

Dick Wheeler...I realized a long time ago when we started to communicate by e-mail, that you are one funny dude!!

#25 2009-08-16 16:45:29

Hey Dick,
At least the ultra geezer chaser only said get your hands off me when she "hit" on you. She could have started quoting ancient Greek poetry. And then what could you have done? It's really hard to resist a siren!

Glad to have you on board as one of the brave ones using his or her own name.

#26 2009-08-16 17:28:50

mr wheeler atleast brenda remembered your name as she exclaimed it at the top of her lungs.. she couldnt remember if the new town accountant that was just hired that she interviewed had a degree or not.. classic selective memory just like the "get a lawyer sue em"..

#27 2009-08-16 17:53:09

Dick...I think you should run for Selectman.
You are, like 80 years old, and your mind is sharper and clearer and more focused than people who are 20 years younger than you...like me!
RUN! WIN! KICK THEIR ASS!!!
Don't forget, Ronald Reagan was 74 on his second inauguration.
If you don't run, be the mentor of someone you can trust to take your advise, respect your experience, honor your service, and appreciate your counsel.
RUN,DICK,RUN DICK RUN!!
RUN DICK, RUN!!!

#28 2009-08-17 09:07:56

Thanks for  the thought Dan, but I don't even have to use the  broken- body -parts excuse : we do so much traveling  I'd  have to miss half the meetings , and  think how tough that would be on Brenda!   

I'm committed to supporting  candidates who are first and foremost Good Human Beings, and who also have the smarts to wrestle  with the enormous financial and personnel management problems  these clowns have inflicted on our town.

You are right on the mark , however, in  reminding all of us that  we have  to  start rallying around  possible  candidates and also begin to identify people who are good organizers  and strategizers so that we can win the battle of the ballot box in April.

All of this "talkin'" has been a very healthy exercise for all of us, but we've got a lot of "doin'" that needs to be done. Bill W has performed a great service with this site, and Bob Brady's meeting gave  The Movement a giant boost. Now we need organizers,  strategizers , and fundraisers.

The actual number of contributors to this site isn't enough  to win an election, but the number of "hits" is impressive even when you account for multiple visits by the same people.  How can we "capture " those people for face-to-face meetings in our homes or at the Narrows or The Gateway? Any ideas?  Seems to me we have to encourage people to come out of the shadows  and show a willingness  to  join hands with all  the other folks who want to take back our town. 

In the tradition of the famous saying  from the  Whaling Era...."Only the whale who spouts gets the harpoon", I would volunteer to be  the  Interim Collector (IC) of names ,  home and e-mail addresses,  and telephone numbers ,just to get something started...If enough of you see the need for ratcheting up from "talkin'" to "doin'".

#29 2009-08-17 09:38:40

Just a thought: sometimes the best people who run and win local elections are those who have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the race. That's because they aren't power hungry and they are modest and vastly underestimate their capabilities because of this.

#30 2009-08-17 10:02:57

I agree with Mr. Wheeler. We need to start the community meetings and identify good candidates for Selectmen. We should capitalize on the momentum. We also need to get organized before the town meeting, just to be sure we aren't blindsided by some of the tactics that are currently being used by the Selectmen.

#31 2009-08-17 12:38:08

Dick,
Excellent ideas. I wish you were able to run. You'd get my vote. Let's setup a few more get togethers and get some more organization. When I first came here I had no idea who would be a viable candidate to run. I now, would suggest, if they be willing and able, Larry/Steve/Bbrady. From what I've seen they ALL seem to have the attributes/character I'd hope to have leading Wareham. Do I have a second?

PShooter

#32 2009-08-17 16:05:23

Now is also the time to check into getting a television program on WCTV as soon as possible.
Once you are up and running, you will have a built in audience and will reach many, many people.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com